Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 247082 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: Cancer
« Reply #1880 on: July 17, 2014, 05:45:18 pm »
92A -

Yer probably right and i do appreciate the help there, deffo something to bare in mind.
Its happening a lot and my mrs to be says shes on egg shells at times and that must be horrible, and that alone makes me more angry, so its a vicous circle, but ive been trying breathing exercizes whenever i feel agitated....

Saw the endocrinologist today who has told me that im to expect another operation on my parathyroid glands to remove the majority, and 6 monthly scans, MRI's and Octeotride, to keep on top of tumours, apparently with my condition you develop tumours in three areas mainly, Parathyroid, Pituitary and Pancraes. the 3 P's. He reckons i'll have hundreds of tiny tumours in my Pancraes so they need to be monitored, but its good that we finally have a proper cause to all the issues of the last few years.

This helps actually, a lot, im writing a blog also, anyway hope all are as well as can be and wish you all the best, cheers.

R x
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1881 on: July 17, 2014, 06:45:26 pm »
92A -

Yer probably right and i do appreciate the help there, deffo something to bare in mind.
Its happening a lot and my mrs to be says shes on egg shells at times and that must be horrible, and that alone makes me more angry, so its a vicous circle, but ive been trying breathing exercizes whenever i feel agitated....

Saw the endocrinologist today who has told me that im to expect another operation on my parathyroid glands to remove the majority, and 6 monthly scans, MRI's and Octeotride, to keep on top of tumours, apparently with my condition you develop tumours in three areas mainly, Parathyroid, Pituitary and Pancraes. the 3 P's. He reckons i'll have hundreds of tiny tumours in my Pancraes so they need to be monitored, but its good that we finally have a proper cause to all the issues of the last few years.

This helps actually, a lot, im writing a blog also, anyway hope all are as well as can be and wish you all the best, cheers.

R x

Try not to give yourself a hard time. I think 92A is right, you just need to be aware of what all this is bound to be doing to you, it's a tough burden to carry at times. Just make sure to offload here as much as you need and let us carry some of that load for you.

It's good to have a diagnosis, to know what plan of action to take. It gives you something to focus on, though I suspect it's also overwhelming at times. Have any dates been set, or are you due further exams because you get started? I'm keeping everything firmly crossed for you. I'd love to read your blog if you're happy to share here. I kept one during my treatment and it was a good way of keeping everyone informed as well as getting support from friends and relatives. Hope that helps, too.

I've just had a wee scare myself. The right side of my face went numb last week and ended up with a lopsided mouth. Took myself to the doctors and was then sent to hospital for a series of tests last Friday, and had to go back in on Monday. Was cacking myself that the cancer had come back, but it looks like it's only Bell's palsy. The right side of my face is now more or less paralysed - eating is messy and painful as I keep on biting myself, drinking is messy, my speech is impaired, and my eye won't close properly, earning me the nickname Mad-Eye Moody :D I'm on high doses of antivirals and steroids, which is leaving me knackered - I just feel like crying all the time. Not because I'm feeling low, or worried, but through sheer exhaustion and relief. Months of recovery ahead of me but I'm not complaining.

Sending you lots of positive, healing vibes :)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1882 on: July 23, 2014, 04:44:39 pm »
Mum has been diagnosed with breast cancer. HER2 type. 1cm tumour which she is hoping to have operated on ASAP. Appears that it hasn't spread to her lymph nodes which is good news.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of cancer? Any stories of success?

Thanks.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1883 on: July 23, 2014, 04:57:29 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate.

The girlfriend's mum had breast cancer around 8 or 9 years ago. I couldn't tell you the exact type but although it was tough and she ended up having a mastectomy she's still here and has had the all clear.

It sounds like they've caught it early which is good so fingers crossed your mum will be okay.

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1884 on: July 23, 2014, 05:21:33 pm »
Mum has been diagnosed with breast cancer. HER2 type. 1cm tumour which she is hoping to have operated on ASAP. Appears that it hasn't spread to her lymph nodes which is good news.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of cancer? Any stories of success?

