Author Topic: Liverpool v Sunderland November 26th 3pm - Anfield  (Read 23879 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Sunderland November 26th 3pm - Anfield
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2016, 11:57:46 pm »
I'm not worried about us being complacent with Klopp in charge, my only worry would be us not having our shooting boots on again. We have plenty of time to get ready. Sunderland will park the bus, or at least try to. We should get used to this by now and we have for the most part ever since we've played United.

I'd play coutinho in midfield and sturridge up front. We're going to have all of the ball anyway

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2016, 12:01:05 am »
jimmy carter? i had to google him. i was around then but have no memory of him.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2016, 12:12:14 am »
I'm not worried about us being complacent with Klopp in charge, my only worry would be us not having our shooting boots on again. We have plenty of time to get ready. Sunderland will park the bus, or at least try to. We should get used to this by now and we have for the most part ever since we've played United.

I'd play coutinho in midfield and sturridge up front. We're going to have all of the ball anyway

Yup I'd be disappointed if it wasn't coutinho deeper and Sturridge up front. The Southampton line up is too cautious for this (although any eleven we run out is probably good enough)

Honestly suspect it'll be a massacre

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2016, 01:46:55 am »
Yup I'd be disappointed if it wasn't coutinho deeper and Sturridge up front. The Southampton line up is too cautious for this (although any eleven we run out is probably good enough)

Honestly suspect it'll be a massacre

And I also wouldn't play Can in this match. Hendo,Gini and Phil imo would be more ideal.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2016, 04:02:03 am »
Moyes teams defense can be resolute. Any complacency from our side we will be punished . Defoe just needs one chance to score.

I remember us losing against Boro when they were in relegation zone and we were in top 2. There is never an easy game in premier League.

Just win. Hopefully we will be in Top spot before chelsea play spurs

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2016, 04:26:37 am »

Can't see spurs getting anything out of that game either.  We'll need to win just to keep up with chelsea. 

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2016, 05:31:29 am »
Can't see spurs getting anything out of that game either.  We'll need to win just to keep up with chelsea.
A draw would be perfect for us, can't see Chelsea losing to Spurs. Chelsea would have to play Man City after that. Great chance for us to take the top spot back for the next two games. Just need to make sure we don't drop silly points against Sunderland and Bouremouth.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 05:34:37 am by him_15 »
Believer

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2016, 06:45:10 am »

Agree about he complacency, and that has been evident throughout the season.

I don't think Sturridge will start though. Until we are absolutely forced to rotate, like we will be during the busy Christmas schedule, the front 3 will be Phil, Bob and Mané. I think we'll see the same 3 on Saturday too, in fact I'd be shocked if we don't. Sturridge just isn't in the first choice 11 currently, whether we agree with it or not. Doesn't make him a bad player. He's still one of our best players but I can't see him forcing his way in to the first 11 right now. I personally would also like to see him start but obviously Klopp knows what he's doing, as we're 1 point off the top of the league. I think we'll see him start against Leeds alongside Origi.
YWNA

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2016, 07:04:20 am »
this is a David Moyes managed team coming up to Anfield on Saturday... the same David Moyes whom whenever he took his Everton side to Anfield, had much to zero attacking ambition...

He's managing arguably a worse side than his Everton hay days, so i don't think he's going to be playing a 4 - 4 - 2 on Saturday. It's going to be a very defensive 4 - 5 - 1 and hope for containment and an opportunity to break out once in the game and grab a goal, or win a set piece and work that.

It's going to be a game whereby we either break them really quickly and the flood gates open up, or we take a while to break them down, and when we do, the flood gates open up.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2016, 07:34:40 am »
How these won 3-0 against Hull only fowler knows.

They created lots of chances so we should create shit loads, Defoe is there only real threat and think Matip should handle him.

Would probably give Sturridge a run out, drop Phil a little deeper, similarly to where he played in the latter stages of the Southampton game. Might mean Can missing out but don't think he's required to be honest in this game.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 07:50:36 am »
I would definitely (and hope) we start either Sturridge or Origi in this game. We don't need both Can and Wijnaldum for this one imo.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2016, 07:54:00 am »
Moyes teams defense can be resolute. Any complacency from our side we will be punished . Defoe just needs one chance to score.

I remember us losing against Boro when they were in relegation zone and we were in top 2. There is never an easy game in premier League.

We didn't lose to Boro at home, we lost to them at Riversside.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2016, 07:55:56 am »
Agree about he complacency, and that has been evident throughout the season.

I don't think Sturridge will start though. Until we are absolutely forced to rotate, like we will be during the busy Christmas schedule, the front 3 will be Phil, Bob and Mané. I think we'll see the same 3 on Saturday too, in fact I'd be shocked if we don't. Sturridge just isn't in the first choice 11 currently, whether we agree with it or not. Doesn't make him a bad player. He's still one of our best players but I can't see him forcing his way in to the first 11 right now. I personally would also like to see him start but obviously Klopp knows what he's doing, as we're 1 point off the top of the league. I think we'll see him start against Leeds alongside Origi.

Fair enough, I don't like Can in midfield in this type of match imo which is why I'd be inclined to drop Phil in midfield and play Sturridge. We need to move the ball quickly in this match, and Can for all of his qualities, is slow in transition.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2016, 08:27:47 am »
No trace of over confidence here then.

In my defence, I did say I hope we score a hatful and didn't specify a final score.

I'll be happy with a solid win and a clean sheet.  Something along the lines of 12-0 would be fine and dandy. ;)

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2016, 09:38:49 am »
               Karius
Clyne  Matip   Lovren   Moreno
              Henderson
       Wijnaldum   Coutinho
 Mané                 Firmino
              Sturridge

Play Sturridge instead of Can, drop Coutinho deeper, have Firmino narrow off the left, and have Moreno providing width...

Effectively a 4231 with Firmino as the No.10.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2016, 09:43:22 am »
               Karius
              Henderson
       Wijnaldum   Coutinho
              Sturridge

Play Sturridge instead of Can, drop Coutinho deeper, have Firmino narrow off the left, and have Moreno providing width...

Effectively a 4231 with Firmino as the No.10.
Dropping Milner... seems an odd one to me. Hope that doesn't happen.

Can see why folks want to get Sturridge in, but I'd stick with the side that started against So'ton and bring Sturridge on earlier.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2016, 09:46:50 am »
Dropping Milner... seems an odd one to me. Hope that doesn't happen.

Can see why folks want to get Sturridge in, but I'd stick with the side that started against So'ton and bring Sturridge on earlier.
Nothing that Milner has done wrong, but Moreno is more expansive on the left, which might be needed to stretch a parked bus.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2016, 09:52:15 am »
How these won 3-0 against Hull only fowler knows.

Because Hull are an absolutely terrible side and Sunderland have looked slightly improved in recent weeks.

If they go with Anichebe, Defoe and Watmore again, our defence will be tested more than they were against Southampton IMO. There's a definite threat on the counter there for them and a nice little blend of attacking qualities for them to build on long-term.

However, I don't think they're anywhere close to being a proper Moyes outfit defensively yet. They simply don't have the defensive quality to shut us out unless we have a serious off day which seems very unlikely to me at this moment in time.

3-1 or 4-1 seems likely to me.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2016, 09:53:55 am »
Even if we have one of "those" days we have to win here.

A nice smashing of them would be good but I'd take an ugly win.....the 3 points are all that matters here and im confident this team knows that and will get the job done.

I don't think we have to change anything to see that happen but I don't think its that risky going more attacking as I doubt Moyes will come to Anfield looking to do anything apart from stifle us.

Get the win reds

3-0
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2016, 10:44:26 am »
Glad Sunderland have won the last couple, it will put our players more on guard than if they rocked up without a win this season. Hopefully a couple of early goals and it will turn out like the Watford game.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2016, 10:48:47 am »
This is the worst time to play Sunderland I think, they are on the up and Moyes will be desperate to record his first win at Anfield.

I think it'll be a tepid game (with timewasting not seen since Steve Bruce bored the pants off everyone every time he visited Anfield) and I'm hoping that somehow we can try and get a stuffy win by the odd goal.

Sunderland have absolutely nothing to lose and we'll have to play well to get a result.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2016, 10:57:05 am »
Back to normal - Liverpool scoring more than 3 and Sunderland being shit and getting beat.

3 - 0.

Same team as last week unless Lallana banana is fit.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2016, 11:29:44 am »
Back to normal - Liverpool scoring more than 3 and Sunderland being shit and getting beat.

3 - 0.

Same team as last week unless Lallana banana is fit.

;)

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2016, 11:30:37 am »
I would definitely (and hope) we start either Sturridge or Origi in this game. We don't need both Can and Wijnaldum for this one imo.

I like that, I kinda agree. Would love to see Studge or Origi score a few against these lot.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2016, 11:52:03 am »
Lallana definitely out?

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2016, 12:01:15 pm »
Lallana definitely out?

