Author Topic: FT - Leicester 3 vs Liverpool 1 (27' 60' Vardy; 39' D'water, 67' - Phil)  (Read 92699 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FT - Leicester 3 vs Liverpool 1 (27' 60' Vardy; 39' D'water, 67' - Phil)
« Reply #560 on: February 27, 2017, 10:43:45 pm »
There's a few on here who just whine and moan even when we're in a run of good form, then you usually don't see some of them in the HT/FT threads.

There's a few who will try and spin everything into a positive too. I think they're equally as bad as those who moan all the time.

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #561 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:12 pm »
Unless he's done an Adam Johnson I don't give a toss who is to blame.
Klopp obviously does. Enough said.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:24 pm »
Honestly, anyone that watched that game and thinks Mamadou Sakho is the answer needs to switch sports.

Hes not the answer to our problems, not by a long shot, but by fuck he wouldve improved us tonight. The other thing is you can never question his passion. He can make an absolute fucking balls up or two but I have never once been able to question his commitment on the pitch. You cant say the same about anyone but Woodburn that was out there tonight.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:26 pm »
That doesn't matter now they'll win UEFA cup

Absolutely no one left in it

apart from Roma maybe

Firstly, Rostov aren't that bad a side. Secondly, really? You actually believe that?

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:38 pm »
Our record since the turn of the year now reads Played 12, Won 2 (1 of them a replay against League 2 Plymouth), Drawn 4, Lost 6. From a title race and in both cups to that.

Off to watch The Walking Dead. A zombie apocalypse is much less depressing than that pathetic excuse for a Liverpool side. It's the first time in my life that there isn't a single player in our squad that I wouldn't mind seeing sold. 6th/7th place with no trophies beckons once again.

*Leans back and swings Lucille once round, lights up face with a shit-eating grin*

Well listen to this complaining bitch.

Yeah we were abject. This is no fun.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #565 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:39 pm »
Yes let's forget about Sakho. He's not coming back and he's not the answer.

I think the point most are making is that we would have better cover in defence than a 5' 11" Midfielder who hasn't had pace since his knees went back in 2000-and-something.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #566 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:39 pm »
Man of the Match? He's played one game for them against shite at home. Sakho only has himself to blame, fuck him.

yNwa, right?

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:40 pm »
Man of the Match? He's played one game for them against shite at home. Sakho only has himself to blame, fuck him.

I'd say Suarez did far worst. So did the likes of Cantona, etc

You don't cut your nose to spite your face. It was an idiotic decision.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:44 pm »
Lallana hasn't played well for a while now. 5 good months at the club gets you a bumper pay rise. Why even try.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:53 pm »
 :butt :butt :butt :butt :butt

Nuff said.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline benn25

• Finger licker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: February 27, 2017, 10:44:56 pm »
what we need is ruthless c*nt, an evil motherfucker...just a hard bastard, because we're just a bunch of fucking soft shites. I cant even name one player I would think twice about pissing off. Id slap em all...the fucking bitches. All the great teams had/have the 1 guy you just dont fuck around with and thats what we're missing imv.
We just leave them be for a while, take a breather, let them settle, then bang!  All over them like a tramp on chips.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #571 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:05 pm »
Forget Sakho. He's gone. What we haven't done is replace players with new players of adequate quality. We consistently buy players that are upper mid-table level and then wonder why we're constantly finishing in the Europa league spots. Time we upped the ante with recruitment more than anything else. There's literally one player that actually interests the top clubs and the more we surround that player with mid-table players, the more likely he is to leave.

The thing we miss most about Sakho was the fight.  He's a dick but he had the fight in him which made him twice the player.

Look around our squad. They were more concerned about their hair, dress-sense, teeth, tattoos and which Michelin restaurant they should go after losing to Leicester. I couldn't name one player who is feisty or wear the heart on his sleeves.

I want a player who would tear into you if you don't give 100%.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:15 pm »
There's a few who will try and spin everything into a positive too. I think they're equally as bad as those who moan all the time.

I'm hardly 100% positive on here 100% of the time, some of my posts in this very thread show that.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #573 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:21 pm »
Well that was an absolute shambles!

