Author Topic: Lazar Markovic  (Read 145510 times)

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
Re: Lazar Markovic
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2016, 05:14:00 pm »
Markovic doesnt have a confidence problem he has an ability problem.

He's a winger who doesnt dribble/front up his defender, failing that he's an AM who doesnt score or assist, failing that he's a wingback who doesnt want to defend.

Being more 'confident' wont fix his issues when the issue is one of simply not being good enough. Said it eleswhere but Markovic can be filed alongside Ryan Babel. A worthwhile albeit expensive punt on a promising youngster who ultimately fell well short in terms of output and quality.

Let him go and have a middling career across Europe.

I agree with this. The guy is an AM and not a winger. I have not seen him beat a player with any type of skill. He does have pace with the ball but all the runs I have seen are sideway runs as opposed to vertical runs. That said, he does have an eye for a pass and does have good AM skills. He was effective at Benefica, so I am not sure if his style does not translate to this league. I would be happy to see him get a run at the side, but it seems that Jurgen is not heavily impressed enough to keep him (with all the noise about being open to moving him).
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline Robby The Z

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2016, 05:15:19 pm »
The story is really not very well-sourced. Seems to be an inference that his former manager is most disposed toward making something happen. The bit about playing "if the team was involved in Europe this year..." well Klopp knew that before he started involving him in the friendlies.

I mean, there's no doubt he is fighting for a place in the squad, but I think he would get more than two weeks to prove himself.
"It's emotion inside." - Jurgen Klopp on football.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2016, 05:17:42 pm »
His natural instinct is to carry the ball into space and then at the point when faced up with a defender his natural instinct is to invariably pass the ball backwards.

I don't think so. From what I have seen of him at Benfica, his natural instinct is to make a through pass forward. Of course, you need someone with smart movement upfront to do that, and we didn't really have that in 2014/15.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2016, 05:47:38 pm »
I don't think so. From what I have seen of him at Benfica, his natural instinct is to make a through pass forward. Of course, you need someone with smart movement upfront to do that, and we didn't really have that in 2014/15.

Not to mention that he was playing as a wing back most of the time and his job was to provide an overlap for a runner from midfield or a wide forward, none of which we had.

I wrote a longish post about him a while back in the Youth/Reserves thread. Don't think anyone can really say if he's going to be good enough here or not, really. Time will tell.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2016, 05:57:33 pm »
Think you have to take it to account he was playing in Turkey.

14/15 season, not 15/16.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2016, 05:59:09 pm »
Not to mention that he was playing as a wing back most of the time and his job was to provide an overlap for a runner from midfield or a wide forward, none of which we had.

I wrote a longish post about him a while back in the Youth/Reserves thread. Don't think anyone can really say if he's going to be good enough here or not, really. Time will tell.

I think that it will depend only on him. If he has the right attitude to work hard and learn from Klopp, he will be a success here. The talent is certainly there.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2016, 06:28:32 pm »
Ojo is three years younger, home grown, and has shown more flashes of brilliance in a few games than Markovic did across a whole season.

I know he played as an advanced wing-back in some games, but he really did stink the place out a lot wherever he was playing. There's a reason he regularly got hooked at half-time and it wasn't just Rodgers being a dick as people like to pretend. In crucial games chasing the top four against Southampton and Arsenal, as well as in the cup semi-final, he was probably the worst player on the pitch.

Admittedly he looked a bit more at home off a striker but, Hugo Lloris' paper hands aside, he never provided any real threat.

Just feel like people want this lad to do well over others because he's got long hair and a cool name. We can't afford passengers.

Markovic vs Arsenal? He messed up the pass to Sterling (arguably) but he was good in that game, picked up some really good spaces.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2016, 06:29:34 pm »

Exactly! Even Coutinho was absolute shit when Balotelli and Lambert were in front, it only improved when Sterling was upfront.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2016, 06:36:14 pm »
If it's true then I'm honestly devastated. He's one of the players who I genuinely thought would be sensational with us... If he does leave us, I hope we put a buy back clause on him because I can see him doing great wherever he goes.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline JCB

• Sponsors of Digger Barnes.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2016, 06:50:14 pm »
Lazar was a promising player at Benfica and at Partizan. Granted the same hasn't been the case since he joined Liverpool and the overarching question is whether this is a temporary setback or whether he has stalled completely. Funnily enough, with all the competition he will have this year with less games available, I still think he has a better chance of making something of it than he did two years ago. He has two Serbians to help him settle this time and he will be playing in a team that suits his skillset a little bit more. If we play and break on the transition like Klopp wants us to, then he fits. He has the pace to drive the ball forward (or in his case diagonally) and the ability to find a good through-ball if someone is willing to break the lines quickly enough (i.e. Mane, Origi even Ings). 

