Author Topic: Liverpool 2 - 0 Tottenham  (Read 63099 times)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool vs Tottenham February 12th, 5:30 pm
« Reply #80 on: February 5, 2017, 10:48:33 pm »

As for Woodburn the lad has shown more in midfield than Can, Hendo and Gini and he is fearless.

I mean this just isn't true and I'm not sure how a couple games for the u23s and against Wolves shows this.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 5, 2017, 10:50:16 pm »
Can't be throwing in kids, thats throwing them to the wolves. They should come into the team when its playing well and there isn't as much pressure.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #82 on: February 5, 2017, 10:52:41 pm »
Stewart is the only real DM player we've barring Lucas and I would rather Stewart than Lucas now.

As for Woodburn the lad has shown more in midfield than Can, Hendo and Gini and he is fearless.

We need to mix it up now. We have become predictable and senior players not stepping up.

I think Woodburn is one for the future but I'm not sure he is currently better than Henderson or Gini.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 5, 2017, 10:53:54 pm »
Karius

TAA
Lovren
Matip
Clyne

Hendo
Gini
Lallana

Mane
Origi
Coutinho

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #84 on: February 5, 2017, 10:55:31 pm »
Karius

TAA
Lovren
Matip
Clyne

Hendo
Gini
Lallana

Mane
Origi
Coutinho

Has Clyne ever played left back or are we trying square pegs in round holes again?

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 5, 2017, 10:56:07 pm »
Stewart is the only real DM player we've barring Lucas and I would rather Stewart than Lucas now.

We need to mix it up now. We have become predictable and senior players not stepping up.
Sure, so in a game against one of the best teams in the league, let's chuck one 17 year old into a role he hasn't played before and another inexperienced player (one who has shown nothing to suggest he's better than the other options we have) into an area where Tottenham have bodies and where his only midfield support will be three "attackers".

We'd get destroyed.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 5, 2017, 10:58:22 pm »
Stewart is below average, and mixing it up for the sake of mixing it up and expecting that will get better results against a strong side is lunacy.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 5, 2017, 11:00:48 pm »
I think Woodburn is one for the future but I'm not sure he is currently better than Henderson or Gini.

It's not about being better mate.

Hendo isn't producing in the DM position and is failing to cover the defence or break up play. Great when things are going good but nowhere to be seen when things are going bad.

Gini is decent but seems at his best when we're controlling a game but against Spurs we need fearless players.

I would start Woodburn and Stewart in this match.

Sturridge is our best finisher and we need goals right not and has to start.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 5, 2017, 11:02:35 pm »
Stewart is not better than anything we have in midfield, and he was pisss poor  in the matches he played in recently.

Sturridge doesn't fill me with confidence, he's missed chances recently, he's hardly setting the wrold on fire when he's playing.

But Stewart definetly is not good enough, especially in this match against the lieks of Wynama,Dembele, hell even sissoko. That's lunacy.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 5, 2017, 11:04:29 pm »
Hendo isn't producing in the DM position and is failing to cover the defence or break up play.

He was the best player on the pitch vs Chelsea.

He was very good in the game vs Spurs earlier in the season.

He's had a very good season in general.

Of course he starts, he's a key player.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 5, 2017, 11:05:51 pm »
Has Clyne ever played left back or are we trying square pegs in round holes again?

he did to accommodate Flanagan a couple of times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 5, 2017, 11:06:32 pm »
He was the best player on the pitch vs Chelsea.

He was very good in the game vs Spurs earlier in the season.

He's had a very good season in general.

Of course he starts, he's a key player.

Exactly, he's been the best player in this horrid run,

Being fearless doesn't cover up the lack of quality, Stewart could Muhamed I'm Hard Bruce Lee, but he isn't good enough, there's nothing he's shown at the age of 23 to be good enough and play, especially in this match against this lot. Henderson will play, you can put your mortgage on that and rightfully so. He's not the problem.

Offline daj79

• Main Stander
« Reply #92 on: February 5, 2017, 11:11:44 pm »
Our young players are so easily dismissed for premier league games. Can you really get any worse than Emre Can? Even Coutinho has looked dreadful recently and a fearless youngster coming in could give us the spark of excitement we need.

