Author Topic: Full time: Liverpool 1 Wolves 2  (Read 80876 times)

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
Re: Full time: Liverpool 1 Wolves 2
« Reply #160 on: January 28, 2017, 02:33:51 pm »
3 home losses and practically blown 3 competitions in one week its unprecedented. The managers failure to adequately prepare for the whole season and refusal to bring players in is negligence.

Thats 1 trophy in 10 years. Its pathetic.  We have no right to play weakened teams. I dont really give a damn about the top 4 trophy either. If our squad is 'tired' now imagine how they would cope in that?

And Sakho is miles better than Klavan, Lucas and Lovren and yet hes frozen out as we continue to concede at an alarming rate.

No positives whatsoever

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2017, 02:33:53 pm »
Mane before he left us:

“I will be wishing them good luck, but without me the team will be the same, even better I think”

He says the nicest things.

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2017, 02:33:56 pm »
;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm not arsed at all! (well, I am, but I'm not if know what I mean)

2nd stringers simply not good enough, clear to see.

No more fixture congestion for us.

Pity we're out of the cup but hey ho what can you do.

Just have to pick ourselves up for the League and ensure that we finish in CL spots at least.

We'll need a lot of luck to finish in the top 4... i don't believe we have the quality to see the season out.

Online redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2017, 02:33:58 pm »
It was an ordinary performance. Bright spot was Woodburn, thought he did quite well and was really our only outlet going forward. His final ball could have been better but he's just a kid.

January has been a nightmare. Top of the league to 1 win in 9 or 10 games. Klopp and his management team will undoubtedly come under pressure from the media, but we have the right bloke in charge. We do lack some depth and probably needed a couple this window, but it's a difficult window.

Wolves deserved the win and although the officials could do with a trip to Specsavers, I've not got too many complaints. Listening to Ray Houghton was painful though. What is it about ex-players that just love bagging us?

The whoppers will be out in force but hey, that's the internet age. Yes it was a bad loss, but beat Chelsea during the week and it will be completely forgotten. We need a win badly to get some confidence back and playing the leaders might spur the lads on.
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:00 pm »
We are fucked. Well and truly. No trophy again this season.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:02 pm »
Today should have been about restoring confidence, scoring a few goals, beating a side we should be beating, giving the fans something to cheer about and restoring faith in the players and management ahead of a huge league game.

Instead we let ourselves down collectively and let an average side beat and knock us out of what was probably our last realistic chance of silverware this season.

Feels fucking awful to lose 3 games in a row and miss the chance to go to Wembley and beat the mancs for silverware.

Jurgen Klopp and has team need to get back to basics and I would love to be a fly on the wall/grass at Melwood Monday morning.

We need a response from the Redmen before this turns into a real crisis.

Hard to be positive right now but hopefully the Origi goal gives the lad some confidence and we see him back to his best.

This manager is taking us places, this is just a blip in the road.

Yeah, and the assist for Sturridge as well.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:04 pm »
We haven't signed anyone in the January window since the 2012/13 season (except the mighty centre forward Steven Caulker). I think people will be disappointed if they're expecting much activity this time around either.

It was oh so predictable and yet we've allowed our season to collapse by not giving the squad the reinforcements it so desperately needs.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:06 pm »
Okay so when the fuck is Mane back?

Possibly tomorrow if Cameroon beat Senegal, he might make the bench on Tuesday if so. I hope people don't expect him to make an immediate impact and then get all pissy at him if he doesn't.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:15 pm »
Not to sound like sour grapes, but our shite performance was compounded by some shite reffing too once again. Hust letting them get away with so many pulls and pushes.

Also another clear offside that was missed that very nearly cost us a third (thankfully Karius was alert). Even the first goal was probably marginally offside but it didn't go our way (not blaming the lino 100% there, we sbould never be in that situation.)

Positives? Karius is looking a lot more confident now. Woodburn having plenty of good moments. Ejaria was our best midfield from those that started.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:16 pm »
This is Hodgson levels of bad.  :P

Klopp obviously the right man in charge but you can't excuse the results.

We've deserved every defeat. I don't grudge our opponents.

Watching that today, I agree. Worst football since Hodgson.

We have been absolutely shocking. Teams sit deep and we get fucked in the ass 3 times in a week. Season is in tatters. Can't believe how we have transformed from an exciting attacking side to this utter,utter drivel in a few months.

I feel it is going to get worse before it gets better.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:19 pm »
Fucking shocking performance but - more worryingly - not a surprising one.

This January has gone from a loss of form, to a slump, to an all-out collapse in team spirit and confidence - all in the space of one month.

