Author Topic: Middlesbrough v Liverpool - Wednesday - 7:45  (Read 21776 times)

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Middlesbrough v Liverpool - Wednesday - 7:45
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2016, 11:50:28 am »
Boro don't really attack at home (this is from a season ticket holding workmate) so if we are on it attacking wise we can bag the 3 points.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2016, 11:52:48 am »
Replacing who ?

Firmino back up top, and Origi back on the bench - or modify the system, to have Firmino play behind Origi.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2016, 11:54:23 am »
Firmino back up top, and Origi back on the bench.

He's got no right foot couldn't come in on the inside and it would prevent our left back overlapping.

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2016, 12:03:44 pm »
Firmino back up top, and Origi back on the bench - or modify the system, to have Firmino play behind Origi.

Isn't this game won by scoring goals?

Origi scores more than Moreno   :)

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2016, 12:06:14 pm »
He's got no right foot couldn't come in on the inside and it would prevent our left back overlapping.

Milner has no left foot, but is playing left back, go figure. It's not prerequisite that a winger must always play to go on the inside.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2016, 12:06:31 pm »
I remember playing them a couple of seasons ago when it ended 14-13 to us on penalties. They were supposed to be the best thing ever.

What's happened since then?

It'll be a typical premier league game where the underdog team has nothing to lose, playing at home and is up for it. Unless we're 4-0 up with a minute to play, certain players will continue to shit themselves for 90 minutes. Certain "senior" players, senior players that should know better and should be calming everyone the fuck down.

For once I'd love to see these players step up to the plate. A 1-0 win away from home against a team like this, in a game that could have gone either way at the end of 90 minutes, is far more important to this team than a shitfest or a 3 or 4 nil win without breaking a sweat.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2016, 12:09:20 pm »
Milner has no left foot, but is playing left back, go figure. It's not prerequisite that a winger must always play to go on the inside.

Milner can use his left foot well enough and he's not the one who has to come inside.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2016, 12:11:45 pm »
I cannot believe we're not allowed to have a Karius thread on here.
It's the most talked about issue right now, and it's easily one of the most pertinent selection issues ahead of the next game.

What does it say about this forum that we can't even debate it?

Offline Redman92

• Main Stander
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2016, 12:13:04 pm »
My first time at the Riverside , so pretty excited despite the general apprehension

I've heard parking is a nightmare, any tips?

just park in town centre and walk from there its not far.  look for the Zetland car park its pretty cheap and a 2 min walk from train station

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2016, 12:14:54 pm »
Should rename this  "the miserable bastards doom and gloom prediction thread".

I seriously wonder about the mental state of some in here and how short memories can be.

Yeah your memory is very short, we've been absolute bollocks for the past 3 games.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2016, 12:16:41 pm »
It's the most talked about issue right now, and it's easily one of the most pertinent selection issues ahead of the next game.

As someone who has voiced his concerns re Karius, and taken some real abuse on here I echo your comments whole heartedly.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2016, 12:17:09 pm »
Yeah your memory is very short, we've been absolute bollocks for the past 3 games.

We've had a bad half in each of those games after a couple of months of consistently excellent football. Cheer the fuck up.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2016, 12:22:35 pm »
Millner had a poor game, Moreno does that almost every game, key difference.

You miss the the point I am making. I am not debating one player over the other. Moreno ever since the Europa Cup final has been deadman walking and in his first league of the new season was shred to pieces by both the fans and the pundits. I have a preference but support them both. Merely pointing out the fickleness of our fans and in some cases, their inability to notice the media driven drivel ie:- inability to think for themselves. Maybe it is mere impatience. Same thing is happening to Karius.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2016, 12:22:38 pm »
Are we playing in that shite lumo green kit again tonight?

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2016, 12:24:05 pm »
As someone who has voiced his concerns re Karius, and taken some real abuse on here I echo your comments whole heartedly.
He spilled a shot against Bournemouth and shortly afterwards his thread was locked.

Since then, we've had his interview in the Daily Fail, some more problems in the West Ham game, major pundits telling him to 'shut up', and finally Klopp making the unusual step of getting involved in a public row.
It's a huge issue, and we're not able to discuss it on this forum.

Obviously it's not ok for people to be coming on here and just slagging him off, because he's a member of our squad and we should support. But surely we're allowed to discuss major selection issues.
Mignolet has been good when called upon since Karius arrived at the squad. Aren't we allowed to discuss the case for bringing him back?

I think it's really disappointing that the thread just gets locked.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2016, 12:24:05 pm »
As someone who has voiced his concerns re Karius

Have you?! Certainly swept those under the rug didnt they mate, didn't even notice.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2016, 12:25:48 pm »
Have you?! Certainly swept those under the rug didnt they mate, didn't even notice.
I'm against folks just venting their anger after a bad result, but we can't just lock down anything about a player who is genuinely struggling, otherwise it's not a forum for discussion.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2016, 12:25:57 pm »
I'd be tempted to bring in Moreno to add some energy as we just look a bit tired. Not sure where I'd play him or who for though. Can't see it though, it'll just be the same as West Ham and we'll look lethargic as fuck. Would definitely want to see Origi right, Firmino central and Mane left though if we go unchanged with personnel.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2016, 12:26:13 pm »

:lmao

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2016, 12:27:27 pm »
We've had a bad half in each of those games after a couple of months of consistently excellent football. Cheer the fuck up.

Oh that's alright then, did amazing before. Doesn't matter if you can't keep it up. I remember everyone said we'd be fine without Coutinho, that was denial.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2016, 12:29:05 pm »

Probably that people can't be trusted to have civilised debates without it descending into chaos.

PS - you prick ;)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2016, 12:32:53 pm »
I'm against folks just venting their anger after a bad result, but we can't just lock down anything about a player who is genuinely struggling, otherwise it's not a forum for discussion.

When its a witch hunt, then yeah they can and with good reason.

The pre-match, half time and post match threads are fucking full of people slating the kid. There's a thread in general football about Gary Neville which has plenty of slagging off the poor kid. It really doesn't need another one, does it?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2016, 12:33:17 pm »
You miss the the point I am making. I am not debating one player over the other. Moreno ever since the Europa Cup final has been deadman walking and in his first league of the new season was shred to pieces by both the fans and the pundits. I have a preference but support them both. Merely pointing out the fickleness of our fans and in some cases, their inability to notice the media driven drivel ie:- inability to think for themselves. Maybe it is mere impatience. Same thing is happening to Karius.
I’m not missing point, I’m choosing to ignore your barbs and insults that I’m fickle, being coerced by the media or cannot think for myself.

I’ve seen Moreno for over two years and seen him make the same basic positional, tackling and decision making errors almost every game, it’s got nothing to do with the media. Milner had a poor game but you know what, it’s a rarity and considering he’s playing in an unaccustomed position, I can forgive him.

I’m quite capable of watching him play and coming up with those conclusions all by myself thank you.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2016, 12:33:37 pm »

I think it's a case of you trying too hard to think differently frankly. Moreno was a weak link, Karius is a weak link, it's that simple. Yes football is a team game but it contains individuals who can negatively or positively affect the team and they will be praised or criticised accordingly.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2016, 12:34:02 pm »
Probably that people can't be trusted to have civilised debates without it descending into chaos.

PS - you prick ;)
haha, cheers :)

seriously though, couldn't the people getting abusive and negative be warned individually rather than shutting down the whole debate?

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2016, 12:35:24 pm »
Where has the confidence suddenly gone in the support?

Dominant 2 - 0 win tonight with Firmino and Mane scoring.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2016, 12:35:51 pm »
haha, cheers :)

seriously though, couldn't the people getting abusive and negative be warned individually rather than shutting down the whole debate?

Don't know.  In theory yes but it's hardly the first thread to get ruined by incessant arguing so the Mods probably can't be arsed reading through the same arguments over again.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2016, 12:37:18 pm »
When its a witch hunt, then yeah they can and with good reason.

The pre-match, half time and post match threads are fucking full of people slating the kid. There's a thread in general football about Gary Neville which has plenty of slagging off the poor kid. It really doesn't need another one, does it?
depends what you mean by slagging.
abusive language, slurs etc - obviously there's no place for that.

but clearly there's an issue over how he's doing so far.
he has really struggled, otherwise the likes of Neville wouldn't be talking about him.
it's not slagging him off to acknowledge that and discuss what's best for the team moving forward.

just locking down the debate altogether feels like throwing out the baby with the bath water

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 14, 2016, 12:40:01 pm »
the Mods probably can't be arsed
pretty much.
and to be fair, I definitely have sympathy for them!

anyway, I've tried to put the issue back on the table via the Mignolet thread, so we'll see what happens.
hope it doesn't descend into bullshit.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: December 14, 2016, 12:42:13 pm »
I’m not missing point, I’m choosing to ignore your barbs and insults that I’m fickle, being coerced by the media or cannot think for myself.

I’ve seen Moreno for over two years and seen him make the same basic positional, tackling and decision making errors almost every game, it’s got nothing to do with the media. Milner had a poor game but you know what, it’s a rarity and considering he’s playing in an unaccustomed position, I can forgive him.

I’m quite capable of watching him play and coming up with those conclusions all by myself thank you.

I was generalizing and in no way was it intended to be an attack on you personally. For that I apologize. However, you do miss my point as I am not debating the pros and cons of either player. I was referring to players getting a free ride even where they make the same mistakes as the scapegoat. The same mistakes for example- Milner caught out of position being way forward - is really a weakness in our playing style / system. Moreno got lashed for it  Milner didn't.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 14, 2016, 12:42:15 pm »
Oh that's alright then, did amazing before. Doesn't matter if you can't keep it up. I remember everyone said we'd be fine without Coutinho, that was denial.

You must be delighted, then, that you got to be right! Far more important than showing support for your team whether they win, lose or draw right?

As for the last three games in the league -

The first one we won, with a vast majority of the possession and shots. Sunderland pretty much stayed in front of their goal for most of the game.
The second one we would have won comfortably if we hadn't taken our foot off of the gas.
The third one we again took our foot off of the gas, but their goals were a well taken free kick close to the goal and a rather flukey one due to a mistake.

We could go second in the league tonight, below a team we took maximum points off away from home and above a team we took maximum points off away from home. We've been unlucky with injuries, but we're still very much in the title and top four races.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2016, 12:42:16 pm »
he has really struggled, otherwise the likes of Neville wouldn't be talking about him.

Let me just delete everything else because that drew my gaze immediately ;D

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2016, 12:48:20 pm »
I was generalizing and in no way was it intended to be an attack on you personally. For that I apologize. However, you do miss my point as I am not debating the pros and cons of either player. I was referring to players getting a free ride even where they make the same mistakes as the scapegoat. The same mistakes for example- Milner caught out of position being way forward - is really a weakness in our playing style / system. Moreno got lashed for it  Milner didn't.
I've not missed the point and I've responded to it a few times by saying that Moreno has made those mistakes game after game. He's not improved those aspects of his game which is why people criticise him as it's annoying.

Milner made the same errors but it's pretty much a one off which is why the criticism isn't as bad. Other than that game he's been solid while still providing an attacking outlet. He's got almost as many assists this season as the 'better attacking' Moreno has in his Liverpool career.

People were saying the same about Clyne earlier in the season, arguing that if it was Moreno making the same errors he's get crucified but once again Clyne has improved and isn't making them anymore. Big difference.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Joe Allens chicken

• got roasted
  • Main Stander
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2016, 12:48:39 pm »
Boro don't really attack at home (this is from a season ticket holding workmate) so if we are on it attacking wise we can bag the 3 points.

It will be a bit strange if they don't attack us considering it's our weakness. Surely they know if they sit back they'll eventually concede.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #154 on: December 14, 2016, 12:54:34 pm »
It will be a bit strange if they don't attack us considering it's our weakness. Surely they know if they sit back they'll eventually concede.

It'll be better for them to concede first, then they'll attack and we'll crumble because we get complacent and simply just can't defend.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2016, 12:54:46 pm »
Let me just delete everything else because that drew my gaze immediately ;D

haha, fair enough, touché! :)

but I stand by that bit you've picked out, and surely that's not the same thing as 'slagging him off'.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2016, 12:54:51 pm »

We've failed to win in a whole TWO games and are third in the league, if we continue to struggle then moan all you like.
You don't really give a shit how the team does though do you? Most of your posts are 'I told you sos' where you're gloating about how you predicted our demise, another defeat would delight you.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 12:56:30 pm by joezydudek »

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2016, 12:57:53 pm »
It'll be better for them to concede first, then they'll attack and we'll crumble because we get complacent and simply just can't defend.

Oh my lord.........

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2016, 12:58:46 pm »

Yes that is abit strange, one would assume he was getting a barrage of abuse and mods couldn't be assed constantly cleaning up the thread.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2016, 12:58:46 pm »

Yawn.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid