Author Topic: Liverpool v Chelsea Pre-match Thread. Tue 31 Jan. 8pm.  (Read 37362 times)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Re: Liverpool v Chelsea Pre-match Thread. Tue 31 Jan. 8pm.
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2017, 10:44:02 pm »

I think the complete opposition of this team...

Eh?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2017, 10:52:11 pm »
Like many I don't understand what's going on.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if the score is 3-0 to us with say 40 mins gone.

A part of me thinks like many on here that a number of our players are not good enough, need replacing or bigger squad etc but then you look at how we used to carve teams up early on (Chelsea included, at their place) and you wonder just what's going on, these are the same players. I dunno...  hoping for the best.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2017, 10:55:35 pm »
I'm back here to make people see the light.

It's been 10 long miserable years for us all.

Let's stop accepting mediocrity.

This club deserves to rise back to the very top and competing at every level.

We have the Owners, we have the manager, we have the players (almost), we have the stadium, we don't have the fans...where is the support? where is the backing? where is the belief? where is the atmosphere?

We as fans need to lift the players because the quality is there, the passion is desire...just lacking in support.. It's no good just selling out the stadium every game (which we do, credit where it's due) and not being vocal, this is a football stadium not a library.

I'm the ray of sunlight that shines on you all and I will strive to be the catalyst that does all of the above.
The last couple of lines are extra hilarious.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2017, 11:02:12 pm »
Looking to see mostly our best side back in play:
Karius, RB, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Hendo, CM, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge
I am trying to live up to my reputation of players basher: you want Karius in goal after being caught napping in the first minute against Wolves? I would rather have Clemence or Dudek at their current condition than him. He might come good sometime, but he was very poor last time.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2017, 11:05:48 pm »
I am trying to live up to my reputation of players basher: you want Karius in goal after being caught napping in the first minute against Wolves? I would rather have Clemence or Dudek at their current condition than him. He might come good sometime, but he was very poor last time.
Think you're being a bit harsh on the lad there. He's actually been a positive in recent weeks imo
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2017, 11:07:14 pm »
Very difficult to see us getting anything from this.

Chelsea have a very rigid, tight defence and we wouldn't break through a cardboard box.

Mignolet Clyne Matip Lovren Milner Henderson Lallana Coutinho Firmino Origi Sturridge

going for a narrow 0-1 loss.

:lmao

Carrying on being a bellend from last nights posting of epic twattery I see.

Honest fan my Arse.

We are perfectly capable of beating Chelsea, and I expect a performance to do so. If we should lose, I won't be a crying miserable I told you so fucker like too many like you on here

All this because he predicted a 1-0 loss to a very very good Chelsea side, with a very good defence when we're in appalling form.

Am I going fucking mad? What's he said or done that's so funny or mental?

He's got a fucking point, it's hardly a nailed on home win.

I think we'll get something from the game but it's not lunacy to think we may not win. Does it make someone a shit fan to not have blind faith we'll win every game 10-0?

Just fucking odd this forum sometimes.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2017, 11:10:50 pm »
All this because he predicted a 1-0 loss to a very very good Chelsea side, with a very good defence when we're in appalling form.

I think we'll get something from the game but it's not lunacy to think we may not win. Does it make someone a shit fan to not have blind faith we'll win every game 10-0?

Is it a joke isn't it? Everyone expects us to win going in every game and every time they are usually disappointed, they deliberately ignore the obvious like recent form of the 2 sides which is essential, the gulf of quality between the 2 squads is night and day.

It may come across slightly over the top, but the point still stands.

On paper it has a narrow 1-0 loss written all over it but the players will be up for this and give it a real good go, after all the rot has to end somewhere and even if we see a glimmer from the performance then we can build on that going into the weekend.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:13:10 pm by Binomial »
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2017, 11:12:13 pm »
Is it a joke isn't it?

Yeah it is, usually trolls get binned off a lot quicker on here.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Kop307

• Kopite
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2017, 11:13:37 pm »
Is it a joke isn't it? Everyone expects us to win going in every game and every time they are usually disappointed, they deliberately ignore the obvious like recent form of the 2 sides which is essential, the gulf of quality between the 2 squads is night and day.

It may come across slightly over the top, but the point still stands.

I woulnd't say night and day. Best 11 vs 11 I think we're better than them as a "team" but they're in fantastic form.