Be honest - After seeing us beat City on 31/12/16, who here could have even imagined this happening in their worst nightmares?

21-28/01/2017 - The week that killed our season.

Just have to hope that the team can recover enough to push on for top 4 now.

Fuck me - I feel so deflated right now.

I honestly thought that beating City almost guaranteed we'll be breathing down Chelsea's neck in April if we hadn't caught them by then. Instead, we're on the worst run I can remember since going on that 11 game winless streak under Houllier. Are these even the same players from the first half of the season? 1 win in January, yet we've played Sunderland, Swansea, twice against Plymouth, Wolves, twice against Southampton. It's fucking diabolical.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:21 pm »
He's only got one idea.

I have an idea. Go to your medicine cabinet or tool shed. Find a bottle of acid. Pour it all over your fingers.
That way, you won't be posting on the internet anymore.
Cheers.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:21 pm »
Couldn't give a fuck. We're not able to fight on multiple fronts with this squad.

We're going to move from having a game every 3 days to only 1 per week. It'll make a massive difference, whether some c*nts want to believe it or not.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #173 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:22 pm »
What a load of fucking nonsense

Bollocks.

The manager disagrees and rightly so.

Getting top four will put us in a position to more easily flog and upgrade some of those utterly shite players we saw today.

And thus do better in the cups with a mix and match side in future. It's all connected.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #174 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:26 pm »
3 home defeats on the trot in 3 different competitions in one week - anyone else remember anything like that?

Nah its bad.

But I've seen much worse under all three of our previous managers.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Pie Eyed

• More like Eagle Eyed! Looking to sub Lfsea.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:50 pm »
An dplease - In case anyone is even CONSIDERING calling anyone else a "bedwetter" or some other such shite, please consider this:

LFC in its entirety - from players to management - has collectively shit the bed over the past 8 days.
Jürgen Klopp (26 June 2020)
"We were good 4 years ago.  We were really good 3 years ago.  We were unbelievably good last year.  And this year it is absolutely exceptional.  Second to none that I know."

King Kenny to Jürgen (25 June 2020):
"I think your Da' must've been on our side during the war, because you seem like a scouser to me." :D

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:56 pm »
We look so open on counter. First thing to fix.

Don't think that's a big concern. I'm more worried about how little we create, despite having 70% of the ball.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Thoros Of Myr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #177 on: January 28, 2017, 02:35:02 pm »
Its grand.

Plenty of positives to take away from that performance.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2017, 02:35:03 pm »
I cannot believe you said that.
the Southampton one was right at the end of the game from a counter when we had to push all men forward so that one wasn't as bad as today

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2017, 02:35:04 pm »
we put that side out, as we have Chelsea coming up.
Although dissapointing, the league matters more.

At least we learned that Coutinho is good at corners

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 28, 2017, 02:35:12 pm »
For real?
Well, he's right in a sense, seeing as we're out of both cups. Our season is now the league, and we are not winning the title. So top 4 is the only way this season finishes well

And I want to be back in the Champions League, and I think with Klopp it'll be better than last time. Might get some good signings too.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2017, 02:35:23 pm »
Possibly tomorrow if Cameroon beat Senegal, he might make the bench on Tuesday if so. I hope people don't expect him to make an immediate impact and then get all pissy at him if he doesn't.

How long have you been on RAWK mate? Even by saying it, you know it's going to happen  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2017, 02:35:25 pm »
Horrible week.

Here's the plan ladies and gents....

We beat Chelsea on Tuesday, Arsenal beat Chelsea next Sat and we win at Hull. Suddenly the title is back on, Coutinho is back to 100% and Màne is on a plane back from Africa.

On recent form it looks unlikely but it's entirely possible!

PS Well done Wolves.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2017, 02:35:29 pm »
So lets clear this up. Our form and confidence is shot, Like gone completely. Our next game is a lower league team so a good chance to get a few goals and raise the confidence a bit you would think? NO we play a weakened team and bring a few kids in!!!

Brain dead management I'm afraid. Just can't get my head around it.

It wouldn't have mattered mate. We played a good side to Southhampton, and it was an almost identical game. We've been rumbled. Our tactics and formation need to change. We are far too easy to play against, regardless who is in the starting 11.

It's not like we even have to press anymore, teams just let us have it and sit on the edge of their box. Our press hasn't disappeared, we just don't need to use it as we always have the ball.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 02:45:55 pm by kasperoff »
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2017, 02:35:29 pm »
A year unbeaten at Anfield. All that effort gone in so that when teams came to Anfield they didn't necessarily believe that just sitting back would work, all that effort put in so, that when push came to shove, the players and crowd would believe we would break them down.

