Author Topic: The Liverpool Gig Thread  (Read 165587 times)

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Liverpool Gig Thread
« Reply #800 on: March 7, 2015, 10:40:32 am »
Got a ticket to see Circa Waves next month.

I see Paul McCartney is playing the Echo Arena in May as well.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #801 on: March 7, 2015, 02:38:41 pm »
Yeah it was brilliant.

I love it in there so much i'd turn up to pretty much anything (except a service, obviously!)

It was utterly surreal. The howling at the cathedral roof bit was almost primal. Some event  :)

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: March 7, 2015, 08:19:58 pm »
It was utterly surreal. The howling at the cathedral roof bit was almost primal. Some event  :)

That howling was brilliant, so surreal

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #803 on: March 26, 2015, 03:15:56 am »
anyone go? he's like fine wine isn't he (I saw him in Portland)

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #804 on: March 28, 2015, 04:29:17 pm »

Yes indeed, very enjoyable. Was so rammed I couldn't see much, basically listened from the bar. Still ace though.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #805 on: March 31, 2015, 05:13:34 pm »

Boss night
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: April 1, 2015, 01:30:16 pm »
Just looking to get some tickets for Drenge but its sold out, really need to buy tickets early doors. Missed Tuneyards due to being lazy as well

Offline Will (Mr)

• Neville, Neville ... banana or poo? The all new Mr Arscott...
  • Anny Roader
  • Done the treble
« Reply #807 on: April 2, 2015, 08:10:00 am »
(The English) Kaleidoscope at Leaf tonight - they apparently reformed in 2013 after having been away for 41 years. Only playing 2 gigs, the other one being in London I believe. Should be a treat

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: April 30, 2015, 07:31:47 pm »
James Holden at the kaz later, which is an outrageous gig for a school night. And Moon Duo also at the kaz on Monday.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: May 2, 2015, 07:48:26 am »
Saw James Holden both DJing and live, great electronic producer.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: May 7, 2015, 08:19:53 pm »
Got 4 floor tickets for Paul McCartney on 28th May selling for £130 (face value £135). Anyone fancies them let me know asap please :)
« Last Edit: May 7, 2015, 08:35:20 pm by koppitekop11 »
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: July 23, 2015, 11:33:50 am »
This thread has died on its arse in recent months, probably because sound city bagged most of the decent acts touring at the moment.

Anyway i have the following in the calendar for Liverpool music week.

17th Oct - Vetiver at Leaf
25th Oct - Health at the Kaz
27th Oct - Godspeed at Camp and Furnace

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #813 on: July 23, 2015, 03:29:59 pm »
Anybody know what became of The Dirty Rivers?  As far as I know, they disbanded just before Christmas 2013 and reformed as Serotonin - I've heard nothing of them since.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: July 24, 2015, 11:58:43 am »
Anybody know what became of The Dirty Rivers?  As far as I know, they disbanded just before Christmas 2013 and reformed as Serotonin - I've heard nothing of them since.

Most of them are in The Vryll Society now mate - check them out, good live band - like A Storm In Heaven era Verve playing at Woodstock. seen them three times and they've got better each time. Wasn't a fan of the Dirty Rivers to be honest but this new incarnation is miles better.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #815 on: July 25, 2015, 01:01:30 pm »
Most of them are in The Vryll Society now mate - check them out, good live band - like A Storm In Heaven era Verve playing at Woodstock. seen them three times and they've got better each time. Wasn't a fan of the Dirty Rivers to be honest but this new incarnation is miles better.

Nice one.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: July 27, 2015, 12:11:49 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/liverpool-music-week-2015-reveal-9732500

Josh T Pearson at the Kaz just announced for LMW - can't see when exactly anywhere online though. If he's half as good as the previous times i've seen him it'll be one of the gigs of the year.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: July 27, 2015, 12:40:58 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/liverpool-music-week-2015-reveal-9732500

Josh T Pearson at the Kaz just announced for LMW - can't see when exactly anywhere online though. If he's half as good as the previous times i've seen him it'll be one of the gigs of the year.

Yeah, funny as me and my mate were just discussing last week about what he was up to, haven't heard anything for a few years now.

Godspeed at Camp & Furnace is a must-see for me, never caught them live before.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: July 27, 2015, 01:25:15 pm »
He certainly isn't prolific but i am hoping he's touring some new stuff and perhaps there's a new album on the cards.

Godspeed will be awesome - just like Mogwai were last year in the same place.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #819 on: July 30, 2015, 04:22:15 pm »
Euros Childs is back at Leaf in October for anyone interested, he was brilliant when he played there last year.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #820 on: August 21, 2015, 11:41:33 pm »
Unfortunately, now I've moved back home after 6 years in Liverpool, I won't be browsing this thread as often, but just came in to say:  If anyone likes some alt-folk music and gravelly-voiced singer/songwriters, go see Ciaran Lavery in Leaf in October.