So much for the players giving it the big one pre match saying how much they know Leicester will be up for it so they need to raise their game. Bunch of losers. We saw the same things when we got twatted 6-1 by Stoke in at the end of the 14/15 season and half of that fuckin team are still here - Mignolet, Can, Lallana, Coutinho, Moreno, Lucas - all losers and massive bottlers. I mean for fuck sake how do we STILL have Lucas at CB and STILL play Emre Can at DCM or CB nearly two years after that shambolic season??! We're in the top 10 richest clubs in the world and we still have these players here letting us down time after time. I'm absolutely fuming. 

I really feel sorry for Klopp - he's inherited one of the most poorly assembled squads we've had in the past 20 years. Starting 11, yeah on our day they can match anyone, but behind that its absolutely pathetic. I cant wait for the summer, I really cant. I hope he fucks off another 13 players and brings in players who have a bit of heart, fight, bottle and strong mentality who can drive this club forward. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:47:22 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #574 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:49 pm »
Gutless, absolutely gutless performance.  That's now four games since the turn of the year against teams in the relegation zone and we've got one point from them.  We've also been outplayed and outfought in all of them. 

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:57 pm »
It's called opening your eyes, being realistic and seeing that if we continue like this, we will finish 6th. 

6th? 6th is looking ambitious.

What I don't understand now is this break. It looked a perfect way to get everyone the fuck together... to re-jig, re-realise, re-evaluate, and re-energise. But after 3 or 4 minutes... oh ok... it's going to be like that then. One fuck you tackle from Vardy on Mane (that he should have been yellowed for, but got no qualms with him not getting one) in the first minute and we just wimpered. Spineless.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: February 27, 2017, 10:45:58 pm »
Klopp needs some really good players.

We haven't got enough really good players.

At Dortmund he had a lot of really good players.

We should buy some really good players.

That's the top and bottom of it unfortunately.

Please don't take this the wrong way (anyone) but why would really good players want to join us? Imagine you had no connections to the club and ask yourself would you pick Liverpool.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:29 pm »
Absolute bollocks. Can was better than Allen last season, which is why he's still here. The reason Allen's not here is because Klopp decided that Wijnaldum would offer more. Can doesn't really come into it.
Was he really better than Allen last season? That's debatable. He sure as fuck doesn't look better now.
Fair point about getting Gini in though.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #578 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:34 pm »
Firstly, Rostov aren't that bad a side. Secondly, really? You actually believe that?

It's the way the seasons going. They're hard to beat now

There's something about tonight's loss though. Leicester been in turmoil our players off for two weeks in a hot country while we've been getting blown about by a storm

I dunno. I feel really more cheated than usual

It's beyond anger
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #579 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:38 pm »
I'm hardly 100% positive on here 100% of the time,

You usually are though...I see you as the Keith Chegwin of RAWK

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: February 27, 2017, 10:46:52 pm »
Please don't take this the wrong way (anyone) but why would really good players want to join us? Imagine you had no connections to the club and ask yourself would you pick Liverpool.

Mane? Coutinho? Firmino?

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #581 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:01 pm »
I think the point most are making is that we would have better cover in defence than a 5' 11" Midfielder who hasn't had pace since his knees went back in 2000-and-something.
I think everyone understands that point. But it's the wrong argument. Sakho is not here and for a reason. Move on.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:03 pm »
For the first time I really couldn't be arsed about our next match or anything afterwards. I've supported this club since I was a child, and will continue to do so for the rest of my life, but I can't expect anything positive from this group of players. Not with that mentality, not with that attitude and lack of application.

Two things shouldn't be happening
1. We shouldn't be out-worked by another side, let alone by a side in the bottom half
2. We shouldn't be out fought by another side, let alone by a side in the bottom half.

In football anything can happen, but for it to happen continiously against the same type of opposition, is a clear sign of what and who we are. Which is game raising c*nts. We show up in the big matches, we do well, we perform, we get our hopes up and then fail to do fuck all in the following match that's anything remotely similar to what we showed in the match prior.

Being outplayed is a part of football, but for a side and for a manager who is all about working and pressing, we should not be outworked like we were tonight. It's not the defeat that bothers me, again it happens in football, it's part of the game, but the way we lost, predictably in the same fashion we have all season for the last 7 years.

I think Klopp is the right manager for this club, but if you can't get this group of players to get it's shit together after a 14 day break, then you have to change things. You can't expect things to get better after having relegation form since the turn of the year, when it's not working against these types of sides. The form and the results we get against top sides is the best in the country, but that's only 5 or 6 sides in the league. There are 14 other clubs who are not on that level who get the better of us via the same way.

