Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4008130 times)

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread - Over 1000 Pages of Wisdom For Young Uns!
« Reply #41400 on: April 21, 2017, 08:33:26 pm »
My daughter Hannah got her dual citizenship a couple of weeks ago and today showed me her German ID card with 'place of birth' 'Liverpool' on it. (It was already cleared up in the 'Wools' thread that my kids are scousers but I'm a Wool)
It was relatively easy for her because she went to school here but I have to take 2 'idiot' exams first and get a translation of my divorce papers. Hannah is pressurising her idle father to get organised. Which I am slowly.

Hope you're all keeping well.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #41401 on: April 22, 2017, 11:30:42 am »
Hiya Mate just got my phone call from the hospital this morning my scan is on the 6th of May 10-30 am.

Nice to hear you're back on your feet Vic.
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #41402 on: April 22, 2017, 12:04:47 pm »
Just had a thought.

Leo's on the wagon , yes ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #41403 on: April 22, 2017, 02:49:06 pm »
Fortnight away then mate. Now you behave yourself until then so no all-nighters on the bevvy or anything else OK??  ::) ::) ::)

I will have to behave myself John mate I was a terrible patient they say I pulled the toilet out I tried to go walk about at night trying to find a way out, and so they tied me to my bed with leather straps I remember the straps but not pulling the toilet out, my memory is coming back slowly for the first 5 days after the operation I couldn't talk well not properly every thing I said was slurred so I have been told. The hospital is on the inland side of Valencia takes about an hour and a half to get there and they only speak Valenciano and they use the local Gypsies as security. The day I was told I could go home and loud cheering started I thought it was football on the tele until my son told me it was because I was going home, anyway I apologised and shook hands with the Gypsies, but I didn't know why, my son told me to. good news is my memory is coming back and I can talk properly now. this morning I had visits by the lads I used to train so that has helped me an awful lot. Im have to go back there on May 6th for my scan.

I would like to thank all the lads who were rooting for me,  I was told that there was a page on RAWK with best wishes for me from the lads on RAWK once again THANK YOU lads
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:56:29 pm by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #41404 on: April 23, 2017, 01:27:48 pm »
Yer little villain - bet they were glad to see you out of there. Sounding MUCH more like the fella me and Stan shared a very pleasant evening with back in December at the Saddle Club. . . . .

No more wrecking stuff you hear??
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:13:37 am by JohnnoWhite »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #41405 on: April 26, 2017, 09:38:39 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39713396 Better late than never eh Leo.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41406 on: April 27, 2017, 02:24:35 am »

Do you think it's about time we all spoke about vaccines then ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #41407 on: April 28, 2017, 02:36:14 pm »
Oi Vic.

Chatting with me cousin Tony today who was pally with Ron Yeats at the time.  He lived next door to Dr. Reeds on Priory Rd around 1964.

Anyroad, he was on his way to a date when he noticed Shanks outside the office.  Shanks recognized him and said he was waiting for Karen to come out.  Shanks chewed his ear off for an hour about the postponed match against Cologne and how he was suspicious that they might try to use a Brazilian GK disguised as their shite one. 

Apparently we won the match on a coin flip.

Fuckinell!

Tony thinks Dr. Reed become LFC's first team doctor.

PS. The date forgave him.

23rd March 2015 2015
50 years on: Coin toss downs Cologne

Today marks 50 years since Liverpool won an incredible European tie on the toss of a coin against Cologne.

It was an epic European Cup contest for Bill Shankly's men as, following three draws and even a postponement, nothing could separate the Reds and Cologne in March 1965.

Goals from Ian St John and Roger Hunt put Liverpool in the driving seat in the neutral venue of Feyenoord FC, Rotterdam - but Cologne came back to 2-2.

After 300 minutes of football, including another gruelling period of extra-time, the outcome was to be decided by the toss of a coin, and even then it wasn't as straightforward as people think.

Referee Robert Schaut from Belgium was the man at the centre of attention as Yeats and Cologne skipper Wolfgang Overath approached the centre circle.

Watch the video here »

Reflecting on the incident, Yeats said: "I got in first to the referee and said 'I'll have tails'. Lucky for me the referee said, 'OK. Liverpool tails, Cologne heads.'

"Up it went and it stuck in a divot. I said to the referee, 'Ref, you're going to have to retoss the coin'. And he went 'You're right, Mr Yeats.'

"I thought the German captain was going to hit him. He was going berserk because it was falling over on the heads. He picked it up, up it went again, and came down tails.

"We were coming off and who is standing there but Bill Shankly. I was first off the pitch and he went 'Well done, big man. I am proud of you. What did you pick?'

"I said 'I picked tails, boss'. I was waiting for the adulation but he just went 'I would have picked tails myself' and walked away."
Local reporter Horace Yates from the Liverpool Daily Post termed it 'the most amazing finish I have ever seen or am ever likely to see in football'. 

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/182336-50-years-on-coin-toss-downs-cologne
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 02:57:16 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #41408 on: April 30, 2017, 11:21:59 pm »
Oi Vic.

Chatting with me cousin Tony today who was pally with Ron Yeats at the time.  He lived next door to Dr. Reeds on Priory Rd around 1964.

Anyroad, he was on his way to a date when he noticed Shanks outside the office.  Shanks recognized him and said he was waiting for Karen to come out.  Shanks chewed his ear off for an hour about the postponed match against Cologne and how he was suspicious that they might try to use a Brazilian GK disguised as their shite one. 

Apparently we won the match on a coin flip.

Fuckinell!

Tony thinks Dr. Reed become LFC's first team doctor.

PS. The date forgave him.

23rd March 2015 2015
50 years on: Coin toss downs Cologne

Today marks 50 years since Liverpool won an incredible European tie on the toss of a coin against Cologne.

It was an epic European Cup contest for Bill Shankly's men as, following three draws and even a postponement, nothing could separate the Reds and Cologne in March 1965.

Goals from Ian St John and Roger Hunt put Liverpool in the driving seat in the neutral venue of Feyenoord FC, Rotterdam - but Cologne came back to 2-2.

After 300 minutes of football, including another gruelling period of extra-time, the outcome was to be decided by the toss of a coin, and even then it wasn't as straightforward as people think.

Referee Robert Schaut from Belgium was the man at the centre of attention as Yeats and Cologne skipper Wolfgang Overath approached the centre circle.

Watch the video here »

Reflecting on the incident, Yeats said: "I got in first to the referee and said 'I'll have tails'. Lucky for me the referee said, 'OK. Liverpool tails, Cologne heads.'

"Up it went and it stuck in a divot. I said to the referee, 'Ref, you're going to have to retoss the coin'. And he went 'You're right, Mr Yeats.'

"I thought the German captain was going to hit him. He was going berserk because it was falling over on the heads. He picked it up, up it went again, and came down tails.

"We were coming off and who is standing there but Bill Shankly. I was first off the pitch and he went 'Well done, big man. I am proud of you. What did you pick?'

"I said 'I picked tails, boss'. I was waiting for the adulation but he just went 'I would have picked tails myself' and walked away."
Local reporter Horace Yates from the Liverpool Daily Post termed it 'the most amazing finish I have ever seen or am ever likely to see in football'.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/182336-50-years-on-coin-toss-downs-cologne

that was a wednesday and on the Saturday we played Chelsea at Villa Park and beat them 2-0 and then played Leeds Utd and won the cup for the first time in our history, I was supposed to go to Wembley Shanks had given me tickets for me and my family, but on the Sunday before the team left to go to their hotel he asked me if I would do him a favour, I said certainly what do you want me to do he said stay here in the house, the police have warned me that our house could be broken into while we are away, so what could I say, I said of course and I had to watch the final on his tele
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Blood Evertonians! LOL.

Seems the GK was Anton Schumacher.  Shanks said he was shite, couldn't even make the squad at Academicals, he was sure a Brazilian ringer was coming in.

Maybe another psyche job, eh?

Kill the humourless

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
I ended up in Leo's last night. He's well and happy in life.

We touched on a few topics but the one that springs to mind is how we are being supressed by the system.

There's one or two on here that know exactly what they are up to.

You know who you are and you know what you are doing . Have a guess what ? It's going to come back one day and bit you on your arse .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
I ended up in Leo's last night. He's well and happy in life.

We touched on a few topics but the one that springs to mind is how we are being supressed by the system.

There's one or two on here that know exactly what they are up to.

You know who you are and you know what you are doing . Have a guess what ? It's going to come back one day and bit you on your arse .

Glad to hear Leo's in the pink Kesey mate.  Not sure who the barbed message is aimed at or in which thread these folks are wont to dwell but of course, I have my suspicions. But in the fullness of time etc etc as you say, we will see eh?
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
Glad to hear Leo's in the pink Kesey mate.  Not sure who the barbed message is aimed at or in which thread these folks are wont to dwell but of course, I have my suspicions. But in the fullness of time etc etc as you say, we will see eh?

It's aimed at people that know what they are doing .

;)

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
It's aimed at people that know what they are doing .

;)

Most revealing mate. . . .  I thought as much. ;-) ;-)

Give my best to one of the best will you please?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Eh up, had to let you lot know this... Channel 91 Freeview. They're showing Indoor League.

I'm sure you all remember that auld shite. Hilarious. They're playing Cheese Skittles. Never seen it in my life, it's basically throwing a lump of wood at skittles.

Everyone's got a ciggie in their face, including the babies. They're all rotten drunk and singing You'll never walk alone to the skittlers. Probably all in their best bib and tucker for telly, 70's gear, loads of aul people in their gear and scruffy kids running round. Well worth a watch if you get that channel.

The Kesey fella came and went, only here for the night, nice to see him. He gets around that lad. Didn't even realise he was coming, didn't read the posts in here. Lucky he messaged me, it showed up in my emails. Hardly ever come on the computer now, can't be arsed with it for some reason. oh well, off to Indoor League it.

IT's the final of the Arm Wrestling. The ref looks like he fell off a Porridge Box, kilt beard the works. According to Fiery Fred, the big final's between "the little coloured man" and the "old man of the sea." Got to go. The dollies in the frontless-backless mini frocks are just putting their pints and ciggies down to get the medals ready.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Just seen this. Thanks Doc. I did see him on about it. And I hate to say this, as I know some people like him. But Andy's got form, spoke out on Hillsborough after being booed at the memorial service. He first spoke out about the blood scandal when he was running for leader of the Labour Party. Never said a word about it when he was Health Secretary. Spent years working in health, speaks out when he's running for Mayor.

Shameless opportunists the lot of them. Don't mean to bring politics in here, but once Labour clear out after the next election, I'll be one of them getting off and never coming back. As for the blood scandal, there's a few MPs making the right noises. But not one of them will back an inquiry as it comes right back at all British Government's since Thatcher and Bill Clinton.

Blindman on a fast horse can see it, Bill Clinton's guilty as sin. I just can't get this thing what I'm doing finished. But if a mug like me can find all the evidence just armed with a laptop, make no mistake, everyone of them know what happened and they're keeping schtum. Meanwhile people are still dying at the rate of one a month, and this bollocks about compo is just eeking out until their all gone.

Bit more complicated than that, but it's plain to anyone that looks, Bill Clinton and Bayer are guilty, so are the NHS adminstrators that brought the blood in here. But business as usual, they're all protected while the victims are left with fuck all. Oh well, like we're always told, thank fuck we live in an open and honest democracy. We could be in some corrupt banana republic, eh.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Legacy Fan
Just seen this. Thanks Doc. I did see him on about it. And I hate to say this, as I know some people like him. But Andy's got form, spoke out on Hillsborough after being booed at the memorial service. He first spoke out about the blood scandal when he was running for leader of the Labour Party. Never said a word about it when he was Health Secretary. Spent years working in health, speaks out when he's running for Mayor.

