Author Topic: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership  (Read 346981 times)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership
« on: January 16, 2011, 04:57:37 pm »
When we bought these two, and I saw them play, I though this was the central defencive partnership of the future, and for years to come, now......

Wether the story of Agger turning up pissed to Hodgsons 2nd day in charge is true or not, I cant help but think the following;

They both have to go. Why Oddball, well i'll tell you?

Agger, as much as I love him, and think him and Skrtel, could have been the next Hansen and Lawrenson, the injury problems are really starting to concern me. When I saw The Greek coming on at half time today, I thought, and hands up how many others thought the same, Yes, Skrtels going off! And thats the other case in point. What the hell has happened to Martin? He is bullied, in the air, so easily that its getting embarrassing. Dont agree with me? Go check out the last few games. Look at who gets beat for goals to occur.

So we have a majority injury prone centre back, and one who seemingly cant win a header for toffee (no pun intended).

Due to being made unemployed, I had to turn off my ESPN and the Liverpool channel that came with it, so I cant comment, and have to ask the question. Are Wilson et al ready to step up, or do you thing ANY transfer priority is a centre back or two?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:00:38 pm by oddball2514 »
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 05:00:16 pm »
Wilson and Ayala are for the future, probably 2-3 seasons from now. Need a couple of CBs to cover till then.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Re: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 05:03:59 pm »
I think Daniel Agger is quality. You can't get rid of someone because they are injury prone, lets give the new docs a chance to sort him out. Did you notice that our defence went to shite when he went off?

Play the no nonsense Martin Kelly alongside him and there's your future.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Legendary

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm sorry Wayne. Please finish your cider.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:06:45 pm »
I think Daniel Agger is quality. You can't get rid of someone because they are injury prone, lets give the new docs a chance to sort him out. Did you notice that our defence went to shite when he went off?

We've given the doctors 5 months to sort him out. Who knows whether his "calcification" was legitimate or not, the but remains that he was out for 2-3 months and back for a few games and injured again.

Wilson and Kelly are the future and the way this season and our defence is heading, I don't see why they shouldn't have a chance now.
Every Kick. Every Half. Every Game. Every Year. Liverpool Football Club.

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 05:09:00 pm »
Skrtel needs composure, and a bit of time practicing set piece defending.  Agger is class, but he hardly ever plays. 

Offline B.Red

• Kopite
  • Pray to God but row away from the rocks!
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 05:09:29 pm »
When we bought these two, and I saw them play, I though this was the central defencive partnership of the future, and for years to come, now......

Wether the story of Agger turning up pissed to Hodgsons 2nd day in charge is true or not, I cant help but think the following;

They both have to go. Why Oddball, well i'll tell you?

Agger, as much as I love him, and think him and Skrtel, could have been the next Hansen and Lawrenson, the injury problems are really starting to concern me. When I saw The Greek coming on at half time today, I thought, and hands up how many others thought the same, Yes, Skrtels going off! And thats the other case in point. What the hell has happened to Martin? He is bullied, in the air, so easily that its getting embarrassing. Dont agree with me? Go check out the last few games. Look at who gets beat for goals to occur.

So we have a majority injury prone centre back, and one who seemingly cant win a header for toffee (no pun intended).

Due to being made unemployed, I had to turn off my ESPN and the Liverpool channel that came with it, so I cant comment, and have to ask the question. Are Wilson et al ready to step up, or do you thing ANY transfer priority is a centre back or two?

Wilson could do a better job than Skrtel right now. I have patience with Agger. When he's good he's brilliant. Skrtel has never been  that.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 05:09:55 pm »
Wilson and Kelly is the future.

Not Ayala.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 05:11:10 pm »
Skrtel unfortunately seems to be cemented to the ground when he is defending these days.
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 05:11:29 pm »
We've given the doctors 5 months to sort him out. Who knows whether his "calcification" was legitimate or not, the but remains that he was out for 2-3 months and back for a few games and injured again.

Wilson and Kelly are the future and the way this season and our defence is heading, I don't see why they shouldn't have a chance now.

Our defence is horribly lacking a leader when Carra is out so it would be a bad idea to take experience out too. Kelly has the potential to be a great player and leader. I am all for blooding him into the centre back role, but it should be done with someone experienced alongside him.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 05:11:45 pm »

In my opinion, the centre back partnership is the most important on the pitch. If you have someone who is injury prone, you stop/start the pasrtnership all the time. Look at King and Woodgate. Perennially injured, and therefore cant be realied upon. Dont get me wrong, I rate Agger highly, but its now hitting the stage of where we cant realy on him. Im sure someone has the stats. But how many years has he been with us, and how many games payed in that time!?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 05:11:46 pm »
If Skrtel has a future, it's alongside Agger. Seems to calm him down. Alongside anyone else he goes to pieces. Bizarre.

Agger went off with illness rather than an injury today. If he's out for any length of time later this season though, I'd tend to agree with the OP. We need a regular partnership at the back and that needs Agger to stay fit, or for us to move on to someone who can.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline SheffieldRed

• Anny Roader
  • Question.
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 05:12:12 pm »
Ayala looked a lanky frightened lightweight when I saw him for pre-season last year. Has he improved drastically or something?
twitter @stevebruce99

Not related to the ex Manc punchbag-faced gimp.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 05:12:20 pm »
Well, whatever feelings people have about Skrtel at the moment, he's been a much much much better player for us in the past. Completely fair to say that he's playing as though he's got a concussion at the moment though.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:13:53 pm by Bob Loblaw »

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 05:13:28 pm »
And I don't see why Agger is getting stick for today. We were 1-0 up when he went off and looking like the only winners.

His attempted tackle on Taylor-Fletcher on Wednesday was pathetic though.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 05:14:21 pm »
If Skrtel has a future, it's alongside Agger. Seems to calm him down. Alongside anyone else he goes to pieces. Bizarre.

Agger went off with illness rather than an injury today. If he's out for any length of time later this season though, I'd tend to agree with the OP. We need a regular partnership at the back and that needs Agger to stay fit, or for us to move on to someone who can.

Was he off with a illness? Didnt know that. What was up with him?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:16:06 pm by oddball2514 »

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 05:14:58 pm »
I thought agger was ill and that's why he came off?  Totally agree with skirtle though, he hasn't lived up to expectations.
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 05:16:14 pm »
Skrtel is a shocking player for us now and Agger is always injuried plus non of them are leaders.

So this dream partnership is no more and if you want to look at the future then Wilson and Wisdom is the future partnership now.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 05:16:56 pm »
Anyone got big Sami's number?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 05:16:59 pm »
Not the prefered option for me but we dont have many options at present. I cant remember the last time i saw Skertel play well. Played a hand in the second goal today and seems to get worse rather than better.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 05:17:33 pm »
Was he off with a illness? Didnt know that. What was up with him?
He's had flu all week, I believe.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 05:17:49 pm »
Agger should be going nowhere. Nowhere at all. I can't express how fucking against him going I truly am. Skrtel on the other hand is nothing compared to the player we signed and I wouldn't be against selling him in the slightest.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 05:17:56 pm »
Of the centre backs, I think Soto should go. I think he's a hero but Wilson and Kelly are being denied chances to play centre back. I honestly don't know about Carragher any more. Keep Agger, get in Subotic or Cahill and let Skrtel decide if he wants to fight for his future.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 05:18:03 pm »
How about Kelly-Agger as our central defence for the rest of the season?

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 05:19:10 pm »

Meireles...

Offline 11 friends

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 05:19:20 pm »
Our biggest problem is that we`ve amassed a body of men whose attributes are only ONE of the following:
a)Those who are actually good at defending, but are poor footballers.
b)Those who know how to play a flat ball out of defence,but have no bite,awareness and positional skills.

Combine this all with heading deficiencies - then you `re asking for trouble.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 05:19:40 pm »

Ah right, thanks.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 05:19:57 pm »

Yep...

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 05:20:47 pm »

Glad to hear that...I thought the worst.

Offline Roslagen

• Legacy Fan
  • What I write is conspiracy nonsense
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 05:21:01 pm »

Well, if we buy a left back, then maybe.
Mourinho to Spurs when Redknapp leaves, was a discussion I had with a friend in the pub last night. Possible.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 05:21:51 pm »
Need to replace Skrtel. When is Carra back?

I would love to see Kelly moved into the CB position

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 05:22:08 pm »
I'd gladly let all of Carra, Skrtel and Soto go.

We need an aerially dominant centre half to partner Agger. I have no idea if that is Wilson or Ayala.

After watching Kelly today, I don't think aerially dominant would be how I describe him but it's a bit early to tell.

Tough choice.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 05:22:15 pm »
Agger should be going nowhere. Nowhere at all. I can't express how fucking against him going I truly am. Skrtel on the other hand is nothing compared to the player we signed and I wouldn't be against selling him in the slightest.
Samee, I was the same today until he went off with what I thought was yet another injury. Ive been told im wrong. If thats the case, than lets hope his injurys are behind hind him. If there not......back to what Ive said Im afraid.

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 05:23:35 pm »
Thought Skrtel was poor again today, for a big bloke he gets shrugged off the ball FAR too easily.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 05:24:07 pm »
JimmyRiceWriter Jimmy Rice
by JimBoardman
I just asked Dalglish about Agger's sickness. He said: "I knew he was sick because I went to the toilet after him."

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 05:24:09 pm »
I would try Wilson alongside Agger.The lad is a Scottish international who has played in Old Firm games , so he could handle the pressure.He also has played games in Europe for Rangers which would of give him more experience.Cant be any worse than what we saw today can it?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 05:24:29 pm »
Skrtel is a shocking player for us now and Agger is always injuried plus non of them are leaders.

So this dream partnership is no more and if you want to look at the future then Wilson and Wisdom is the future partnership now.

I think the myth about the number of games Agger has missed through injury needs putting to bed once and for all.

This is a list of the number of games in all competitions each player has played in or been on the bench for in the last two completed seasons 08-09 and 09-10.

Jamie Carragher........................109
Pepe Reina................................108
Dirk Kuyt....................................106
Lucas Leiva................................101
Steven Gerrard...........................95
Ryan Babel............................... .92
Daniel Agger...............................84
Martin Skrtel...............................74
Fernando Torres.........................73
Fabio Aurellio..............................65
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2011, 05:24:30 pm »
I'd like to see that, but we need a LB first.

Although I suspect as soon as Carragher is fit he'll be straight back in.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2011, 05:24:41 pm »
Samee, I was the same today until he went off with what I thought was yet another injury. Ive been told im wrong. If thats the case, than lets hope his injurys are behind hind him. If there not......back to what Ive said Im afraid.
Kenny said he knew Agger was sick at half time when he went into the toilet after him. He's a class act, when fit.

Offline singaporekopred

• Main Stander
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2011, 05:25:03 pm »
Agger can stay. Skrtel, on the other hand can go if there are offers. He was nowhere near the player he was in 2007 and 2008 and some of his defending were really criminal.

Offline scoresagain

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2011, 05:25:35 pm »
Whats happened to Aurelio?! Was he on the bench today?