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006, and the cancer was HER2 positive. What this means is that there is a targeted therapy for the treatment, which in a sense is a positive (insofar as having cancer can be positive). From what I understand it's not a bad position to be in (again relatively speaking) and Herceptin is an effective treatment with generally far fewer side effects than chemo. I had no side effects besides maybe a bit of fatigue and the women I met during treatment didn't seem to have any problems either. Your Mum will have to get her heart checked regularly as it can cause heart problems, but overall it's safe.

My cancer was aggressive and also hormone-receptor positive, which meant an additional targeted therapy was available. It was more than 2 cm but hadn't spread to the lymph nodes either. The consultant said that was good news, and unfortunately news they couldn't give too often. I'll be keeping my fingers firmly crossed for your Mum, feel free to drop me a line if you'd like more info or need to offload. And look after yourself.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1885 on: July 24, 2014, 12:46:06 pm »
Thanks for the reply, bio.

Spoke to my Mum again last night after she's been for her second appointment, turns out they haven't 100% tested if it has spread to her nodes.

She is going in for the pre-op on Monday and then the actual op to remove the tumour a week later. They will take some of the lymph nodes out to test and see if it has spread. I'm really hoping it hasn't.

After that, they are telling her she will go on chemo - 6 sessions total, three weeks apart. How is the treatment these days? Apparently they have managed to reduce the amount of sickness that the person feels by using a combination of drugs?

After that she said it will be radiotherapy then Herceptin for a year. What frequency did you have to take Herceptin? (Weekly/once every three weeks seems to be the common amounts).

Thanks very much for your input - it's nice to hear a good story of how somebody has battled and got through it. I mentioned that I'd spoken to you online and she seems happy when I tell her stories of people beating it.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1886 on: July 24, 2014, 10:35:21 pm »
Thanks very much for your input - it's nice to hear a good story of how somebody has battled and got through it. I mentioned that I'd spoken to you online and she seems happy when I tell her stories of people beating it.
There's loads of inspiring success stories mate, tell her to always stay strong and she'll get over this journey.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1887 on: July 24, 2014, 10:37:22 pm »

Thanks.

My mum had breast cancer. Couldn't tell you what type, but she beat it back in 2005 and is still going strong. Try to stay positive and keep her strong!

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1888 on: July 25, 2014, 09:12:15 pm »
An extremely important petition for you all to sign, if you don't mind, introduced to us by -HH-
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-nhs-england-cuts-to-radiotherapy-funding

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1889 on: July 30, 2014, 09:23:39 pm »

Thanks.
The Mrs, a District Band 6 Nurse, says if its caught early its a good sign, and if it hasnt spread its a great sign.
If they can remove it then brilliant that mate.

Hope all ends well for you guys, stay positive man.

EDIT: I hadnt seen your reply above with the latest update before I posted this mate, do hope all is going to be ok man.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:25:50 pm by shelovesyou »
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1890 on: July 30, 2014, 09:24:37 pm »
An extremely important petition for you all to sign, if you don't mind, introduced to us by -HH-
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-nhs-england-cuts-to-radiotherapy-funding

done and shared.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1891 on: July 30, 2014, 09:30:12 pm »
Try not to give yourself a hard time. I think 92A is right, you just need to be aware of what all this is bound to be doing to you, it's a tough burden to carry at times. Just make sure to offload here as much as you need and let us carry some of that load for you.

It's good to have a diagnosis, to know what plan of action to take. It gives you something to focus on, though I suspect it's also overwhelming at times. Have any dates been set, or are you due further exams because you get started? I'm keeping everything firmly crossed for you. I'd love to read your blog if you're happy to share here. I kept one during my treatment and it was a good way of keeping everyone informed as well as getting support from friends and relatives. Hope that helps, too.

I've just had a wee scare myself. The right side of my face went numb last week and ended up with a lopsided mouth. Took myself to the doctors and was then sent to hospital for a series of tests last Friday, and had to go back in on Monday. Was cacking myself that the cancer had come back, but it looks like it's only Bell's palsy. The right side of my face is now more or less paralysed - eating is messy and painful as I keep on biting myself, drinking is messy, my speech is impaired, and my eye won't close properly, earning me the nickname Mad-Eye Moody :D I'm on high doses of antivirals and steroids, which is leaving me knackered - I just feel like crying all the time. Not because I'm feeling low, or worried, but through sheer exhaustion and relief. Months of recovery ahead of me but I'm not complaining.

Sending you lots of positive, healing vibes :)

Hey, ive not been here a while so forgive me, thanks for the message, its very touching.
Im sad to hear of your plight, but try to be positive if you can, its such a powerful tool, a positive mind, it can overcome ANYTHING, so keep at it mate, I can relate to the constant fatigue and exhaustion, one of the major symptoms i suffer.
I havent written in my blog for days so i'll have to get on that, nice one.

Had another MRI yesterday, appt run over by an hour before i went in, and they are so fucking noisey arent they?? the space issue in the tube thingy doesnt bother me at all but ive got very sensitive hearing and that noise is NOT good. Lol.

Anyway, due another one now for the parathyroid issue, Cant Wait! haha.

All the best everyone, and thanks again mate .

X

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: August 2, 2014, 09:25:39 pm »
Thanks for the reply, bio.

Spoke to my Mum again last night after she's been for her second appointment, turns out they haven't 100% tested if it has spread to her nodes.

She is going in for the pre-op on Monday and then the actual op to remove the tumour a week later. They will take some of the lymph nodes out to test and see if it has spread. I'm really hoping it hasn't.

After that, they are telling her she will go on chemo - 6 sessions total, three weeks apart. How is the treatment these days? Apparently they have managed to reduce the amount of sickness that the person feels by using a combination of drugs?

After that she said it will be radiotherapy then Herceptin for a year. What frequency did you have to take Herceptin? (Weekly/once every three weeks seems to be the common amounts).

Hi Adam, sorry for only getting back to you now. How are you all doing? Just wanted to say that a friend was diagnosed a few weeks after me and she's doing fine too. Treatment these days is a lot better, particularly with targeted therapies.

Chemo was tough on me, but it really varies from person to person. Also my cancer was aggressive, which means it was treated aggressively. My friend's cancer wasn't aggressive and she was "fine" during treatment - she was able to work at 80% and suffered very few side effects. I think a huge step has been the development of better anti-emetics, i.e. the medication that stops sickness. That used to be a big problem as people would stop treatment because of being so sick. I had 8 cycles of chemo, using two types of drugs. The first lot made me feel very sick, but I wasn't actually sick, and it got slightly better when they increased the anti-sickness medication. The second lot caused unbearable pain if I'm honest, but that improved quite quickly and I had almost no pain in the last cycle. So it was not pleasant but in the grand scheme of things it was worth it. Hopefully your Mum will be like my friend and suffer virtually no side effects.

Your Mum will probably be told not to eat her favourite food if the chemo is likely to cause nausea/sickness, because it will put her off it for a while if it makes her unwell. I'll be keeping my fingers firmly crossed and I hope she'll be ok. Things have improved quite a lot with better drugs, combination of drugs, targeted therapies and anti-sickness medication. It seems like it was caught early, and that's possibly the best news you can get.

I had to go in every three weeks for Herceptin. They keep you in for a while the first time you go, as it can cause a severe allergic reaction. I'm not sure if that's rare but I haven't come across anyone who had such problems on it. I think it tends to cause flu-like symptoms, but none of the women I met had any problems. For everyone it seemed to be easy on the body compared to chemo.

Hope everything's ok. I know it's a lot to take in so don't forget to offload if you need it. There's always great support in this thread :)

Take care

Offline Bioluminescence

• Hidden Gem
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1893 on: August 2, 2014, 09:37:32 pm »
Hey, ive not been here a while so forgive me, thanks for the message, its very touching.
Im sad to hear of your plight, but try to be positive if you can, its such a powerful tool, a positive mind, it can overcome ANYTHING, so keep at it mate, I can relate to the constant fatigue and exhaustion, one of the major symptoms i suffer.
I havent written in my blog for days so i'll have to get on that, nice one.

Had another MRI yesterday, appt run over by an hour before i went in, and they are so fucking noisey arent they?? the space issue in the tube thingy doesnt bother me at all but ive got very sensitive hearing and that noise is NOT good. Lol.

