Author Topic: Which players are sound / Which are w***ers ??  (Read 10235 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: Which players are sound / Which are w***ers ??
« Reply #40 on: November 3, 2016, 10:31:25 am »
El Hadj Diouf.  Was out and about in Bolton and saw the dickhead driving round bolton in his pimped up jeep.  Leaning out the window, blasting his music, seeing if anyone noticed him.   It's fucking bolton like.

Surprising this. Always came across as a down to earth kind of chap when he played for us.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Nice one, Barney lad!

• Main Stander
  • Take me to your Klopp.
« Reply #41 on: November 3, 2016, 10:37:36 am »
Slater Sq 90s - Fowler, Macca, Babb and McAteer standing there one satdee night in a line. Took me ages to build up the bollocks to approach - was no melee but nothing over protective either.
McAteer read me like the weak-kneed fan I was and took a step forward to shake hands, have a chat. Left a very decent-bloke impression. The others just not interested but then again Group behaviour differs from single behaviour. 

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 3, 2016, 11:08:08 am »
How do you put kids names down to be a mascot and does anyone know what the waiting list is like?

Just wonder if it's worth putting my 18 month old down now if it'll take a few years. TIA.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 3, 2016, 11:19:27 am »
Appreciate this is largely about our boys but I saw Roy Keane in a pub near my house the other day and fuck me he was the absolute definition of someone I would absolutely NOT approach for a selfie.

Woah, weird! He always comes across so friendly and jovial on the telly.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 3, 2016, 11:19:53 am »
Appreciate this is largely about our boys but I saw Roy Keane in a pub near my house the other day and fuck me he was the absolute definition of someone I would absolutely NOT approach for a selfie.

He's famous for that. People would always approach him for pictures out in Cork where he's from while walking his dogs and he'd give them an earful.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #45 on: November 3, 2016, 11:29:28 am »
very briefly locked eyes. Absolutely FUCK ever doing that again.
It's like you've captured the man's soul in ten words.  We should've signed him.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 3, 2016, 11:38:07 am »
My missus told me he'd come in the pub so I had a wander round to see if it was deffo him [I thought at one point it was robbie keane from her slightly garbled interpretation], I eventually clocked him and very briefly locked eyes. Absolutely FUCK ever doing that again.

Fair fucks to Luis Garcia for ending his united career, braver man than I...

I take it you live near Alty mate?  He gets in the Orange Tree pub from time to time apparently.  Used to see the mad fucker walking his dogs around the leafy Altricham back roads on my way to occasionally dropping my missus off at work near Alty football ground.

I was sat in the seat directly behind him on an Air France flight out of Manchester for the Euro's semi's earlier this year.  You could see loads of people recognising Royston as they filed on the plane and every single person decided not to bother him.  Mr. Ferguson was on the adjacent row but they didn't utter one word, acknowledge each other or make eye contact.  All is most definitely not harmonious there and it's good too see. :)

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #47 on: November 3, 2016, 11:45:53 am »
The only thing I would say is that the likes or Firmino and possibly Coutinho might not have the best English to converse, so if she is after a chat or to spend some time with them, maybe it might be best to chose someone with a better grasp of the language, like Lucas or Lovren.

I'd go for her favourite player, Coutinho, and one of the English lads - either Sturridge or Lallana if she is meeting Henderson anyway.

If it's just for a photo, then I can't imagine many of them being dicks. I reckon Mane would be quite jovial.

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #48 on: November 3, 2016, 01:47:01 pm »
Brought me 10 year old to his first game (Hull) this year. Went for a quick bevy after and had to walk past the Annie road to get back to where the car was parked. Big crowd outside the railings waiting for the players to get to their cars. Hung around for a bit Karius, lallana, moreno, and a few others signed a few autographs at the railings. Emre came out and signed a good few. Mane came to the railings and kept signing autographs until everyone who wanted an autograph (mostly kids) was happy. He moved along the railings in no great hurry and had a few words with each of the kids as he signed (including me own lad who was chuffed) - thought it was pure class from Mane. He seemed liked a genuine  lad we cared about the fans.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #49 on: November 3, 2016, 03:40:10 pm »
yeah mate it was in the honey bee in wilmslow, him and his 3 kids. I honestly don't know anyone who has better exuded and air of 'leave me the fuck alone or else' than him. Saw people in the thread mentioning stevie being a bit dismissive coz of his level of fame and it's absolutely fair enough if he does. I'm not sure keane is the same level of fame as stevie, maybe he is, but I fucking guarantee less people pester Roy for a photo.

Did that used to go under an old name? Where abouts is it?

Seen Jim McDonald from Corrie round those parts too. He didn't so much have a look of 'dont talk to me', more a 'how dare you disgust me with your presence in my vicinity' kind of look.

Don't think he was an option for the matchday mascot to meet anyway though,  apologies for the diversion!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 3, 2016, 03:58:16 pm »
Did that used to go under an old name? Where abouts is it?

Seen Jim McDonald from Corrie round those parts too. He didn't so much have a look of 'dont talk to me', more a 'how dare you disgust me with your presence in my vicinity' kind of look.

Don't think he was an option for the matchday mascot to meet anyway though,  apologies for the diversion!

Your not wrong there Nick

My cousin used to valet and deliver cars for Range Rover in Knutsford and had to take Jim's Rangey back to him one day.

Apparently the guy is quite simply an obnoxious c*nt - So he is.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #51 on: November 3, 2016, 04:04:07 pm »
Your not wrong there Nick

My cousin used to valet and deliver cars for Range Rover in Knutsford and had to take Jim's Rangey back to him one day.

Apparently the guy is quite simply an obnoxious c*nt - So he is.

Sells sausages at a farmer's market there once a month now - so he does.

And Martin Plant sells cheese!

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 3, 2016, 04:15:51 pm »
Sells sausages at a farmer's market there once a month now - so he does.

And Martin Plant sells cheese!

Joking aside, I think Martin Platt has done really well out of cheese. He's quite the aficionado on the the stuff.

Jim's got his farm shop in Prestbury.  Proper footballers (and Noddy Holder) territory that is. I bet Wiggy Wayne buys most of Jim's bangers.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 3, 2016, 04:19:39 pm »
The honey bee is on the wilmslow to alty road mate, about  a mile before you get to the airport tunnels, and if you ever want to see that horrible cnut jim mcdonald whatever his name he has shop on prestbury high street he there lots, i met him too an been in his house {part my job same as kolo}
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 3, 2016, 04:23:27 pm »
It's just off the a538 on the way into wilmslow. Can't help but feel this thread is wandering a little off topic, but I've also seen Martin Platt selling cheese at wilmslow market before and I think the manc chirstmas markets.

SMELL MY CHEESE.

nah fuck it. The OP is gonna get his daughter to meet Lucas and Sturridge and she will have a great day coz all our players are great bunch of lads.

Lets now rename the thread to 'Ex Corrie wankers who own food stalls in Cheshire'

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #55 on: November 3, 2016, 07:31:54 pm »
This one...

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 4, 2016, 10:03:13 am »

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: November 4, 2016, 10:08:50 am »

Offline realoatsy

• Looking for wet work on Saturday
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #58 on: November 4, 2016, 10:13:10 am »
How do you put kids names down to be a mascot and does anyone know what the waiting list is like?

Just wonder if it's worth putting my 18 month old down now if it'll take a few years. TIA.

She was drawn out at random as she's a member of the Junior All reds and has been from shes no age as has my lad.

He was absolutely guttted that he didn't get picked..

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #59 on: November 4, 2016, 10:25:30 am »

I met Mark Walters at Marylebone station a few years ago. He seemed a bit of a twat to me.

Maybe I caught him on a bad day?

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 5, 2016, 05:03:10 am »
The worst has probably been Stevie G, but i completely understand - his level of fame is just massive, and if he stopped for one he'd been stuck all day just signing autographs and taking selfies.
Probably depends on the situation as well. Went to a training session back in 2014 at Princeton on the preseason tour. He made sure to get to every part of the stands where fans were sitting. He was one of the first to start signing autographs and last to leave, had a huge mob following him the whole way. Made time for everyone. Other players weren't so generous.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #61 on: November 5, 2016, 06:51:55 am »
Henderson signed my FIFA copy once, seems sound. Firmino looks like he'd be a nice guy to be around, and Moreno too

Some random historic ones I know of on this topic:I know somebody who used to walk the players to the coach/cars after the games. Says Hyypia used to be the best, he'd stay ages signing stuff for people and taking pictures, Reina was similar. Owen never stopped for anybody. Carragher was sound as was Kuyt. He told me a few more but can't remember right now. When he was walking the Barcelona team once, Rivaldo gave him a Barcelona pin with a little diamond thing (not a real diamond obv) in the middle of the badge, said he was really nice.
Your kidding?

As an adult, you walked up to another adult and asked him to sign his name on a game  ;D

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62 on: November 5, 2016, 07:26:51 am »
I knew Balotelli was a bit of weapon when the lad behind the bar at Vincent told me Balotelli turned up with his entourage right on closing with his entourage giving it the: "Do you know who this is"? speech. Lad said he replied: "Yeah I do, but this is me, wanting go home after work?". Anyway the boss let them in and the lad watched on as Balotelli ordered one shot and sipped it for a whole hour.

If you sip a shot you're a wanker. End of.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #63 on: November 5, 2016, 10:17:41 am »
I knew Balotelli was a bit of weapon when the lad behind the bar at Vincent told me Balotelli turned up with his entourage right on closing with his entourage giving it the: "Do you know who this is"? speech. Lad said he replied: "Yeah I do, but this is me, wanting go home after work?". Anyway the boss let them in and the lad watched on as Balotelli ordered one shot and sipped it for a whole hour.

If you sip a shot you're a wanker. End of.

Makes sense though when you think about it - usually took Mario about 10 goes at a shot before he'd score.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 5, 2016, 12:39:17 pm »
Your kidding?

As an adult, you walked up to another adult and asked him to sign his name on a game  ;D

Well he was doing a signing session and I was buying the game anyway so...
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #65 on: November 5, 2016, 01:47:30 pm »
Makes sense though when you think about it - usually took Mario about 10 goes at a shot before he'd score.

;D ;D ;D

Think the lad misunderstood what he was supposed to be practicing

Offline Pete1977LFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #66 on: November 5, 2016, 01:51:47 pm »
I think we have a nice bunch of players in general at the minute.  I can;t see any of them being anything but nice to the youngsters.

Great opportunity though. My kids would love that.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #67 on: November 5, 2016, 01:56:01 pm »
El Hadj Diouf.  Was out and about in Bolton and saw the dickhead driving round bolton in his pimped up jeep.  Leaning out the window, blasting his music, seeing if anyone noticed him.   It's fucking bolton like.

Was going to say him, what a wanker. Jim Beglin is sound as is Paul McGrath (Not LFC but just saying) Aldo is fucking mental and Houghton is ok i guess. Alan Kennedy is another nutter and Ron Yeats is sound too. Stan is sound and Molby is cool too.

If i can remember more i will say.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 5, 2016, 07:37:26 pm »
Your kidding?

I'm not sure which is worse as an adult, getting an autograph or buying a computer game.  ;)
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #69 on: November 5, 2016, 10:11:18 pm »
This is a surprisingly good and interesting thread.

Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 5, 2016, 10:20:21 pm »
I'm not sure which is worse as an adult, getting an autograph or buying a computer game.  ;)

Probably not as bad as being so insecure you stop doing things you enjoy because you're worried about your age
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #71 on: November 5, 2016, 10:43:58 pm »
Football is all about a gang of very wealthy lads kicking a ball around on grass, while fans go without other luxuries to be able to afford to watch them and sing daft things at them. We're all children at heart here.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #72 on: November 5, 2016, 11:00:10 pm »
It would have been way worse if you'd bought the game then turned down Hendo's offer to sign it.  You did the right thing.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 5, 2016, 11:44:45 pm »
Probably not as bad as being so insecure you stop doing things you enjoy because you're worried about your age
I'm showing my age here.
I thought those smile winky things was to say you're taking the piss, as in a joke?  See that John guy put a grinning one when he replied, will that help?  ;D

At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #74 on: November 5, 2016, 11:56:58 pm »

This is a surprisingly good and interesting thread.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 6, 2016, 12:04:41 am »
My lad got his picture took with Djibril Cisse before the homecoming after 2006 cup final. When we got the photos developed ( remember that?) my lad was scowling. "Why have you got that face on you son?" Asked his mum. "Because his hands stunk of poo!!!". Tell your kid to check the fingernails out.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 6, 2016, 01:25:22 am »
I'm showing my age here.
I thought those smile winky things was to say you're taking the piss, as in a joke?  See that John guy put a grinning one when he replied, will that help?  ;D

Soz, I get touchy over my computer games  ;D

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #77 on: November 6, 2016, 07:10:09 am »
I met Roy Keane in Milan airport when I was 11 or so, asked him for an autograph and he was friendly and happy to sign it for me.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #78 on: November 6, 2016, 09:00:41 am »
I guess it depends when you catch people doesn't it?
If they're in a hurry or just had a barney with their missus then you might catch them in an off moment.

My mum used to say Ian St John was lovely.  His wife used to do hairdressing on the hospital ward my mum worked on, sometimes he used to accompany her and they'd chat to him in the office... other have said he was less accomadating though...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #79 on: November 6, 2016, 12:05:41 pm »
Yeah, I can't imagine having to be lovely and friendly all the bloody time to the general public, no matter what humour you're in an what's going on in your world privately, lest it gets around that you're an antisocial rotter. Complete strangers approaching you at any given moment to snap a selfie and get you to write your signature for them, then chinese whispers starting up because you didn't flash a winning smile to pacify some whiny brat. Before you know it, word on the street is you're a total arsehole - you'd need to be in a constant mindset of tolerant gratitude just to resist legging it away full pelt!

I certainly couldn't do it; I find it takes enough of a heroic effort being nice to the people I love!  ;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"