Author Topic: Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.  (Read 48574 times)

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.
« on: May 4, 2013, 09:39:55 am »
Hi, I'd like to complain about one of your couriers who it appears has a taste for fiction.

He reported yesterday that a delivery was "refused", now to be perfectly honest I'm not always 100% there in the head but there's no way I'm going to refuse something I ordered, that'd just be silly.

I'll tell you what I think happened, now picture this (get a good mental image, to help you here's some character development; you're a van driver, probably overweight; mid-40s; suffering from a mild-severe personal hygiene issue; add to that you're a lying bastard); it's a Friday, on a bank holiday weekend and you only have to deliver one package in a certain part of your coverage area and it'll stop you from ending your shift early so you can go home; scratch your nuggets on the sofa and breath freely through your mouth whilst watching the horrible new catchphrase (what nutcase would remake catchphrase without Roy Walker, it's not good and it's not right) so you think "Fuck it", I'll just say the guy refused the delivery because he ordered a phone and not a box with a phone in it.

"Ooooo boy, I'd smash Mrs Chips' back doors in"

Thanks for being as useful as tits on a bull, Tony

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.
« Reply #1 on: May 4, 2013, 09:46:53 am »
I've had this happen twice with Yodel. I work from home some days so was definitely in all day, and was expecting two bags of dog food (15kg each) - both times I don't think the driver fancied carrying them to my door so all I got was a note telling me I wasn't in and I had to go and pick it up from their warehouse.

I won't order from anywhere that only has Yodel as a delivery option now.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #2 on: May 4, 2013, 09:54:28 am »

I work for a bed retailer who used to use Yodel for 50% of the deliveries, Needless to say about a year later we stopped using them. Words can't describe how poor they are. They also lost a very big contract with Amazon so they must be hurting and can't say I'm surprised.

Pheeny

« Reply #3 on: May 4, 2013, 10:04:11 am »
lol just realized who you are on Facebook now....

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #4 on: May 4, 2013, 10:06:53 am »
Had a set of golf clubs delivered by them. We wasn't in so they dumped them in my next doors porch which was open although they wasn't in.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 4, 2013, 10:07:32 am »
I work for a bed retailer who used to use Yodel for 50% of the deliveries, Needless to say about a year later we stopped using them. Words can't describe how poor they are. They also lost a very big contract with Amazon so they must be hurting and can't say I'm surprised.

I'd say a lot of it is down to their drivers being allowed to finish early if their round is done, which I suppose is fair enough, but it's too open for abuse.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 4, 2013, 10:08:19 am »
lol just realized who you are on Facebook now....

You're sharp on it Pheeny, only took you a year ;)

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 4, 2013, 12:56:53 pm »
Anyone used Hermes? Jesus they are bad!

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #8 on: May 4, 2013, 01:02:05 pm »
Yodel are a shambles. Tracked online it said 'tried delivery, person not home'. Why then, o dear fucking yodel did I not have a card through the door - it's because he didn't turn up isn't it? I refuse most places that use yodel, I just had to pray when using amazon.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9 on: May 4, 2013, 01:14:24 pm »
Any company that takes it's name from Only Fools and Horses must be used with stringent trepidation.
Continually on 11,420.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #11 on: May 4, 2013, 05:18:36 pm »
Yodel are SHITE.  End of.  :wanker
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 4, 2013, 06:14:41 pm »
As far as good couriers go, you cant beat DPD. Love the fact they text you a 1 hour window then they will be delivering.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.
« Reply #13 on: May 4, 2013, 06:22:11 pm »
As far as good couriers go, you cant beat DPD. Love the fact they text you a 1 hour window then they will be delivering.

In all fairness, DPD have their fair share of fuck ups.  These companies are only as good as their drivers, our local Hermes driver is sound, we've known him for years.  Yodel are fucking dire though.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #14 on: May 4, 2013, 06:58:50 pm »
Yodel are SHITE.  End of.  :wanker

High Praise indeed......  ;D
(link)
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews251651.html
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #15 on: May 4, 2013, 11:30:27 pm »
Pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #16 on: May 5, 2013, 01:20:38 am »
Watchdog did a show on yodel.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 5, 2013, 01:26:47 am »
Watchdog did a show on yodel.

I missed it on TV but indeed to watch online the one that Channel Four did on the industry in general - Dispatches - Secrets of Your Missing Mail

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #18 on: May 5, 2013, 01:49:58 am »
Anyone used Hermes? Jesus they are bad!
That's why I'm here. Yodel and Hermes. So easy to tell with Hermes because you can track your package. You see it say 'out for delivery' and you think "great it'll be here today". Come around 3pm and it says 'delivery failed - reattempt tomorrow". You just know someone wanted to go home early. The next day it turns up at 6pm. Good work.

I haven't used Yodel in ages but I think Hermes is the main delivery network for places like Asos and Amazon, I'm stuck with them.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2013, 01:51:33 am by Surprise me. »

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 6, 2013, 11:01:10 am »
got DPD delivering my phone on Wednesday, had the last few phones delivered by them too and they've always been sound. But for the first time my missus won't be in to take delivery so I'm hoping if I put a note on the door saying to deliver it to her office down the street that he will, better fucking had

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #20 on: May 6, 2013, 11:12:53 am »
got DPD delivering my phone on Wednesday, had the last few phones delivered by them too and they've always been sound. But for the first time my missus won't be in to take delivery so I'm hoping if I put a note on the door saying to deliver it to her office down the street that he will, better fucking had

I sold my home cinema and DPD delivered it for me. Had no problems with them.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 6, 2013, 12:34:20 pm »
I sold my home cinema and DPD delivered it for me. Had no problems with them.
you just know all this praising of them is going to be the kiss of death for my delivery on Wednesday ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 6, 2013, 01:59:34 pm »

My amazon stuff is always delivered by DPD and when they text saying it'll be coming tomorrow it gives you an option to reschedule or provide an alternate address, usually a neighbour. They've always been good though.

Offline Basil

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Yodel: Pack of lying bastards: The complaint.
« Reply #23 on: May 6, 2013, 02:56:26 pm »
Hermes are shit. Ordered some creatine and whey from myprotein. 2 day delivery that took them 3 weeks. Kept taking it out for delivery, post code error then back to depot despite the fact it was getting delivered to a bank in a fuck off shopping centre.
The ball drops and he just settles the world . Then that right foot hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes all gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a twenty year old Steven Gerrard and your younger self cheering him on throu

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 6, 2013, 07:02:11 pm »
My amazon stuff is always delivered by DPD and when they text saying it'll be coming tomorrow it gives you an option to reschedule or provide an alternate address, usually a neighbour. They've always been good though.
cheers Claire, that alternate address option will come in handy, save me blu-tacing a sign on the front door ;D

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #25 on: May 6, 2013, 08:49:15 pm »
Talking of lying bastards...

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770
Sign it now!
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 7, 2013, 09:51:13 am »
They are fucking terrible. Whenever they miss a delivery they don't even leave a card. And if they do, you can't even track the package online or re-arrange a delivery because the code never works! Best thing to do is contact them on Twitter, they're surprisingly helpful. But still a shit company all round, much rather still to Parcel Force and Collect+

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #27 on: May 7, 2013, 01:03:02 pm »
My sister was at home working in the front room, when she heard the sound of the letterbox.

Nipped round and found a note from shitty link saying she was out! Clearly he hadn't knocked.

She opened the door to try and catch the guy only to find him throwing her parcel (containing a tablet) over her 7ft high fence into her back garden.
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 7, 2013, 04:40:13 pm »
Still no phone today so I contacted Yodel again and I've been informed that the package is now back at the service centre and marked as 'return to sender' which means because of security I cannot request it be sent out again even though I was told this would be done automatically on Saturday.

So I've had to phone three different places (Yodel, who advised me to call Carphone Warehouse who in turn advised me to call Mobiles.co.uk) and I'm still not guaranteed to receive my phone tomorrow/this week.

The final twist in this saga? Yodel have just delivered a pair of trainers the missus ordered.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 9, 2013, 02:57:41 pm »
Phone came bang on time when DPD said they would in their text, missus was back in by then so not sure what they would have done if she wasn't but I've got it so happy days

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2013, 09:13:39 pm »
Ordered perfume from amazon around Christmas a few years ago and the delivery guy nicked it, complained to amazon and they sent it out again but with another company. I won't use companies who only use yodel these days, I'd prefer to pay more for a decent service.

Oh and I complained to watchdog who had them on the show again after that Christmas (for the second time). Seems like they're keen on changing their name when the press gets too bad.
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 10:15:34 pm »
theres a little known place in every town/city called a high street (or similar) they don't use Yodel and probably need the customers (and would be grateful for you to purchase something)

:wave

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 11:48:31 am »
I got a HTC one with unlimited calls and texts and a gb of data, paid £100 up front and it's £22 a month there on in. let me know the address of a shop that comes close

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2013, 11:54:07 am »
I've had 4 parcels go missing in the last month through Royal Mail, made several complaints but they're just not interested. A fifth parcel took 3 weeks to arrive with first class postage, the twats.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2013, 12:47:41 pm »
I got a HTC one with unlimited calls and texts and a gb of data, paid £100 up front and it's £22 a month there on in. let me know the address of a shop that comes close
you haven't had it yet though have you Harry ;)
Agree with you though I got the same phone for free but for 32 a month ,the shop in the high street wouldn't budge from the standard 37 a month
Lovely phone mate, you will be pleased if you ever manage to get it delivered :D

Offline lauz

• Looking for a talented pastie smasher. Apply within.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2013, 04:13:49 pm »

I'll reword it for you then

If you can get it on the high street buy it on the high street!

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2013, 04:23:21 pm »
theres a little known place in every town/city called a high street (or similar) they don't use Yodel and probably need the customers (and would be grateful for you to purchase something)

:wave

Thanks for that completely irrelevant post. 

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2013, 06:26:33 pm »
you haven't had it yet though have you Harry ;)
Agree with you though I got the same phone for free but for 32 a month ,the shop in the high street wouldn't budge from the standard 37 a month
Lovely phone mate, you will be pleased if you ever manage to get it delivered :D

Typed that last message and this one on it ;-) it's easily the best I've owned

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 01:55:09 pm »
Bastards they are. Been waiting all morning for a delivery then decide to go downstairs and they covertly slipped a 'we missed you' note in my letterbox, most of which was hanging on the outside. Didn't even knock, just left the note and fucked off, since I've been listening out all morning.

:no
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2013, 02:31:03 pm »
Bastards they are. Been waiting all morning for a delivery then decide to go downstairs and they covertly slipped a 'we missed you' note in my letterbox, most of which was hanging on the outside. Didn't even knock, just left the note and fucked off, since I've been listening out all morning.

:no

Favourite trick of the lazy bastard driver trying to knock off early. Had the same happen to me, absolutely shameful.