Author Topic: FULL TIME Liverpool 2 v Leeds 0 (Origi 76', Woodburn 80')  (Read 22073 times)

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FULL TIME Liverpool 2 v Leeds 0 (Origi 76', Woodburn 80')
« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2016, 11:19:05 pm »
Woodburn has made my night.

The Leeds fans? I strangely admire them. They're still nasty bastards after all these years and they probably unnerved a few sensitive souls but they did their job well.

Man U next please, at home but fuck it away will be no problem.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2016, 11:20:53 pm »
The game did change when we pushed Can back and put Wij in midfield. Our attack looked a lot more fluid and helped us get the two goals. The second in particular was a great move.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2016, 11:21:48 pm »
Murmurings?! Whole of centenary bloody sprung to their feet and then everywhere it spread!

It was horrendous

Fair do's... just didn't come across that strongly on the telly welly.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2016, 11:21:56 pm »

The Leeds fans? I strangely admire them. They're still nasty bastards after all these years and they probably unnerved a few sensitive souls but they did their job well.

Semi = two legs. ;)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2016, 11:22:41 pm »
Fair do's... just didn't come across that strongly on the telly welly.

That's one thing I guess. A positive at least!

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2016, 11:34:29 pm »
Murmurings?! Whole of centenary bloody sprung to their feet and then everywhere it spread!

It was horrendous

Totally agree, the main stand was just as bad.

We should be ruling the atmosphere not pandering to the chants of the away fans. In an ideal world you wouldn't even be able to make out what they were singing.

To be fair I thought the away fans were good tonight.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2016, 11:55:13 pm »
This game and the Sunderland game we would of lost them under previous managers, under Klopp though I never doubted us in both games.

We got some quality players coming through the ranks, delighted to see Woodburn get off the mark for us.

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2016, 11:58:25 pm »
But who won the Newcastle vs hull game? The Beeb are confused!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2016, 11:59:47 pm »
I enjoyed that game great to see the youngsters come in and contribute and show us all the future is bright,really good cup tie and Leeds made it a competitive game.

Great finish by Woodburn and i'm sure they will be many many goals at the Kop end in future from him.

MoTM TAA.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2016, 12:07:34 am »
Hmmm. I don't really think it's for a crowd that's sat largely silent for a full game to tell others how to support their team. Yes, many of the Leeds fans chants weren't perhaps my cup of tea, but at least they had them. Infact they had one Liverpool fans, to my embarrassment, joined in with.

Leeds fans aren't here to be polite and appreciate the subtleties of economic growth in merseyside. They're here to piss us off and support their team. They did that. We didn't. It was very very poor tonight atmosphere wise.

That was their biggest game of the season. They were always gonna be up for it.
And with the whole end to themselves, it's not hard to be heard over a mellow Anfield crowd watching a reserve side on a Tuesday night. Our fans have nothing to prove to the likes of them. They have bigger games to look forward to and to get up for.

I thought they sounded like a bunch of fans desperate to remind everyone how they used to matter, because next weekend it'll be back to playing the likes of Grimsby Rovers or whoever. So I hope they enjoyed their 15 minutes back in the spotlight at a big club. Something to tell their freaky looking kids about when they get home over a bowl of mutton stew.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2016, 12:08:28 am »
Good game, Job Done, Clean sheet, and Semi Final!
Believer

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2016, 12:28:30 am »
That was their biggest game of the season. They were always gonna be up for it.
And with the whole end to themselves, it's not hard to be heard over a mellow Anfield crowd watching a reserve side on a Tuesday night. Our fans have nothing to prove to the likes of them. They have bigger games to look forward to and to get up for.

I thought they sounded like a bunch of fans desperate to remind everyone how they used to matter, because next weekend it'll be back to playing the likes of Grimsby Rovers or whoever. So I hope they enjoyed their 15 minutes back in the spotlight at a big club. Something to tell their freaky looking kids about when they get home over a bowl of mutton stew.

Good post, basically it was their moment to show off, try to impress us, the TV audience etc. Hard to even get worked up against such second rate shite.

Sometimes a game can be watched and enjoyed without singing your heart out, and just let the lower team team away fans hog the spotlight for the night.

Had we been a goal down, then I'd expect us to wake up a bit, but even when I went in the early 70s onwards there where plenty of nights like tonight.

Games like this are all about winning, never expected any sort of great atmosphere from us tonight, it was obvious Leeds would be really fired up for it, but they also went out of the Cup in the process.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2016, 12:38:56 am »
Credit to Lucas for putting a very solid performance under difficult circumstances. Credit to Klopp for putting on Woodburn as an attacking move to replace Stewart, when he could have easily opted for a safer, more senior option like Milner. Good cameos for Woodburn and Alexander-Arnold. They might not play a lot over the next few seasons, but they both have shown an inkling of their potential

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2016, 12:56:18 am »

Unless it's changed this year, the league cup semis are played over two games. Remember we lost the second leg last year and went to pens against Stoke?

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2016, 01:12:24 am »
As a sort of side note, and despite the criticism on this forum regarding the home crowd today (whether it's warranted or expected or not...), I have to say I'm quite proud about the fact that the media -and normal, everyday people- here in Chile (and other LatAm countries, too) are gushing with praise about the observance of the minute of silence in honor and remembrance of the victims of the air crash. I mean, I'm talking about comments like "breathtaking", "goosebumps-inducing", "beautiful beyond words", "impressive", "moved to tears" and more.

I'm proud not in a "I'm winning more points than you, ha ha!" kind of way, but to be remotely connected to a place that deeply understands the beauty and importance of football and also how deep tragedies like this can cut. Proud to be remotely connected to a place deeply ingrained in football culture and folklore, and a fanbase that knows (sadly, from first-hand experience) the bitter taste of tragedy but also, of triumph through those hardships. Per Aspera ad Astra, as the Latin saying goes.

So yeah, even if you can criticise the fact that the home crowd wasn't too loud during the match and was probably out-sung during parts of it, at least you can take solace in the fact that it's still being considered, at least for today, a shining beacon of respect and union throughout the footballing world.

YNWA.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2016, 01:44:06 am »
Didn't realise how classy the lead up to Woodburns goal was on first viewing.  Mane backheel, Origi drawing in 3 players and getting the ball away, Wijnaldums lay off and the finish.  All class. 

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2016, 02:00:12 am »
First half was shite, passing was ponderous and lacking in any intensity or purpose but as soon as Can (who was awful first half) dropped deeper and Gini moved into midfield we looked a lot better. After all the talk of Gini not being a true midfielder when we bought him he looks miles better in there than further forward.

It didn't all come off for him but love Ejaria's willingness to try the difficult ball, and he never hides. There's a real player in there. TAA is an England international in waiting, Klavan is a bloody good back-up centre half and Origi can be as good as he wants to be.

Roll on the semi's.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2016, 02:34:38 am »
Kinda fills ya with warm fuzzy feelings as the kids carry on the roll.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2016, 03:00:44 am »
How many clean sheets in a row is that for the team that can't defend?

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 30, 2016, 03:07:28 am »
How many clean sheets in a row is that for the team that can't defend?

3.  Conceded 7 goals in 11 games. 

I think Chelsea have conceded 10 goals in that same time even though they have kept 6 clean sheets. 

This is including cups. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 03:12:47 am by Gifted Right Foot »

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2016, 03:07:55 am »
3.  Conceded 7 goals in 11 games.
Shite huh?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2016, 03:11:23 am »
I only saw bits and pieces of the game but it looked like a good contest from what I managed to see. Made up for Origi, a goal and an assist (a great assist at that with a lovely cut inside with his heel) and what can you say about Woodburn? Made up for the kid. Alexander-Arnold put in a great ball for Origi's goal as well.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2016, 03:16:18 am »
It was their biggest day out for the season so far, what did people expect that they'd come and act as if they visit Anfield every season? I'd like to see them replicate that atmosphere on a Monday night at Elland Road against some basement dweller side. They won't. 

