Author Topic: Leaving before the final whistle.  (Read 17157 times)

Offline Igor Biscuit please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Leaving before the final whistle.
« Reply #160 on: December 1, 2016, 12:04:16 am »
 Anyone who has tried to use the new bike parking facilities, could you post your experience here..have been thinking of parking somewhere near the m62 and biking the last few miles.
It could save an hour off my journey home if it's viable ie is your bike still there when you show up at the end of the match  :P
Could also be a solution for people who have to leave early.

Offline LFC-Dan

• one of the worst here!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: December 1, 2016, 12:17:28 am »
I stayed in row 70 of 306 until the final whistle, went to the loos before leaving, and got home to fucking Anglesey by midnight. Where the fuck in Liverpool do you live if it's taking you that long to get home? ;D

I could walk to Aigburth from Anfield in that time!

Seriously, people. Park a bit closer to town. Walk for 20 minutes at the end of the game and save yourselves the hassle of Anfield traffic. It really is a lot quicker in the end. :wave
Brilliant this!  ;D

Think they would have left to get home early if it had been extra time last night?  ::)
Justice for the 96

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #162 on: December 1, 2016, 12:29:20 am »
I believe some people went at half time when we played Milan, daft sods.

What I really can't understand is when people leave and the result is still in doubt, especially cup games, it really does beg the question why bother.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
  • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
« Reply #163 on: December 1, 2016, 12:46:36 am »
this is spot on for me.

I'll hold my hands up i left on 89 mins yesterday.

That doesn't make me less of a fan. And yes i wanted to save myself an hour of sitting in traffic as had to be up early for work today. I stayed to the end on Saturday does that make me better?! does it fuck

If the ground had been bouncing and people had left on 89 no one would be arsed. it was a combination of events yesterday that's got to everyone.

the issues that need addressing, leaving on 89 minutes is way down the list

edit - turning up 15 minutes into the game was a biggie yesterday too. never seen so many late arrivals!!

i were one of the fan arriving 15 min late the traffic on m6 and m62 is terrible b ut i certinly did stay till end and last out of the main stand back to the car
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 1, 2016, 12:59:27 am »
I wouldn't do it, but if there was ever a time to do it, it was last night I guess. It was ridiculously cold, the game was dead, and public transport is a nightmare around Anfield (and Merseyside) at night time. I wouldn't dream of leaving early, but meh I don't resent people for doing it last night, I wanted to get in the warm as soon as possible too
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: December 1, 2016, 01:01:20 am »
I stayed in row 70 of 306 until the final whistle, went to the loos before leaving, and got home to fucking Anglesey by midnight. Where the fuck in Liverpool do you live if it's taking you that long to get home? ;D

I could walk to Aigburth from Anfield in that time!

Seriously, people. Park a bit closer to town. Walk for 20 minutes at the end of the game and save yourselves the hassle of Anfield traffic. It really is a lot quicker in the end. :wave

Aye, parking near/down Stanley road saves so much hassle, can't believe the people who pay for those Ł10 car parks then are gonna get twatted in the traffic out
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #166 on: December 1, 2016, 07:10:32 am »
Aye, parking near/down Stanley road saves so much hassle, can't believe the people who pay for those Ł10 car parks then are gonna get twatted in the traffic out

On the odd occasion I drive to the match I park near the 5 aside pitches.  Always take the Dock Road back into town - no hassle at all.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 1, 2016, 08:50:14 am »
Have a feeling Klopps perception  of the atmosphere  inside Anfield is quite different  now his managsr

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #168 on: December 1, 2016, 09:14:36 am »
If I am ever in a rush to get home I will walk down and stand by the exits but I will never leave the stadium until iv heard the final whistle.

It only takes a second to score a goal. Love it when we score in added time and seeing people rush back in like they can see it again

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 1, 2016, 09:26:20 am »
Have a feeling Klopps perception  of the atmosphere  inside Anfield is quite different  now his managsr
Yes I get that feeling too.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 1, 2016, 09:49:58 am »

Sure he's got his agent working on a move to Crystal Palace as I type.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: December 1, 2016, 10:13:16 am »

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #172 on: December 1, 2016, 10:17:51 am »
So what about the people who come in 5 mins after kick off, so they can enjoy one last pint... Are they
As bad or worse than the early darters ???

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #173 on: December 1, 2016, 11:27:55 am »
Leaving before the end looks crap, but the game was won. It is annoying, but I'd worry more that only a small number of us seemed arsed about making some noise and supporting the team for the 90 minutes before that. Given how Klopp has repeatedly said he believes that the atmosphere and the noise we make genuinely makes a difference, it is fucking maddening to have so many people just not remotely bothered about making some noise / singing some songs.
This. A thousand times this. I really wonder why so many bother paying good money to go sit, look utterly bored and not even slightly try to support the team. There was a guy after Origi's goal v Sunderland who gave a half arsed clap whilst looking as if he was in the queue for the checkout at Asdas! I nearly lost my voice after that one went it!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 1, 2016, 01:48:53 pm »
So what about the people who come in 5 mins after kick off, so they can enjoy one last pint... Are they
As bad or worse than the early darters ???

It's probably the same people!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 1, 2016, 01:53:05 pm »
Sure he's got his agent working on a move to Crystal Palace as I type.

No but you know what he's getting at. When we scored all I heard was the Leeds fans, and again at the end, you would of thought they had won.

Offline LJA

• Main Stander
« Reply #176 on: December 1, 2016, 02:05:40 pm »
Some people here take football far too seriously. It's only a game.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #177 on: December 1, 2016, 02:21:17 pm »
People here keep on going that the locals are better than the 'supporters that we have around the world'. FYI we in Asia wake up at 3 am on weekdays to watch the mighty reds. We do have to work in the morning as well but we sacrifice our sleep. If I was in Anfield, I will stay till the end no doubt about that. That is what happened when Liverpool came to Singapore a few years back.

Amazingly I have seen people at this site saying that they left early so that they can reach home one hour earlier. Absolutely shocking and I don't understand it at all.

Before I am shot down, I am not a superfan at all. Just a normal OOT from Asia.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline TheSpionKopNC

• Main Stander
  • Boom
« Reply #178 on: December 1, 2016, 02:25:32 pm »
People here keep on going that the locals are better than the 'supporters that we have around the world'. FYI we in Asia wake up at 3 am on weekdays to watch the mighty reds. We do have to work in the morning as well but we sacrifice our sleep. If I was in Anfield, I will stay till the end no doubt about that. That is what happened when Liverpool came to Singapore a few years back.

Amazingly I have seen people at this site saying that they left early so that they can reach home one hour earlier. Absolutely shocking and I don't understand it at all.

Before I am shot down, I am not a superfan at all. Just a normal OOT from Asia.

I get the same impression often.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #179 on: December 1, 2016, 03:56:12 pm »
If we're playing i'm watching. Have traveled to Asia- Australia and watched at all hours.

I come over virtually every season. Never left early. But then i'm on holiday when there.

I remember once I had a bit of the flu and was going up to Kirkby to watch the U19's play. Took Merseyside rail, got a cab to the Academy, and the guard informed me the match was postponed until the next day. The cabbie was leaving about 20 yards down the road but he saw me waving and came back. Took me back to the station. As it was we had a match the next day so missed watching the kids.

The only time I ever thought about leaving early was two seasons ago when we played Stoke City and got hammered 6-1 the last match of the season when the lads had their bags packed to go to Dubai or wherever with Gerrard. But I hung around the pub with some of the gang and just used gallows humor the second half we were so poor. The players didn't show much commitment and I came close to the same..

Nothing to do with superfan, just being a supporter in my own way.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #180 on: December 1, 2016, 03:58:06 pm »
Bravo & good on you Advil & others who show that level of support from afar.
When i started this thread i didn't expect many to admit to leaving before the final whistle,how wrong i was on that.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #181 on: December 1, 2016, 05:53:00 pm »
My own personal view on it, as someone who would never dream of leaving early (even if we had clearly lost the game going into the latter stages) is I look forward to going to the game all week. And I want to savour every minute of it.

I have to travel 90 mins-2 hours to get home, and frankly couldn't care less about getting back half an hour earlier (at best) by leaving with 5 to go. What difference does it make? And my mate who I attend with is of exactly the same mindset as me, and he has more on his plate (with different work shifts and family etc) than I do.

I can understand more people doing it on nights like Tuesday (or midweek games in general), but I will NEVER get my head around why certain fans were heading for the exits early on Saturday at the Sunderland game. We were only 1-0 up at the time, game still in the balance and the team needs the support!

What difference does it make if you're getting home at say half 6 instead of 6 (for example) on a Saturday teatime FFS??  :no

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #182 on: December 1, 2016, 06:11:07 pm »
If you can buy a ticket you can do what you want as long as it is legal and respectful.

Leaving early is hardly respectful though is it? And Isn't 'I've paid for my ticket so I'll do what I want and fuck the rest' the attitude of a customer not a supporter?

Just sayin'...
« Last Edit: December 1, 2016, 06:13:06 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #183 on: December 1, 2016, 06:40:42 pm »
Surely taking longer to get out of the stadium and get home is one of the aspects of supporting a massive club at a massive stadium?

I've got a ST at Leicester, takes about five minutes to get out and then maybe half hour to get home (I live about eighteen miles from the stadium). I'd imagine at smaller clubs at smaller grounds its quicker, and at United or Barca/Real its even worse. Tough shit I guess. Surely you'd just try and find a way to get home a bit quicker, find somewhere a bit nearer to park?

I really don't think its anything to do with being a superfan, or 'I go the game more than you' or whatever. But surely people can see its more powerful as a club if the ground is completely full for the whole game?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #184 on: December 1, 2016, 08:09:57 pm »
"I've paid my money I'll do what I want fuck the lot of you"

Self entitled bullshit.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 1, 2016, 08:16:16 pm »
Surely taking longer to get out of the stadium and get home is one of the aspects of supporting a massive club at a massive stadium?

I've got a ST at Leicester, takes about five minutes to get out and then maybe half hour to get home (I live about eighteen miles from the stadium). I'd imagine at smaller clubs at smaller grounds its quicker, and at United or Barca/Real its even worse. Tough shit I guess. Surely you'd just try and find a way to get home a bit quicker, find somewhere a bit nearer to park?

I really don't think its anything to do with being a superfan, or 'I go the game more than you' or whatever. But surely people can see its more powerful as a club if the ground is completely full for the whole game?

ST at Leicester?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 1, 2016, 09:10:05 pm »

I've only ever left early once and that was when I got squashed against a barrier on the Kop as we scored and puked chicken soup everywhere. It was Ipswich, we drew 1-1 and I missed Phil Neal missing a pen (Mick Mills threw a sod at him as he ran up), other than that there is no reason I'd leave early.

The missus is a Manc and when her sister had her first baby, they had no choice but to start leaving early so their Ma (who had the baby) could go out on the piss, so she's missed loads of last minute goals. Its only 5 minutes drive to the ground from ours, but it takes over an hour after a game.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #187 on: December 1, 2016, 09:20:24 pm »
I respect those that need to get off so they don't miss the start of Strictly, or I'm a celeb or the X fact and important stuff like that, but anything else is a bit shit really.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #188 on: December 1, 2016, 09:25:51 pm »
I respect those that need to get off so they don't miss the start of Strictly, or I'm a celeb or the X fact and important stuff like that, but anything else is a bit shit really.

Ha ha

Chops has nailed it.

But where does the hot cup of rosy lee figure in the big picture Chops?

;D

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #189 on: December 1, 2016, 10:16:48 pm »
Leaving early is hardly respectful though is it? And Isn't 'I've paid for my ticket so I'll do what I want and fuck the rest' the attitude of a customer not a supporter?

Spot on. Klopp seems to think that Liverpool supporters have a responsibility. That means making a noise, supporting the team not criticising and staying to the end.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline traustibm

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #190 on: December 1, 2016, 10:30:12 pm »
This is what happens when supporters have been turned into customers. I notice one thing more and more too when we score a goal. Instead of people jumping up and down, most of them just stand up like in a theater and clap their hands like the royal family would do when being entertained. Less and less working class people are attending games as a result of the high ticket prices.

Dortmund fans in the yellow wall feel that they're a part of the club and stay for a while after the final whistle (and sing loudly). The players meanwhile watch the wall with pure admiration. With The Kop it wouldn't happen unless the supporters would be treated as such, not costumers. Klopp must soon (if he hasn't already) realize the roots of why our atmosphere is dreadful.

I simply wonder what FSG would do if Klopp came to them and explained what would be needed in order to get the atmosphere going. If he, for example, would tell them that ticket prices would need to be lowered, more meetings ought to be scheduled between club and supporters and more appreciation for them in general, what would they say? I doubt they would do anything about it, which is the sad part.

It's just ridiculous having a manager like him while at the same time, as a club, not doing more in order to implement Klopp's vision of supporters playing a huge part in the teams' progress and being united as one.
“I can't watch TV longer than five minutes without praying for nuclear holocaust.”
― Bill Hicks

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 1, 2016, 10:34:52 pm »

Stadium design plays a big role. More exits, and you're out quicker.

Don't get why people leave early 'to get home quicker'. I'm sorry, but that just sounds like you never really wanted to be there in the first place.

....and maybe just don't fucking drive. Get the train/bus/bike/walk, and we'd all be home quicker.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #192 on: December 1, 2016, 10:40:28 pm »
Ha ha

Chops has nailed it.

But where does the hot cup of rosy lee figure in the big picture Chops?

;D

Love a mug of the finest anfield tea as I review the first half I've taped on me VHS I-pad, Timbo.

Light entertainment and tea isn't a matter of life and death, its more important than that - Larry Grayson 1978
« Last Edit: December 1, 2016, 10:43:17 pm by NICK CHOPPER »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #193 on: December 2, 2016, 10:04:16 am »
The missus is a Manc and when her sister had her first baby, they had no choice but to start leaving early so their Ma (who had the baby) could go out on the piss, so she's missed loads of last minute goals. Its only 5 minutes drive to the ground from ours, but it takes over an hour after a game.

See, if I lived 5 minutes drive from the ground I'd just walk.....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #194 on: December 2, 2016, 11:04:13 am »
The 90 minutes of football is only part of the match experience anyway. Should be in the ground singing before the game,  clap the lads off afterwards and keep their heads held high,  give a thanks to Jurgen and the staff and then head out into Liverpool.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 2, 2016, 11:47:28 am »
If the term "support" means..

Go and watch, say nothing all game, then leave 10 minutes before the end.

I would say there are plenty of fans doing a great job.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 2, 2016, 11:56:32 am »

Really struggling to get my head around this Manc family tree. So did the sister or the mum have the baby? Or is it some sort of inbred Manc thing and they're the same person? Cant figure out what's going on here.

No offence intended towards your good lady wife of course  :wave

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #197 on: December 2, 2016, 12:12:49 pm »
The 90 minutes of football is only part of the match experience anyway. Should be in the ground singing before the game,  clap the lads off afterwards and keep their heads held high,  give a thanks to Jurgen and the staff and then head out into Liverpool.

I remember hearing a fan of Galatasary talking about the Atmosphere created in their stadium a few years back - he said every fan should be exhausted and ache like the players after a game, and if they've put the right amount of effort into supporting the team, it should take them a few days to recover.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 2, 2016, 12:19:39 pm »
Don't get why people leave early 'to get home quicker'. I'm sorry, but that just sounds like you never really wanted to be there in the first place.

Struggling with this. People don't want to sit in traffic.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #199 on: December 2, 2016, 12:26:13 pm »

Is right.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.