Author Topic: Supernatural ITV1  (Read 6460 times)

Offline ElSheak

• Poster Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Royal Liverpool FC
Supernatural ITV1
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:15:11 pm »
Looks pretty cheese looking at it now, too American and lowbudget for its own good, but the women on the ceilling was quite good. Not sure if I can be arsed watching it all though. So why post you ask? Well I thought I'd start it so people could either hype it or slate it, after all it does have our Xabi starring, in one of the lead roles to.

What are peoples opinions?
"This very valuable asset..." No Tom. We are not an 'asset'. We are Liverpool Football Club.

Superlicious Istanbul 2005 poster – now available and seen here! (© Adrian Newell)

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You've just got to let them know you exist
Re: Supernatural ITV1
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 10:26:04 am »
Saw the first episode a while back and thought it was well made but not anything original. I'll stick a few on Sky+ to see how it develops. Still got Surface to watch, that looks intriguing.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

XBL: MisiuPysiu / PSN: PysiuMisiu
Gamestyle articles what I wrote.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 03:42:07 pm »
Watched the second episode last night, I like it, has anyone else seen it?

I don't think it's the best thing on tv, but it's probably the best thing on at 11pm on a Monday. Certainly helps the time pass while I'm waiting for Invasion to start.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 04:06:55 pm »
I watched 3 episodes last night, got 2 more for later, and I'm liking it, but I love shite like this... X-Files, Buffy, Angel, anything a bit 'odd' and i like it. It's a telly show, so you can let the crappy special effects slide and just watch it, and besides, I've seen far far worse on Buffy and The X-Files, so these look quite good in comparison :D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 2, 2006, 01:20:56 am »
Upto ep10 now, so yeah, I'm liking very much.

*if* you're scared of bugs, avoid episode 8 :wave

Pheeny

« Reply #5 on: February 8, 2007, 06:49:50 pm »
so is it worth downloading?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #6 on: February 8, 2007, 07:30:21 pm »
Yeah, give it a go. It's good popcorn entertainment, that requires no thinking.

It's about 14 episodes into the second season now, so you can watch a fair few in a row, which always helps me get into a show.

It's really case of if you like the two lead characters, you'll like the show, I think.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 7, 2007, 03:26:43 am »
Downloaded this myself, upto episode 21 of Series 1, good show for sure and has our very own Xabi on the show as someone else mentioned.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 7, 2007, 06:44:09 am »
This is going to a second season, isn't it?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 7, 2007, 09:30:19 am »
This is going to a second season, isn't it?

Already has, America are upto ep17 or 18 and the 2nd series started here ages ago, aswell.

Offline Ben_JP

• Where is my file?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 7, 2007, 09:41:14 am »
Already has, America are upto ep17 or 18 and the 2nd series started here ages ago, aswell.

:butt I shouldn't have skim-read the thread, see now a second season is mentioned twice. More inclined to watch the rest of season one now.

Offline driyo

• Legacy Fan
  • Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
« Reply #11 on: April 8, 2007, 10:40:53 am »
Anyone watched the last episode?

**Major spoilers** You are warned :D

Spoiler
With the werewolves? I thought it was a bit too sappy. It didn't help things either when Xabi started crying. I get the set up though. He needed to kill her because in the end (once a month) she's evil. And with him being potentially evil as well he needed to understand that this might happen to him someday. I don't get why they couldn't do a buffy though; sedate her and her lock her up once a month? They brushed this and other options aside too easily for my liking.
[close]
« Last Edit: April 8, 2007, 10:42:56 am by driyo »

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 11:43:47 pm »
I thought there'd be a thread lurking around for this somewhere.  I loved it, series 3 is coming out soon, can't wait.
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 06:40:06 pm »
Anyone caught any of Series 3?  I think it's brilliant, very good story line with that demon lass, don't know whether to trust her or not!
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline redeagle

• Kopite
  • This world is impermanent
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 10:19:44 pm »
Anyone caught any of Series 3?  I think it's brilliant, very good story line with that demon lass, don't know whether to trust her or not!

I'd do her some damage.
I like it!

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 11:29:29 pm »
Fuck yeah, and that bird Dean was trapped with the other night.  There's many a looker in that programme  :)

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 02:04:05 pm »

Dont trust her:  >:(
She is the daughter of the devil:

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 07:01:05 pm »
;D What's with the pic? 

