Author Topic: Full time: Liverpool 1 Wolves 2  (Read 80901 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Full time: Liverpool 1 Wolves 2
« Reply #1240 on: January 29, 2017, 02:53:47 pm »
I love the Cup :(

Prefer the two girls meself
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1241 on: January 29, 2017, 03:12:28 pm »
Have to question how Lucas get's into the team. He's just truly awful. Simply no redeeming feature in his game at all anymore, yet there he is still starting games. It may sound harsh, but i firmly believe we could have put any league player to do the role he did yesterday and he wouldn't have played it any worst. Just woeful.

However, i must say there is something about Woodburn that tells me he could be some player for us. Still only 17, saw him spraying the ball around, screaming at the ref, actually attempting to make some passes and force the game, and keep up the stamina to 90 minutes was great to see. If only some of the other youngsters actually had his balls, and not so afraid and timid of making a mistake.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #1242 on: January 29, 2017, 03:47:41 pm »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1243 on: January 29, 2017, 04:08:28 pm »
Since Coutinho got injured we've never had this

Lallana
Henderson
Wijnaldum

Firmino
Mane
Coutinho 

Not forgetting Matip out for 8 games

I mean does anyone even care about that ? It's painfully obvious that's the problem and the squad isn't strong enough to cope.

The very first post on this thread says 'what is happening'

That.

Let's just see what Feb brings, Have a cry about two cups none gives a shit about in the big leagues anymore and see where we are end of season

We have an excellent first XI, not forgetting Mane plus Matip, Ings, Grujic's injuries (plus Coutinho/Henderson,Gomez returning). Dropping down from that we have some excellent prospects (some are in the 1st XI already) but not a ready to run second string (see Arsenal/City/United and Chelsea)

We need a few more players.

As for Cups, we, as a club, don't value them, Dalglish was sacked despite cup success and Jurgen uses them to blood youngsters. We can't cry about not doing well in them. Jurgen and the club want CL (I suspect many fans also), we have 16 games to sort that one out. Chelsea is about the 3 points we need because we let 7 points slip in january (which also means that it's CL not the league we are competing for now)

Look forward (16 games and a few new players) rather than backwards

Think positive, our 4 main rivals have 2/3 cups to worry about, we can focus
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:43:31 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: January 29, 2017, 04:09:45 pm »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1245 on: January 29, 2017, 04:22:10 pm »
We have an excellent first XI, not forgetting Mane plus Matip, Ings, Grujic's injuries (plus Coutinho/Henderson,Gomez returning). Dropping down from that we have some excellent prospects (some are in the 1st XI already) but not a ready to run second string (see Arsenal/City/United and Chelsea)

We need a few more players.

I agree with this. Klopp has had the job of letting other manager's players go and trying to sign players to fill the gaps. Seem obvious I know but it is difficult to get rid of 10 plus players and replace them seamlessly with ten better players. I know this isn't the magnitude of change from the last transfer window but I woulsd expect that to be the case come next August.

I would suggest that we have the weakest 2nd string in the top 6. You just have to look at Utd to see the strength in depth. OK Fellaini isn't a player we should be interested in but he is experienced, Mata, Valencia, you can go on and on.

The other top 6 clubs (maybe with the exception of Spurs) back ups are generally better and more experienced than ours. That is just the fact of where we are at the moment and I have faith in Klopp sorting out some of our weaknesses in the summer.

At least a 1st team quality left back, central midfielder and pacy attacking forward. A quality centre back and goal keeper wouldn't go amiss either.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1246 on: January 29, 2017, 05:04:30 pm »
I know no one will have the answer but why is Sakho still being marginalised? Our squad is paper thin in quality outside the first XI and our defence is shit yet we have a good defender STILL rotting in the reserves.

We are all guessing with a few bits of evidence. But my take is that Klopp is trying to install a change in culture at the club this season. I think that is one of the reasons that he values some players over others.

Sakho is a character, but that comes with behaviour issues. I hate this situation as I really rate Sakho, but he is done here. Klopp is a big picture thinker and I don't think something like the short-term Matip situation would make him change his mind.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1247 on: January 29, 2017, 05:06:50 pm »
What kind of message would this send to the rest of the players, particularly the younger lads? The guy was completely unprofessional time and again. He was given chances to correct himself and prove his professionalism and leadership and he failed spectacularly.

Klopp's basically saying that first and foremost he wants professionals involved with the club. That means that for the megabucks they are earning, they demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism and dedication to the team and to their role at the club. This goes irrespective of age or reputation or ability. I think this is right. I don't think it's right to make excuses simply because the team is having a bad run. Sakho isn't exactly a Baresi or Maldini or Cannavaro anyway - good on his day but quite often just alright.

Hopefully for his sake he can get some deal and be gone. We don't need him.

Exactly. His choice of Captain and vice-captain speaks volumes of what Klopp values. Lucas with the armband too.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline jets red 44

• Main Stander
« Reply #1248 on: January 29, 2017, 07:19:08 pm »
All we have to concentrate on is the league now.......
Beat Chelsea and we are on our way......DEFEAT CHELSEA.....and everything is better.

Can't wait till kickoff

Lets go Reds

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: January 29, 2017, 08:27:54 pm »
Beat Chelsea and we are on our way......DEFEAT CHELSEA.....and everything is better.

Can't wait till kickoff

Lets go Reds

Love your positivity

That's the spirit
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #1250 on: January 29, 2017, 08:29:40 pm »

Can't wait till kickoff

Lets go Reds

So 1 win against Chelsea tuesday night and everything is better? Listen to yourself.

Better yet, think before you post drivel.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1251 on: January 29, 2017, 08:46:41 pm »
So 1 win against Chelsea tuesday night and everything is better? Listen to yourself.

Well at least we won't be getting relegated unlike your team.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1252 on: January 29, 2017, 09:17:09 pm »
Move on.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #1253 on: January 29, 2017, 10:19:53 pm »

Bit harsh lad... after all the doom & gloom i welcome a bit of positivity ..  :scarf
Like he said.. beat chelsea and everything is better.... (just better-not win the league)..  :lickin
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: January 29, 2017, 10:43:10 pm »
Meh I've had worse weeks. 

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #1255 on: January 30, 2017, 12:07:30 am »
It was clear with the team selection that focussing on a top 4 finish in the league is the top priority.

The team that we put out should have been able to get a positive result at least a draw, but we got hit by an early sucker punch
with our vulnerability at set pieces.

It does get frustrating with the pattern of dominating possession but not producing enough end product.
Perhaps with the return of Mane we will rediscover that cutting edge.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #1256 on: January 30, 2017, 12:50:53 am »
Who needs cup wins anyway when you can finish top 4.

#winningmentality
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1257 on: January 30, 2017, 12:51:48 am »

What trip are you on?

You're even moaning about a WIN that hasn't happened yet ? Against Chelsea

Then you say others are posting drivel

A load of the games we've lost have been with kids the others. Had a good team out v United away and were robbed of a win

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: January 30, 2017, 02:33:33 am »
I'm probably mistaking you for someone else, sorry.

There's no mistaking Binomial.  This is the same guy that shitposted his way to a permaban on the Official forums.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: January 30, 2017, 03:43:17 am »
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1260 on: January 30, 2017, 09:00:59 am »
What trip are you on?

You're even moaning about a WIN that hasn't happened yet ? Against Chelsea

Then you say others are posting drivel

A load of the games we've lost have been with kids the others. Had a good team out v United away and were robbed of a win

Don't worry his real team is going down this season.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1261 on: January 30, 2017, 12:51:25 pm »
I can't remember going into a big match like this on such poor form and confidence.

Would be typical for us to win.  8)
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: January 30, 2017, 01:01:29 pm »

How about you doing the same.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1263 on: January 30, 2017, 01:02:07 pm »
Yet another game with silly amounts of possession, in front of their back nine, with little or no penetration. Then, as we lose the ball for the 300th time, they break and score with one chance.

I have no idea what the answer is tactically, that's for Klopp to do, but we've seen this for half a dozen games now. We've not had our strongest eleven out since November of course so I am delighted to think we'll see that very soon.

The battle starts now for a top 4 place and it won't be easy.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #1264 on: January 30, 2017, 01:33:26 pm »
Poor team selection cost us. I understand the wisdom of giving youth a chance in the cup competitions but given the run we've been having we desperately needed a win and a stronger team would have delivered that. Our squad is looking very thin at the moment and we really need to turn around this slump sooner rather than later. Hope and pray the return of Mane, Coutinho and Matip will start having a positive impact.