Author Topic: 2012/13 UEFA Champions League Final - Bayern München 2-1 Borussia Dortmund  (Read 591822 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Great matches both of them. I'm really looking forward to Bayern Munich V Barcelona.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan
Barca can only win this, I think.

If they go out against Bayern, then they went out against what is currently considered the best and strongest European side. If they advance into the final, they have once again shown that form is temporary and class is permanent

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Looking forward to the bookies overpricing ronaldo ags again

Betting aside, these games will be epic

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
Dortmund have already played Madrid twice this season, won one and drawn one, so don't think it will be a walk over for Real ;)

The Real of the group stages is not the Real of 2013. Had they played in the beginning of the season as they are right now, the league would not be decided yet.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
I would have liked to see two derbies as semis.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Very interesting draw. BVB can very well topple Real, as Bundesliga is decided now and they can concentrate on CL. Madrid still have an eye on 2nd place in La Liga. Bayern will also do Barcelona, atleast I hope so. All German final :wave

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
The Real of the group stages is not the Real of 2013. Had they played in the beginning of the season as they are right now, the league would not be decided yet.

Real's been rather inconsistent in the Liga and I think Dortmund will give them a pretty good match. The return leg being at Madrid makes Real slight favourite I think.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
Very interesting draw. BVB can very well topple Real, as Bundesliga is decided now and they can concentrate on CL. Madrid still have an eye on 2nd place in La Liga. Bayern will also do Barcelona, atleast I hope so. All German final :wave

Bundesliga is not decided yet; Leverkusen can still snatch 2nd place from BVB.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Dortmund took four points off Real Madrid in the group stage. Admittedly, two legged games are different affairs and Real Madrid look better now than they did a few months ago but still, they've proved this season they can do it against them. I reckon it'll be very tight and very evenly matched.

Have to be drawn to play each other first. ;)

Fix!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
Real's been rather inconsistent in the Liga and I think Dortmund will give them a pretty good match. The return leg being at Madrid makes Real slight favourite I think.

They have hit form in the last couple of months and will be a greater threat than in the group stages.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
They have hit form in the last couple of months and will be a greater threat than in the group stages.

I know I will be supporting Dortmund. :wave

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Personally I'd like to see Germany v Spain semi's with an all German final, and dortmund winning it. Unlikely, but who would have predicted the outcome of the 05 tournament.

Cracking. Should be 4 really good games.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
Dortmund are one of the VERY few teams in Europe that are glad that they play at home yet.

If they can take a narrow win at home (or even a 0-0) to Madrid, they can just sit back and just counter RM relentlessly in the second leg. They won't have to chase the game like the Malaga game.

Counter attack vs Counter attack.

MASSIVE shame Manszukic is suspended for the other semi final first leg because of that dive by Chiellini.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
I know I will be supporting Dortmund. :wave

I know I won't  :wave

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Can't wait for these. So much better without having an English team in there (us aside ofc).
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
With the overhyped Götze Dortmund don't have a chance. The other pair is 50/50 if the overhyped Robben doesn't play and Messi is in proper shape.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
Barcelona get the away tie at home AGAIN.

that's like 80% of knock out ties they've had at home since Pep took over 5 years ago.

Offline harrythered

• Kopite
Good draw, think we'll see a Bayern - Madrid final. Barca couldn't beat PSG, and Dortmund just got by Malaga. Looking forward to it.
Justice For The 96

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
The draw I wanted. But how do Barca keep getting to play at home second.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan

Bribery or fate.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Can't wait for these. So much better without having an English team in there (us aside ofc).

Though the competition is a lot poorer without Beckham participating.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
Their last 2 CL exits have come while playing the 2nd leg at home...I dont know that numbers but I dont think 2nd leg at home is as big of an advantage as many think it is. Stats might say otherwise though.

With the overhyped Götze Dortmund don't have a chance. The other pair is 50/50 if the overhyped Robben doesn't play and Messi is in proper shape.
Dortmund outplayed Real for the better part of 180 minutes earlier this year and Gotze is anything but overhyped. Most folks didnt even know who he was before this season, much like Reus...I dont think they'll win but they sure as hell have a great chance.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:02:56 pm by b_joseph »

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
We all must remember the standard of this competition will now drop.

Eboue is no longer in it after all!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
We all must remember the standard of this competition will now drop.

Eboue is no longer in it after all!

An neither is Zlatan, the game changer. Not to forget: Beckham!

Offline d gorgeous one haz spoken

• and said "You're ugly"
  • Legacy Fan
What.A.Fix!

Offline d gorgeous one haz spoken

• and said "You're ugly"
  • Legacy Fan
2 German teams in the final @ Wembley.

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
Bayern Munich deserve another crack at the final after being beaten by an average Chelsea side last year.

I prefer an all-German final as a neutral.
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Couldn't fail to get a good draw but still, looks really exciting. Who do people want in the final? Not a fan of same country finals ideally. So Barca v Dortmund would be good. Although any combination will be interesting I would rather not have abort El Classico, will end up being ultra niggly.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
Dortmund have already played Madrid twice this season, won one and drawn one, so don't think it will be a walk over for Real ;)

Very true but I fancy Real now as others have mentioned they have improved since & for me there experience will edge it
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Belter ties. I can't call it. That's all.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:32:16 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
Barca 2nd leg home again?
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
really hope Bayern can get Mandzukic' card rescinded and have him available. he's very very important for their pressing game.

it's a joke he is suspended of the semis because of THIS. fuck off Chiellini. reminds me of Muller's suspension for WC semis.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
Barca won't be able to limp past Bayern.

I fancy Madrid - Bayern in the final and (sadly) Madrid to win it because of Ronaldo.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
Couldn't fail to get a good draw but still, looks really exciting. Who do people want in the final? Not a fan of same country finals ideally. So Barca v Dortmund would be good. Although any combination will be interesting I would rather not have abort El Classico, will end up being ultra niggly.

Same country finals are a bit poo but I think with Barca & Messi et al v Real & Ronaldo et al in there pomp just once would be great to see as a final the niggly stuff I don't mind
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
I'd prefer to see a Bayern v Real final.

I've never liked same country finals they tend to be drab; I remember Milan v Juve from 2003 it was dire also Utd v Chelsea wasn't much better it's highlight was Terry falling over during his moment of glory. Also I really don't like Barca watching them is really boring, yes they pass it well and keep the ball and I wish we were half a successful as they've been in recent years but I cant sit through 90 minutes of pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass it Messi

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
Most exciting semis for ages, can't wait for these

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Now Bayern has the chance to show how good they are. If they beat Barca it will be still Madrid waiting in the final. All their big mouth talking will be put the test now. Same with Dortmund although I think Madrid will definitely go to the final.

One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd prefer to see a Bayern v Real final.

It could happen as Barca is very tired, the players lack motivation after winning everything for years, not only with the club. On the other hand, Bayern has problems against a passing game as Gustavo is the only midfielder mobile and strong enough when it comes to defense.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:52:10 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Lets all pray to god we don't get a Barcelona vs Madrid final. I don't hate either of the teams or anything but does anyone really want to see that game again, with all the stupid circus we get with it?

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lets all pray to god we don't get a Barcelona vs Madrid final. I don't hate either of the teams or anything but does anyone really want to see that game again, with all the stupid circus we get with it?

Agree but it´s pretty likely to happen again.