Tom Davies and Ademola Lookman have started for Everton in recent weeks and have looked better than the 'senior' players in their position.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #93 on: February 5, 2017, 11:16:39 pm »
This team needs more scouse.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 5, 2017, 11:27:09 pm »
Our young players are so easily dismissed for premier league games. Can you really get any worse than Emre Can? Even Coutinho has looked dreadful recently and a fearless youngster coming in could give us the spark of excitement we need.

Tom Davies and Ademola Lookman have started for Everton in recent weeks and have looked better than the 'senior' players in their position.

They're easily dismissed because they've been unimpressive in the games they've played, Stewart isn't a youngster in footballing terms, he's 23 years of age. We don't have the luxury to throw them in this match, we aren't Everton.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #95 on: February 5, 2017, 11:32:03 pm »

Woodburn was brilliant in the under 23 game against Tottenham today.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 5, 2017, 11:43:33 pm »
Woodburn was brilliant in the under 23 game against Tottenham today.

Spot on mate.
Don't know we we're so scared to throw in young players in big matches.

Woodburn is better than all our midfielders right now.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #97 on: February 5, 2017, 11:45:25 pm »
Our usual 11 don't seem to have the same problems against the top 6, so it might not be a game for the kids.

I absolutely want to see more of Woodburn, Stewart, Grujic. Maybe for the next 'team we should be beating'.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 5, 2017, 11:47:29 pm »
They're easily dismissed because they've been unimpressive in the games they've played, Stewart isn't a youngster in footballing terms, he's 23 years of age. We don't have the luxury to throw them in this match, we aren't Everton.

Why don't we mate?

Sure Everton were on a poor run when they put the kids in.

Look, what we going to turn to Lucas &  Can again?

The senior players barring Mane, Lallana  and Clyne have let Klopp down. Would rather try some kids now in these games.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #99 on: February 5, 2017, 11:49:07 pm »
I'd start Sturridge. Coming off the bench is no good for a player looking for form when it's almost a salvage mission every time.

Give Milner a rest too. Maybe Bobby

Lallana in midfield plz

And can they all have a spa day 1 day this week perhaps instead Of training ?

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #100 on: February 5, 2017, 11:50:45 pm »
Our usual 11 don't seem to have the same problems against the top 6, so it might not be a game for the kids.

I absolutely want to see more of Woodburn, Stewart, Grujic. Maybe for the next 'team we should be beating'.

Woodburn for sure. Not Stewart for me tho

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 5, 2017, 11:52:29 pm »
Spot on mate.

Don't think this is the right game for it but agree in general, if you're not going to buy players then logically you play your young u23 players, one of Ojo or Wilson should have got a couple more chances than they did with Mane away, we shoehorned players in the wrong position when we could have played a young player in their right position, apart from Lallana moving there playing Woodburn on the right was annoying to see when you could have easily played Wilson or Ojo there and have both on the pitch st the same time.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: February 5, 2017, 11:53:48 pm »
Why don't we mate?

The senior players barring Mane, Lallana  and Clyne have let Klopp down. Would rather try some kids now in these games.

Tom Davies was excellent against City, put Toure and co to shame.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 5, 2017, 11:59:56 pm »
Tom Davies was excellent against City, put Toure and co to shame.
Tom Davies also played in a role he's used to playing. He hasn't spent most of his time as a wide forward and then been asked to play as a shuttler in a midfield diamond, protecting an inexperienced DM, alongside two other attacking midfielders. Which is basically what Fordy was suggesting.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 6, 2017, 12:37:56 am »
Remember we have won 7 drawn 5 and lost 0 against top 11 opposition.   Confident the players and crowd will put a shift in for this one.
We are Loyal Supporters

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 6, 2017, 12:43:02 am »
Why don't we mate?

Charlie Adam, mate I can't take your suggestion seriously. Woodburn sure, Steward and the rest of the lot, no chance.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #106 on: February 6, 2017, 12:50:31 am »
Spot on mate.

It does make sense as he is full of confidence at the moment which a lot of our first team are not. He could even spark a reaction from the team as a whole.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 6, 2017, 01:08:10 am »
It does make sense as he is full of confidence at the moment which a lot of our first team are not. He could even spark a reaction from the team as a whole.

Woodburn, has the talent, Stewart does not. the bloke is 23 and is still playing for our u-23's. He has no future here, I'd take back spearing over him.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 6, 2017, 01:14:59 am »
If there ever was a game that has draw written all over it then it is this one.

Game will go how it always goes, both sides press the life out of each other and nothing really happens.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #109 on: February 6, 2017, 02:18:10 am »
I can see us doing no better than a draw in this one, which would more than likely see us slip to 6th behind United,

queue meltdown.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #110 on: February 6, 2017, 02:25:58 am »
I think we need to change something up. Not 5 changes, but we are very predictable. Spurs have fast and energetic full backs and I wouldn't be averse to playing Moreno to give us some energy and speed on the left. Milner has looked really tired the last few games. Origi hasn't reached the heights he did towards the back end of last season before his injury but I'd play him and try and get him to use his strength in the right way.

Lallana's form has dipped alarmingly and he's offering very little. I'd bring Wijnaldum in for him. Klopp won't do it as he seems rigid with certain players but I'd play Coutinho in the position Lallana plays in in the midfield and have Origi playing from the left, Firmino central and Mane on the right. We'd have genuine speed on the wings with Mane and Origi and Moreno and Clyne/TAA. We seem hellbent on crossing the ball lately but if those players can get to the byline then Wijnaldum's runs from deep could get us a goal.

Who am I fooling? We'll line up the same way as recently. But I think we could really do with a change in personnel.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #111 on: February 6, 2017, 04:30:33 am »
I bloody hope moreno starts. We can blame his defending all we like but he never shies away. He helps us in attack. Lets start him .

I personally think klopp will go with same team maybe wijnaldum for Emre

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #112 on: February 6, 2017, 06:14:36 am »
Don't really care who starts in defence, except for the goalkeeper (which has to be Karius). Start the usual midfield and forward line with Hendo-Adam-Gini and Coutinho-Firmino-Mané. Get them playing together again, it's the only thing that's worked for us this season, maybe this way they will find some form together.

At least Tottenham are not bus parkers, so we might have a better chance this time
The change is cast

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #113 on: February 6, 2017, 06:25:15 am »
Please no Emre Can for this one.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 6, 2017, 06:31:10 am »
I am also hoping Moreno gets his chance against spurs. If we keep our wings pacy (Moreno, Clyne, Coutinho {somewhat fast} and Mane) and the middle solid, I really do think we can turn our mini slump into a run of victories. I also want to see Sturridge upfront with Mane, coutinho and lallana supporting him.

Mig
          Clyne     Lovern   Matip   Moreno
                         Milner    Hendo
                Mane       Lallana       Coutinho
                              Sturridge

1)Sturridge is still our best predator. And I reckon, when he has those 3 players behind him....creating chances, making space.... Sturridge will score goals
2)Firmino is an awesome player. I am glad we have him. The thing is .....he has run himself to the ground. He needs rest.
3)I am not convinced by Can and Gini. Maybe we can try a milner and hendo combo. They only need  to keep it tight in the middle of the pitch and let the front 4 (with the fullbacks) do all the attacking.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 06:51:37 am by Bolrick »
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 6, 2017, 06:43:28 am »
I think we need to move away from our usual 433 and try something different. We need to at least make teams think about what we may/may not do and not be so predictable.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #116 on: February 6, 2017, 07:20:12 am »
I think we'll get a draw or a win. We raise our game for the big matches
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 6, 2017, 07:36:19 am »
Spot on mate.

Woodburn is better than all our midfielders right now

Based on what?  A couple of games in midfield for the u23's

I haven't got any problem with trying some of the young players, but this isn't the game to throw Woodburn into midfield.

Offline IvanDobskey

• Anny Roader
  • Mr Hoppeeeeee.....
« Reply #118 on: February 6, 2017, 08:31:17 am »
This is the sort of game we do well in. Expect a one all draw to be honest.

It's the shit teams that stick ten men behind the ball and wait for us to fuck up that we lose to.
I only said I done it so they'd take the rat out of me anus!

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 6, 2017, 08:37:22 am »
Based on what?  A couple of games in midfield for the u23's

I haven't got any problem with trying some of the young players, but this isn't the game to throw Woodburn into midfield.

Based on Henderson not being a DM and not doing a good job there.

Based on Can not producing

Based on Gini not finding his Newcastle form.

No PL win in 2017 I think it's not a time to be scared of change.

City bench their best forward, Everton make changes..Liverpool are predictable and need to make big changes and big decisions.