I don't want to hear anything form the manager about 12 cup finals, needing to believe, I don't want to hear anything from the players about team meetings, half-time discussions and rants, learning from our mistakes, being a contender for the title, for the top four, blah fucking blah until it actually starts showing on the pitch. Say fucking nothing because you're doing fucking nothing. Do your job, as individuals, as a unit and focus on improving things because this is pathetic. At this rate we will fail to achieve any of our set objectives for this season. The first half of the season was incredibly promising, but since January 2nd, we have been absolutely bog standard [tottenham and chelsea aside].

We can't string a run of two wins together. I get a feeling that some of our players are too comfortable, and taking things for granted playing for this club, showing up in matches when they're arsed.

I said before the match, before Ranieri's sacking. Anything but a win is not acceptable, no excuses what so ever.

Haven't been this disappointed since Stoke did us 6-0. We're on course to have a similar type of season if this don't change. And it's discouraging because we just had a 14 day break and couldn't get our shit together and got out-worked by a side who haven't scored in 5 matches.

Pathetic .

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #583 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:17 pm »
I have some thoughts. Firstly, that was a shameful performance by the lads in red. No workrate, poor attitude, poor movement both with and without the ball. What announced me most was that it was clear that Leicester wanted it more. Much, much more. We seemed to think that "we are Liverpool, give us the 3 points". But as we all know it doesn't work like that.

When you consistently perform in the big games but fall short in the run of the mill games, it's very much down to attitude. No doubt about it in my mind. You go down even 10 percent and you will struggle. It's as simple and hard as that.

We can keep City and Spurs to a minimum of chances, because everyone is up for it, everyone is 100 percent committed and focused on their task and job at hand. Then this happens. And Sunderland. And Bournemouth. And Swansea. Your commitment to your job slips a bit. Your focus wavers during the game. That's when you create problems for yourself. That's when you try something cute in the middle of the pitch and gives the other team a breakaway. That's when you fail to notice that run. That's when you fail to react to that loose ball in your box and the opponent gets there first and slots home. That's when you don't give a hundred percent. That's when you misplace that pass.

That's when you lose to the teams I've mentioned.

And that is fucking galling. Every game is about 3 points whoever you play. We can gush about being top of the top 6 table all we want. It means jack shit when you throw all that hard work away because you don't prepare yourself the right way mentally for the games that aren't glamorous. If you want to achieve things, to win the league, you need to beat the dross. We have 5 big teams apart from us. Then there are 14 others. You do the math.

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E!
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #584 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:21 pm »
Why continue to put high balls in the box when Huth, Morgan, Fuchs and Simpson we dealing with them....

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:21 pm »
Goalkeeper that's not been good enough since he came, that we got from shitty Sunderland
Left back who's actually an aging centre midfielder we got on a free
Right back who we got from mid table and is a decent player
Centre back who's a past it centre midfielder
Centre back who is decent, that we got on a free

Midfielder who hasn't had a good game since Europa semis last year
Midfielder who we got from a team who were relegated
Midfielder who has been anonymous until this season, so we throw 450k a day contract at him halfway through his first good spell.

Attacker who is decent
Attacker who is sometimes amazing and sometimes woeful
Attacker who is decent, again from mid table.

I'm being OTT on purpose cos I'm so fucked off its rant online to strangers or go put a cat in a bin, but for fuck sake. We've problems left right and center and instead of fixing it we buy shiny overpriced things we didn't need in the first place.
What a fucking joke.

Than again, put Henderson plus a couple of really top class players on that team, and you get a Premier League winning team. Our team is not bad. It only lacks true leaders. That can be solved in a single transfer window.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #586 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:31 pm »
Carra ''Lukaku needs to be careful, one thing Lukaku doesn't want to do is become an Everton legend'']] ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #587 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:39 pm »
It's 2017. And Lucas Leiva is still playing for Liverpool.

Honestly, you might as well pluck someone from the crowd and give them a game. Just awe-inspiringly bad. Again. Literally any other option is better now, literally any. Bogdan. Not sure how many times we have to see him stink the place up, but surely that's enough now. They were always going to get a major boost anyway to prove a point, and as usual we've been giving it two weeks of 'we're back, watch us go now' and there we go. But what a boost it must be for a striker like Vardy to know he'll be up against Lucas Leiva.