Having said all of that I'm just not sure whether he's got that temperament to push through his last 2 years of stagnation. Hopefully he can and with Klopp and Buvac to help him he might just do it. But at a hunch it looks 50/50 to me. Quite curious about Buvac's opinion on all this. Being Serbian he's more than likely kept somewhat of an eye on Lazar over his career and more than anyone will know if he has the attributes and skill to fit in our current team.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2016, 07:03:34 pm »
I would sell him if it means we can keep Allen. Lazar is a lost cause, we have sold Ibe who was much better than him
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline SkyCaptain

• Main Stander
  • FB & LFC Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2016, 07:51:42 pm »
He is so f.cking weak for Premier League.

He couldn't play regularly even in Turkish league because of his countless injuries.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2016, 09:05:23 pm »
He is so f.cking weak for Premier League.

He couldn't play regularly even in Turkish league because of his countless injuries.
First of all you're allowed to swear here, and second point is injuries are hardly his fault.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2016, 09:14:00 pm »
Be hard to get rid of in my opinion unless we give him away.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Homo rubrum

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Knock it and run, son.
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2016, 09:14:40 pm »
A real goddam shame he had so many injury issues during his shit loan spell. Fuck.
And if you can do it all with a proud boner, then why the hell not?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2016, 10:03:09 pm »
I would sell him if it means we can keep Allen. Lazar is a lost cause, we have sold Ibe who was much better than him
A lost cause? Your're kidding right? The lad just turned 22, has played one season in a Liverpool shirt at 20, in a new league, mostly out of position and in an under performing team. And the only thing that Ibe was better was in dribbling, and he got a lot more game time to prove himself in his position than Lazar ever did.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2016, 10:07:41 pm »
Imagine if Klopp has sold that 21 year old Polish lad after his poor first season at Dortmund.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2016, 11:12:01 pm »
Be hard to get rid of in my opinion unless we give him away.

Why would we want to get rid of him?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2016, 11:27:54 pm »
We should sell if we get a good offer for him. He hasnt dome well here and whilst he has a claim for another chance, it was difficult to see where his talent lie.

Seeing as we have Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Milner, Coutinho, Firmino, Mane and Lallana for effectively 4 positions, if we are to have a young winger in there then rather it be Ojo.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 15, 2016, 11:33:06 pm »
He reminds me of Aqualaini.  A much hyped player on some forums but with zip end product to justify any of it.  Maybe he was once good on fifa or some sort of football game.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2016, 12:16:17 am »
He reminds me of Aqualaini.  A much hyped player on some forums but with zip end product to justify any of it.  Maybe he was once good on fifa or some sort of football game.
The key difference being that one was 20 and the other was 25 when signed.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2016, 12:25:25 am »
Why would we want to get rid of him?

Because some people don't understand that developing players takes time.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2016, 12:31:33 am »
He has hardly played.
I'd like him to have a nice settled season of finding his mojo and playing as a substitute - and training hard naturally.
He looks like a clever player down on confidence and still a bit green.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2016, 01:18:04 am »
Think he'd make a pretty decent super sub. We've got a lot of good players but not too many that can inject pace into the game up against tired legs.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline AshLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2016, 11:42:31 am »
He has only ever produced flashes in the little playing time he's had for us due to various reasons. I think he has something, but whether he has the desire to improve and become consistent is questionable in my opinion.

The unfortunate thing for him is that he needs time and a proper run of games for this to happen, and I doubt he'll get that given the other options we have. I'd keep him for this season, see how he does. He's still very young and we would get something ok ish back if we were to sell in the future.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2016, 11:49:08 am »
Sign Kuba to replace him.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2016, 11:50:40 am »
Some weird blind faith in him. If he was english he would be getting huge criticism.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2016, 12:12:52 pm »
Some weird blind faith in him. If he was english he would be getting huge criticism.

