Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 31219 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: The People You Meet On Facebook
« Reply #200 on: March 4, 2013, 10:47:13 pm »
as she gets older then obviously she will be on the site proper so need to be on FB myself to spy on what's being said ,sneaky I know but has to be done mate ;)
Cheers for the info

But unless your daughter's page was left open to the public (which I assume you'd advise against) you wouldn't be able to check up on her I don't think?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: The People You Meet On Facebook
« Reply #201 on: March 4, 2013, 11:11:53 pm »
But unless your daughter's page was left open to the public (which I assume you'd advise against) you wouldn't be able to check up on her I don't think?
was thinking more for when she gets to the age that if she wants to have everything open to the public, because that's bound to happen ,then i can spy on her then. Sounding like a creepy dad here aint I :D

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
Re: Re: The People You Meet On Facebook
« Reply #202 on: March 4, 2013, 11:13:46 pm »
was thinking more for when she gets to the age that if she wants to have everything open to the public, because that's bound to happen ,then i can spy on her then. Sounding like a creepy dad here aint I :D
Depends though, she could have most the stuff hidden and only available to her friends.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Re: The People You Meet On Facebook
« Reply #203 on: March 4, 2013, 11:46:30 pm »
Depends though, she could have most the stuff hidden and only available to her friends.
sounding harder and harder this idea,i suppose if she doesn't have stuff hidden then anyone can see it so its a catch 22 situation

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 5, 2013, 10:19:00 am »
Not always as easy as that though is it?

Take that 4 pictures 1 word game was played by well over 50 friends on my timeline. Do you delete everyone that ever dare play a game on Facebook? That's as sad as playing the game really?

That game, as annoying as it is, is just the latest trend, it will be gone in a few months, but by the experts logic on here, you're down 50+ friends because they asked for help on a game. That's close friends, friends from school and university, relations, old friends in new places that you haven't seen in a long time deleted because they played a game.

Complaining about Facebook is sad enough but complaining about those complaining about Facebook is worse

Haha is it?

What about complaining about those complaining about those complaining about facebook?

If something winds me up to the extent that I feel the need to openly whinge about it then I'd take some action to resolve the issue.

Personally I have the ability to ignore most of the shit that comes up on facebook without feeling the need to whinge at others about it. My point was merely that if you are so offended or wound up by facebook then just don't use it or delete/hide the offending people. It really is that simple, its just facebook.

I don't care if I end up "down 50+ friends" because of it. I'll just go to the pub with my real life friends and drown my sorrows.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #205 on: March 5, 2013, 12:28:56 pm »
I'll just go to the pub with my real life friends and drown my sorrows.

Are you making it an open or closed event on Facebook?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 5, 2013, 12:42:13 pm »
The group is right. Me and my mates have one, initially it was to talk about fantasy football but it's just turned into a general group for us to rip eachother, organise piss ups etc. Completely secret, only those in the group can see and no one can search for it, someone in the group needs to send the link. You'd have to make sure it's a closed group though. To your other question, yes if you just join under an alias? But what's the point in joining if you're not going to add anyone you know? ;D
Yeah that's a boss things we do, sometimes we organize a spam on some pages to hijack it, funnier than you might think.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #207 on: March 5, 2013, 03:05:20 pm »
If you don't care what someone posts, why the fuck befriend them? You control whose posts you see, and if someone bores you, defriend them. Don't just sit on here whinging about it, because you don't have the bollocks to delete them from your Facebook.

It's all your own fault anyway. If you weren't such a boring bastard, you'd have more interesting friends.

:wellin
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 5, 2013, 06:05:17 pm »
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #209 on: March 6, 2013, 02:30:56 am »
 I think it all depends on how you use Facebook and why you use it .   
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #210 on: March 6, 2013, 05:25:16 am »
The Jobless Thinker :

A person who has never and shall never be employed in his/her life and feels the need to post shite at ridiculous times ( 1am - 8am ) when most of the employed are fast asleep so they will be ready for work the next morning. These people can come in a variety of forms a la A : The Political Analyst who believes in telling everyone about conspiracy theorys and how we are all drones and work for "the man" B. The Waster : This "tube" or "tubess" has also never worked a day in their life and has nothing really interesting to say or post other than random pictures of some shitty Lidl Microwaved meal.

This person is most likely on benefits of some sort and will spend most of their hard earned money on drugs and alcohol although they probably knifed someone in the street to get a smart phone and robbed the local shop to buy a laptop.....so as they could interact with the world in a new dawn of technology.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2013, 05:31:04 am by forrest1980 »
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #211 on: November 22, 2013, 06:03:42 pm »
Thought I'd blocked this guy, but Ian Brodie is still on my FB - Spouts racist shit EVERYDAY, and most of the time fake video linked stories about Muslims

Apparently I have 4 mutual friends (prob people I've added from here) - Anyway, blocked, although I thoght I did it befoere
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
Facebook
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2014, 06:51:21 am »
I have only just started using facebook.  Today, one of my facebook friends in Texas posted that her Grandmother has died.  A plethora of people have then "liked" it.  I actually spit my tea out over my computer screen.  Am I missing something here?
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Facebook
« Reply #213 on: September 22, 2014, 06:53:49 am »
It's probably assumed that liking a status like that is a small act of showing compassion - not actually liking the fact somebody lost a loved one.
I guess not liking it and writing a small comment would be more appropriate though.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #214 on: September 22, 2014, 06:55:10 am »
Texas Andy, not the sharpest there.

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #215 on: September 22, 2014, 07:19:17 am »
Texas Andy, not the sharpest there.

It's actually not the first example of such behaviour that I have seen.  One of my friends a while ago posted that his kid had had an accident, only for people to "like" it.  He wasn't from Texas (or America), he was from England.

OK, OK - QED.
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2014, 04:47:22 pm »
Most people "like" a status post to show that they have read it and in some cases as a mark of respect.

Offline TheUSSR

• Anny Roader
  • Trotyovskyi, CCCP GangWarfare, TSAR
« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2014, 05:05:03 pm »
On the topic of FaceBook I actually found some of our players on it and have spoken to them :)
Lazar Marković, Čačak, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2014, 05:06:11 pm »
On the topic of FaceBook I actually found some of our players on it and have spoken to them :)

Offline TheUSSR

• Anny Roader
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2014, 05:18:41 pm »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2014, 05:21:05 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FV8tciBFpCI?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FV8tciBFpCI?fs=1</a>
;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline TheHulk

• Kopite
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2014, 04:20:31 pm »

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than Ł35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2014, 01:27:58 am »
found myself constantly having my mobile in my hand and looking through facebook and twitter all the time

decided to deleate them both off me phone, find that i spend less time looking at me phone and more time concentrating on say the tv or a book or people i'm with.

Sir, the cash monies?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2014, 10:44:13 am »
found myself constantly having my mobile in my hand and looking through facebook and twitter all the time

Never seen the attraction of Twitter. Facebook I understand and look at on a daily basis.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2014, 10:54:38 am »
Twitter is brilliant on matchdays

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2014, 01:29:42 pm »
I deleted Facebook from my phone, as it was doing my head in and I spent too much time on it.

Left Twitter on, and what happens is someone posts something to both, and Twitter takes me to Facebook to look at whatever they're tweeting about. FFS.

I like Twitter a lot more as it's not all divvies you know boasting, it's divvies you don't know bitching about shit or posting interesting pics/articles. But I really wish I could fuck them both off and get a real life to be honest.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2014, 02:16:33 pm »
I deleted Facebook from my phone, as it was doing my head in and I spent too much time on it.

Left Twitter on, and what happens is someone posts something to both, and Twitter takes me to Facebook to look at whatever they're tweeting about. FFS.

I like Twitter a lot more as it's not all divvies you know boasting, it's divvies you don't know bitching about shit or posting interesting pics/articles. But I really wish I could fuck them both off and get a real life to be honest.

You just posted all of that on RAWK mate.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline TheUSSR

• Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2014, 05:34:50 pm »
You just posted all of that on RAWK mate.

RAWK is one of the most intelligent footballing forums out there.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2014, 05:37:30 pm »
The only reason I still have my Facebook is to arrange stuff with mates. Don't have it on my phone either because it's the most terribly made app in the history of the world. I save all the inane/football stuff for Twitter.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2014, 05:39:29 pm »
The only reason I still have my Facebook is to arrange stuff with mates. Don't have it on my phone either because it's the most terribly made app in the history of the world. I save all the inane football stuff for Twitter.

Yes. Yes you do ;)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2014, 05:39:39 pm »
Its great for making money on though. If you know the basic basics of affiliate marketing you can make some cashola real easy
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2014, 05:54:12 pm »
Yes. Yes you do ;)

Haha! I almost put a disclaimer in there as well, damn you.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2014, 11:49:32 pm »
Woman I know just put her naked sleeping 11 year old child on FB.

Is it just me or is that not right?

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2014, 11:52:53 pm »
RAWK is one of the most intelligent footballing forums out there.

You should know, you keep coming back. :)

But it does have its fair share of stupidity.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2014, 11:57:53 pm »
Woman I know just put her naked sleeping 11 year old child on FB.

Is it just me or is that not right?

Not right no not at all, but i need proof of here in the nip.
Y.N.W.A.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2014, 12:02:15 am »
Not right no not at all, but i need proof of here in the nip.

Haha. Sarge come on now!

Shes a bit of a dolt this woman but even this is new levels of thick

BTW I love thge openiong post. WelshRed so right about all of those types. 'The Baby' and 'Moaners' do my head in the most I think

But theres a guy on mine that is a mixture of 'The Constant update and the political person' That I shouldve deleted a while back. But hes so ridiculously annoying and up his own arse its worth watching

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2014, 12:03:57 am »
Haha. Sarge come on now!

Shes a bit of a dolt this woman but even this is new levels of thick

BTW I love thge openiong post. WelshRed so right about all of those types. 'The Baby' and 'Moaners' do my head in the most I think

Only taking the piss mate but on your question again, wrong.
Y.N.W.A.

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2014, 12:14:26 am »

Only taking the piss mate but on your question again, wrong.

Got school tomorrow. Cheers mum classmates have seen me au naturel, just the ticket that thanks

Parent licences needed. Said it for years

Jurgen Klopp

Online rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2014, 12:32:08 am »

And getting caught doing it, happened to a friend of my sisters, the bloke she was off with updated saying how much he had enjoyed rattling her, and of course he knew people who knew her boyfriend who then informed him. Best bit was they were fighting over it and he was saying how he knew she had done it, her denying it, came crying to my sister who said well you cant blame him when it was all over facebook, she stopped the whinging double quick with an 'I've got to go' ;D

Had something along these lines recently

So, A lad that goes my gym and whos mrs(ex now) worked with my mrs and a lad whos cousins are my best mates and I see regular. Both equally vague friends, but get on with none the less

The lad from the gym starts banging the other ones mrs, he finds out and is suitably enraged as youd imagine. But holy shit did the washing get done on facebook. Calling her a slag and him a c*nt, and the woman who was cheated on doing it worse. Every day, dirty laundry to embarrassing levels, making the whole thing worse for herself. The whole 9 yards. I watched from afar not knowing who it was whod been shagging her as he never said his name. But it was real popcorn stuff.

Until one day I get a PM off the lad who was cheated on

'How do you know Chris? hes the one that was fucking my mrs hes a c*nt, you shouldnt be knocking about with him' That was the gyst of it but it was a 10 part dossier on him and what had happened

So what do I do to appease this situation now? Both of them are on an equal footing with me. Dont really like one more than the other, so I deleted this Chris to keep the fella happy as he was raging. Now I have to walk past the fucker in the gym and have really awkward stares and conversations, cos he fucked some bird he shouldnt have thats got fuck all to do with me

Facebook for you right there

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #239 on: October 6, 2014, 02:37:52 pm »
http://app.thefacesoffacebook.com/

This website has "every facebook profile picture" on it.

Just click anywhere on the page and it bring it a select few and you can then pic a picture and get to their profile  :o
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks