Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 340541 times)

Offline craig_lfc1

• Anny Roader
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #1440 on: April 25, 2014, 06:12:18 pm »

I do not own it or work in there.

Pints and hot cakes all round if mad max owns it!!

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1441 on: April 25, 2014, 06:52:04 pm »
Pints and hot cakes all round if mad max owns it!!

I would if I did own the bar. ;D

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1442 on: April 25, 2014, 09:55:56 pm »
I still reckon he has shares, and he'll own them all by 2037...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1443 on: April 25, 2014, 10:31:36 pm »
Max is the grey haired lad standing at the corner of the bar in a suit and tie on his own waiting to be picked up by Vera Lynn
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #1444 on: April 25, 2014, 11:11:49 pm »
Was outside the other day at soho, concert square,  great when the weathers nice,  loads outside tables..

It's decent during the day isn't it. I think considering how much I avoid the place at night it surprises me its okay during the day even though obviously its not going to attract the same crowd at day compared to night.

Speaking of outside seeing as summer is nearing and the weather can occasionally be nice, what's everyone's favourite beer garden or place to drink outside in town?
Justice for the 97

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #1445 on: April 25, 2014, 11:35:54 pm »
Max is the grey haired lad standing at the corner of the bar in a suit and tie on his own waiting to be picked up by Vera Lynn

No chance. ;D

Do you drink in there?

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1446 on: April 25, 2014, 11:55:16 pm »
It's decent during the day isn't it. I think considering how much I avoid the place at night it surprises me its okay during the day even though obviously its not going to attract the same crowd at day compared to night.

Speaking of outside seeing as summer is nearing and the weather can occasionally be nice, what's everyone's favourite beer garden or place to drink outside in town?

The terrace at Matou is really nice - at the Pier Head - overlooks the Three Graces
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1447 on: April 26, 2014, 12:19:42 am »
Last time i was over, went to a place just off concert sq that were doing 1.60 pints of strongbow. It was on the corner, black front to it.

Anyway, needless to say I was fucking sloshed in there after a couple of hours.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1448 on: April 26, 2014, 08:34:19 am »
No chance. ;D

Do you drink in there?

Went there last night. Cheap drink. Won't be in again. That place is shit mate.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1449 on: April 26, 2014, 06:38:07 pm »

It's ok for a few cheap ales.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1450 on: April 26, 2014, 07:13:22 pm »
Anyone know what the score with the Jac's reopening is?
AHA!

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1451 on: April 26, 2014, 08:00:59 pm »
Anyone know how heaving the camp n furnace will be for the game tmro?
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1452 on: April 27, 2014, 09:17:56 am »
Anyone know how heaving the camp n furnace will be for the game tmro?

Me and a few mates had ear marked a few places to watch the last match of the season. This cropped up as did sound food and music (or whatever its called) on Duke Street. We thought they were a bit out of the box and we'd be able to get in. Couple of days later the Echo print a list of best places to watch football, these two were included. Apparently the Camp and Furnace has been heaving the last few matches.

Although it is massive so get there early enough and you should be OK.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1453 on: June 6, 2014, 02:40:12 pm »
Anyone heading to the Craft Beer Expo at the Camp and Furnace this weekend? I'm going to the session tonight after work and if it's half as good as last year it'll be a brilliant night. Apparently still a few tickets available for Sunday afternoon if anybody is at a loose end.

http://www.liverpoolcraftbeerexpo.com/

Offline Jase

• Legacy Fan
  • A Liverbird upon my chest.
« Reply #1454 on: June 6, 2014, 06:43:12 pm »
Anyone heading to the Craft Beer Expo at the Camp and Furnace this weekend? I'm going to the session tonight after work and if it's half as good as last year it'll be a brilliant night. Apparently still a few tickets available for Sunday afternoon if anybody is at a loose end.

http://www.liverpoolcraftbeerexpo.com/

I'm going tomorrow afternoon, will be interested to know how it is mate (If you're awake/alive by that point if that is!).
......and could he play!

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1455 on: June 7, 2014, 02:26:24 pm »
I'm going tomorrow afternoon, will be interested to know how it is mate (If you're awake/alive by that point if that is!).

I'm guessing you'll be there by now?? Anyway it's good, you'll have a great time. My head is very very sore today though, soooo many beers at silly strengths was always going to end this way.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1456 on: June 28, 2014, 12:20:38 pm »
Went to the Berry and Rye with another couple last night, was OK but didn't particularly see what the fuss is all about. For a Friday night the atmosphere was a little subdued, strikes me as the kind of place for couples more than anything. Would probably call in again but not in a particular hurry ! Wouldn't be on the list for a lads night out as I doubt they would let you in.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1457 on: June 29, 2014, 10:03:03 am »
Went to the Berry and Rye with another couple last night, was OK but didn't particularly see what the fuss is all about. For a Friday night the atmosphere was a little subdued, strikes me as the kind of place for couples more than anything. Would probably call in again but not in a particular hurry ! Wouldn't be on the list for a lads night out as I doubt they would let you in.

Thats the point of the place tho. Not somewhere where  you go an get off your face an chat up birds with the music that loud you cant hear yourself. Thank fuck there are places like that in town
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:00:54 pm by macca007 »

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #1458 on: July 7, 2014, 12:22:19 am »
Right lads me and a few mates heading to the City for a few days drinking trip ( escaping from the wifes and girlfriends ) looking for  place to watch the footie this Wednesday and any bars with good live music .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1459 on: July 7, 2014, 12:54:56 pm »

Tried here for the first time on Friday, was quite impressed. Oddly though as people have mentioned, you would struggle to know it was there - blacked out windows, no obvious signs. We tried the door which was closed and then opened by a doorman who asked how many was in our party. Waitress service was a decent touch, some nice drinks (bit pricey) and a mellow atmosphere.
Take your missus (or someone elses there)
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #1460 on: July 7, 2014, 02:57:55 pm »
Right lads me and a few mates heading to the City for a few days drinking trip ( escaping from the wifes and girlfriends ) looking for  place to watch the footie this Wednesday and any bars with good live music .

Id try Camp and Furnace for the footy should be a good atmosphere at their Fan Park. possibly the Bierkeller altho its a bit plastic for my liking depends on your mates

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
« Reply #1461 on: July 9, 2014, 01:17:17 am »
Cheers mate . Is that a long walk from say Mattew street . And there music there too . Basically we laid back beer drinkers and once a place isnt too formal we happy
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #1462 on: July 9, 2014, 08:13:13 am »
If your near Mathew street id say get a taxi

Offline Hanley93

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1463 on: July 29, 2014, 05:04:12 am »
Right lads, moving over to the UK from New Zealand next month, and will be in town for a week from the 22nd , will be in town for the City - Liverpool match, any recommendations for a pub with a cracking atmosphere that dpesn't mind a young Kiwi? Will be staying on Stanley Street so maybe something near there.

Bonus points for anything that has live music as well.  :wave :wave :wave

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1464 on: August 13, 2014, 01:04:36 pm »
Tried the Clove Hitch on Hope Street for the first time on Saturday. Very, very impressed - nice little beer garden and  plenty of decent ales to try. They are selling stuff from Liverpool Organic and loads of guest ales.

Also had a look at Fredericks which is next to the Phil on Hope Street, again - decent place, if the weather is good the barman happily brings your drinks out to save you getting up!

Absolutely love afternoon beers in town on a Saturday.  :D
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1465 on: August 13, 2014, 04:17:28 pm »
Tried the Clove Hitch on Hope Street for the first time on Saturday. Very, very impressed - nice little beer garden and  plenty of decent ales to try. They are selling stuff from Liverpool Organic and loads of guest ales.

Also had a look at Fredericks which is next to the Phil on Hope Street, again - decent place, if the weather is good the barman happily brings your drinks out to save you getting up!

Absolutely love afternoon beers in town on a Saturday.  :D

Heartily agree on all counts here. Both great places for beer and food - i especially enjoy daytime beers in the 23 Club (Clove Hitch) basement, it's got a Prague underground bar feel, once you're in there you can't tell what time of day it is and the hours fly by.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1466 on: August 14, 2014, 09:30:05 am »
Any decent bars to go along with the mrs in town? Going out with another couple this sat and dont want to end up in the likes of igloo or any of the concert sq lot.

Got Shipping Forecast on the cards just after more of the same really.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1467 on: August 14, 2014, 11:59:32 am »

Kozy's is alright to start the day/night off in Town then head elsewhere.
#Sausages

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #1468 on: August 14, 2014, 02:57:17 pm »
Any decent bars to go along with the mrs in town? Going out with another couple this sat and dont want to end up in the likes of igloo or any of the concert sq lot.

Got Shipping Forecast on the cards just after more of the same really.

McGuffies on castle street is small quiet and chilled out if you want the complete opposite of the likes of Igloo. Hilton bar is good. Both expensive though even McGuffies is 4.50 a pint

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #1469 on: August 15, 2014, 12:45:39 am »
Can anyone recommend some places around town that would be good to take a very nice young lady to on a Friday night?

Girl from work I've liked for a while has made the awful decision to go for drinks with me tomorrow night, we wouldn't be getting into town until about 10:45ish due to working hours so anywhere that is reasonably chilled and quiet but open late so won't need to leave after a couple.

All suggestions will be immensely appreciated :)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: August 15, 2014, 12:52:34 am »
Berry and rye would be a good shout, if it's not too busy and you can get in.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: August 15, 2014, 08:49:59 am »

I can't think of anywhere that fits the bill better for what he's after.

Offline prenton01

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1472 on: August 15, 2014, 08:55:41 am »
Jennys bar take her there she will be very impressed and the cocktails are out of this world

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1473 on: August 15, 2014, 09:24:41 am »
I can't think of anywhere that fits the bill better for what he's after.

Thinking of going down there saturday, never been before though. Would 3 couples have any trouble getting in? & Is it true you need to knock first or something to get in?

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #1474 on: August 15, 2014, 10:32:18 am »

I've been thinking there but just about whether we'd be able to get in getting there around just before 11ish :/

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1475 on: August 15, 2014, 01:02:46 pm »
Thinking of going down there saturday, never been before though. Would 3 couples have any trouble getting in? & Is it true you need to knock first or something to get in?

It's tiny so the only problem would be if there was enough room. Yeah you need to knock on the door and the bouncer will open it and let you in, if you're 3 couples it won't be a problem if there's room. It's not marked at all it's just a black door on Berry Street.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1476 on: August 15, 2014, 01:55:01 pm »
It's tiny so the only problem would be if there was enough room. Yeah you need to knock on the door and the bouncer will open it and let you in, if you're 3 couples it won't be a problem if there's room. It's not marked at all it's just a black door on Berry Street.

Cheers mate think i seen a pic of the door online so should be able to spot it. Just hope it's not busy wouldnt mind trying it out!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1477 on: August 16, 2014, 07:54:08 am »
Cheers mate think i seen a pic of the door online so should be able to spot it. Just hope it's not busy wouldnt mind trying it out!

You won't  regret it

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #1478 on: August 16, 2014, 01:45:10 pm »
I went to Berry & Rye for the first time on Thursday, the place is a little gem. Every cocktail I tried hit the spot. Good atmosphere and customers too. Table service was excellent
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1479 on: September 8, 2014, 12:00:32 pm »
Random one, but is there any ale houses/bars in town which will be showing the derby, that you can pre-book a table. Once upon a time the Flute & Firkin used to do it, but now its first come first served.

We are out with a mix of reds and blues (about five of us), and last time I got in the Rose & Crown for 11.15am and it was rammed.