Should be a really interesting tactical battle with their formation. I think Chelsea will come for a point, perhaps try to nick a win but they won't commit too much forward, they'll very much play like they did away at Man City. We'll need to be at our very best to get anything from the game but I think we will. After the Wolves game I was angry & pissed off, at that point I was convinced the world was about to end and Chelsea would smash us 4-0 but logically we always turn up against the big sides. We're more likely  to beat Chelsea than Hull knowing us  :lmao . Our record against the top sides is brilliant and Anfield will be rockin, always is for Chelsea.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:18:23 pm by Kop307 »
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2017, 11:16:50 pm »
I woulnd't say night and day. Best 11 vs 11 I think we're better than them as a "team" but they're in fantastic form.

Should be a really interesting tactical battle with their formation. I think Chelsea will come for a point, perhaps try to nick a win but they won't commit too much forward, they'll very much play like they did away at Man City. We'll need to be at our very best to get anything from the game but I think we will.

There's maybe not much between the quality of individuals but as a collective unit, it's night and day to me...they attack in numbers and defend in numbers...right place at the right time, we on the other hand look like a pin ball machine defensively and being stuck on the m25 on a monday morning as far as our offensive play is concerned.

We desperately, desperately need a burst of life....but that burst of life won't be ready in time for Tuesday.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2017, 11:19:03 pm »
Yeah it is, usually trolls get binned off a lot quicker on here.

Why should I be binned off for being passionate about my views?

My posts are genuine and are of high intellect, stop nip picking.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:20:45 pm by Binomial »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2017, 11:26:01 pm »

You're on good form tonight no doubt about it.  :lmao
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2017, 11:34:29 pm »

Aye, shame the team can't replicate  :'(

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2017, 11:37:59 pm »

This is what he said a couple of months ago

''I don't think there are many CB's in the league better than Sakho tbf.''

Among some other gems.

High intellect and all that.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2017, 12:12:15 am »
Is it a joke isn't it?
;D
Funny, fucking brilliant.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2017, 12:15:53 am »

Sure about that?

I think the complete opposition of this team,

Off to bed now lad, it's a school night for you after all.  :wave

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2017, 12:32:21 am »
Seeing though this is a week of scrutinising the Mods, I've restored from the recycle bin some of his posts from the last 24 hours - all deleted by me no other Mod. This isn't picking on him, it's merely restoring what he has posted on the internet and how and why he's perceived as a wum. Now you think its us mean-minded-horrible-Mods that pick on posters but I can assure you that its not us, its you fucking lot  ;D  No fewer than 5 people reported and complained about posts by ar mate Abysmal. It's you that bring these people to our attention and in his case it was quite funny. He went to choir practice for 24 hours and swanned back thinking he was Olly Murrs :)

Offline Kop307

• Kopite
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2017, 12:38:02 am »
Seeing though this is a week of scrutinising the Mods, I've restored from the recycle bin some of his posts from the last 24 hours - all deleted by me no other Mod. This isn't picking on him, it's merely restoring what he has posted on the internet and how and why he's perceived as a wum. Now you think its us mean-minded-horrible-Mods that pick on posters but I can assure you that its not us, its you fucking lot  ;D  No fewer than 5 people reported and complained about posts by ar mate Abysmal. It's you that bring these people to our attention and in his case it was quite funny. He went to choir practice for 24 hours and swanned back thinking he was Olly Murrs :)

Fair enough. Only saying what I saw, which was a poster saying we'll get beat 1-0 by a decent Chelsea side (which isn't all that funny or outrageous, it's actually very possible) to be greeted with a load of absuse and mocking. I'm sure, as a normal human being you can see why I may see that as odd.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2017, 12:45:28 am »
Fair enough. Only saying what I saw, which was a poster saying we'll get beat 1-0 by a decent Chelsea side (which isn't all that funny or outrageous, it's actually very possible) to be greeted with a load of absuse and mocking. I'm sure, as a normal human being you can see why I may see that as odd.
We're in for a massacre tuesday night.

Imagine 4 home defeats in a row...it would topple some fans over the edge.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2017, 12:55:04 am »
This is what he said a couple of months ago

''I don't think there are many CB's in the league better than Sakho tbf.''

Among some other gems.

High intellect and all that.

Fan rates 1 of their own player shock.

Whats your point?

Van Dijk Matip Koscielny Cahill Alderwireld are only better.

& even though he's played the entire season in reserves he's still better than Lucas Gomez Klavan and Lovren.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2017, 01:01:40 am »
Fan rates 1 of their own player shock.

Whats your point?

