Author Topic: Liverpool vs Watford, Sunday 6th November, 2.15pm  (Read 34469 times)

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
Re: Liverpool vs Watford, Sunday 6th November, 2.15pm
« Reply #40 on: November 1, 2016, 10:57:54 pm »
My first game at Anfield, absolutely buzzing about this one, Sunday can't come soon enough !!!
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #41 on: November 1, 2016, 11:15:09 pm »
This game can't come fast enough amidst all this US election craze..
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: November 1, 2016, 11:22:32 pm »
Watford are actually on a good run of form themselves

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 1, 2016, 11:33:21 pm »
Let's fucking batter these redmen. Go into the international break with a really strong base to build from.

We'll drop silly points at some point this season, it's inevitable for any team, but let's not "use up our lives" yet. Deeney and Ighalo had a field day away last season, they shouldn't see much of the ball at Anfield so it's up to our defence to stay concentrating when they get scraps, and up to the attackers to blow them away before they can do anything.

Gomes can either pull off top class saves, or throw some into his own net, fingers crossed it's the latter this week.

Let's keep the pressure up in the title race red men, a win here would put us on course for 89+ points.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: November 1, 2016, 11:45:38 pm »
My first game at Anfield, absolutely buzzing about this one, Sunday can't come soon enough !!!

Nice one, enjoy it mate  ;).

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 2, 2016, 02:00:05 am »
Will be difficult but we have had decent preparation in recent weeks, having played United, WBA and Palace last week.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #46 on: November 2, 2016, 04:46:02 am »
Another Tough game for us.

Funnily i'm sacred of these potential banana skins than big boys.

If our players are not fully concentrated and things will go bad. Start aggressively and score early.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #47 on: November 2, 2016, 04:54:42 am »
It'll be interesting to see how we do against Mazzari's 3-5-2, which is a formation I don't think we've come up against recently.

I'm reasonably confident that we can dominate and prevail against any team, but a different kind of opponent will be fascinating to watch.

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 2, 2016, 06:35:55 am »
It'll be interesting to see how we do against Mazzari's 3-5-2, which is a formation I don't think we've come up against recently.

I'm reasonably confident that we can dominate and prevail against any team, but a different kind of opponent will be fascinating to watch.
3 - 4 - 3?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 2, 2016, 07:00:45 am »
Same team as palace but Milner back.

Pretty good at the back these but confident we will break them down.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 2, 2016, 07:03:22 am »
Playing Watford always reminds me of that Rushie goal after being set up by Kenny, sublime.
Hope for a nice easy win in this, no heart attacks, no worries.
Every week I keep thinking Wijnaldum will get his first goal, really like the lad. Not even sure if he will play but I guess that is a measure of how well we are doing, with a great squad.
Come on you reds

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #51 on: November 2, 2016, 07:14:27 am »
I hope Milner is fit, we need him to help shut down crosses into the box. Moreno looked better but still seems uncertain when closing down crosses.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52 on: November 2, 2016, 07:50:56 am »
I hope Milner is fit, we need him to help shut down crosses into the box. Moreno looked better but still seems uncertain when closing down crosses.

I agree only thing he did wrong and which Milner does better is stop the cross. Depends if klopp wants more attacked minded Moreno or is cautious and would go to Milner who's more solid and dependable.

Think we'll win, we are a far better side then Watford who had two lucky wins against two of the poorest sides in the league recently
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #53 on: November 2, 2016, 08:03:44 am »
I agree only thing he did wrong and which Milner does better is stop the cross. Depends if klopp wants more attacked minded Moreno or is cautious and would go to Milner who's more solid and dependable.

Think we'll win, we are a far better side then Watford who had two lucky wins against two of the poorest sides in the league recently
That's not strictly true. Someone analysed our crosses conceded so far and the vast majority were from Milners side. I do think Milner should play for other reasons - being set pieces and penalties ... though even set pieces have been poor from Milly recently ... some of those corners ... yuck. Actually, sack it, let's stick with Albie [emoji6]

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #54 on: November 2, 2016, 08:12:25 am »
We're up against the usual tactics in Anfield. Park the bus and counter attack but I'm sure we'll be ready for it.

And did I mention how much I despise Sunday and Monday games?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #55 on: November 2, 2016, 08:53:36 am »
Gini Wijnaldum back in form the start please in place of Emre.
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 2, 2016, 11:19:24 am »
Thanks for the OP. Might be a tough game. They're above Man Utd, Southampton and Leicester, after all.

Deeny is waiting to score his 100th goal for Watford and he'd no doubt be delighted to do it at Anfield.

I'm a bit confused about the stats for our previous meetings, though:

We've played them 26 times not 19, as far as I can tell (18 in the League).

http://www.lfchistory.net/Opposition/Team/Profile/65

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #57 on: November 2, 2016, 11:20:09 am »
That's not strictly true. Someone analysed our crosses conceded so far and the vast majority were from Milners side. I do think Milner should play for other reasons - being set pieces and penalties ... though even set pieces have been poor from Milly recently ... some of those corners ... yuck. Actually, sack it, let's stick with Albie [emoji6]
Not saying Milner is better than Clyne but at stopping crosses he's better than Moreno. I also think that Clyne gets better protection from Mane than Milner gets from Coutinho.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #58 on: November 2, 2016, 11:21:09 am »
would love 3 points just before the internationals

Watford have genuine threats in Igahlo and Deeney......experienced and will likely take any chances offered.

So we just gotta not give them any on a plate!

Do that and we win this game....we can break them down. We've broken down harder defences and just need to keep this momentum going!

Don't care what starting line up, 3 points please

2-0 redmen!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #59 on: November 2, 2016, 11:26:43 am »
Just realised we beat this lot 2-0 with the kids last season...
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #60 on: November 2, 2016, 11:27:41 am »
Thanks for the OP. Might be a tough game. They're above Man Utd, Southampton and Leicester, after all.

Deeny is waiting to score his 100th goal for Watford and he'd no doubt be delighted to do it at Anfield.

I'm a bit confused about the stats for our previous meetings, though:We've played them 26 times not 19, as far as I can tell (18 in the League).

It did look odd, especially as I couldn't figure out how we've played more at their place than ours unless it included Cup games too.

The stats were provided to me by a third party who shall rename nameless to protect his identity.

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 2, 2016, 11:39:22 am »
It did look odd, especially as I couldn't figure out how we've played more at their place than ours unless it included Cup games too.

The stats were provided to me by a third party who shall rename nameless to protect his identity.

Ha ha. They're both great people. :thumbup I trust the LFCHistory.com stats though.

Btw, Titi played for us the last time Watford won at Anfield: August 1999.

Some bloke called John Barnes played for Watford in two of the games we've lost to them: May 1983 and December 1986. We should've bought him, I bet he would've been half-decent for us.

Offline peterstone

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62 on: November 2, 2016, 12:27:31 pm »
Ha ha. They're both great people. :thumbup I trust the LFCHistory.com stats though.

Btw, Titi played for us the last time Watford won at Anfield: August 1999.

Some bloke called John Barnes played for Watford in two of the games we've lost to them: May 1983 and December 1986. We should've bought him, I bet he would've been half-decent for us.
I was at the game at Watford in 1986.

Great pre match preview Nick, thanks

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #63 on: November 2, 2016, 12:32:46 pm »
3 points to Liverpool is all that matters.

Everything else is secondary.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 2, 2016, 01:22:31 pm »
Arsenal or Spurs will be dropping points right before our kickoff so a win puts us in a fantastic position going into the b*stard international break.

Got a feeling Phil's going to keep ticking along here - everytime he cuts inside at the moment, you feel he's going to score - although I'd take a 95th minute shank off Lovren's arse cheek. All in all, we'll be too strong for these as long as we don't concede early (apparently letting in an early goal means you can't win a game anymore according to the ex-Utd brains trust).

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 2, 2016, 01:25:32 pm »
I think one of these days we'll just go crazy and score seven or eight against a team. It'll probably not happen this weekend but I feel as if it is inevitable this season.

Annoying to be waiting so long for our game, which seems to be on Sunday only because of television, but looking forward to it a lot. Play as we have been doing, and we should win comfortably.

(apparently letting in an early goal means you can't win a game anymore according to the ex-Utd brains trust).

;D

I can name at least two games of ours from last season which disprove that easily, Southampton in the League Cup and the Dortmund game.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2016, 01:27:35 pm by sms1986 »

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 2, 2016, 01:51:18 pm »
I think one of these days we'll just go crazy and score seven or eight against a team. It'll probably not happen this weekend but I feel as if it is inevitable this season.

Annoying to be waiting so long for our game, which seems to be on Sunday only because of television, but looking forward to it a lot. Play as we have been doing, and we should win comfortably.

;D

I can name at least two games of ours from last season which disprove that easily, Southampton in the League Cup and the Dortmund game.
And Swansea in the league this season as well

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #67 on: November 2, 2016, 01:58:29 pm »
3 - 1 to us and maybe they will score a dodgy jammy goal first,but eventually succumb to the pressure and concede

Loris,Nathaniel,Joel,Dejan,James*,Jordan,Emre,Adam,Phil,Sadio,Roberto

*if not fit,Alberto
The change is cast

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 2, 2016, 02:03:50 pm »
5-0 win with Moreno and Lovren having stormers and a clean sheet - be interesting to see what people moan about then.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #69 on: November 2, 2016, 02:41:14 pm »
5-0 win with Moreno and Lovren having stormers and a clean sheet - be interesting to see what people moan about then.
Karius not claiming crosses.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #70 on: November 2, 2016, 03:03:36 pm »

Should've been 6. :P
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #71 on: November 2, 2016, 03:07:35 pm »
I'd stick with Can ahead of Wijnaldum as Watford are a physical side, but I'd be bringing Milner back in for Moreno as they tend to go down their right quite a lot with Amrabat so I'd like his added intelligence there.

Think we'll probably win 2-0.

Offline jimbo1962

• Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: November 2, 2016, 03:15:03 pm »
You know you're having a good season when you just can't wait until the next match, even when it's against one of the so called "lesser" sides.

Any win will do, though a game where we don't concede an absolute pigs dick of a goal would be a bonus.

there are no lesser sides
didnt they put three past us last year ?

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 2, 2016, 04:09:27 pm »

Good luck mate. My first game was 50 years ago and I remember it still. We beat Birmingham 2.1, let's hope your first game is a win!

Offline scalatore

• Kopite
« Reply #74 on: November 2, 2016, 05:12:16 pm »
I know the magic of the sport is that anybody can beat anybody else on their day, but realistically we should be expecting to win this. We have the better team, we have the better manager, and we're at home. Let's get three points on the board so we can all ignore the England game in peace.

Here's my predicted starting XI: Don't care because our entire squad is boss

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 2, 2016, 05:18:26 pm »
Why is that? Haven't you heard? We've proven we can do it against the smaller teams, but we are still yet to prove ourselves against the big boys...

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 2, 2016, 05:19:23 pm »
Why is that? Haven't you heard? We've proven we can do it against the smaller teams, but we are still yet to prove ourselves against the big boys...

Agreed. Need to show that we can do it against the Arsenals, the Chelseas...
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #77 on: November 2, 2016, 05:58:10 pm »
ah, the old Glen Hoddle / David Pleat prattism! These pundits are just bonkers, the only big club we haven't played and got something from is City and we did well against them last year!

They are bonkers!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #78 on: November 2, 2016, 06:01:05 pm »
Another Tough game for us.

If our players are not fully concentrated and things will go bad. Start aggressively and score early.
i think Watford will come to play and that will suit us. Think we'll win but concede as usual. I don't think they will be able to stop us scoring a few
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #79 on: November 2, 2016, 06:28:12 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
I agree with the line up as predicted by Nicolas in the OP. Pleased to see Karius getting toughened up in training. Looking forward to seeing the run continue despite them having a trio of dangerous scorers including Capoue.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!