Author Topic: Bettison.  (Read 9596 times)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
Bettison.
« on: November 17, 2016, 09:25:44 am »
Radio Merseyside at 12 o'clock today. Roger Phillips interview.

EDIT - Quoted in the OP for extra visibility.

Our team of Hillsborough researchers have been feeding relevant information to various journalists to ensure that "Sir" Norman Bettison is challenged on the fine detail. Some of the poor sods have actually read the 355 pages in order to highlight the inconsistencies and omissions. It' the omissions that are most telling, and they're best summarised in this piece:

https://neilwilby.com/2016/11/17/stories-untold-a-disaster-of-a-book/

Neil Wilby is a Yorkshire journalist with a long standing interest in SYP and Bettison, and he has been involved with the campaign for justice for a number of years. Please read his piece.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:10:52 pm by SP »
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Bettison.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 10:24:20 am »
Don't think Radio Mersyside should be giving him the air time.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 10:27:53 am »
Not gonna give him the time of day
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 10:34:02 am »
Hes on Sky news in a moment after this ad break.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 10:52:35 am »
Don't think Radio Mersyside should be giving him the air time.
Don't think for one minute that Phillips will give him an easy ride.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 10:56:54 am »
What a complete c*nt he is.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 10:59:09 am »
What a complete c*nt he is.
That is an insult to complete C*nts.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 12:17:02 pm »
I appreciate why it's here, but the only thread I'd like to see dedicated to that horrible twat would be inside a noose.
I like it.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 01:21:46 pm »
He was on newsnight last night as well, because he is flogging his book. To be fair Evan Davis laid in to him, showing plenty of exasperation at the twats claims to be guiltless. People like him are the worst, the ones who just cannot simply accept they did something horribly wrong.

Who the hell does he think wants to read his bloody book?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 01:34:39 pm »
Our team of Hillsborough researchers have been feeding relevant information to various journalists to ensure that "Sir" Norman Bettison is challenged on the fine detail. Some of the poor sods have actually read the 355 pages in order to highlight the inconsistencies and omissions. It' the omissions that are most telling, and they're best summarised in this piece:

Neil Wilby is a Yorkshire journalist with a long standing interest in SYP and Bettison, and he has been involved with the campaign for justice for a number of years. Please read his piece.

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 01:56:00 pm »
He was on newsnight last night as well, because he is flogging his book. To be fair Evan Davis laid in to him, showing plenty of exasperation at the twats claims to be guiltless. People like him are the worst, the ones who just cannot simply accept they did something horribly wrong.

Evan Davis made him out to be a complete and utter tosser.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 02:09:15 pm »
Refused to watch or listen to any of his interviews. Arsehole! Close down this thread please, he doesn't deserve any consideration.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 02:12:32 pm »
Refused to watch or listen to any of his interviews. Arsehole! Close down this thread please, he doesn't deserve any consideration.
To be honest, he's owned on the newsnight one.

It just makes him look like the slimy twat he is.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 02:16:37 pm »

Personally I am minded to keep the topic open. Not for any consideration of him, but because he is tarting himself around studios, and this topic is providing further dissemination of Neil's impressive demolition of the book.

Definitely avoid his smarmy mug, but as a site we won't fail to challenge his account. If he wants to continue in a futile attempt to launder his reputation, we can continue to drudge up his very murky past. It's not pleasant but it needs to be done.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 02:37:05 pm »
Wow! What an evil man he is. Just watched the news night interview that is in the link above. Have not seen or heard him in years. I tend to stay out of this
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 02:42:38 pm »
Neil Wilby's piece is excellent - if you're minded to come in here to tell us what a scumbag Bettison is, you're preaching to the converted. Share Neil's piece on social media instead

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 02:53:11 pm »
I never knew he was writing a book until the other day, and then saw he was up for an interview on Newsnight. There's got to be an issue surely about the timing of this book no?

I then saw many people saying that he shouldn't be given a platform etc. I think that's a very understandable position to take, but I'm remembering those same sentiments being made against the appearance of Nick Griffin on whether or not he should be allowed to answer questions and put forth his views on Question Time. He was totally taken apart in that debate, and shown up to be an utter sham. I actually felt embarrassed for him, which really suprised me - but it was toe curling. He was pushed out of his organisation pretty swiftly afterwards.

I think it's fair to say he was given a more rigourous time on the television than Radio Merseyside - never quite recovering from being shown to lie, or maybe rather, to wilfully escape the details of truth in that opening salvo.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 03:40:02 pm »
Giving him the chance to be taken to pieces by proper journalists, rather than a friendly chat, is the way to show the creep up for what he is.

Hopefully his pathetic attempt at self justification comes back to bite him on the arse.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 03:41:03 pm »
Neil Wilby's piece is excellent - if you're minded to come in here to tell us what a scumbag Bettison is, you're preaching to the converted. Share Neil's piece on social media instead

Spot on.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 04:33:50 pm »
Found the interview on merseyside wasn't challenging at all, almost an infomercial for his self serving view, people new to Hillsborough could gain a good impression of him.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 04:41:42 pm by Rattleduser »
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 04:55:53 pm »
Found the interview on merseyside wasn't challenging at all, almost an infomercial for his self serving view, people new to Hillsborough could gain a good impression of him.

Sad to hear that, I mean if you are going to let him on radio merseyside trying to make money and his twisted views aired he needs to get roasted.

Evan Davis didn't hold back much at all while staying professional and basically tore him apart on newsnight, pretty poor if they didn't do the same. 

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 05:10:55 pm »
Linked it on facebook, the horrible c*nt.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2016, 05:54:04 pm »

His grand kids! Seriously -he has dedicated it to them. That is sick
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 06:52:13 pm »

I may be wrong, but I'm recalling Roger Phillips fawning over him on Merseyside when he first became chief Constable here?
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2016, 06:58:43 pm »
Don't think for one minute that Phillips will give him an easy ride.
Seems I was wrong.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2016, 07:33:01 pm »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/norman-bettison-appeared-newsnight-roasting-12188558#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

For those who ain't seen the Newsnight clip & some reaction to it there too.

An excellent compendium by Neil Wilby it must be said.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 07:52:14 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2016, 07:40:08 pm »
I will not be lining the pocket of that slimy liar.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2016, 07:40:18 pm »
Never heard the interview on Merseyside but caught the end of the phone in...
Some bloke was on who was on the interviewing panel when he applied to
Be chief constable of Merseyside... One of the questions they asked Bettison
In that interview was 'what was your worst experience while being in the police'
Bettison's reply was 'forgetting my hat for a parade'

Bettison also claims he only wrote the book so people could hear his side... I take
It he won't be taking any of the money from its sales then ?

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2016, 07:45:19 pm »
Seems I was wrong.

Thought Roger was a disgrace today to be honest.

Clearly not intelligent enough and hadn't put anything like the research he should've done to challenge Bettison and ultimately ended in giving him an extremely easy ride.

Even with the callers after it seemed as though Bettison had won him over and he was actually sticking up for him. I'm all for somebody in his position staying impartial and playing devil's advocate but it went beyond that for me today. Seriously disappointed with Radio Merseyside after that.
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2016, 08:10:31 pm »
Thought Evan Davis was brilliant. Bettison was squirming.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2016, 08:22:47 pm »
Warning that Bettison may face criminal  charges so we need to be  a bit careful :(

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2016, 08:28:51 pm »
Poor Saint fucking Norman "even had his own statement changed" by the pesky SYP in a "lawyer led process". CH4 News earlier tonight.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 08:58:12 pm »
Warning that Bettison may face criminal  charges so we need to be  a bit careful :(

Shouldnt have wrote his book and whored it around, he can go fuck himself.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2016, 09:00:17 pm »
Shouldnt have wrote his book and whored it around, he can go fuck himself.

Sideways, with that book of his.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 09:17:54 pm »
Caught lying after 10 seconds on Newsnight.

Offline Kopendscorer

• Main Stander
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2016, 09:30:51 pm »
Is there any lawyer out there who can answer my question? In the Editors Note to Adrian Tempany's book, 'And The Sun Shines Now' (which, if you haven't read it, shame on you) it says advise was given not to publish and pospone or' Risk being in contempt of court' due to the Warrington Inquests.
Why has this excuse of a man, Bettison, been allowed to publish his self serving filth while the IPCC are considering evidence regarding the conduct of police officers and others?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2016, 09:33:16 pm »
Thought Roger was a disgrace today to be honest.

Clearly not intelligent enough and hadn't put anything like the research he should've done to challenge Bettison and ultimately ended in giving him an extremely easy ride.

Even with the callers after it seemed as though Bettison had won him over and he was actually sticking up for him. I'm all for somebody in his position staying impartial and playing devil's advocate but it went beyond that for me today. Seriously disappointed with Radio Merseyside after that.

Glad someone else has commented on the interviewer. I alluded to it earlier, but yes, thought he was pretty dissapointing to put it mildly. In fairness to him tho, I think he compered the phone-in's OK... there were a few points raised by callers and I think he was just trying to correct a few of the finer points raised by them, but it wasn't exactly satisfying radio from 'either side' I don't think. I expected much more. And a bit less heavy breathing.

I had a little look at Biteback publishers late last night. Interesting. An 'interesting' list of books they've published. A bundle of 5 books on Nigel Frottage anyone? The Left's Jewish problem... but there seems to be a mix, albeit carefully constructed? Would that be fair?.. but yes... 'interesting'. The MD of Biteback is Iain Dale, who also has a slot on LBC radio.

Just over 2 years ago, Dale wrote:

It has been five years since Biteback Publishing opened its doors. In that time we have consistently sought to publish books that have set the political agenda, and I truly believe we have established ourselves as one of the leading specialist independents in the country. We have published best-sellers by Anthony Seldon, Peter Sissons, Peter Hennessy, Ann Treneman, David Sainsbury, Damian McBride, Peter Hain and Andrew Adonis, among many others. We may be small but we are incredible noisy, exploiting excellent relations with the British press in order to secure often record serialisation deals and unparalleled media coverage. No lesser names than Charles Moore and Peter Oborne have proclaimed us Britain’s best political publisher, for which we are grateful and very proud, and it is a rare weekend you will open a Sunday newspaper and not find one of our books serialised, or reviewed, or providing inspiration for the cover splash. I have to say it has genuinely been a lot of fun, though hard work. We have made a lot of friends and put a few noises [sic?] out of joint along the way (nobody who has worked with us would describe us a shrinking violets) but we have enjoyed ourselves tremendously.
http://www.iaindale.com/posts/2014/07/02/biteback-publishing-is-five-years-old

I thought that was quite interesting.

The delight in having Charles Moore as a big fan was quite interesting too... Eton-Cambridge- Real Ale... Editor Sunday Telegraph, Thatcherite, anti BBC, nicknamed Lord Snooty in Private Eye, pro cannabis, pro porn. Interesting I thought. (I have Peter Cook's EL Wisty character saying the word 'interesting' ).

So when Bettison mentioned in an interview that he had decided to write a book, and approached a publisher about it, the publishers decided to publish it. That's interesting I thought. One approach to a publisher? A mere stroke of luck.

Shelagh Fogarty also interviewed Bettison today on the same LBC radio channel... can't find the full interview as yet, but there seems to be a bit more bite in her questions...

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/shelagh-fogarty/cop-hillsborough-cover-up-grilled-by-shelagh-book/

Could only find a clip on there... maybe the full interview will crop up soon.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 09:37:31 pm by Filler. »

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2016, 09:34:36 pm »
Is there any lawyer out there who can answer my question? In the Editors Note to Adrian Tempany's book, 'And The Sun Shines Now' (which, if you haven't read it, shame on you) it says advise was given not to publish and pospone or' Risk being in contempt of court' due to the Warrington Inquests.
Why has this excuse of a man, Bettison, been allowed to publish his self serving filth while the IPCC are considering evidence regarding the conduct of police officers and others?

I'd like to know that aswell. That's the bit I really want an answer to.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2016, 09:40:50 pm »
Good on Waterstones, they won't be stocking this c*nts book in Merseyside stores.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2016, 10:01:27 pm »

There was strong advice issued during the inquests. As the inquests have now completed, there is no risk of contempt as there are no active proceedings.

If the IPCC actually charge someone, we will all need to be wary again.

The Campaigners are generally being careful about what is said publicly. There is the distinct possibility of criminal charges for some of the perversions of justice. No one wants to prejudice the chances of that happening.