Van Dijk Matip Koscielny Cahill Alderwireld are only better.

& even though he's played the entire season in reserves he's still better than Lucas Gomez Klavan and Lovren.

The point is you're talking out of your arse among other things. There are numerous other posts of your 'high intelect'

He's about Lovren's level, and whether or not he's better than Lucas Gomez and Klavan has fuck all to do with your post.

There are several players better than him in the league in the same position.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2017, 02:49:06 am »

Should be a really interesting tactical battle with their formation. I think Chelsea will come for a point, perhaps try to nick a win but they won't commit too much forward, they'll very much play like they did away at Man City. We'll need to be at our very best to get anything from the game but I think we will. After the Wolves game I was angry & pissed off, at that point I was convinced the world was about to end and Chelsea would smash us 4-0 but logically we always turn up against the big sides. We're more likely  to beat Chelsea than Hull knowing us  :lmao . Our record against the top sides is brilliant and Anfield will be rockin, always is for Chelsea.

Well there isn't much to substantiate your point I'm afraid. They have better players in virtually every position, and are topping the league  by 10 points - we might have beaten them on the odd match but the quality of a team is judged by its consistency and results over a longer period than 1 or 2 games. They've sustained a really good run for half the season, whereas we hard a short run of good games but then have had about 9 games where we've been abject and actually on par or worse than Championship level.

They are not undefeatable, as has been shown by us, Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham already this season, but to come up against the form team in the league, who are strong in all the areas that we are weak, and to get a result will be some achievement, irrespective of playing at home.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2017, 03:44:34 am »
Not sure really what to make of our chances. We keep shooting ourselves in the foot and until we stop doing that things won't drastically improve. The first goal conceded against Swansea was just outright embarrassing. The first Wolves goal conceded was terrible. I don't understand why we can't attack balls in to our box with any meaningful purpose. Of course we have the ability to win, no question. But it will take a lot. Basically, everything that has been going wrong will have to go right. Not an easy team to start doing that against.

But Klopp's record against the big teams here is really good. That gives me a lot of hope. Possession in the last 3 games has been 74, 73 and 79%. We need to be a lot sharper in attack and stop making mistakes at the back that have become synonymous with Liverpool.
YWNA

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2017, 05:44:10 am »
Chelsea were also well-known for these splendid chaps:

Well, not specifically these two, but ones like them. I remember the cameras would religiously pan to the Chelsea pensioners whenever Chelsea appeared on the Big Match on Sundays. The club's first nickname was 'the pensioners' and up until the 1950's the club crest featured a Chelsea pensioner. The lady in the middle is not a pensioner, that's Stephanie Powers of Hart to Hart fame. Not sure why she's in the picture to be honest. Glamour?

Think chap on the left is a veteran of fighting in Italy during WW2, the one on the right fought through France and Germany. Not sure what she's wearing - looks like a jellyfish.

Other lost faces from Chelsea's crowd are David Mellor and John Major. Not that I'm complaining. They can stay lost.

Will be amazed if Chelsea do much more than try and play on the break. Still think we've got it in us to turn these over and keep things even more interesting til the end of the season.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 05:47:13 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2017, 07:29:26 am »

Oh my god :lmao
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2017, 07:46:49 am »
Must win game
Football is a lie

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2017, 08:09:35 am »
currently chelsea are defending well and a can counter attack with pace. There is no doubt if they come here and decide to park the bus, I think we would struggle to break them down and I do think they would pick us off. If they score first it could be a long night for us.

At the same time we always seem capable of raising our game against the top sides, so it wouldn't surprise me if we won it, and this could be a result that could change the mood and feeling among the players for the rest of the season.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2017, 08:32:07 am »
Henderson, Clyne, Lallana doubtful for the game then? Happy days.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline RafasArms

• Kemlynite
  • Loves to stroke his kitten
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2017, 08:33:01 am »
but then you look at how we used to carve teams up early on (Chelsea included, at their place) and you wonder just what's going on, these are the same players. I dunno...  hoping for the best.

Teams that try to play football against us will get murdered...just ask the likes of the Arse (4-3), Rent Boys (2-1) and Palace (4-2) amongst the beatings we've dished out so far. However park the fucking double decker against us and teams are almost guaranteed a minimum of 1 point. Which is why i'm not super duper confident we'll win tomorrow night... Its clear we need more creativity/flair in the team, at present only Mane & Coutinho offer us that and perhaps its no surprise that when one/both of them are not playing we struggle.
He's here, he's there, he's shagging Dani Behr!!
Newcastle fans chanting at Les Ferdinand

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2017, 08:34:50 am »
Henderson, Clyne, Lallana doubtful for the game then? Happy days.