He's playing Derry the same week and I'm definitely not missing it, he's quality.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: September 9, 2015, 11:51:34 pm »
Spare Snare at Maguires on Renshaw St tonight was absolutely brilliant. Probably the best 5 quid I'll spend on a gig this year. Also Maguires is boss, great pizza and the ale is cheap

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: October 7, 2015, 08:32:46 pm »
Siena root at the o2 academy a week tonight with support.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: October 8, 2015, 10:10:07 am »
Euros Childs at Leaf tonight, seen him loads but still cannot wait.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: October 14, 2015, 01:46:39 pm »
Euros Childs at Leaf tonight, seen him loads but still cannot wait.

Was this one any good? I decided against it and then heard the session on Marc Riley and wished i'd gone.

Going to see Johnny Clash tonight at Evil Eye on Smithdown - they're a Clash coverband in the style of Johnny Cash, it should be interesting at least. I've never been to a gig at Evil Eye but i'm hoping they have another room somewhere as the bar is tiny.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: October 14, 2015, 04:48:20 pm »
Was this one any good? I decided against it and then heard the session on Marc Riley and wished i'd gone.

Yeah, really good, only a tenner too I think. I've seen him a few times now including another gig at Leaf a couple of years back, always a good night.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #826 on: October 14, 2015, 06:22:00 pm »
Girl Band playing The Buyers Club in Feb....looking forward to seeing the band and the venue....many a happy hour spent in there when it was the Picket
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: October 14, 2015, 06:37:51 pm »
Girl Band playing The Buyers Club in Feb....looking forward to seeing the band and the venue....many a happy hour spent in there when it was the Picket

Interesting that's the first i've heard of the buyers club, fingers crossed it fills the void that the closure of the kaz will leave. It's a great location, just need a decent space, get some good bands and to keep the ale cheap!

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: October 16, 2015, 02:17:51 pm »
Went to Sea legs last night in Leaf as part of the Liverpool Irish Festival and thought it was quality.

Never been to anything upstairs in Leaf before, nice venue but the big tables were taking up a lot of space. I feel old writing that

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: October 16, 2015, 03:02:48 pm »
Went to Sea legs last night in Leaf as part of the Liverpool Irish Festival and thought it was quality.

Never been to anything upstairs in Leaf before, nice venue but the big tables were taking up a lot of space. I feel old writing that

Nah mate being old would be sitting at one of the tables while the gigs on ;D

Been to a couple upstairs in Leaf, saw Lanterns on the Lake and almost blew my top as it was a free gig so most there were just chatting through them. May as well have gone home and listened to the record, at least then it's only the other half talking over it...

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #830 on: October 21, 2015, 11:58:36 am »
This is on tonight for anyone who lives in Liverpool ...

https://www.waterstones.com/events/an-evening-with-dave-haslam/liverpool

It’s impossible to imagine Liverpool if the Cavern, the Timepiece, Erics, the State, and Cream had never existed. We’d have to re-write the city’s past, present and future. Those venues, and others nationwide from Victorian music halls to the Marquee, from Hammersmith Palais to the Hacienda, and others in Liverpool - including the Jacaranda, Circus, and the Kazimier - all form part of Dave Haslam's definitive and captivating new book, 'Life After Dark: A History of British Nightclubs & Music Venues'.

Join Dave Haslam, with a panel including DJ Steve Proctor (the State), and Revo Ziganda (EVOL) and Marc Jones, co-founder of Medication. They’ll be discussing the value of venues, local and nationwide, past and present. Thoughts, memories and questions from the audience also very welcome, at this special event celebrating the history of great gigs and brilliant nights out.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: October 21, 2015, 03:10:02 pm »

It's a great venue for gigs but yeah, there's not much space with those long tables. Also, they need to sort the blinds out for the windows, in the summer it's almost like watching a gig in daylight or with the lights on which takes some getting used to.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #832 on: October 22, 2015, 02:01:06 am »

Did anyone ask them why it was like standing in a fucking torpedoed submarine when you went for a piss in The State?
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #833 on: October 22, 2015, 09:59:33 am »

Not heard about this - good news - always had a drink in the picket when on that side of town .

Has it opened / anyone been in yet , and is the bar still in the same place ?
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: October 26, 2015, 07:53:51 pm »
Godspeed You! Black Emperor tomorrow at C&F. Never seen them before, and genuinely thrilled/intrigued.

Offline Sir Afghan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: October 26, 2015, 10:32:03 pm »
Me too, I cannot wait! Almost as excited as I am for JTP at the Scandinavian church on Wednesday

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: October 27, 2015, 01:23:09 am »
Wish I was going to Godspeed. Seen Josh T Pearson before but I'd be up for that and all. Sadly already busy.

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: October 28, 2015, 06:57:07 pm »
GY!BE delivered an utterly mesmerising performance. Emotional and utterly euphoric in equal measure.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: October 28, 2015, 07:05:19 pm »
GY!BE delivered an utterly mesmerising performance. Emotional and utterly euphoric in equal measure.

*imagines jealously*

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: October 28, 2015, 07:24:26 pm »
*imagines jealously*
One thing I didn't really anticipate was how evocative the 16 mm projections were, and what they added to the show. Aside from Nine Inch Nails back in the day, I can't recall use of film combining with the music so well.