Shameless opportunists the lot of them. Don't mean to bring politics in here, but once Labour clear out after the next election, I'll be one of them getting off and never coming back. As for the blood scandal, there's a few MPs making the right noises. But not one of them will back an inquiry as it comes right back at all British Government's since Thatcher and Bill Clinton.

Blindman on a fast horse can see it, Bill Clinton's guilty as sin. I just can't get this thing what I'm doing finished. But if a mug like me can find all the evidence just armed with a laptop, make no mistake, everyone of them know what happened and they're keeping schtum. Meanwhile people are still dying at the rate of one a month, and this bollocks about compo is just eeking out until their all gone.

Bit more complicated than that, but it's plain to anyone that looks, Bill Clinton and Bayer are guilty, so are the NHS adminstrators that brought the blood in here. But business as usual, they're all protected while the victims are left with fuck all. Oh well, like we're always told, thank fuck we live in an open and honest democracy. We could be in some corrupt banana republic, eh.

You've not lost it Leo - that ability to write posts with deep and insightful significance, laced through with well-chosen irony and always with bloody good humour. You are a breath of - at times slightly off-kilter but ever-refreshing air. Stay well brother!
« Last Edit: May 8, 2017, 11:13:16 am by JohnnoWhite »

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
If it wasn't for Andy Burnham we would not have had the Independent Report and the new Inquests.

That is a fact.

I won't say anymore as we have been requested not to talk politics in this thread.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
If it wasn't for Andy Burnham we would not have had the Independent Report and the new Inquests.

That is a fact.

I won't say anymore as we have been requested not to talk politics in this thread.
Like I said lad, I knew it would cause offence. That's why I noted it. But I don't appologise for it.

Theresa May offends me every time I see her, especially when lying with all impunity on the BBC. And I'm more than willing to discuss all I've said on all subjects on here for the last 5 years or so. As I stand by all I've said, including the truth on Andy Burnham. But as you said, this isn't the place for it.

In fact, RAWK isn't the place to air any opinions that don't toe the party line. That's why I barely come on here, any more. So, I certainly don't want to cause any waves in here. It's the only thread I still bother with. But I'm more than willing to discuss anything I've said, with anyone, including yourself. As, whether you like it or not, it's fact.

34000 people were deliberately poisoned in this country. It's fact. I've got the documents to show it. Mr Burnham has had access to them for years. He spoke up on the two occasions I mentioned.

He's not the only guilty MP. None of them are doing anything about it. There won't be a public inquiry as the guilty are being protected. But the poisoned people are not only being denied compo, but they're even having their  "benefits" cut, as they're too sick to work.

Them facts don't change just because you like Andy Burnham and what he done over Hillsborough. I also applaud Mr Burnham for what he done over Hillsborough. I also like the fact that he is talking up for the blood contamination victims.

It doesn't change the fact, that he could have done both a lot earlier. If you want to argue that point, send me a message, I'll send you proof of all I'm saying.

If I don't get back to you straight away, I might be busy else where. I'm going for my 3rd back to work assessment capability test in 2 years this week. Maybe they think I've grown a new liver. I don't know. But if Mr Burnham and all the other MPs that have buried the truth, had told the truth from the get go, I might still have a working liver and I could discuss it with you in the pub.

You're right. It doesn't belong in here. But as I said, I'm more than willing to say the exact same thing to anybody to their face, including Mr Burnham, as I have the proof to show what they've all done and the suffering they're still inflicting on ordinary people out of public view.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
I am not a lad!

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
I am not a lad!

He doth protest to much  ;)
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
I am not a lad!
Fact is, if Andy Burnham had spoke out earlier, the inquiry might have taken place earlier. If he'd spoken out earlier on the blood contamination, thousands of lives might have been saved.

More people were poisoned than normally go to Hillsborough. I lost two people there. I lost my liver and got cancer thanks to Bill Clinton. I won't be silenced by you or anybody else. But I don't come in here because, unfortunately, RAWK doesn't like the sort of truth I say.

So, I'm off now. But as I said, I'm more than willing to debate this with anybody. But obviously, it's a waste of time trying to talk to you as you don't see the point.... it's not about attacking one MP.

It's about the silence that comes over all MPs and how protect the system and themselves instead of the people. If that wasn't the case, inquiries would be held into the Blood Scandal and Orgreave right now.

Instead, nothing is said by MPs, the guilty are protected and ordinary people suffer for decades, like we did after Hillsborough, when the whole thing could have been stopped by a few of them telling the truth.

Sorry that offends you. But I hope you twig on to what I'm saying, as it's only when the public do twig on, and refuse to be lied to, that we eventually get some justice.

Right then, I'm off. But if you wish to continue this, send me a message. I'll send you proof of all I've said.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2017, 05:13:49 pm by John C »

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
Fact is, if Andy Burnham had spoke out earlier, the inquiry might have taken place earlier. If he'd spoken out earlier on the blood contamination, thousands of lives might have been saved.

More people were poisoned than normally go to Hillsborough. I lost two people there. I lost my liver and got cancer thanks to Bill Clinton. I won't be silenced by you or anybody else. But I don't come in here because, unfortunately, RAWK doesn't like the sort of truth I say.

So, I'm off now. But as I said, I'm more than willing to debate this with anybody. But obviously, it's a waste of time trying to talk to you as you don't see the point.... it's not about attacking one MP.

It's about the silence that comes over all MPs and how protect the system and themselves instead of the people. If that wasn't the case, inquiries would be held into the Blood Scandal and Orgreave right now.

Instead, nothing is said by MPs, the guilty are protected and ordinary people suffer for decades, like we did after Hillsborough, when the whole thing could have been stopped by a few of them telling the truth.

Sorry that offends you. But I hope you twig on to what I'm saying, as it's only when the public do twig on, and refuse to be lied to, that we eventually get some justice.

Right then, I'm off. But if you wish to continue this, send me a message. I'll send you proof of all I've said.

In what way am I an idiot?  I am a woman.  I was affected by Hillsborough and I personally thank Andy Burnham for all he has done.

I am not trying to silence you!  I have been following your posts on this issue for a long time.  I just wanted to say that I appreciate what Andy has done for me and my family regarding Hillsborough.

That's all.

I don't quite know what I have said or done to receive this outburst from you.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2017, 05:14:25 pm by John C »

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline inky2

• Legacy Fan
  • RED FOREVER
Blood Evertonians! LOL.

Seems the GK was Anton Schumacher.  Shanks said he was shite, couldn't even make the squad at Academicals, he was sure a Brazilian ringer was coming in.

Maybe another psyche job, eh?

Shortly after that game I met this German exchange student from Cologne and he said Schumacher was shite.
TRACUTHB  *****

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
I don't care if I get banned for this but here goes.

I am so angry.  I have been called an idiot?!!!  For what?  Thanking Andy Burnham for getting the job done.

I am sorry Fat Scouser - but I am not a fucking idiot.  You don't have the monopoly of suffering because of politicians.

On the 15 April 1989 I was at the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield.  I was there because my husband was in pen 3 and was crushed.  He was crushed so badly that to this day he is in pain.  In the years that followed I had to watch my husband suffer night after night, crying out, not just in pain but in anguish too.  He could never sleep.  Every night he had nightmares.  I had to watch this every single night,  until one day my brain shut down.  I couldn't take any more.  I spent 6 months in hospital because I couldn't take any more but apparently I am an idiot. 

I was at the service in 2009.  I heard Andy Burnham's speech and I saw his face.  He listened.  He heard and saw our pain.  He went to Gordon Brown, made our case and Gordon Brown listened.  OK we have not have full justice yet but my God we are a lot closer than we have ever been.

But I am an idiot.  Just because I am grateful that finally a politician got something done.  Words fail me they really do.  So Fat Scouser please don't send me any more pms - in fact just leave me alone.

i am not, and never have been an idiot.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
FWIW In Fowler We Trust I think there's been a slight misunderstanding over the term "I am not a lad" 
While its a statement of fact and entirely accurate in your case...You been a lady.   
I think FS believes he's talking to another grumpy auld bloke, who's getting grumpy over been called a Lad and therefore it may of been seen as a bit of an hostile / dismissive response .   