Link?

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2017, 08:37:57 am »
I might have dreamt it. Someone told me this then I remembered that he's often full of shite so ignore me please.

Klopp presser today, lets see.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2017, 08:55:45 am »
If Mane starts, we can give them a hiding. Otherwise it will be a tactical battle and we will need to sneak out 1-0, similar to Man City.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2017, 08:59:18 am »
I might have dreamt it. Someone told me this then I remembered that he's often full of shite so ignore me please.

I think that's the case. Hendo was rested last game after all.  ???

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2017, 09:09:04 am »
I think we will set up similar to the City game. Henderson, the otherwise useless Can, Wijnaldum, and a front 3 of Lallana Coutinho Firmino. Sturridge will deffo not start, considering his zero workrate. It would be superb to have Mane on at the 60 minute mark. If it will be 0-0 then, we might have a chance.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2017, 09:20:19 am »
Unless there's good a physical reason not to, I'd like to see Mane in the starting line up. A lot of things in life are psychological and his inclusion could do wonderful things to the minds of his team mates and it'll throw a bit of uncertainty into the minds of Chelsea. Chelsea can't go on winning forever and if Mane is in the starting line up, my money is on us. Certainly I'd prefer that to see him coming on after 60 minutes with the possibility of chasing the game. A valiant attempt at clinching a draw wouldn't do it for me when I think that there's a genuine chance of winning.

Whatever the line up, I fancy our chances because we normally do well against other top sides, Klopp is going to get it right and it's under the lights, in front of what should be a decent atmosphere. Really looking forward to it.

Offline niallers

• Anny Roader
  • "dont worry marge,its only a quilt....MY COOKIE!"
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2017, 09:21:24 am »
All Chelsea need to do is park said bus. They're good enough to break when necessary and hurt us. All they need is a draw against all their rivals now and then concentrate on beating the fodder, Ferguson style, for the rest of the season. If we set up to be as open to the counter as last few weeks,we'll be mullered.
in america 1st you get the sugar then you get the power then you get the women

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2017, 09:40:52 am »

Lallana was only out of the match on Saturday as he needed stitches, he should be fine. Clyde was out because of a rib injury but it's been a while so he might be fine as well.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2017, 10:05:04 am »
Looking forward to this. If we win then we're nicely set up going forward. We need to try get some positivity back, wasn't long ago we were destroying teams so we're more than capable.

If you're at the game please make the most of it. I'd give an arm to be there personally. We need to get right behind the team when they need us most. Even if we don't score in the first 10, we need to keep going.

It's going to tough no doubt and I'm generally a negative c*nt but I just think we need to stop taking football so seriously and enjoy it for what it is. Just go and enjoy yourself don't get Fucking bogged down in expectations or negativity. Enjoy it.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2017, 10:08:26 am »
I reckon we could see Origi play on the left wing on Tuesday. Firmino centre and Coutinho on the right. Lallana back in midfield with Can and Henderson.

One way to can get at Chelsea is trying to isolate Azpilicueta in the air. That's what Spurs did in their recent win. We may want to try and match up Origi with Azpilicueta on occasions. If they also go deep and narrow against us (like most other teams have done), we'll have some space out wide to get crosses in. Clyne or TAA need to be on their A-game going forward. I'd also get Coutinho to play on the RHS for the quality of his delivery. Maybe get him to play slightly wider than usual.

The other area we need to excel in is nullifying Costa. As a goal scoring threat but probably more importantly as a target man. When teams defend deep against us they generally have to go long to their front man. That gives them territory and someone to play off. At our best this season we've been great at nullifying the target man. It stops the opposition team from starting attacks and also keeps the pressure on the other team in terms of defending. If you look at the last few games, teams have found it to easy to get out through a long ball. Llorente won lots of duals for Swansea. Dicko on Saturday won lots of duals with Klavan/Gomez/Lucas. It gave Wolves a chance to both get a foothold in the game and allow them to counter attack effectively. Having Matip and Lovren playing to their best will be crucial.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2017, 10:11:19 am »
Need to suffocate Hazard out of the game. That should mean Costa is also kept silent. If we can replicate the City game with a little bit more cutting edge going forward, we have a good chance.
Love Ren & Stimpy