Author Topic: 2013 Europa League Final: Benfica v Chelsea  (Read 140467 times)

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
Wouldn't have minded Chelsea going to final and getting trashed there....but after reading their fans crap on Rafa and Suarez, they really don't deserve a day out in Amsterdam.

Here is me, taking a shot to 4 Basel goals tonight.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hope Basel do them, they've been solid throughout the competition and knocked out our conquerors Zenit.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Here is me, taking a shot to 4 Basel goals tonight.

Yep, though unfortunately theres not a chance they're getting through, they're average despite the hipster hype though may be able to get a decent result at home so Chelsea at least have to try in the 2nd leg.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
Re: 2013 Europa League Quarter Finals/Semis
« Reply #963 on: April 25, 2013, 05:27:00 pm »
I fancy Fenerbahce tonight.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
Going for Benfica + Chelsea.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Basel are actually a decent side, usually do well against English sides too.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Lineups for the night

Chelsea: Čech, Ivanović, Cole, Luiz, Terry, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Lampard, Hazard, Torres, Moses
SUBS: Turnbull, Cahill, Bertrand, Oscar, Mikel, Benayoun, Mata.

Basel: Sommer, Joo Ho, Degen, Dragovic, Schär, Die, Stocker, Frei, Salah, Elneny, Streller
SUBS: Vailati, Sauro, Steinhöfer, D.Degen, Díaz, Cabral, Zoua.

Benfica: Artur, Pereira, Garay, Jardel, Aimar, Matić, Gomes, Cardozo, John, Salvio, Melgarejo
SUBS: Lopes, Roderick, Martins, Gaitán, Urreta, Lima, Rodrigo.

Fenerbahçe: Demirel, Korkmaz, Yobo, Ziegler, Gönül, Topal, Meireles, Cristian, Sow, Kuyt, Webó
SUBS: Günok, İrtegün, Şahin, Krasić, Topuz, Uçan, Şentürk.

Come on Kuyt!

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Interesting from Rafa, probably putting Luiz in the midfield and loading bodies in there to hold Basel.

Plus, we got 5 former players in the two games.

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
Lineups for the night

Chelsea: Čech, Ivanović, Cole, Luiz, Terry, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Lampard, Hazard, Torres, Moses
SUBS: Turnbull, Cahill, Bertrand, Oscar, Mikel, Benayoun, Mata.

Basel: Sommer, Joo Ho, Degen, Dragovic, Schär, Die, Stocker, Frei, Salah, Elneny, Streller
SUBS: Vailati, Sauro, Steinhöfer, D.Degen, Díaz, Cabral, Zoua.

Benfica: Artur, Pereira, Garay, Jardel, Aimar, Matić, Gomes, Cardozo, John, Salvio, Melgarejo
SUBS: Lopes, Roderick, Martins, Gaitán, Urreta, Lima, Rodrigo.

Fenerbahçe: Demirel, Korkmaz, Yobo, Ziegler, Gönül, Topal, Meireles, Cristian, Sow, Kuyt, Webó
SUBS: Günok, İrtegün, Şahin, Krasić, Topuz, Uçan, Şentürk.

Come on Kuyt!

Benfica leaving 4 key players out of this game. Interesting how they seem to be giving much more attention to the portuguese league but still they are achieving great results in this Europa League.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Torres never looked happy in a red shirt? Stop talking bollocks, Lee Dixon. Maybe his last season he was a sulky bastard, but he still looked happier then then he does for this shower.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
Istanbul is rocking!

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
Torres never looked happy in a red shirt? Stop talking bollocks, Lee Dixon. Maybe his last season he was a sulky bastard, but he still looked happier then then he does for this shower.

I can't believe he said that.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
what  a cheap, tacky engerland, sun reading,  section the chelsea end looks!!
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
Federer in with the Basel fans tonight.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
He really said that? That's me being incredulous Mac not questioning you mate.

How do these c*nt's get paid for talking such shite.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan
Ivanović looks healthy despite his earlier suffering between Suárez' molars.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
Come on Basel! Smash these smug twats.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
1-0 Chelsea. Moses.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Those Chelsea fans sure know how to celebrate a goal sitting.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
Christ, the hapless Basel couldnt even hold out for 15mins!

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Chelsea score, Moses.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
The two Basel defenders split like the Red Sea for Moses there.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
He really said that? That's me being incredulous Mac not questioning you mate.

How do these c*nt's get paid for talking such shite.
Aye, that's exactly his words almost. He said he never smiles celebrating, and didn't seem to do it much either at Liverpool.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
weird trying to watch this.....want the manager to win but I want the team to lose  :o
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

• Legacy Fan
The two Basel defenders split like the Red Sea for Moses there.

I wonder he has stone iPads.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
What a hit that was.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Basel nearly equalize, deflected by a Chelsea player for a corner.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
Took 18 minutes for them to mention 'that incident'. Pathetic

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Fenerbache game's alright and there's no fuckin Chelsea c*nts there. ;D

Fener hit the bar,header by Sow.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

• Legacy Fan

Yeah, I was 5 minutes faster!

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
Nearly a great assist for Dirk but Fener hit the bar.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
And Dirk's having a good game,he crossed the ball for Sow's header,and Fener have just had a great chance to score,header straight at the keeper.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....

Hardly shocking to hear it.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
Still, its been done to death. Would be nice to not hear about it and enjoy 90 minutes of football, however thats not so easy when these lot are winning!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Still, its been done to death. Would be nice to not hear about it and enjoy 90 minutes of football, however thats not so easy when these lot are winning!

Given it's ITV and Ivanovic is on the pitch I'm surprised we haven't heard a whole lot more.

The goal has knocked them back a bit, Chelsea defending well.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Yer watching Chelsea and you expect to enjoy the football. ;D

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Been a good game, both teams look dangerous when they attack.

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan

Suppose I am asking for quite a bit!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Been a good game, both teams look dangerous when they attack.
I dislike Chelsea and their supporter's and have done since I got taken to the semi final at Villa park in 65,so unless we're playing them I give them a huge miss.

Plus it's hard to see Rafa with them.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Sow is having a great game,he's causing load's of trouble for Benfica.