Author Topic: So the commercial office of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh  (Read 101258 times)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: So the commercial epicentre of LIVERPOOL FC will be London huh
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2014, 05:30:54 pm »

Timbo does has a point to make here (embedded in our oligarchic system) that Liverpool FC does not have to pay fealty to London. 

They're not paying fealty to London, they're moving some people from Boston to London. It's a total non-issue and it could certainly be argued that it's better to have the commercial team closer to Liverpool, which is exactly what's happening.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2014, 05:32:39 pm »
Think about this for a second. Nobody had a problem when he was staying 5000 more kilometers away in Boston :lmao

But wasn't there a recent article about him having 580 million (do not quote me on the figure) reasons to be happy about LFC?

Three questions really.   Why London?  Why not Liverpool?  Why now?

Good work involves following the money.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2014, 05:32:48 pm »
If this had been opened in july , we could have had a chauffeured car ready at heathrow , picked up alexis Sanchez and wife , whisked them around London showing them a few sites , took him to our new plush offices , all replicas of our 5 European cups and uefa cups in glass cabinets , Brendan in chatting to him ...sign him on a five year deal ... :) see there is advantages to being in London

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2014, 05:36:43 pm »
Can't believe anyone thinks that this is an issue, and certainly that it's more of an issue than our commercial offices being overseas (i.e. in Boston) before this.

It dosen't matter. It really doesn't matter. No, honestly, it dosen't matter.

Go back 5 years to H&G. They were actual problems.

We have owners who have installed a successful and popular manager, are delivering on stadium expansion and who are guaranteeing the financial stability of the club for years to come with their commercial strategies.

Moaning about moving the club's commercial offices to London is trying to close the stable door after the horse has bolted, been caught and ended up in a Lasagne in Aldi. We'd all rather have local, passionate owners running the club locally, or at least domestically based owners. But the game is international and as soulless and faceless corporate tycoons, ours seem better than most.

They're far from faultless but if people are so desperate to beat them with any stick they can get hold of then they really can't win. Anfield is still in Liverpool, the club's name is still Liverpool, we still play in red, the staff are still based at Melwood and the club has offices on Merseyside. We're investing in the city with the Anfield redevelopment.

Most corporate entities, banks, law firms etc. have their offices in London, it's a perfectly pragmatic base of operations for a huge commercial enterprise like Liverpool FC. In an ideal world we could base our commercial offices in Liverpool, but this isn't an ideal world and this seems like the kind of non-issue where fans really should stand back and be pragmatic.

I'm just grateful it's not in Texas.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:43:42 pm by JerseyKopite »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2014, 05:37:48 pm »
But wasn't there a recent article about him having 580 million (do not quote me on the figure) reasons to be happy about LFC?

Three questions really.   Why London?  Why not Liverpool?  Why now?

Good work involves following the money.

Because the sponsors we want to attract have a presence in London, and/or are in London more often, and/or can get to London quicker and easier than Liverpool, and/or there is a greater pool of qualified people to pick from.

It's a non-story. We are moving a tiny fraction of our employees to a London based office to improve their ability to do their job. That's it.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2014, 05:38:49 pm »
They're not paying fealty to London, they're moving some people from Boston to London. It's a total non-issue and it could certainly be argued that it's better to have the commercial team closer to Liverpool, which is exactly what's happening.

I hear you. 

This may not be relevant, but what I do know is relevant is that London has become the leading place in the world, at present, for control fraud ---- precisely due to a race to the bottom laxity of regulation designed to attract capital from all areas around the world.

It may be a non-issue.  However, there is little need to spurn conversation and debate, especially when we consider what has happened in the world economy over the last decade (fraud, insolvencies, bailouts etc.).    And from my time in the private sector, there is always a reason for a location change (one that is public and a few that are not).

Again, I am not trying to stir the pot as this may be a non-issue, but for the person most recently talking about LFC's financial prospects moving to London from Boston does beg the question, why not Liverpool. 

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2014, 05:39:06 pm »
The outrage on this is partially justified (local jobs/want to showcase Liverpool) but pretty over exaggerated. It's the current state of business in England - it's all HQ'd in London, just due to ease of logistics.

Business is centred around London, which itself is unjust but it's the world we live in.

Manchester United - Mayfair
Manchester City - Regents Park

We're playing catch-up.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:45:39 pm by RainbowTrout »
YNWA.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2014, 05:45:59 pm »
I hear you. 

This may not be relevant, but what I do know is relevant is that London has become the leading place in the world, at present, for control fraud ---- precisely due to a race to the bottom laxity of regulation designed to attract capital from all areas around the world.

It may be a non-issue.  However, there is little need to spurn conversation and debate, especially when we consider what has happened in the world economy over the last decade (fraud, insolvencies, bailouts etc.).    And from my time in the private sector, there is always a reason for a location change (one that is public and a few that are not).

Again, I am not trying to stir the pot as this may be a non-issue, but for the person most recently talking about LFC's financial prospects moving to London from Boston does beg the question, why not Liverpool. 

All of which is completely irrelevant to this topic. London and Liverpool are under the same regulatory financial framework. If you want to discuss the conduct of the City of London in general, there are a myriad of topics outside the LFC boards. 

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2014, 05:49:43 pm »
The outrage on this is partially justified (local jobs/want to showcase Liverpool) but pretty over exaggerated. It's the current state of business in England - it's all HQ'd in London, just due to ease of logistics.

Business is centred around London, which itself is unjust but it's the world we live in.

Manchester United - Mayfair
Manchester City - Regents Park

We're playing catch-up.

I believe we've had offices, or at least the use of offices, in London for a while now. This is just a permanent base. Plus I'm fairly sure we've got some sort of commercial offices, or people working commercially, in the Far East, and presumably the US (given this is what he was based prior to moving).

So not catch up per se.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2014, 05:51:02 pm »
 I can't think of any positives or a good enough reason to choose London over Liverpool.  The club is based in Liverpool, Anfield. There for any deals negotiated in London or Boston or Liverpool will be noticed in Anfield, adverts, players, sponsors, whatever.

I therefor expect FSG baseball hq to be in New York, would make sense over Boston.

Offline indlfc

• Moany whiner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool will always be my home.
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2014, 05:52:11 pm »
What is the issue with this again? ???
There is only one family, it is the Liverpool family.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2014, 06:02:42 pm »

Exactly. 3 Pages lol

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2014, 06:06:10 pm »
Don't see a problem with this really.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »
Has Uniteds commercial centre been moved to London?

Sponsorship Sales Manager
Manchester United, London

Manchester United is the World’s largest and most famous sports club. Over 659 million people support the club today worldwide, with its rich history covering 135 years of footballing success.

Manchester United seeks a robust, high achiever to realise the full commercial potential of one of the most globally recognised sports brands.

http://www.odgersberndtson.co.uk/gb/executive-opportunities/opportunity-details/45665/
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2014, 06:15:30 pm »
Timbo's Goals takes exception with this and we get three thread pages over a non-issue.

We're all bored with the Internationals, bring on next weekend.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2014, 06:16:11 pm »
I can't think of any positives or a good enough reason to choose London over Liverpool.  The club is based in Liverpool, Anfield. There for any deals negotiated in London or Boston or Liverpool will be noticed in Anfield, adverts, players, sponsors, whatever.

I therefor expect FSG baseball hq to be in New York, would make sense over Boston.

Except the Red Sox have nowhere even close to the global brand, image and fanbase that Liverpool has.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2014, 06:19:42 pm »
We don't quite know what the issue is mate, but I suspect the club has appraised the advantageous of the move and there's a strategic objective to it.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2014, 06:21:03 pm »
The way I see it, if you want to seperate a rich person from their money, you go to them to get it not the other way round. 

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2014, 06:21:18 pm »
I can't think of any positives or a good enough reason to choose London over Liverpool. 

You're not thinking very hard if you can't think of any positives at all.

You're comparing a baseball team which has predominately locally based sponsors in a sport which is viewed by predominately local supporters to a football team which is supported the world over and attracts sponsors who are based well away from the local area.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2014, 06:21:20 pm »
Has Uniteds commercial centre been moved to London?

Manchester United moved their commercial and sponsorship office to 5 Stratton Street in Mayfair a few years back.

Manchester United is set to expand its commercial operations by moving to new offices in Mayfair, London.

The football club has agreed a deal to occupy 11,500 sq ft of luxurious new office space in the heart of London's West End.

The deal will do little to help United's reputation for attracting more supporters from London than Manchester, and exacerbate frustration from the club's fans who feel the Glazer family have lost touch with its roots.

However, the deal also highlights the commercial success the Glazer's, who bought United in 2005, have enjoyed since launching operations in London three years ago.

The club set up a team in a Pall Mall office building designed to secure new sponsorship deals from around the world. It said London was a more practical base for overseas companies travelling to the UK for sponsorship talks.

However, the 45-man operation is understood to have grown too large for the St James's office, leading to the move to Mayfair.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/constructionandproperty/8309651/Manchester-United-moves-to-Mayfair.html
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:28:38 pm by Alan_F »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2014, 06:27:46 pm »

Liverpool's HQ isn't moving to London, it's opening a commercial office, like United did a few years back.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2014, 06:32:07 pm »
This is a common sense decision, like many people have said there are a lot more commercial opportunities in London than in Liverpool.

I work in London, the industry I work in is non-existent in Liverpool and in order to do what I want to do I had to move here (it so happens I kinda like london but still the opportunities are greater here). You can argue that we're paying fealty to london, but what are the other options? Miss out on numerous opportunities whilst the club fights against the commercial realities of this country?

A massive global commercial company visits the UK, they can speak to Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City, Man Utd in London, but our directors sit up here (i'm guessing you'd have them in Anfield and not the city centre office because after all that's where we're based) telling said company to hike their arses up to Liverpool if they want to discuss anything. Sounds like a solid plan that.

Expecting people to travel to us, and that we should ONLY have offices in Liverpool is so short sighted, naive and dare I say it small minded that it beggars belief.  We're a global company, we should be ran as one and to simply have an office in Liverpool would almost be negligent.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2014, 06:34:29 pm »
This thread is pathetic.

There are more important things to be angry about than this total non issue.

There always has to be something to have a tantrum about though.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:37:16 pm by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2014, 06:35:13 pm »
Personally don't see why it makes sense for part of the commercial arm of the club to be based in London, why bother there arses moving from Boston to London?

Not having that it will make better commercial sense than having a base elsewhere, most big deals will involve big companies, I imagine most of these will understand the club has historical geographical links with the city of Liverpool and understand that it's commercial arm will be based in the city if they want to work with them.

Could not and have never really given a shite about what and why United do things, I could not think of something more that I don't want LFC to emulate. The club often shows a lack of respect for the locally community and local economy, too often for my liking. It may not be the end of the world but it is quite typical of the way the club sees the environment they operate in.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2014, 06:37:35 pm »
a) He's right to move to the South of England..it makes sense as that's where the commercial centre is.

b) We're right to push for game 39. Ok it may be unfair on 'the people who happen to be in a place where it's possible to go to lots of games' ...but as these are yet to be exploited huge potential revenues it makes commercial sense

c) We're right to move the club to the South/South East of England - it has great Motorway and airport links - players increasingly want to be near to the capital - it doesn't matter to the TV companies where you play as long as the stadium is full and we'll be able to charge premium prices for tickets. It makes commercial sense

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2014, 06:38:23 pm »
a) He's right to move to the South of England..it makes sense as that's where the commercial centre is.

b) We're right to push for game 39. Ok it may be unfair on 'the people who happen to be in a place where it's possible to go to lots of games' ...but as these are yet to be exploited huge potential revenues it makes commercial sense

c) We're right to move the club to the South/South East of England - it has great Motorway and airport links - players increasingly want to be near to the capital - it doesn't matter to the TV companies where you play as long as the stadium is full and we'll be able to charge premium prices for tickets. It makes commercial sense

Utter bollocks that you link all three of those as one and the same.

Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2014, 06:40:11 pm »

I know you're being flippant, but there is no logical progression whatsoever from a) to b) or c).

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2014, 06:40:17 pm »

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2014, 06:41:27 pm »
I know you're being flippant, but there is no logical progression whatsoever from a) to b) or c).

get back to me in 15 years.......your flat will be full of Scousers travelling down for home games  8)
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2014, 06:44:21 pm »

Sorry but there is, all people appear to want to talk about is what makes commercial sense for the club regardless of what that mean to the local area, there are some on here that support Liverpool despite its geographical location, so take it to its logical conclusion.

Maybe move it to the boozer forum there is no mention of Raheem Sterling in the thread.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2014, 06:44:43 pm »
It makes 100% commercial sense if we're looking to expand. If you can't see that then you've just got rose-tinted glasses on I'm afraid.

Is it shitty that London is the biggest commercial hub in the country? Sure it is but it is what it is.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #111 on: October 13, 2014, 06:46:34 pm »

d) FSG builds a big dome over the old Anfield, attaches rockets to the outside of the Kop and Anny Rd and blasts it into orbit to become the first space stadium. Shuttling fans from Liverpool to Space Anfield for a reduced price due to it's new sponsorship deal with Richard Branson.

Given you linking B and C to A, I expect D is just as likely.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2014, 06:46:51 pm »
Sorry but there is, all people appear to want to talk about is what makes commercial sense for the club regardless of what that mean to the local area, there are some on here that support Liverpool despite its geographical location, so take it to its logical conclusion.

Maybe move it to the boozer forum there is no mention of Raheem Sterling in the thread.
There simply isn't John, it's completely disingenuous. As others have pointed out, were you angry when Hogan was based even further away from Liverpool, in Boston?

People who are not against the move are pointing out the commercial sense it makes for the club.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:32:46 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2014, 06:47:54 pm »
This thread is pathetic.

This.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2014, 06:48:12 pm »
Except the Red Sox have nowhere even close to the global brand, image and fanbase that Liverpool has.

The gaps to them and the Yankees and us and United are probably relative. Commercially we want to aspire to be where United are, I'm sure the red sox want to be where the Yankees are too.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2014, 06:49:44 pm »
This thread is pathetic.

These three lines sum it up.

Some on RAWK find a way to moan about something every day.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2014, 06:53:09 pm »
There simply isn't John, it's completely disingenuous. As others have pointed out, were you angry when Hogan was based even further away from Liverpool, in Boston?

People who are not against the move are pointing out the commercial sense it makes for the club.

As for your Sterling comment, come on, you're better than that.

James, I have always thought that the club could do much, much more for the local economy and frankly, I'm not buying that any big commercial deals are falling over because we are not commercially based in London, it does not go hand in hand for me. Companies who want to work with Liverpool know where we are based, they know where the bedrock of the fan base is from and they know our global appeal. I don't think that having a commercial vase in London changes that, it is not going to put us on the telly more, surely the basis that drives many commercial deals, certainly more than anything else.

I'm not angry by the way, it's what I expect from the club and the reaction I expect in here.

I'm not daft, I know exactly what the commercial reality is, but I do think if we struggle to attract our commercial team to the area how can we expect to attract players when competing for their signatures?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:54:57 pm by john_mac »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2014, 06:53:32 pm »
The gaps to them and the Yankees and us and United are probably relative. Commercially we want to aspire to be where United are, I'm sure the red sox want to be where the Yankees are too.

The gap between Red Sox and Yankee's is irrelevant. The differences between the baseball and football commercial markets are what you should be looking at as to the reason they don't need to open an office in New York.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #118 on: October 13, 2014, 07:00:19 pm »
Whilst it maybe pragmatic!
 To the locals it could look like a representative of Liverpool F.C. doesn't think Liverpool is good enough or big enough for him to be based in.  This might sound OTT to people with no allegiance to the city itself, but it comes down to pride and maybe as i was brought up near this city i can understand Timbo's point of view a bit more than people the other side of the country or even the world, you need to be from Liverpool or really understand Liverpudlians to understand Timbo's point and if you don't well you are chatting uneducated shit anyway.

Actually his excuse of the need to be based in London is pure bollox, in a corporate world of net based conferences and skyped conversations and deals all done on the net are we saying he could not do business just the same here rather than some overpriced shack in Mayfair.

So he does deals and wines and dines in London, how nice for him, but why do this  is he scared that the sponsors will run a mile if they see the wonderful city of culture  Liverpool?

Seems like this is a cosmetic plan to keep Billy Boy in the UK, or maybe he just want to use his Oyster card.

( Craig where you on your lunch hour?)  ;D
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2014, 07:04:36 pm »
These three lines sum it up.

Some on RAWK find a way to moan about something every day.

Location, Location, Location,  what's yours ? 

I think frankly it's amazing and deplorable how many people in Rawk have no allegiance to the city their team plays in or any understanding of the people who live in it
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway