Author Topic: Crystal Palace 2 - Liverpool 4 (Lovren, Matip, Can & Firmino)  (Read 39537 times)

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Crystal Palace 2 - Liverpool 4 (Lovren, Matip, Can & Firmino)
« Reply #520 on: October 31, 2016, 04:25:00 pm »
Even with our so-called leaky defense, we are strong enough to mount a title challenge, and very likely get ourselves into the CL in the process with our attack... so there  :wave
Totally agree. It's extremely rare that teams win the title being as leaky as we are but when your goalscoring rate is as good as ours is, then you're pretty much dead certs to mount a challenge (presuming we keep that up and I don't see why we won't).
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: October 31, 2016, 06:12:01 pm »
The only thing the defence needs to improve on is how we deal with set pieces. As far as open play go's we are quite solid.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #522 on: October 31, 2016, 06:12:44 pm »
Good result. Let's get something against Watford on Sunday please :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #523 on: October 31, 2016, 06:22:12 pm »
A usually very difficult but well deserved 3 points. Very happy.
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #524 on: October 31, 2016, 06:54:20 pm »
Even with our so-called leaky defense, we are strong enough to mount a title challenge, and very likely get ourselves into the CL in the process with our attack... so there.   :wave

On another side note, we are starting to get a bit more practical at closing out games. 3-2 at half-time, we started to manage the game well after the break as time wore on

Chelsea did precisely that yesterday. 2-0 up and started playing the ball in and around mid field, passing back, making sure they kept the ball and avoided surrendering possession. This is the one thing we need to read up on. A minor quibble, I know.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #525 on: October 31, 2016, 06:54:53 pm »
The 'leaky' defence argument is absolute bollocks. Our defence is fine. We conceded 5 in the first 2 games but since then we've been brilliant for the most part.

We are shite at defending set pieces. That's a fair argument. But our open play defending is very good. Lovren and Lucas handed goals to the opposition but other than that what have we actually conceded from open play since Burnley? One against Spurs, one against Chelsea and then the other one against Palace?
Believe

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #526 on: October 31, 2016, 07:00:29 pm »
Chelsea did precisely that yesterday. 2-0 up and started playing the ball in and around mid field, passing back, making sure they kept the ball and avoided surrendering possession. This is the one thing we need to read up on. A minor quibble, I know.
I'm not sure Klopp would allow for a drop in intensity.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: October 31, 2016, 07:20:34 pm »
We kinda did the same in the last 15-20 mins against Palace once Firmino scored

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #528 on: October 31, 2016, 07:25:16 pm »
Owen Hargreaves is dreadful.

Can you be more specific?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: October 31, 2016, 07:29:27 pm »
Can you be more specific?
Owen Lee Hargreaves (born 20 January 1981) is dreadful.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #530 on: October 31, 2016, 07:51:06 pm »
:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #531 on: October 31, 2016, 08:00:58 pm »

:lmao
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: October 31, 2016, 08:24:03 pm »

excellent.

Offline stanleylhs

• Anny Roader
  • Oh Sami Sami!
« Reply #533 on: October 31, 2016, 08:39:21 pm »
It's not entirely about the intensity. Yes, we should keep the pressing intensity, but at that stage of the match, it's about playing it safe. Klopp himself said that we are a possession team, so the natural thing to do is to keep possession. It's about controlling the game, cutting those hectic passes and not forcing the play. Keep possession and absorb the pressure to see the game out. Subbing Klavan on for the LB/LCB role and pushing Moreno up signals that.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #534 on: October 31, 2016, 09:02:01 pm »

Gold.  :lmao
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: October 31, 2016, 10:11:33 pm »
great result, good win in a game many had as the one in this group of 5 where we'd drop points. I was quite disappointed though not to see sturridge or origi come on earlier, i thought mane and firmino tired a bit in last 20 minutes and a couple of fresh legs would have seen us stretch the lead a bit. But then there's the prospect of us reaching january with Mane going to the afcon and we have sturridge and origi fresher than anyone else in the league. Agree with those saying our defending is as good as it's been in years. we aren't giving away many chances, this was the first time we've conceded two in a game since burnley in August. Bring on Watford!
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Nice one, Barney lad!

• Main Stander
  • Take me to your Klopp.
« Reply #536 on: November 1, 2016, 10:32:08 am »
Logging in every 5 minutes for the Liv-Wat pre-match write up.
Need it.
Need that hit.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #537 on: November 1, 2016, 11:44:40 am »
Good result. Let's get something against Watford on Sunday please :)

What time is the game on ?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #538 on: November 1, 2016, 11:46:02 am »
been away on the weekend but managed to catch this game after it turned 2-2.....dunno what all the fuss is about, from my perspective I saw a relatively comfortable 2-0 win!

but yes, mistakes at the back were made but not costly. We are closing games out, weathering that storm and still retaining the 3 points.
Keep this up redmen.... we just gotta keep consistent cos we've faced challenges that tripped us up before and passed but that won't stop them coming

November already tho :o

Very tight up top still.....hopefully we can keep this run going against Watford on the weekend

Onwards!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline SC04OCT

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #539 on: November 1, 2016, 11:53:27 am »
Need it.
Need that hit.

Came in here to say the same. Where is it?!

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: November 1, 2016, 01:48:51 pm »
One of those games which could easily have you looking for the Grecian 2000 if you have any hair left since the last time we won the league. We look unbelievable going forward, just a joy to watch as we are really strutting our stuff while we grimace at our defending with head in hands wondering where the mistakes are coming from...and they do come. Still cant fret too much as we are away ahead of our expectations right now as the likes of City, Arsenal & Chelsea are cruising in top gear but we look just at home in the lead group. I am struggling the last time I have seen the Top 4 (even Spurs) look like they may achieve close to 80 points this season but its games like these where we sometimes crumble to hang onto a point now all f a sudden still look like easy wins by the final whistle. Great stuff even though I am greying like a bastard.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #541 on: November 1, 2016, 03:15:42 pm »

:D

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #542 on: November 1, 2016, 08:40:17 pm »
It's not entirely about the intensity. Yes, we should keep the pressing intensity, but at that stage of the match, it's about playing it safe. Klopp himself said that we are a possession team, so the natural thing to do is to keep possession. It's about controlling the game, cutting those hectic passes and not forcing the play. Keep possession and absorb the pressure to see the game out. Subbing Klavan on for the LB/LCB role and pushing Moreno up signals that.

I thought Klopp liked to make it hectic, to work in a frantic , crazy , nay insane way, that nobody is comfortable with, but we are more comfortable than anyone else. The orchestrater of chaos. Kind of matches his personality.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #543 on: November 1, 2016, 09:07:29 pm »
Need it.
Need that hit.

Came in here to say the same. Where is it?!

Sorry to keep you waiting!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=330292.msg14994411;topicseen#new