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 09:50:46 pm »
;D What's with the pic? 

that is her dad in real life.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 12:44:10 pm »
Thought I'd resurrect this thread, its amazing how much this show has improved since its humble beginnings in early season 1, certainly one of the best US shows around at the moment and one of the very few shows I can ever thingk of where I haven't seen an ep since about the middle of season 1 which has been anything less than entertaining.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 10:47:38 am »
Have hardly watched this show after watching all of Season 1.

Jensen Ackles (Dean) is the sex!

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 10:51:10 am »
Supernaturals class! watched season 1 2 and 3 not so long ago and caught up with season 4 online. One of the best shows out there imo
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 06:24:31 pm »
Anyone still watch this? Absolutley love it. Watched it all about 18 months ago and watching it all over again at the min. Season 3, with Lauren Cohan and Katie Cassidy. Oh my god.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Mr Premier League

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 07:33:06 pm »
Everytime I've seen it I have been less than impressed. Poor acting, poor script and diabolical storytelling. It's the kind of thing I usually love but I just can't get into it at all. I get the impression they are making it up as they go along as well. It's a pity, I loved Buffy, but I was younger then so who knows...but its worth watching for the girls alone!
Join my Circus.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 07:33:31 pm »
Love the show ....

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 08:38:20 pm »
Everytime I've seen it I have been less than impressed. Poor acting, poor script and diabolical storytelling. It's the kind of thing I usually love but I just can't get into it at all. I get the impression they are making it up as they go along as well. It's a pity, I loved Buffy, but I was younger then so who knows...but its worth watching for the girls alone!
I think Jared and Jensen are quality actors to be honest. Can really feel brotherly chemistry between them.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 08:42:29 pm »
I like the two leads, but the ongoing plot was dragging and I lost interest after about 3 series.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 09:18:54 am »
Brilliant ep the last one.  Quite hilarious

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 05:02:53 am »
Just started to watch this show getting near the end of season 1 only 9 more seasons to watch to catch up enjoying it so far loving the references to Blue Oyster Cult.

Strange only decided to watch it after seeing the Supernatural Parody by The Hillywood Show.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tCZy8cAgBlM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tCZy8cAgBlM</a>

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:06:40 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2015, 10:34:43 am »
Its really good in a brainless way. Plus Dean is so fit.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 11:57:51 am »
It's shite.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2015, 03:25:02 pm »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 07:13:34 pm »
Maybe can call it a guilty pleasure but I love this show. Cant believe its been on 10  years.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2015, 07:34:53 pm »
Yeah I still watch it, not as good as it once was but still enjoyable.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2015, 09:35:25 pm »
Plus the song choices are brilliant come on Jefferson Airplanes White rabbit brilliant.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2015, 07:49:32 pm »
I'm enjoying right now up to season 4 like the way its going.

Just watching the monster movie episode filmed in Black and White with old style 30's Hollywood werewolves and Dracula.  good fun.

Oh the Mummy has just turned up  hopefully Frankenstein will appear.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IEnOc8o78yY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IEnOc8o78yY</a>
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:03:25 pm by Trada »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2015, 08:19:45 pm »
Dunno if anyone is interested but Jared Padalecki suffers from depression and anxiety.

http://www.eonline.com/news/679901/jared-padalecki-opens-up-about-his-struggle-with-anxiety-and-depression-i-m-not-alone

Got a campaign going

https://represent.com/jared

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2015, 03:34:36 am »
Starting season 5 now.

Love how they take the Micky out of themselves about the story lines, how they are a bit like other shows and the fans.

Wish I had watched it years ago Trace would have loved it.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2015, 05:36:31 am »
I love the quirky episodes like the one I just watched when they end up at the Supernatural convention and the fans explaining the plot lines to them.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 09:30:37 am »
The Missus loves this show (or more specifically the guy who plays Dean) so I've ended up watching it too,

Series 1-4 were great but in a more serious way, you could see what the Producers wanted; a 'freak of the week' concept all based around the idea that the urban legends we've all heard of are real. Some of it was genuinely scary (by my very feeble standards anyway) and it was all leading towards Yellow Eyes/Lucifer,

Since then it's become an entirely different thing. It's dropped dramatically in standards however they know it has so its almost become a parody of the show it originally was. The convention episode, the TV Show episode etc make fun of the show which is quite refreshing,

That said
Spoilers up until S9
Spoiler
they've both died and been brought back so many times that I really don't know how they'll end it properly.
[close]

As fun as it is to watch they surely can't have much more mileage left