Offline MerseyMania

• Defiled for fantasticism.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2016, 04:48:01 am »
When is the semi finals draw? After today's games?

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 30, 2016, 06:13:24 am »
Proud of them youngsters

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2016, 06:49:02 am »
Young lads did well, Trent is going to be a star, that cross for the first goal, brilliant.

Thought we were a bit sloppy in midfield, especially second half but we got the job done in the end.

Only surprise was Grujic, surely bring him on after the second goal and give him some game time? Especially as Origi had a couple of knocks, why leave till injury time?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 06:51:32 am by Bullet Riddled Alfredo »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2016, 07:06:06 am »
When is the semi finals draw? After today's games?

Yeah.

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
« Reply #187 on: November 30, 2016, 07:17:35 am »
I think that we were quite exposed at the back, a world of difference from our first teamers. Especially the trio TAA, Moreno and Stewart seemed shaky. Moreno being Moreno, Steward loosing the ball in dangerous positions and TAA putting him in tough spots at times with his passes. I know everyone is over the moon about TAA, but he has a lot to learn defensively. Ggreat potential though and delivered a fantastic cross! :)

All in all lots of positives as everyone have already said. Biggest one for me is Origi. Such a force up front, great dribbler, great awareness, good finisher, strong in the air. He has got it all. 

Offline KloppCanKariustoglory

• Boys Pen
« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2016, 07:38:45 am »
Does anyone else get annoyed at the new scoreboard and lack of goal scorer announcement this season! When Woodburn scored the scoreboard flashed up JAMES MILNER... who wasn't even on the pitch at the time. Then it flashed up again without anyone's name on it, before finally flashing up for a third time with Ben's name.

Why do we insist on such a tacky way of showing we have scored a goal, its even worse now George isn't allowed to belt out the name of the scorer so we can let out a little cheer. They even don't bother with saying the substitutions names nowadays.

Bring the old scoreboard back!!! >:(

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #189 on: November 30, 2016, 07:47:02 am »
As a sort of side note, and despite the criticism on this forum regarding the home crowd today (whether it's warranted or expected or not...), I have to say I'm quite proud about the fact that the media -and normal, everyday people- here in Chile (and other LatAm countries, too) are gushing with praise about the observance of the minute of silence in honor and remembrance of the victims of the air crash. I mean, I'm talking about comments like "breathtaking", "goosebumps-inducing", "beautiful beyond words", "impressive", "moved to tears" and more.

I'm proud not in a "I'm winning more points than you, ha ha!" kind of way, but to be remotely connected to a place that deeply understands the beauty and importance of football and also how deep tragedies like this can cut. Proud to be remotely connected to a place deeply ingrained in football culture and folklore, and a fanbase that knows (sadly, from first-hand experience) the bitter taste of tragedy but also, of triumph through those hardships. Per Aspera ad Astra, as the Latin saying goes.

So yeah, even if you can criticise the fact that the home crowd wasn't too loud during the match and was probably out-sung during parts of it, at least you can take solace in the fact that it's still being considered, at least for today, a shining beacon of respect and union throughout the footballing world.

YNWA.

Great post. I agree with your observations.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #190 on: November 30, 2016, 08:50:45 am »
I think that we were quite exposed at the back, a world of difference from our first teamers. Especially the trio TAA, Moreno and Stewart seemed shaky. Moreno being Moreno, Steward loosing the ball in dangerous positions and TAA putting him in tough spots at times with his passes. I know everyone is over the moon about TAA, but he has a lot to learn defensively. Ggreat potential though and delivered a fantastic cross! :)

All in all lots of positives as everyone have already said. Biggest one for me is Origi. Such a force up front, great dribbler, great awareness, good finisher, strong in the air. He has got it all.

I think that was Stewart's worst game I've seen and the injuries we had meant we played a line up that was less cohesive then what we've seen this season so far, and why just getting a result was the most important thing tonight not the performance.

Like you say a lot of positives and hopefully no more injuries and roberto and Adam should be fit for Sunday's game [emoji4]
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #191 on: November 30, 2016, 09:14:36 am »
Lots of positives from last night, not least getting the win and being able to rest a lot of our squad.

Leeds, like their fans, were well up for the occasion. You could tell how much this meant to them and to be honest I like Gary Monk, thought he was quite a decent manager so knew it wouldn't be just a walkover

Credit to our lads for wearing them down. I have confidence in our side in doing that to teams this season, but yesterday was a bit more of a worry due to some of the defensive lapses we had getting caught napping on the ball etc.

Ejaria and AA impressed me the most last night....solid performance from Lucas and the rest were ok for the most part. Glad Origi got minutes and another goal, needed both.

Onwards!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 30, 2016, 09:19:27 am »
Had to listen on the radio last night (felt like the 80's again!) - Danny Mills was such an insufferable twat throughout.

Sounded like a laboured performance but we're through.

Origi hopefully on a rich vein of form

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #193 on: November 30, 2016, 09:35:47 am »
although i dont think we performed that well...but i feel that the midfield ball flow much more smooth in some way... where Stewart fairly brave on ball use..(ok..had a danger moment)..Gini spread around better...Can..still Can... need more combo now for the rest of the season imo
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #194 on: November 30, 2016, 09:44:32 am »
A bit disjointed & a few sloppy passes which maybe you'd expect from an 11 who ain't had a run of games together.
The quality shone thro in the end as i thought Leeds were running outta steam.
Big shout to Migs,which seems to have been overlooked by many.
A lot of plaudits heading AA's way & rightly so,he's not far away from a first 11 regular,great competition for Clyne.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2016, 09:47:44 am »
Winning without playing well. Great habit to have.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2016, 10:12:45 am »
A wee disjointed last night but what do you expect with 7 or 8 changes and the couple of the young lads did themselves proud as they outperformed the senior lads. Mignolet did himself no harm as made one or two key saves, Lucas had a fine game I thought so did Wijnaldum and Origi was cool as cucumber with his finish. Hats off to Arnold, Ejaria as looked the part while special mention to the record breaker Woodburn as what a moment for him. A couple of our lads look a wee jaded as we did struggle in parts but again pretty much a new team out there so great result considering. Also hats off to the hundreds / thousands of empty seats at the end as guess it was near their bed time.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: November 30, 2016, 11:13:56 am »
Good win. What a cross from TAA

Reminiscent of the McAteer cross to Collymore in the first Newcastle 4-3. Perhaps not quite as horrible for a defender to face (as it's not bending across the goal), but similar.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #198 on: November 30, 2016, 11:24:07 am »
I think all you can ask for is to get through to the next round when you make so many changes, and the probability that this team probably won't feature together very often, if at all.

The most pleasing part was the young guys - especially TAA. Thought he looked fantastic amongst experienced players who didn't really show for much. He looks like he would be ready to come into the first team if we needed him.

Delighted for Woodburn, took his chance really well. That will give him heaps of confidence, hopefully a few more appearances for LFC this season.

EDIT: And for me, Leeds were probably the best team to come to Anfield this season. Showed real attacking intent and in the second half, sensed an opportunity was there for them and went for it. I think 2-0 flattered us a little.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #199 on: November 30, 2016, 01:19:29 pm »
Often wonder who would win between a Premier League reserve side and a Championship side. We pretty much put out a second XI, and we outplayed and outscored them. Wasn't the best team performance of the season, but it got the job done.
Brilliant, Roy of the Rovers stuff for Woodburn, hopefully the first of many. Great performances from Trent and Ejaria, too. Mignolet seems to have learned a bit from Karius, getting out of his box and spreading passes around, really pleased with his response.
That Roofe shot off the post, ooooo... There might be a player in there, you know.
And poor Stew getting punched in the face, oof.

Good game, job done. Probably never see that particular team together again, and we'll play a lot better for less reward between now and the end of the season.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA