Author Topic: RIP Roger Lloyd Pack aka Trigger  (Read 4624 times)

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
Re: RIP Roger Lloyd Pack aka Trigger
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 04:40:35 pm »
I think that must surely end the thoughts of any more only fools specials in future although i heard only last week they were coming back for comic relief soon.

R.I.P Dave (Trigger)

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 04:42:08 pm »
"If it's a girl they're calling her Sigourney after an actress," he said of Del Boy's child-to-be. "And if it's a boy they're naming him Rodney, after Dave."
:lmao Love that
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2014, 05:28:45 pm »
A British television icon and a key member of the single greatest sit-com ever made.

R.I.P.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2014, 05:33:30 pm »
What a tragedy. My children absolutely adored Trigger...they have the complete collection of Only Fools.
RIP Roger.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 05:36:30 pm »
R.I.P Trigg, proper legend of Comedy, laughed my head off many a time to some of his quotes. 

Here's a few belters.

Trigger: You knew my Grandad Arthur, didn't you Mr Trotter.

Grandad: Yeah, I knew Arthur alright.

Trigger: He was a smashing man, he took care of me when my Mum went.

Rodney: Where was your Dad?

Trigger: He died a couple of years before I was born.

Del: You're going on your holidays Tuesday, ain't yer?

Trigger: Yeah, I'm Looking forward to that Del. I've been under a bit of pressure lately, what with me Gran in hospital and me case being adjourned. It'll be nice to get away from it all. I'm gonna live it up a bit. Disco's nightclubs, golden beaches, blue skies.

Rodney: Sounds Great Trig, where'y going?

Trigger: Ireland!

Mike: Don't try'n be funny with me, Trigger. I'll tell you this much, I've had certificates for my beer.

Trigger: Yeah, I've had a few days off work with it as well!

Jevon: You gotta give Del he's due's ain't ya, he did all the catering by himself.

Mickey: Leave off Jevon, can you see Delboy standing in the kitchen cutting up all them loaves. He probably got some idiot to do it for him.

Trigger: No, I made em for him.

Del: We had Denzil in goal, we had Monkey Harris at right-back, we had...we had camaraderie.

Trigger: Was that the Italian boy

Trigger: Going down the pub, Alan?

Alan: Oh yeah, we'll be there.

Pam: We're going down the pub, are we?

Alan: Got to be polite to Raquel and Del. We've gotta wet the baby's head

Pam: Roughly translated, that means, 'I can't wait to get down the Nags Head and get legless with Del!

Trigger: Take your time, Pam, we've gotta christian the baby first.

Denzil: It's closed!

Trigger: (Checks watch) Well, it's a bit late, innit?

Del: What d'you mean 'a bit late?' You said it was open twenty-four hours a day!

Trigger: Yeah, but not at night!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 05:38:17 pm by Dingle Red »

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 05:36:42 pm »
Sad that.

R.I.P
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2014, 05:49:04 pm »
One of the key people who made Only Fools and Horses what it was.

RIP.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2014, 08:24:17 pm »
Was gutted to hear the news, extremely talented actor and a very, very funny man.

One of my favourite Trigger moments was when Del was arguing with the dental receptionist and she shouts at him, "whats wrong with you, you moron" at which point Trigger comes in and says, "oh just a couple of fillings" hahahaha
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 08:31:25 pm »
RIP Trigg

Without you, Jason McAteer and Rob Jones would never have gotten their nick-names.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2014, 08:39:28 pm »
RIP to a great comedy actor.

Obviously he'll always be Trigger to most, but for me he was actually terrific in the Vicar of Dibley aswell...

Offline Owenjg77

• Main Stander
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2014, 08:43:04 pm »
Can anyone find a link to the clip where he is talking about his award for having the same brush from Only Fools and Horses? one on youtube has been butchered

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2014, 08:44:41 pm »
Gutted. RIP Roger. Absolutely unreal character.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Aaron Rattray1

• Almost a new record in rEceiving the pOsting bEfore tHinking aWard. needs to get a shift on.
  • Anny Roader
  • Grimsby town and Liverpool fan
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2014, 09:29:17 pm »
Got the only fools and horses complete collection, wonderful actor RIP

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2014, 09:42:29 pm »
Can anyone find a link to the clip where he is talking about his award for having the same brush from Only Fools and Horses? one on youtube has been butchered

best i can find...  ;D

http://www.vidoosh.tv/videos/15083/only-fools-and-horses-the-truth-behind-triggers-broom
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2014, 09:42:47 pm »
RIP

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2014, 10:37:19 pm »
Absolutely gutted go hear this.

I didn't even know he was ill.

RIP
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline Owenjg77

• Main Stander

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2014, 11:03:08 pm »
Ah man
Just got into this news
Very sad. RIP
Look forward to seeing some of this class lines Dingle Red quotes above in the tribute shows
+6 ticket exchange

Offline El Diablos

• The Chronologically Trousered Philanthropist
  • Legacy Fan
  • All posts copyright of Alan Smithee
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2014, 01:01:06 am »
Was triffik in Only Fools, his timing and deadpan delivery was amazing. For me Trigger (and his suits) was one of the most memorable TV characters from the 80's.

Back then I also had a thing for his daughter, Emily.

RIP

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2014, 02:47:56 am »
"Do they call 'im Trig 'cause he carries a gun?"

"Nah. It's 'cause he looks like a horse!"

RIP.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2014, 07:24:49 am »
I thought this was a really nice tribute to him written by a friend of his. RIP Roger.

Roger Lloyd-Pack: A wise, cultured, politically aware figure – and my mate

Roger Lloyd-Pack, who died yesterday aged 69, was best known for playing Trigger in "Only Fools and Horses", but he was also an active campaigner for social justice

I knew Rog because he had lived round the corner from me in Kentish Town, north London since I was a kid. Our circles were such we were bound to bump into each other, and our interests such we were bound to become friends.

He was both a father-type figure and a mate. Armed with a life of wisdom, he coupled this with a good ear to hear what was on my mind. He had a mischievous heart and it meant he wanted to join in the fun he saw I was having.

Roger was a man who believed strongly in social justice: he took his politics seriously, and was one of those old-school, cultured, well-read, left-wingers whose politics stemmed from the fact he saw beauty every where in life like a Shelley romantic and was heartbroken that humans connived to rob others of the chance to enjoy such things.

His politics wasn’t born of the nuts and bolts of the campaigns he lent his voice to, but because he believed in community. With his sons and wife he organised an annual street party in Kentish Town to ensure neighbours spoke to one another and got along. That was as much a political act for him as marching to save his local hospital or reading a poem at an anti-war demonstration. He fostered a strong sense of belonging in all he did.

He was the patron of the Friends of Highgate Library, and when it was threatened with closure, Rog shook with anger at the thought of a nation that had found the cash to bail out banks but didn’t have the nous – or civility, as he put it – to find the few thousand a year to secure the future for a store of learning, art and beauty.

He will, of course, be remembered for his role as Trigger, but he didn’t really like that. He hated it when we were at Tottenham’s Bell and Hare pub before a Spurs game and people would say: “Oi, Trig, can we have a picture?” He would smile and say to me: “Haven’t any of them seen Richard III or even The Vicar of Dibley?” and then laugh.

He got harassed constantly by people who wanted to take his photo and he’d look slightly resigned. Part of this was down to an innate shyness as a person – strange, perhaps, for an actor – but it was also linked to the idea that he hated celebrity and other such nonsense.

He believed so strongly in equality that he simply didn’t think the fact he had been on the telly made him any different than the person who went up to him, shook his hand and said ‘Trigger, you made us laugh’.

And he could be such a bloody good laugh. I recall a trip to Wembley with him before the Carling Cup final against Chelsea. He was, of course, spotted on Wembley Way by a whole heap of fans who began singing: “Trigger, give us a song, Trigger, Trigger, give us a song.”

He shrugged his shoulders, and launched into a rendition of “Oh When The Spurs Go Marching In”. Within a few moments he had 500 people joining in

We played cards into the night, drank fine wine and listened to jazz, rock ’n’ roll and gabbered on about political philosophy. He loved to listen to reggae with a Guinness in his hand and was proud when his son, Hartley, an accomplished DJ, spun records.

There was a serious side to him, too. He was a surrogate dad, always there to give sound advice, and hear what you had to say. He was full of acts of kindness, from helping out the Camden New Journal’s Christmas hamper fund to personal acts of generosity. When he heard I was taking a drama teacher I was keen on out on a date, he arranged for us to meet him at the Apollo Theatre in Shaftesbury Avenue to see Richard III.

There wasn’t just a pair of tickets at the box office. He whispered conspiratorially, “meet me round back,” and took us across the stage as he and Mark Rylance were getting into costume. He took us into a box to watch the proceedings, knowing it would be a cool date, and winked a knowing wink at me as he led us to our seats. “I think you may be in there,” he whispered and giggled with joy at being a facilitator.

Roger was a gentle, kind, cultured friend. I’ll miss his smile. I’ll miss the wise counsel he offered. I’ll miss hearing his voice at the end of the phone when Spurs had won well or lost badly. And the nation will miss his wonderful talent.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2014, 08:38:21 am »
lovely tribute

he made me laugh so much on only fools

was even little things like that blue suit

sad to hear he died of cancer, hope he didnt suffer too much, its heartbreaking to think he did
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2014, 08:58:10 am »
RIP Trigg

Without you, Jason McAteer and Rob Jones would never have gotten their nick-names.

Nor my black lab.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2014, 12:06:36 pm »
Loved him in Vicar of Dibley, provided many happy memories.

RIP

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2014, 12:23:07 pm »

A very funny guy and an accomplished actor which you tend to overlook. He 'stole' scenes in Only Fools, sometimes with nothing more than a look with that dead pan face of his.

Sad loss. RIP

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2014, 12:29:47 pm »
In memory of Roger Lloyd Pack's career, repeats of his finest tv moments will be shown on all weekend on Rodney. Sorry, I mean Dave.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2014, 12:30:53 pm »
In memory of Roger Lloyd Pack's career, repeats of his finest tv moments will be shown on all weekend on Rodney. Sorry, I mean Dave.

:D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2014, 01:05:20 pm »
hahaha

Dave's just had a row with the sultan of Brunei

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2014, 01:41:42 pm »
That's the one, cheers = )

Anytime Dave....  :thumbup
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2014, 01:45:17 pm »
Ah man
Just got into this news
Very sad. RIP
Look forward to seeing some of this class lines Dingle Red quotes above in the tribute shows
Do you still play right back?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2014, 02:16:29 pm »
The end of the creator of the cybermen!!!

Oh yeah, and Trigger too.  ;)

RIP Fella, you're an absolute legend.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2014, 02:18:02 pm »
Ah man
Just got into this news
Very sad. RIP
there was a character called monkey harris wasnt there?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2014, 02:22:11 pm »
RIP Trigger. :(

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2014, 02:25:09 pm »

See 2 posts above.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2014, 02:25:54 pm »

Del: We had Denzil in goal, we had Monkey Harris at right-back, we had...we had camaraderie.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2014, 02:26:39 pm »
See 2 posts above.
thats just my post again ;)

na was it the right back in the team when del found that photo. the episode they realize slater married raquel?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2014, 02:27:26 pm »

brilliant delivery that from trigger. he was pure gold in that episode

"jeremy beadle"

Offline Red Cobbler

• Main Stander
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2014, 02:38:55 pm »
Del: Rodney, You know who that is don't yer?

Trigger: Sounds like Jimmy Saville.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2014, 02:44:17 pm »
Del: Rodney, You know who that is don't yer?

Trigger: Sounds like Jimmy Saville.
whats ever funnier is when he is explaining elsie partiridge's actions

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2014, 11:16:42 pm »

Exactly where i picked it up from...a character on the show mentioned but never seen
+6 ticket exchange