Sorry, but its staggeringly bad management from a fucking superb manager. Rafa had his blind spots too. Meh.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #588 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:43 pm »
Apart from when Mahrez walked past him! but I take your point and agree.
The shambles that it is only lets us all point out how many things are wrong with this team, weakness of the bench, no class striker, dodgy keepers, not enough CB's, milner playing as a winger, no holding midfielder with any class, clyne in a system that exposes his poor attacking play, no pace other than mane.
Oh I agree,  our bench was very weak tonight, but what gets me is how incredibly weak our players are mentally.  It's a theme that's been there through many managers. There's something inherently wrong mentally within the club.  I just can't put my finger on where

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:45 pm »
We just don't have the quality in the squad to compete at a high enough level consistently. Too many with a shit first touch, to many that don't have backbone to fight. No Leaders.

That was a bad team performance all over, waste of time singling anybody out, all off for no reason, they wanted the ball more and were hungry right till the end.

Shite mentality from us once again.

To compete next season we need to spend big. A proven goalscorer. A hard man midfielder. And break the bank for a class keeper.

Too many prima donnas.

ohh, and why the fuck when the ball is in the opponents half and we get a free kick we don't load the box and whip a ball in like every other team ? We do a quick sideways pass that ends up getting recycled along the back 4 and sideways again. Time after time. Get the ball in the fucking box for fucks sake..........and breath.

Gutted after what looked to be a promising season.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: February 27, 2017, 10:47:53 pm »
It's the way the seasons going. They're hard to beat now

They rely way too much on the donkey, take him out and they're average.

Offline Joe Public

• Main Stander
« Reply #591 on: February 27, 2017, 10:48:10 pm »
We could have been twatted 6-1 with him in the team again though.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: February 27, 2017, 10:48:16 pm »
I can't cope
With this much scope
For hope.
 :)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: February 27, 2017, 10:48:32 pm »
Why continue to put high balls in the box when Huth, Morgan, Fuchs and Simpson we dealing with them....

Because we don't have a coach on the pitch. Someone who will read and dictate the game.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #594 on: February 27, 2017, 10:48:37 pm »
They rely way too much on the donkey, take him out and they're average.

Well unfortunately he won't be out

Anyway fuck them
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #595 on: February 27, 2017, 10:48:53 pm »
I think everyone understands that point. But it's the wrong argument. Sakho is not here and for a reason. Move on.

Yes, very much true - it is a thinly veiled dig at the manager; but again, it's happened, it is moot.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #596 on: February 27, 2017, 10:48:59 pm »

That's a fair point.

It comes down to the persuasive powers of klopp and, more importantly, cold hard cash.

Success in this league is directly proportionate to outlay. Sad but true.

Offline Joe Public

• Main Stander
« Reply #597 on: February 27, 2017, 10:49:11 pm »
It's 2017. And Lucas Leiva is still playing for Liverpool.

Honestly, you might as well pluck someone from the crowd and give them a game. Just awe-inspiringly bad. Again. Literally any other option is better now, literally any. Bogdan. Not sure how many times we have to see him stink the place up, but surely that's enough now. They were always going to get a major boost anyway to prove a point, and as usual we've been giving it two weeks of 'we're back, watch us go now' and there we go. But what a boost it must be for a striker like Vardy to know he'll be up against Lucas Leiva.

Sorry, but its staggeringly bad management from a fucking superb manager. Rafa had his blind spots too. Meh.
Yeah, bet Harry Kane was licking his lips too. ::)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: February 27, 2017, 10:49:32 pm »

Offline JG6

• Anny Roader
« Reply #599 on: February 27, 2017, 10:49:52 pm »
Let's be brutally honest - half of this squad aren't good enough. Even the ones we like and rate, Matip for example, aren't anywhere near as good as we think they are. He has been shocking for weeks now, as has Coutinho and bar Spurs, Firmino. We love them and you'd think they are world beaters sometimes but they simply aren't as good as we think they are.

That runs right through the team, this squad once again needs £150m spent on it and it won't get it, and even if it did we're shopping from the bargain bin because we can't get top 4 to get top players in.

Liverpool football club, rinse and repeat.