All that's gone in one week. The players don't look like they have a clue what to do when confronted with a bank of 6 and behind a line of 3.  Crucially though the opposition seem to have absolute belief that if they keep it tight, flood the width of the penalty area and don't allow any space, then they will get chances and they can/will win. Any team coming to Anfield would be a mug to play any other way.

It's going to take a lot of hard work to get back on track. A linesman knowing what offside is would help. I'm sure they are capable of it of it, we might not be as good as we looked in the autumn, but we're surely not as bad as we've seen in the last month?

I said last week that people are only three iffy results away from open revolt. We've had those three, wouldn't surprise me in the least to see people laying in the management and suggesting we rip everything up and start again.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2017, 02:35:32 pm »
The biggest positive in the last few weeks is that its shown the manager which players he can rely on... the biggest negative is I'm struggling to think of a name!

Origi isnt good enough for us at this moment in time. Needs loaned out.
Lucas, Klavan and Moreno... like deja vu talking about Lucas and Moreno... Klavan never going to be good enough for anything other than crisis cover!
Next season i'd probably expect Matip, Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and probably Clyne to still be in the first 11 but the rest can all easily be upgraded by the odd southampton player and a few Germans.

All in for fourth now and i think if we get our strongest 11 on the field every week we've a great chance!   

Offline Desert Red Fox

• Legacy Fan
  • Orange and Red!
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2017, 02:35:48 pm »
LOL at "who cares about the cups, if we beat Chelsea nobody will care about this!" when we have won one fucking trophy in 10 years and we botched two chances to win another one in less than one week.

You weren't saying "who cares about the cups" about a week ago, that's for sure.

As for the match itself - hey, when the players remember how to actually play the game during the last 5 minutes of the match, there's not much you can do. We looked devoid of ideas and devoid of quality - except for the Origi goal/Sturridge header-pass. That was good. Something, at least.

I'm so pissed off right now. Fuck off January.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2017, 02:35:53 pm »
The youngsters are a bit over hyped, aside from Harry Wilson and TAA. Neither of whom played today.

Thought Woodburn had a good game. Some of his passing was sublime.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2017, 02:36:01 pm »
Well this extremely worrying. I pity the folks who've had to pay to watch that - it's absolute trash, and it's been the same problems every time. Don't know where we're going at the moment, but it really, really looks very bleak.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2017, 02:36:02 pm »
Bit of a bad rut we're in. It happens to many top sides. We'll get out of it.

Some of the crap being posted here though:
'In my 39 years this is the worst run of form I've ever seen, proper shite groundhog day form we seem to have got ourselves into.'
'This is Hodgson levels of bad'

I mean fuck me. Get a grip.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2017, 02:36:07 pm »
Liverpool....

80% possession. ...check
Slow sideways passing.......check
Long range shoots......check
Poor crossing.........check

Opposition........
20% possession.....check
11 men behind the ball........check
More commitment..........check
Score from set piece........check
Score from break-away.......check
One striker out-plays 4 defenders.......check

Same story every match
#JFT97

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2017, 02:36:27 pm »
An dplease - In case anyone is even CONSIDERING calling anyone else a "bedwetter" or some other such shite, please consider this:

LFC in its entirety - from players to management - has collectively shit the bed over the past 8 days.
Pfft, bedshitter.

Offline d.arn

• Kopite
« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2017, 02:36:40 pm »
Three straight home defeats, against Swansea, Southampton and Wolves.  :o
When was the last time that happened? Must be years ago.

Can't understand what's happened, we were flying just a month ago. It can't all be down to losing Mane to international duty. What a shit month this has been.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 28, 2017, 02:36:41 pm »
How long have you been on RAWK mate? Even by saying it, you know it's going to happen  ;D

That's true. ;D

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2017, 02:37:03 pm »
What a shite week. Fucking absolute shite.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2017, 02:37:05 pm »
I hate to say it but Lucas is finished, the amount of time h was beaten in the air and on he floor by championship players was embarrassing

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2017, 02:37:08 pm »
Gotta be honest, didn't even bother watching . Did bits with the family instead such is my interest currently . It's worrying.

Was there any sort of drive and improvement in the second half, did they really look like they wanted to get back into the game and avenge such an embarrassing first half?

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 28, 2017, 02:37:13 pm »
Can't believe some posters seen worse than that 3 home defeats on the bounce is awful
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2017, 02:37:14 pm »
Worst football since Hodgson.

You're embarrassing yourself.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline thekremlin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • nothing like a nice cup of tea
« Reply #199 on: January 28, 2017, 02:37:15 pm »

So... we're upgrading to bedshitter?