Author Topic: How has your love for Liverpool nearly/got you into trouble?  (Read 24196 times)

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: How has your love for Liverpool nearly/got you into trouble?
« Reply #120 on: August 3, 2016, 11:11:44 am »
Every weekend with the wife and kiddo..  :-[ Can't seem to juggle all the loves of my life..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: August 4, 2016, 10:50:26 am »
I am 6'4. And way back when we played Alaves in the UEFA Cup Final and Gary Mac crossed for the winner  I really should've been thinking a bit more clearly before running and jumping throughout the house. Especially under a door frame. 7 staples in me nut.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 6, 2016, 02:31:50 pm »
All the time.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #123 on: August 8, 2016, 01:32:00 pm »
Often.

When I drink a lot I tend to sing, and it's never long before 'Shit on United!!' at full volume comes out at some point. I don't mean to - and in fact I prefer singing about us than worrying about that shower of shit but still...

I've been told off (and asked politely to leave once or twice) several local pubs.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #124 on: August 8, 2016, 03:01:42 pm »
I was born and lived in NI for most of my adult life. In 2004 I had just turned 18 and in my final year of school, ready to finish my A-Levels and go to Uni to study Computer Science.

Myself and my brother, who was at Uni in Belfast at the time, decided to go to the Graz qualifying game at Anfield - Rafa's first game that season, in the hope we could get a ticket for one of the CL group games. Ended up going to the game and got tickets for all three group games - Monaco, Deportivo and Olympiakos. I'm still at school, and travelling over for three midweek games meant missing two days of school each time, pretty much. My Mum wrote a note on each of those occasions telling the truth - I wasn't at school because I travelled to Liverpool for the football. My form teacher was also my IT teacher, and a United fan - he wasn't really that impressed to be honest.

So we draw Leverkusen and that was seen as a hard tie for us. Myself and my brother decide we absolutely have to go and we did. Then Juventus came around and there's not a chance we can't go to that game, and quite possibly it might be our last chance that season. I came back from the Juventus game and I remember smiling smugly, handing my absence note to my teacher who opened it, read it and said, 'Enjoy this one Ciara - this is as far as you're going go.' Manc twat.

Went over for the Chelsea game and then have a decision to make about Istanbul... My IT exam was on the 25th, which meant I couldn't go... Went home and spoke to my parents and my Mum was very much of the opinion I should go - once in a lifetime and all that. My Dad was fairly quiet on the subject. My brothers were teachers and one of them suggested contacting the exam board and seeing if I could sit the exam elsewhere or another time... One of them contacted the exam board and it turns out the exam was being sat on the 26th May at a school or college in Wavertree. Problem solved!

Went into school the next day and explained to my teacher and he was furious - couldn't believe I was even contemplating this.

I went and spoke with the Vice Principal and asked him very nicely to contact the exam board and get me a seat there in Wavertree on the 26th. I was due back from Istanbul quite early, so should have plenty of time to make the exam in the afternoon. The flight from Liverpool was that night, so time wouldn't have been a problem.

Everything was set, so travelled to Liverpool and then onto Istanbul and we all know the rest. The airport was chaotic and they were just putting random people on random flights in the early hours, but we got back to Liverpool quite early that morning. And then discover the parade was happening that day...

Do I go and sit my A-Level? Or stay for the parade?

Easy choice - the parade won and the exam skipped.

I was not a popular person when I got back to school amongst the staff. Alot of people were very unimpressed.

Got my A-Levels results a few weeks later and managed to get a B in IT, thanks to an earlier exam and my coursework. Got into Uni to do my course, graduated with a degree and now work full time in IT. And been to a European Cup final. Everyone's a winner! :D

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: August 8, 2016, 03:45:03 pm »
Didn't get me in trouble, but I wore one of my LFC tops to an FC Dallas game earlier this summer. Some short pudgy jackass with a British accent got in my face and started singing 'Sign On' before the game, took everything in me not to deck him. So I just stepped up to the next row of bleachers and started singing YNWA louder than he was singing until he shut his trap.

Never mentioned what team he supports when I asked him, the Chelsea-supporting jerk.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2017, 11:28:10 am »
Not the best idea to watch a replay of Istanbul on Valentines.   :boxhead

Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2017, 11:39:21 pm »
Brilliant story that Ciara! ;D

Offline Red_Hugh

• Main Stander
« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2017, 01:00:56 am »
Arrested on my 1st away on my own at 15

Arested outside the Jester after the 3-3 home draw with the mancs

unfurling a Spanish flag with LFC on it in a bar full of Basque Alaves fans, from nearly being lynched we ended up sharing paella and beers

bunking in the stadium the night before the UEFA Cup final against Alaves, getting in the trophy room, contemplated nicking Big Ears, then getting rumbled when trying to blag a free meal in the restaurant.

Walking around what ever city Vilareal is in, after the pre season friendly in 2008 with my 12 year old son and my mates 11 year old son, looking for the coaches back to Aurthurs Bar in Benidorm  because we  jumped off the coach on the way due to heavy traffic and went in the nearest bar, so did not know where the pick up was. Thought we were going to have to sleep rough all night. Luckily the coaches were driving round looking for everyone.

sorted a ticket for Istanbul 11th hour, took a week off work no notice, was my holy grail so did not give a shit, luckily having worked there years they took kindly.

Always in or nearly in trouble 😄

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2017, 06:43:50 am »
Brilliant story that Ciara! ;D
Perfect Storm of a champions league campaign. Saw it through from start to finish. 😁

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2017, 08:40:23 am »
Out last night with a group of lawyers. Bevvied. One of the lawyers said her boyfriend was a Utd fan. Without thinking asked why did he support them or is he just a c*nt?
Oops!!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2017, 09:58:27 am »
Fell out with lots of people over the club, the city. Fuck em

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2017, 10:11:25 am »
Never got into trouble but everytime we play I just turn on a stream and switch the world off. Gets me a bit of stick from the missus sometimes, especially when I need to be somewhere or do some chores.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2017, 05:49:22 pm »
Every few months I like to intentionally bump this thread as I find the stories in here fascinating.

Would love to hear more.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 29, 2017, 06:17:58 pm »
Nothing compared to some of you, but remember being 17 and let loose in a pub for one of the first times to watch the 2009 CL final, running up and mouthing off to Manc fans when Messi scored the second, nearly got decked.

More recently, I went to City away, Sevilla at home and Burnley at home all in the space of a week, girlfriend put me in the doghouse for weeks after that one!

Offline Andy Hunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2017, 11:47:41 am »
Nothing compared to some of you, but remember being 17 and let loose in a pub for one of the first times to watch the 2009 CL final, running up and mouthing off to Manc fans when Messi scored the second, nearly got decked.

More recently, I went to City away, Sevilla at home and Burnley at home all in the space of a week, girlfriend put me in the doghouse for weeks after that one!

I've heard a lot of stories of reds getting into bother for both mancs finals in 2009 and 2011 with Barca haha.

All in pubs too.

Offline james791

• Kopite
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2017, 01:10:22 pm »
Not me personally, but was in a packed pub watching an England game about 7 or 8 years ago. Beautiful day, everybody pissed, great atmosphere. Everybody standing up to watch the game.

Somebody scored, I forget who but I'm assuming it was a Man U player, as shortly afterwards two lads who i'm utterly convinced were Liverpool supporters start singing "stand up if you hate Man U"

At which point the bloke next to me goes absolutely apoplectic with rage...obviously a Utd Fan! these two lads merrily carry on singing, the other guy has to be held back by two others, he's screaming and trying his best to fight through the crowd to get to them. Eventually he gets taken outside to calm down. The two singers cheer. Everybody's happy.
"No dont actually do it! Have some self re-cocking-spect"

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2017, 01:20:20 pm »
...asking my wife if I really needed to be at my daughters first birthday party at the in laws when she (my daughter) doesn't even know what's going on, because we're playing Fulham at home at the same time. In the dog house for weeks and it still gets mentioned now over 10 years on !! To be fair it wasn`t the brightest thing to question and I did feel guilty for even contemplating it as a decision

updating the congregation at my mates wedding with the derby score....and I was best man. His missus was not best pleased with me (I then added to the general theme by inviting a load of people to my room at the hotel that evening to watch the rugby world cup final...again, his missus wasn`t happy. He even turned up to watch it with us !!!). Not liverpool related but a little add on at the end of the same day.

"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2017, 01:51:23 pm »
Started early for me and my bro wearing Liverpool tops in talaca as a kid fighting mancs who had skin heads with a fringe in there vile United tops :o those was the days

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2017, 06:30:06 pm »
With my missus.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Poet

• He IS a poet! And he truly knows it! He's a new member; fresh fire from old ember. No idiot or fool, for he follows Liverpool. A CT gift from heaven! Well, actually, from 24/7...who's taller than 5' 11"!
  • Kopite
    • Sui-Juris
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2017, 07:04:18 pm »
Chelsea game a few years ago, sat amongst the home fans with my friend who's a blue. Celebrated the Stevie goal and stood up to applaud him off the field. Got a few frowns and looks of disdain.

Luckily those around me were mainly Kensington toffs.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.