Author Topic: Curry Thread  (Read 66572 times)

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
Curry Thread
« on: March 11, 2007, 12:23:08 am »
Are you into curry?  do you have any sneaky little recipes you would like to share?  I've been into curry for years now and quite into the blending of various spices and making my own pastes.  Do you have any little secret concoctions or recipes for cheeky little side dishes that you are prepared to share?

I must admit over the past two years I was provided with a contact that sends a basic curry paste (various recipes i.e. Phal, Madras, Jalfrezi etc) and it's turned me into a right lazy twat (Rafi Spice Box, under four notes for a curry that feeds four and available over the net).  I've even held dinner parties with the minimal of fuss on my part thanks to Rafi.  This all sounds like an advertisement, it's not meant to.  What I'm after is your own secret recipes or contacts for spices, blends, or idiosyncrosies that adds that little ole je ne sais qua to your curry nights.     
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
Re: Curry Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 12:23:45 am »
Saffron (Shapla) on Whitechapel. Nowt else...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 12:24:45 am »
Curry's are the best food you can have :lickin

Sorry no recipes to share, takeaways for me :P

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 12:28:33 am »
Are you into curry?  do you have any sneaky little recipes you would like to share?  I've been into curry for years now and quite into the blending of various spices and making my own pastes.  Do you have any little secret concoctions or recipes for cheeky little side dishes that you are prepared to share?

I must admit over the past two years I was provided with a contact that sends a basic curry paste (various recipes i.e. Phal, Madras, Jalfrezi etc) and it's turned me into a right lazy twat (Rafi Spice Box, under four notes for a curry that feeds four and available over the net).  I've even held dinner parties with the minimal of fuss on my part thanks to Rafi.  This all sounds like an advertisement, it's not meant to.  What I'm after is your own secret recipes or contacts for spices, blends, or idiosyncrosies that adds that little ole je ne sais qua to your curry nights.     

well you start by giving us your recipes
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline MattLFC08

• Forgetful nose poker-inner - Who Must Try Harder!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 Never Forgotten.
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 12:34:43 am »
 curry leaves, tamarind, coriander, ginger, garlic, chili, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin, fennel or anise seeds, fenugreek seeds, nutmeg, coconut, turmeric....
get this lot in a pot...    Plenty of chilli... and use coconut milk!!!

mmmm nice curry.
"As I come here to Liverpool and to Anfield I have drummed it into our players time and again, they are PRIVILEGED to play for you and if you did not believe me! Do You Believe Me Now?"

Bill Shankly (2 September 1913 – 29 September 1981)

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 12:36:59 am »
well you start by giving us your recipes

Fuck me.  Get down to Aldi, get a pack of chicken and get on the net to Rafi.  You'll probably need a tin of chopped tomatoes as well.  I told ya I've turned into a lazy twat.

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 12:56:23 am »
Fuck me.  Get down to Aldi, get a pack of chicken and get on the net to Rafi.  You'll probably need a tin of chopped tomatoes as well.  I told ya I've turned into a lazy twat.

lol

that site looks quite good.

have stuck it on favs

Do those "packs" come with ingredients, so you can then try to make your own ;)
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 01:10:37 am »
Strange, I was only talking about this recently. I know you're all going to hate me but despite loving the smell, I can't look at curry without thinking "Baby's nappies"  :puke
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 08:52:07 am »
lol

that site looks quite good.

have stuck it on favs

Do those "packs" come with ingredients, so you can then try to make your own ;)

Yes but the secret is in the paste and they wont give the recipe out.  If you order a curry you can request any strength depending on your taste and regardless of what type of curry.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 04:45:30 pm »
Best one I've had was last year with Raul in Old Delhi. Not a piece of cutlery in sight. A truly messy delight.

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 04:47:17 pm »
I fuckin love curry.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 04:55:09 pm »
I fuckin love curry.

Not much else to add...

Offline mark_lfc_forever

• Lost his Poostation now has an iPoone
  • Legacy Fan
    • ebay.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 04:56:08 pm »
Curry's are the best food you can have :lickin

Sorry no recipes to share, takeaways for me :P

ditto
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

PSN GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 05:07:20 pm »
Take one Gurkha, put in a locked kitchen with one goat and one kukhri, go and get pissed for a couple of hours. Easy and tasty.  ;)
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 05:09:23 pm »
Take one Gurkha, put in a locked kitchen with one goat and one kukhri, go and get pissed for a couple of hours. Easy and tasty.  ;)
The goat or the Gurkha?  :P

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 05:10:34 pm »
The goat or the Gurkha?  :P

A bit from column A, a bit from column B  :-X
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 06:29:35 pm »
I want one.
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 06:30:59 pm »
Check this link out for a few recipies, a bit of history on curry and how the British Army played its part by introducing it to our Islands.  you can also join in the Curry Day on the 19 Apr 07 and raise funds for the Army Benevolent Fund.

http://www.armybenfund.org/currylunchcurry.html

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 06:31:04 pm »
Not much else to add...

As long as it isnt a indian one

a chinky curry is spot on

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 06:32:16 pm »
Check this link out for a few recipies, a bit of history on curry and how the British Army played its part by introducing it to our Islands.  you can also join in the Curry Day on the 19 Apr 07 and raise funds for the Army Benevolent Fund.

http://www.armybenfund.org/currylunchcurry.html

Was going to ask if you'd seen about that. I'll have to see if our Johnnies are doing anything for it.

Offline Emlyn18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 06:33:22 pm »

As long as it isnt a indian one

a chinky curry is spot on

I love both but Indian curry is better.

My local Chinese does a cracking Chinese barbecue pork curry. ummmm

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 06:49:01 pm »
Best one I've had was last year with Raul in Old Delhi. Not a piece of cutlery in sight. A truly messy delight.

Did you have it with rice....?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline BIGdavalad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 06:50:15 pm »

Pat or Condoleeza?

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2007, 06:52:35 pm »
Pat or Condoleeza?

Paulo... or is it Pilau?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2007, 09:42:42 pm »
Of rice, I had nan.

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2007, 11:08:24 pm »
 ;D  look what I found..

http://www.hungrymonster.com/recipe/recipe-search.cfm?Course_vch=Curry&ttl=1733

I may try the Chicken tikka one.  :lickin  I love Chicken tikka
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2007, 11:18:16 pm »
Curry is my culture. As a Sikh Brit it has formed the staple of my diet for 21 years and counting. Every curry, dahl and thurrie you can think of has graced my taste buds. If you enjoy the takeaway "out of a box" curry then you should try the ones that are consumed on a daily basis.

In short, I'll ask my ma for some recipe's if anyones interested!
JFT97

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Unimaginative pisshead!!! +!!
  • Kopite
  • hat, cap, scarf or your banner??
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2007, 11:25:44 pm »
You don't know ypu've had curry till you've been to The place in Bradford (whose name I've forgotten) no cutlery no beer, just chapattis and fingers and loads of top stuff for about a blue note each!!

Top scoff not arf but wel hot!! Just like I like it!!!
Keegan to Smith to Keegan and Newcastle were undressed!!!!!
Wembley Stadium May 1974 - as a 12 year old flared, stack shoed Alsop Comp LFC diehard. The joy!!

Offline crownpaints

• Billy Lidl
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Merseyrail stinks of shit
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2007, 11:26:57 pm »
Tindaloo. Cos I'm solid.
Mighty Reds

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2007, 12:06:46 am »
You don't know ypu've had curry till you've been to India.

Feast like a king for about £2-3.

Oh, and if you want some tasty (genuinely indian) food, try and get hold of some sholay pathoray!

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2007, 12:09:25 am »
Feast like a king for about £2-3.

Oh, and if you want some tasty (genuinely indian) food, try and get hold of some sholay pathoray!

Sholay is a beautiful and simple dish - my ma makes it quite often. Who would have thought chick peas could be so tasty?

Has anyone tried Paneer sabjee? It's another great dish, especially with roti's.
JFT97

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2007, 12:50:24 am »
Curry is my culture. As a Sikh Brit it has formed the staple of my diet for 21 years and counting. Every curry, dahl and thurrie you can think of has graced my taste buds. If you enjoy the takeaway "out of a box" curry then you should try the ones that are consumed on a daily basis.

do it please

Offline Wilbur

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2007, 03:41:33 am »
If you are ever in Edinburgh, there is a restaurant called the Kukhuri with fantastic Nepalese curry.  I once spent a month working up there, and I had the stuff delivered to my room at the Hilton every night at 7:30PM on the dot.

When I got back home to Arizona, I weighed ten pounds more than when I left.

Fantastic.
Nineteen, we want nineteen.

Offline J££RARD

• Thai me up, Thai me down.
  • Legacy Fan
  • be nice or F.O.
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2007, 03:51:42 am »
Thais green curry  :wave
my twitter rant: @jeerard

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2007, 07:16:48 am »
Thais green curry  :wave
That is not technically a curry. :nirnir
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline kopbird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2007, 07:40:03 am »

I'm interested, I'd love to be able to make a decent bhuna if she has a recipe for that.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2007, 07:47:01 am »
Sigh.

Please read this book.

"Curry: A Tale of Cooks and Conquerors" by Lizzie Collingham

It will tell you various things along the following lines.

For us a curry is a dish/recipe with spices and a sauce.

Bhuna means roasted/fried.

Phal means fruit.

Balti means bucket.

There is no recipe called a Madras.

etc.

The curries we had James, were:

1.  Mutton ishtew (a bastardisation of the word stew)
2.  Mutton korma
3.  Brain curry

In addition to:

1.  Mutton burra kababs
2.  Mutton seekh kababs

Offline BSBW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2007, 08:10:31 am »
Sigh.

Please read this book.

Phal means fruit.

Balti means bucket.

etc.

2.  Mutton korma
3.  Brain curry

In addition to:

1.  Mutton burra kababs
2.  Mutton seekh kababs

Sod the names, get the recipes in here please

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 08:34:40 am »
Sigh.

Please read this book.

Phal means fruit.

Balti means bucket.

etc.

2.  Mutton korma
3.  Brain curry

In addition to:

1.  Mutton burra kababs
2.  Mutton seekh kababs

I had Mutton burra kababs once, except we run out of mutton, so dressed it as lamb.

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 08:49:46 am »

Two lamb bhunas please

Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.