Anyway, due another one now for the parathyroid issue, Cant Wait! haha.

All the best everyone, and thanks again mate .

X

No worries - how are you doing? Got to say, love your attitude :)

Gawd those MRI scans are really not nice. Did they also ask you what music you want to listen to? I can't remember which station I opted for but it was pointless anyway because I couldn't hear a thing - that machine is so loud! I had several scans during chemo, when I'd lost all my hair, and every single time the nurse had to ask whether I had any hair pins :D It made me laugh because they felt so uncomfortable asking the question, and they kept apologising. Did you get your results back?

I'm actually not feeling too bad. It's been tough. I've been really exhausted, on the verge of tears because of it, and the treatment for the Bell's palsy has caused an inflammation of both the stomach and the gullet. I am having the time of my life ;) It was funny in a sense because I think people struggle with Bell's palsy, which is fair enough as it's not nice, so the consultants were being sympathetic and kind. But I was just so happy and relieved that it wasn't a brain tumour, or Lyme's disease, or a stroke. I'm not quite sure they knew how to deal with my reaction.

Hope life's treating you well and you're enjoying a good weekend. Take care x

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #1894 on: August 3, 2014, 07:26:48 am »
No worries - how are you doing? Got to say, love your attitude :)

Gawd those MRI scans are really not nice. Did they also ask you what music you want to listen to? I can't remember which station I opted for but it was pointless anyway because I couldn't hear a thing - that machine is so loud! I had several scans during chemo, when I'd lost all my hair, and every single time the nurse had to ask whether I had any hair pins :D It made me laugh because they felt so uncomfortable asking the question, and they kept apologising. Did you get your results back?

I'm actually not feeling too bad. It's been tough. I've been really exhausted, on the verge of tears because of it, and the treatment for the Bell's palsy has caused an inflammation of both the stomach and the gullet. I am having the time of my life ;) It was funny in a sense because I think people struggle with Bell's palsy, which is fair enough as it's not nice, so the consultants were being sympathetic and kind. But I was just so happy and relieved that it wasn't a brain tumour, or Lyme's disease, or a stroke. I'm not quite sure they knew how to deal with my reaction.

Hope life's treating you well and you're enjoying a good weekend. Take care x

Stick it them Bio - fanstatic to hear your story. Your attitude is top notch too. . .

An old mate of mine who I met darn sarf about 6 or 7 years back when  we were both working in Harlow suffered with Bell's Palsy for quite a long while and it sometimes annoyed him when it got in the way of him saying certain words. It could be hilariously entertaining at times as well - honest. Ted had a really wicked and caustic sense of humour.

Anyway, one day I got an email from him telling me he wouldn't be around for a week or three as he was going into hospital for some surgery.

Seems that his local quack had a med school friend who became a plastic surgeon and who was doing some revolutionary work with Palsy sufferers. The GP suggested that Ted might want to consider this plastic surgery to ameliorate his droopy gob (his words),
Ted duly went to talk to plastic fella and the outcome was that while nothing could be done to resolve the palsy itself of course, he could give Ted a bit of a face-lift and align both sides of his mouth and pin the saggy side up in the hairline just above his ear.

6 weeks later, Ted phoned me and announced he would be back in circulation down Harlow way (where we both worked back then ) the following Monday and he would meet me for dinner at the hotel where we both stayed when we were working there. I said great news and all of those things and then I played my ace card. Remember I told you he had a wicked and caustic sense of humour? Well now it was my turn!!

"But Ted, there's a bit of a problem." He asked what that might be and I said "Well how the fuck will I recognise yer?" Couldn't hear much else after that except him pissing himself at the other end.

There was an adjunct to this story which he had not yet mentioned to me. During that minor re-alignment surgery, they had found a tumour which they believed could have been responsible for the facial muscles to cease to function correctly and that Ted was now on a course of radiotherapy with a chemo option should it be required. He also told me he was retiring and going off to enjoy himself (his wife had died some 3 years earlier from cancer) whilst there was the energy and the will.

Some 3 years later, driving his retirement present to himself - a reproduction Jaguar 2 seater sports car with an engine the size of a Spitfire - he came over to see the First World War battlefields where his great uncle had fought and died in Flanders and by then I was working in Belgium so we met up for a reunion. We had a terrific couple of days doing Waterloo battlefield tour followed by sinking some excellent refreshments before he drove back home to mid-South Wales near to Hereford / Ross-on-Wye.

The follow-up is that he did have to have chemo but the last news he gave me - some 6 months back was that his oncologist was very happy with his progress. I am due to make contact with him and get an update anytime NOW. Lovely fella Ted Jeffrey is and my fingers are firmly crossed for when I make that call.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2014, 10:58:55 am by JohnnoWhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1895 on: August 8, 2014, 05:33:48 pm »
Hey all,
Here's hoping all is as well as it can be.

Another MRI sorted for October now, at 6.50pm?? Random that but hey ho...

Last weekend, on route to Passport interview I had to pull up and throw up in the road, which was nice lol. Felt so much better after though, all kicked off that morning with a migraine.
Had to take 2 days off this week, Monday was so sore and tired I just could not face work, even got as far as town centre on train but just couldnt face it, was so sore and lethargic, so went home to bed.
Went in for a 10.5 hr shift Tuesday, took a few Tramadols to get through it and this must have had an effect because the next day I awoke with possibly the worst pain in my head I have ever known. Like somebody stabbing me in the ear with some sort of implement, it was unbearable, mrs had to ring in for me, so ive lost 2 full days pay, my sick entitlement is non existent, already been used this year after the operation.
So ive applied for a Blue Disabled Badge because I phyiscally cannot walk more than 100 yards without suffering pain and discomfort later or the next day, and i have applied for PIP also, I dont hold out too much hope for either, this is the Government we are dealing with, but I need the help yer know.

On a more positive note I am getting married in 2 weeks and yesterday we booked our honeymoon, all inclusive 5 star in greece, cannot wait for that will be a well deserved break for both of us.

Bioluminescence

Hope yer getting by ok mate, those MRI's are noisey and they never offer me music, the wankers ;)

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1896 on: August 8, 2014, 11:10:19 pm »
Hey all,
Here's hoping all is as well as it can be.

Another MRI sorted for October now, at 6.50pm?? Random that but hey ho...

Last weekend, on route to Passport interview I had to pull up and throw up in the road, which was nice lol. Felt so much better after though, all kicked off that morning with a migraine.
Had to take 2 days off this week, Monday was so sore and tired I just could not face work, even got as far as town centre on train but just couldnt face it, was so sore and lethargic, so went home to bed.
Went in for a 10.5 hr shift Tuesday, took a few Tramadols to get through it and this must have had an effect because the next day I awoke with possibly the worst pain in my head I have ever known. Like somebody stabbing me in the ear with some sort of implement, it was unbearable, mrs had to ring in for me, so ive lost 2 full days pay, my sick entitlement is non existent, already been used this year after the operation.
So ive applied for a Blue Disabled Badge because I phyiscally cannot walk more than 100 yards without suffering pain and discomfort later or the next day, and i have applied for PIP also, I dont hold out too much hope for either, this is the Government we are dealing with, but I need the help yer know.

On a more positive note I am getting married in 2 weeks and yesterday we booked our honeymoon, all inclusive 5 star in greece, cannot wait for that will be a well deserved break for both of us.

Bioluminescence

Hope yer getting by ok mate, those MRI's are noisey and they never offer me music, the wankers ;)
Congratulations and enjoy your Honeymoon.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1897 on: August 11, 2014, 03:41:39 pm »
Well over a year now has passed since my little girl was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma cancer
When we got that news it didn't turn my life upside down, it blew it to smithereens
She went through treatments, none of which worked. Chemo didn't shrink her tumor which was wrapped around hear heart, aorta and other organs
Anyway, with no other choice left, she was taken for life threatening surgery in October, where we were told it was a 50/50 chance of survival, and way less that for the operation to be considered a success. i.e. the tumor removed fully
She was 13 months when diagnosed
Now, she's in remission
Tumor was successfully removed after a 13 hour operation in Southampton by a genius of a man, and a complete and utter gentleman at that
Yeah she lost a kidney and her adrenal glands and will be on medication forever - but I'll take that any day compared to the alternative
Tomorrow we go back in for more scans
The missus is bricking it as she feels our little girl doesn't seem right
But I'm sure that she will remain in the clear
Out to fuck cancer, you're not coming into my little girls life again
Anyone out there going though this hateful condition of Cancer, stay strong, fight it. Release the child in you if you like. What I mean by that is, they know no other way but to carry on as normal. If you can do that, do it. Fight it with your mind as well as your body
I found it surprisingly ok to deal with at the time, probably because my daughter didnt know any better and I had to stay strong. Bur the severity of it hits you when life goes back to "normal" (whatever that is)

Some things about me that changed after this past year:

1) I've always been a patient person, but I can't bite my tongue anymore when it comes to idiots, small minded or ignorant people. Saturday night a little jumped up scumbag got lippy with my sister in law at a taxi queue for no reason whatsoever. He was standing at the car door then mouthing off, normally I'd ignore this, but I just went over and shoved him into the car and told him to shut his f**king mouth. His face was priceless though  ;)
2) I don't take my football that seriously anymore.
3) I hate things like Facebook. I'm probably alone here but I cant stand the "look at my perfect life" and the "I cant go anywhere without telling facebook" attitude of some, not all, people on it. They are enough to put me off

I've been reading a little on these pages
Some of the attitude that people have is heart warming to say the least
Shelovesyou good luck with your wedding by the way :-)

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1898 on: August 13, 2014, 09:24:52 pm »
nice one 92a,
and slap head, a heart warming story there mate, and i wish you all the best, point no2 im with you on completely, im guilty of the facebook thing though sorry ;)

Nice one.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1899 on: August 14, 2014, 10:40:32 am »
All the best to anyone dealing with this amongst friends and family.

Not to trivialise anyone's pain and suffering but it was heartbreaking to find today that our 10 year old angel of a labrador retriever has leukaemia.  Chemo started immediately - fingers crossed.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1900 on: August 14, 2014, 10:47:50 am »
All the best to anyone dealing with this amongst friends and family.

Not to trivialise anyone's pain and suffering but it was heartbreaking to find today that our 10 year old angel of a labrador retriever has leukaemia.  Chemo started immediately - fingers crossed.

My 11 year old Golden Retriever died from leukaemia back in the 90s and chemo wasn't even suggested. Best of luck.

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1901 on: August 14, 2014, 10:49:19 am »
My 11 year old Golden Retriever died from leukaemia back in the 90s and chemo wasn't even suggested. Best of luck.
Cheers mate, appreciate it.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1902 on: August 19, 2014, 01:33:10 am »
Just had my Mum on the phone crying her eyes out. My Nan has cancer of the throat and chest. She's 85 years old and totally refusing any treatment. I'm fucking gutted and I live miles away from where they are.

I just want to throw my arms around my Mum and Nan. Protect them. Do something. Instead I can't. My Nan has lost her husband and 3 children to this c*nt of a disease and now she has it. HOw is that fair? It's fucking not. I hate it. Absolutely fucking hate it.

The Kop in the sky just gained another fan.

RIP Nan - you gave a bloody good fight.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #1903 on: August 19, 2014, 09:26:21 am »
May your Nan rest in peace, phonic.

God bless!

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: August 19, 2014, 10:23:44 pm »
Sorry for your loss phonic.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #1905 on: August 21, 2014, 05:08:17 pm »

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: August 22, 2014, 07:57:33 am »
The Kop in the sky just gained another fan.

RIP Nan - you gave a bloody good fight.

May God grant her eternal peace mate - sorry for your loss.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1907 on: August 27, 2014, 06:24:52 am »
Thanks for the kind words, still can't get my head around it. She wasn't supposed to see last Christmas so she gave it a hell of a fight. Just telling myself she's no longer suffering but I hate the fact she ever was suffering if that makes sense.

Thanks again.

Offline Henderson Our Hero

• Founding Member of the Claire Rourke Fan Club - Swedish Branch (vi håller ögonen på dig....)
  • Kopite
  • This is Jordan
« Reply #1908 on: September 1, 2014, 05:43:33 pm »
I just got to know I got testicular cancer.

#fml

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: September 2, 2014, 01:00:50 pm »
Bloody Hell!! I hope it's in the early stages so you can be cured.

Best of luck! YNWA!

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1910 on: September 2, 2014, 01:15:17 pm »
May your nan rest in peace phonic.

Pyro, my thoughts are with you mate, it is never easy to hear such news.

Henderson our hero, mate that is awful, keep me informed and as Bennekov has stated we hope it is in the early stages so you can be cured mate!

Stay strong guys and gals!
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Henderson Our Hero

• Founding Member of the Claire Rourke Fan Club - Swedish Branch (vi håller ögonen på dig....)
  • Kopite
  • This is Jordan
« Reply #1911 on: September 2, 2014, 01:38:11 pm »
Surgery needed - got time tomorrow (2 days waiting time is good).
They will examine it and then come with a judgement - I hope it will be ok, obviosly,  and I am not that fuzzed about that it might be impossible to get more kids since we didnt plan to have more then one anyway, but you never know... 28y of age and with a fake ball in the sack, I just hope it wont be growing anywhere else.

Thanks for the support!

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #1912 on: September 2, 2014, 01:38:42 pm »
A good friend of mine,another X Pat, died yesterday after a short battle against pancreatic cancer. RIP Reg.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1913 on: September 21, 2014, 02:51:03 pm »
Lost my aunt (mum's sister) to cancer Friday morning. She's been battling it for 14 years of which the 13½ years have been pretty good. But now her organs couldn't fight anymore. She didn't let go until her 2 daughters told they were fine and they could manage even if she wasn't here anymore. She was om morphine very 3 hours to numb the pain and after they had the talk about being able to take care og themselves it only took 45 mins and then she was gone.

RIP Kirsten and say hello to Uncle up there.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: September 22, 2014, 11:12:58 am »
Lost my aunt (mum's sister) to cancer Friday morning. She's been battling it for 14 years of which the 13½ years have been pretty good. But now her organs couldn't fight anymore. She didn't let go until her 2 daughters told they were fine and they could manage even if she wasn't here anymore. She was om morphine very 3 hours to numb the pain and after they had the talk about being able to take care og themselves it only took 45 mins and then she was gone.

May she rest in peace Bennekov mate - she's certainly out of pain now lad.

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1915 on: September 22, 2014, 11:15:53 am »

Thoughts are with you and your family mate.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1916 on: September 22, 2014, 11:20:49 am »
Surgery needed - got time tomorrow (2 days waiting time is good).
They will examine it and then come with a judgement - I hope it will be ok, obviosly,  and I am not that fuzzed about that it might be impossible to get more kids since we didnt plan to have more then one anyway, but you never know... 28y of age and with a fake ball in the sack, I just hope it wont be growing anywhere else.

Thanks for the support!

Only just read this - hope you are on the mend mate.

Sorry for your loss Bennekov.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1917 on: September 22, 2014, 02:35:42 pm »
Thanks Johnno, Raul and Nick. Funeral is on Thursday. Can't say I'm looking forward to it although I think it's important (for me) to go in order to have closure and to meet with the family afterwards for a cup of coffee, beer or whatever and talk about the past. It helps me get on with life eventhough it's a sad day.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: September 22, 2014, 04:10:41 pm »
Thanks Johnno, Raul and Nick. Funeral is on Thursday. Can't say I'm looking forward to it although I think it's important (for me) to go in order to have closure and to meet with the family afterwards for a cup of coffee, beer or whatever and talk about the past. It helps me get on with life eventhough it's a sad day.

You will all be there to celebrate her life and to pay your last respects to what she no longer needs anymore mate. Hope it goes well for all who come together on Thursday to mark her farewell.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: September 22, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »
You will all be there to celebrate her life and to pay your last respects to what she no longer needs anymore mate. Hope it goes well for all who come together on Thursday to mark her farewell.

Thanks for your kind words, Johnno. I'm sure it'll be a good day after all. :)