I hate statements like this, lots of people with different opinions of Markovic have put forth good reasons for their stance,  then you come in and say anyone with an opinion different from yours must only like him because he's foreign.

Give the people here a little credit.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2016, 01:07:50 pm »
Think he'd make a pretty decent super sub. We've got a lot of good players but not too many that can inject pace into the game up against tired legs.

I agree with that, and I think that will be his role in his first season under Klopp. A starter in the cups, and an impact subtitute in the league.

Offline BritishGas

• loved Heinz Baked Beans
  • Main Stander
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2016, 02:20:14 pm »

He does have long hair.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2016, 02:32:31 pm »
Good talent but came to the wrong club at the wrong time.

Confident he'll go on to have a much better career than Babel (at the cost of a social media presence); and who he is much more naturally gifted than as far as I'm concerned.

A reunion with Jorge Jesus wouldn't be the worst idea for him.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2016, 03:41:33 pm »
A lost cause? Your're kidding right? The lad just turned 22, has played one season in a Liverpool shirt at 20, in a new league, mostly out of position and in an under performing team. And the only thing that Ibe was better was in dribbling, and he got a lot more game time to prove himself in his position than Lazar ever did.

These days 22 is not that young.  Also with a history of hamstring injuries and one-off good games here and there, what the point penalising him.  Not like he'll play loads of games.  If he is serious about football he'll ask for a loan move or just be sold to redo his career
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline JaimeREDnapz

• Main Stander
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2016, 04:02:16 pm »

Absolute nonsense. How can someone be a lost cause after playing a season in a every position under the sun ?

Give him another season and play him where he is comfortable. I'm confident he can be a player for us.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2016, 04:04:32 pm »

Yeah coz they play in the same position and that like. yeah.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2016, 04:04:45 pm »
A reunion with Jorge Jesus wouldn't be the worst idea for him.

And a full season under a top talent developer like Klopp might be an even better idea.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2016, 04:07:02 pm »
These days 22 is not that young.  Also with a history of hamstring injuries and one-off good games here and there, what the point penalising him.  Not like he'll play loads of games.  If he is serious about football he'll ask for a loan move or just be sold to redo his career

Young players seem to love working and developing under Klopp. They might know something that we don't.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2016, 06:04:10 pm »
I think people are being quite harsh on Markovic. He's got some good raw attributes; he's pacey, direct and can carry the ball. He's also a decent passer. Other parts of his game need work but he's still quite raw. Let's not forget that in his first season here he was even more inexperienced and he had to adjust to a new league, language, culture and everything else. He was also played out of position by Rodgers. He was wing back one minute, played on the wrong flank the next, then he wouldn't play for a few games. Rodgers didn't really utilize him well and when he did play he was hindered. For a young player in a new league Rodgers really made it as tough as possible for him and I don't think it was the right approach.

I'm not saying Markovic is a world beater. I do think, however, that if nurtured right and given some confidence in the right system he could go on to be a really effective and useful player. I think he could flourish under Klopp. Do we need him right now? Possibly not, and he wouldn't be a starter. But I'm not willing to give up on the lad and I'd really like him to stick around.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2016, 06:20:56 pm »
And a full season under a top talent developer like Klopp might be an even better idea.

If there were the games to satisfy him then yes but if Jürgen doesn't feel he can offer him that then it's best he can reignite his career elsewhere. Given the lack of European football I feel (and it looks this way to me) that Klopp wants a really close knit squad supplemented then by a few from the set up (Brannagan,Ojo,Stewart).

When we're looking to get the team back to being competitive on all fronts I don't think there's any desire there for complicating that task further by having to nurse mentally fragile players through the season. Maybe it's harsh but it's easier to just sell them off and say 'it's someone else's problem' and then just focus on a core of about 17 you know arent damaged goods from a previous regime.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2016, 06:52:23 pm »
So now he's "mentally fragile" apparently. Fucks sake there's some wankers in here these days.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2016, 06:58:45 pm »
I would like him to stop for another season to see how he performs under Klopp. I'm still not convinced we have given the best opportunity to show off his attributes.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]