Listen Lad - I'm not a Lad
Here Mate - I aint your mate
Here's some advice kid - I aint a kid
Listen up Son - I'm not your Son

You two have far more in common than that which divides you So don't be reaching for that ignore button over a liitle misunderstanding / spat that wouldn't amount to much. If it didn't involve a subject so close to your hearts.

YNWA

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
I don't care if I get banned for this but here goes.

I am so angry.  I have been called an idiot?!!!  For what?  Thanking Andy Burnham for getting the job done.

I am sorry Fat Scouser - but I am not a fucking idiot.  You don't have the monopoly of suffering because of politicians.

On the 15 April 1989 I was at the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield.  I was there because my husband was in pen 3 and was crushed.  He was crushed so badly that to this day he is in pain.  In the years that followed I had to watch my husband suffer night after night, crying out, not just in pain but in anguish too.  He could never sleep.  Every night he had nightmares.  I had to watch this every single night,  until one day my brain shut down.  I couldn't take any more.  I spent 6 months in hospital because I couldn't take any more but apparently I am an idiot. 

I was at the service in 2009.  I heard Andy Burnham's speech and I saw his face.  He listened.  He heard and saw our pain.  He went to Gordon Brown, made our case and Gordon Brown listened.  OK we have not have full justice yet but my God we are a lot closer than we have ever been.

But I am an idiot.  Just because I am grateful that finally a politician got something done.  Words fail me they really do.  So Fat Scouser please don't send me any more pms - in fact just leave me alone.

i am not, and never have been an idiot.

That's a hell of a post. I'm sure it took some writing. Well done.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT

Amazing what you can right when your adrenaline is high.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
FWIW In Fowler We Trust I think there's been a slight misunderstanding over the term "I am not a lad" 
While its a statement of fact and entirely accurate in your case...You been a lady.   
I think FS believes he's talking to another grumpy auld bloke, who's getting grumpy over been called a Lad and therefore it may of been seen as a bit of an hostile / dismissive response .   

Listen Lad - I'm not a Lad
Here Mate - I aint your mate
Here's some advice kid - I aint a kid
Listen up Son - I'm not your Son

You two have far more in common than that which divides you So don't be reaching for that ignore button over a liitle misunderstanding / spat that wouldn't amount to much. If it didn't involve a subject so close to your hearts.

YNWA

Think my custom title kind of gives away my gender, as does my profile, and Fat Scouser has interacted with me before on here.

I was hurt and angry at being called an idiot.  Still am to be honest.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
Iam taking sides here... think about what Leo has gone through.  He's now connecting the dots and pointing things out to us and showing how the system fucks ( intentionally or not ) us . He is speaking his truth and from his heart too.

Listen to him . You never know . The nail that stands out us the first to be hit .

- Canny Farm proverb .

I've posted in the cancer thread already . There's a young Scouse lad called Sean Walsh from Clubmoor that has just healed his cancer .... the Big C .... by using Vitamins ., Vitamins! !!!

The same Canny Farm wisdom applies .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41430 on: May 11, 2017, 10:32:45 pm »
Amazing what you can right when your adrenaline is high.
I am not sure you have 'righted' a wrong here but an endocrinologist might have concerns about your effin' and Epinephrine.

Peace to both of you good people. :)

The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41431 on: May 20, 2017, 11:20:28 am »
Bottom of the page.☹️
When in Rome...

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #41432 on: May 20, 2017, 11:38:04 am »

Yes, not good.

Anyway, I was having a gander at the first crush thread (seems a bit like the older women you fancy one from a few years ago that got locked...) and my thoughts went back to the girl who featured in White Horses which I imagine a fair few of us back in '66-'67 sometimes watched and perhaps got a bit of a funny feeling, as it were.
I can certainly remember discussions at school amongst us around the time about her.
Anyway, I never knew or had possibly forgotten her name so had to google.
A bit of a sad story by the sounds of it, she died back in the 80's aged only 38, drugs & drink etc though it looks like she may went have gone on to appear in some dead dirty 'continental' type movies back in the late 60's or early 70's  that the Jacey in Clayton Square used to specialise in.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41433 on: May 22, 2017, 10:50:16 am »
Why would that take a lot to write?

I'm not really interested anyway. But I would be first to fight for her right to say what she thinks. She thinks I'm a prick. So be it. There's a long line. But the truth is a stubborn thing. And one thing I haven't done is moan about what happened to me. In fact, nobody would have known I was ill if it wasn't for the way I got ill. Then I thought it was my duty to tell everyone I could.

If it came off as whingeing, I can't be blamed for that. I done my best to explain what happened. I've always said how lucky I was to have an NHS to care for me. I stand by all I've said. But the last thing I want is proving right.

As for Mr Burnham, I said some would be offended. When the women said she was, I sent her a message trying to explain why I said what I said. All I can do, that and defend her right to call me all the things she wants. I hope it makes her feel better.

I certainly take no pleasure from knocking one of the few MPs that have stood up and done the right thing on both Hillsborough and the blood scandal. It's just a shame he took so long to do it. That might offend some. But the truth is a stubborn thing. Mr Burham had lots of other opportunities to speak out. He decided to when he'd been booed at the memorial, and was running for Labour Leader and Mayor of Manchester.

The result is what matters. If he brings the same one for the 34000 people that have been purposely poisoned, I'll buy him a pint and defend his right to speak out if I can. But right now, I'd rather let this lie as it doesn't belong in here. But when I'm pulled, I'll always stand my corner. And if I'm proved wrong, I'll apologise.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41434 on: May 31, 2017, 09:17:49 am »
Back to the top
When in Rome...

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #41435 on: June 1, 2017, 04:07:51 pm »
Back to the top
Good to see.

Sent using my shed Wifi

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41436 on: June 11, 2017, 12:33:54 am »
Rawk to shed, Rawk to shed. Are you receiving. Over.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #41437 on: June 11, 2017, 12:38:18 am »
Rawk to shed, Rawk to shed. Are you receiving. Over.

...Father Machree is waiting...

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41438 on: June 11, 2017, 02:26:08 am »
Which reminds me.
Many moons ago in the Late 70s my Mothers Uncle who was ex RAF lived on the old Ermine st on the Lincoln edge and In his shed he had a a radio with a huge aerial.
One day he tells me to listen to this broadcast and to come and tell him if it changes to a tune.
But "it's top secret" and I'm not to say anything because we don't want to scare the women folk.
So I'd have to remember the tune and then whistle the tune when I went in and he'd get the "secret message". 
So I sat there listening to random numbers for a bit then this tune comes on, so like a young James Bond I went running in whistled the tune and carried out my mission, without "scaring the women folk". 
Untill recently I never knew the name of the tune or what I was listening to but it turns out it's called The Lincolnshire Poacher https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGnIOz6WTw
 It also turns out my Great Uncle had a unseen sense of humour and was having me on the old bugger... Hook line and sinker for over 35 years. 
and like a good secret agent I never told anyone about it... untill now.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41439 on: June 11, 2017, 09:23:42 am »
Which reminds me.
Many moons ago in the Late 70s my Mothers Uncle who was ex RAF lived on the old Ermine st on the Lincoln edge and In his shed he had a a radio with a huge aerial.
One day he tells me to listen to this broadcast and to come and tell him if it changes to a tune.
But "it's top secret" and I'm not to say anything because we don't want to scare the women folk.
So I'd have to remember the tune and then whistle the tune when I went in and he'd get the "secret message". 
So I sat there listening to random numbers for a bit then this tune comes on, so like a young James Bond I went running in whistled the tune and carried out my mission, without "scaring the women folk". 
Untill recently I never knew the name of the tune or what I was listening to but it turns out it's called The Lincolnshire Poacher https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGnIOz6WTw
 It also turns out my Great Uncle had a unseen sense of humour and was having me on the old bugger... Hook line and sinker for over 35 years. 
and like a good secret agent I never told anyone about it... untill now.
Be careful now, loose lips....
NAKED BOOBERY