Klopp said after Southampton he could miss '2 or 3 games', so I'd imagine so

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2016, 12:08:03 pm »
Was out on the ale Tuesday night with 2 Sunderland season ticket holders who work at our place.

They love their club but are refreshingly honest as many fans of the 'lesser' teams are.

No matter how hard I tried to be respectful to Sunderland and say things like "Liverpool will have to be on their guard" etc, they were both stonewall adamant that we will absolutely trounce them.  They both openly declared that Sunderland are well and truly woeful and the result against Hull last weekend flattered them.

Anything but 3 points on Saturday will be a weekend ruiner.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2016, 12:21:12 pm »
I'll be nursing a 3 day hangover as well so Sunday could go either way
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2016, 12:54:13 pm »
Can't see anything but a comfortable victory in this game, if we play at our very best we will win by six or seven and even if were slightly off colour, I still us winning by three or four.

The Southampton game last weekend should of been a three or four nil win for us, the Saints relied on luck to get something out of that game, along with a superb display from Foster and last ditch defending from Van Dijk and Fonte.

Sunderland are nowhere near the team Southampton are defensively, once the opening goal goes in for us, expect the floodgates to open like they did for Hull, Watford, Crystal Palace and Leicester games.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:02:12 pm by Greatness »

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2016, 01:19:01 pm »
Hopefully we won't be trying to fix anything that isn't broken.

Our front 3 has earned their right to be trusted, the more they play together the better they'll be, we shouldn't and I think Klopp won't be meddling with that and disrupt them because there`s no need.

The quicker we score the opening goal the bigger the scoreline will be.

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2016, 01:45:38 pm »
Was out on the ale Tuesday night with 2 Sunderland season ticket holders who work at our place.

They love their club but are refreshingly honest as many fans of the 'lesser' teams are.

No matter how hard I tried to be respectful to Sunderland and say things like "Liverpool will have to be on their guard" etc, they were both stonewall adamant that we will absolutely trounce them.  They both openly declared that Sunderland are well and truly woeful and the result against Hull last weekend flattered them.

what's their opinion on the Moyesiah? ;D

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2016, 02:32:52 pm »
I think the 0-0 draw and Chelsea grabbing 1st place last week will guarantee us not being complacent about this. We need to get back to winning ways and hopefully a thrashing is on the cards.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2016, 02:38:57 pm »
               Karius
              Henderson
       Wijnaldum   Coutinho
              Sturridge

Agree with the team apart from playing Moreno over Milner.

Milner is the better defender and he's better going forwards.  Madness to play Moreno over him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2016, 02:55:03 pm »
This is the worst time to play Sunderland I think, they are on the up and Moyes will be desperate to record his first win at Anfield.
I don't usually say this and have plenty of Mackem mates, but Sunderland are shite and we will absolutely fucking destroy them, unless we have a Burnley of epic proportions - but I really can't see that happening. They won't have the first clue how to handle us.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2016, 03:08:30 pm »
Klopp absolutely battered the lads after not finishing against Southampton, so i don't think there will be a performance problem. Sunderland are no Southampton. They do not have the quality to keep us out for 90 minutes. Its going to be one of those long balls to Defoe game, which is the only weapon they have. Excited to see Manquillo back at Anfield.
Seen us win everything

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2016, 03:16:34 pm »
Klopp absolutely battered the lads after not finishing against Southampton
Did he? From what I read he told them to stop being so downbeat and that we played really well. Not sure how that can be described as battering them.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2016, 03:51:08 pm »
5-2, they have to get a couple of set piece goals eh? Wouldn't be a game at Anfield without it. Anyhow looking at our attack against that defence  :lickin

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2016, 03:55:04 pm »
Klopp absolutely battered the lads after not finishing against Southampton, so i don't think there will be a performance problem. Sunderland are no Southampton. They do not have the quality to keep us out for 90 minutes. Its going to be one of those long balls to Defoe game, which is the only weapon they have. Excited to see Manquillo back at Anfield.

say what?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2016, 06:14:20 pm »
jimmy carter? i had to google him. i was around then but have no memory of him.

;D

You lucky bastard.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2016, 07:07:19 pm »
Just beat them so hard they get sent straight down to the conference. Yeah, the 2 - 2 draw in february isn't one of the best memories i have.

Although i don't hate sunderland, it's quite clear that they're one of the most useless sides in the league for the past 4 years. Constantly changing managers and battling against relegation.

3 - 1 to the redmen (Coutinho will get one)
The change is cast