Author Topic: FULL TIME LFC 2 - West Ham 2 (Lallana '4, Payet '27, Antonio '38, Origi '47)  (Read 58060 times)

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FULL TIME LFC 2 - West Ham 2 (Lallana '4, Payet '27, Antonio '38, Origi '47)
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:26 pm »
All a bit underwhelming. Haven't really been on it since the international break to be honest. Hopefully we can avoid a proper slump and stay top 4. 

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
Re: FULL TIME LFC 2 - West Ham 2 (Lallana '4, Payet '27, Antonio '38, Origi '47)
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:26 pm »
Took aimless crossing to a new level then

Origi has to do better for me. Not on his toes enough for balls to be played through, pulls out of challenges and is nowhere to be seen in the air
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:29 pm »
Also congrats to Boro. We're keeping you up.

As I said last weekend. We wont win until the new year. Another season, same mediocrity, same mental weakness.

Offline North Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:30 pm »
If I have to read that we're missing Coutinho one more time...
Let's just give up in advance eh? He's not available and we're not a one man team.!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:42 pm »
Questions will be asked about Karius, of course they will. It’s inevitable and of course he could have done better, certainly for the first.

But what won’t get talked about, least of all in the media, is what’s happened so far in the second half, which is why Karius was bought and brought in.

I’d urge anyone to watch the half and first count how many touches Karius has, then how often he finds a red shirt, then how much time he spends on the ball. He gets us into attacking positions more quickly, more often and in far less time than the vast majority of other goalkeepers could or would. Judging Karius only on his saving ability is like judging Matip only on his heading ability, or judging Mane only on his skill on the ball.

You’re not going to understand a player, let alone judge them fairly, if you only look at one single aspect of what they do.

He's a goalkeeper. He's paid to save shots, which he's not doing. I don't care how many times he touches it with his feet or plays out from the back, means fuck all if you're not doing the first thing you should be doing.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:45 pm »
Firmino was horrible by the way. So ponderous in possession and wasteful with efforts. He slowed the game down so much when he had it. When Firmino is bad he is very bad
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:48 pm »
Crap result!

That's two in a row now, lets not make it three.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:50 pm »
We were always going to have a little blip at some stage, all teams do.

Just disappointing that we give goals away for nearly every chance created against us.

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:51 pm »
Questions will be asked about Karius, of course they will. It’s inevitable and of course he could have done better, certainly for the first.

But what won’t get talked about, least of all in the media, is what’s happened so far in the second half, which is why Karius was bought and brought in.

I’d urge anyone to watch the half and first count how many touches Karius has, then how often he finds a red shirt, then how much time he spends on the ball. He gets us into attacking positions more quickly, more often and in far less time than the vast majority of other goalkeepers could or would. Judging Karius only on his saving ability is like judging Matip only on his heading ability, or judging Mane only on his skill on the ball.

You’re not going to understand a player, let alone judge them fairly, if you only look at one single aspect of what they do.

Ok. Fair. But for Payet's goal he was woeful no?
*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:52 pm »
Took aimless crossing to a new level then

Origi has to do better for me. Not on his toes enough for balls to be played through, pulls out of challenges and is nowhere to be seen in the air

He scored

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:54 pm »
Crock of shit that.

Chelsea play below par - Win 3 points.

The mancs even ground out a win.

We can't even beat a really poor West Ham side.

Sadly starting to show the mental weakness from last season again.
That's what's most frustrating. I could accept dropping points to better teams, but we're gifting them to inferior ones through sheer mental collapse. One point to show from two matches we were in control of.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:07 pm »
Also, 6 points off the top now.

And City are seven points off the top, but I bet their fans won't be worrying just yet.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:10 pm »
Again we scored, again conceding daft goals cost us.

Also, why even have subs if we aren't going to use them? If we don't trust the young lads why even bring them? Would a Woodburn or Ejaria really offer nothing? Less than a gassed anonymous Firmino?

Seriously frustrating.

Is that not a bit fucking obvious mate? You need to have a bench. And there's nobody to bring apart from the youngsters.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:12 pm »
Why no subs? Firmino was a passenger for that second half.

Strange lack of courage from the bench. Disappointing from Klopp.

Sticking Klavan on was a decent shout, looked absolutely solid in the second half. I'd give the fella a run of games now.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:17 pm »
Also congrats to Boro. We're keeping you up.

As I said last weekend. We wont win until the new year. Another season, same mediocrity, same mental weakness.

Go back to redcafe you whopper

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:17 pm »
City and Liverpool's choice in goalkeepers handing the League to Chelsea this season.

We're good enough for top four but we should be comfortably qualifying for the CL.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:19 pm »
I'm not sure about the comfortable top 4........ even with Klopp we still show the same weaknesses and there is still something missing from us!!!!!

players. klopp is squeezing every drop from this team there will be ups and downs

Offline Harris96

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:21 pm »
Who would you have brought on that you believe would have made a difference

Moreno for firmino, no doubt

There right back was there for the taking all match, that was much evident in first 5 mins. We'd have had someone running at him other than a knackered milner (played well but only out ball for 90 mins)

Or even woodburn, have another goal threat rather than pumping balls into origi for the last 10 mins

Offline nutmeg94

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:21 pm »
Missing Coutinho. Breaking down teams that park the bus, even if the teams are dross, isn't easy. It takes inspiration and we're missing our main source of it

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:24 pm »
Well I said that we weren't going to win the league after the Bournemouth match and today just confirmed it.

We're good enough for top 4 but the squad isn't strong enough to win the league. If Karius is still looking uncertain at the end of the season we might have a problem but I think it's unfair to write him off now.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:27 pm »
disappointing but it almost felt like a game we might end up losing. sometimes we lack that early low ball into the box instead of players taking a touch and lofting it in.

I thought Mane looked our only real threat towards the end. Firmino was quiet, lallana maybe not quite up to speed and there wasn't a great deal of service for Origi. Not sure randolph made a save apart from Henderson's shot. It's a lot of huff and puff really.

The thing is without the sloppy defending we win that 2-1. We need to sort that out
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:28 pm »
How many of those little dinks did we just chip into Randolph's hands??
That was infuriating.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:28 pm »
If I have to read that we're missing Coutinho one more time...
Let's just give up in advance eh? He's not available and we're not a one man team.!
Right yeah, maybe we should just sell him then.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:28 pm »
Really frustrated, decision making was poor today, crossing was poor.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:32 pm »

Lets put Lucas in goal then. I reckon he'll recycle the ball even qiucker.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:36 pm »
What's happened to the blistering intensity we had a month ago?

I want to post something mildly positive about Karius but just can't. He has, quite simply cost us there.

1 win in 4 since the international break. Fuck knows what has gone wrong since then.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:45 pm »
Yes, we are. I dread to think what happens when Mane goes as well.

Matip goes, too.

Offline TheCunningScorpion

• Main Stander
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2016, 06:27:51 pm »

I couldn't care less about how many successful passes he has if he can't save the ball! That after all is his ultimate job and he has made shocking errors in the last 2 matches which could cost us by the end of the season. If you only judge a goalkeeper by their ability to pass we may as well play an outfielder in goal!

Online Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:05 pm »
We're just as good as Arsenal and Chelsea when we're at best. We're just not at our best as often as they are. Arsenal beat Bournemouth and West Ham reasonably comfortably the week before we played them yet we've got 1 point to show from the same games.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline kingz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:08 pm »
Our performance was fine. We score goals, create chances.. 3 golas last week then 2 goals today,  should be enough to win but we have a model playing as a goalkeeper it's crazy how he kept his place after last week.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:08 pm »
Our squad depth is being shown up for what it is, not as deep as we would like.

We've got some key players out and it's showing.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:09 pm »
I said it after counting I got injured ..

We need to adapt .. We need to realise how to grind out wins .. we won't be scoring at every attack like we did .. We can't score three goals to win every game .. Two goals is enough to win a game but we didn't win .. because our Defense is shit ..

Title gone unless we put a 10 game winning run and I don't see that happening . By end of January we will be fighting for Top4 place.. I hope we put a substantial gap from 5th placed team

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:09 pm »
Yes, we are. I dread to think what happens when Mane goes as well.

Klopp will have been preparing for that, he'll most likely have some idea of how to replace Mane and his brilliance.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:12 pm »
Ah, poo. Bit of a sticky patch, still better to get it out of the way now than in May. (Assuming it doesn't continue into Christmas)

Look for the positives, in terms of Champions League qualification, which does represent decent progress let's not forget, it's a point in a weekend when Manchester City and Tottenham got 0.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:14 pm »
Lazy performance. Constantly lacked concentration at critical points. Never got to grips with the midfield or felt we needed to for some reason. If you let the opposition pass the ball around like we did after the first goal, they start getting confident and cut the mistakes out that pressing gives you, and allows the defence to settle. Disturbing lack of urgency when we first get the ball, with five or six sideways passes until someone shows for a forward pass.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:18 pm »
He scored

So all the rest can be forgiven

Scored last week but was the cause of 3-2 and 3-3
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:23 pm »
Sticking Klavan on was a decent shout, looked absolutely solid in the second half. I'd give the fella a run of games now.

If it had been Klavan-Lovren instead of Lucas-Lovren last week we might have held on. Who knows... he was very good today and is by trade a defender
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:27 pm »
Hard to imagine we can win the league with a keeper like Karius.

We have to reevaluate our aims for the season, now that he's shown to be quite costly. If we can finish in the top 4 and around 6-9 points off the top, i will take that. Then we can look to bolster our weak spots in the summer.

Small steps.

Remember we've finished 8th and 7th in the last two seasons.

Offline TheBigRedFatPanda

• Main Stander
  • I'm a people's man, only the people matter- Shanks
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:31 pm »
Last year everytime we went on a good run we seemed to lose momentum through individual defensive errors. This patch right now is just reminiscent of our poor form last year. Need to get out of it quickly as we can easily slid out of the top 4. We have a paper thin defense so winning the league this year was always going to be too big a leap. At least expectations are now going to come back down to earth! Need some big games to get our players fired up again!

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2016, 06:28:38 pm »
Go back to redcafe you whopper

Prove me wrong then - show me where we have shown strong mental capability.