Author Topic: We are enjoying our football again - are you?  (Read 6495 times)

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
Re: We are enjoying our football again - are you?
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2016, 02:06:57 pm »
Thanks to the OP for this reminder: It's football that we can enjoy again! I wasn't that concerned when Chelsea scored, or when WBA scored. I smiled and said to myself that good that they scored, at least the game got interesting as it meant that we would have more chances to score with the way we played. I even laughed when we played against Manc, just how far they have fallen and how great our football is. That game was not great, but it was due to the master bus-parking; we were good and enjoyable. But mostly I enjoyed seeing Lallana, who I considered a man with no end-products (shameless-me), the exchange among our front lines and the elegance of Matip. We basically let the ball moves, with only several dribbles in between. Definitely the type of football that made me fall in love with Liverpool in the 80's

I'm not to fuss as to whether we can win this one again right now, I just love this game of ours. Obviously winning something would be great in this time of of endless scrutiny. 

Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2016, 02:45:38 pm »
Great OP.

I think some of us (myself at times) have forgotten that football is meant to be fun. The long fruitless pursuit of a league title is probably a big reason why. Everyone is so desperate for it to happen, that I think we've lost sight of the wider joy that football can bring.

This season I hope the bubble of optimism doesn't burst at the 1st setback. Setbacks are inevitable -  we'll have draws and defeats we don't expect. Hopefully the momentum built by Klopp and the team so far helps us through any bad patch without too many toys being thrown fro the cot.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2016, 11:38:45 pm »
Fantastic OP and one I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

Apart from one season under Rodgers (13/14) and half a season under Rafa (08/09) we've had some success over the years but we've never really been great to watch (in my time). Klopp has changed that; not only do we have a real chance of seriously challenging for the title this season, we're actually good to watch! I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts; thank you, Jürgen!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 11:40:16 pm by Paragon »
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2016, 12:14:25 am »
It's something else to look forward to a match rather than dread it. To look forward to a game with an eye on the top positions in the table.... Famous last words perhaps, but we've lost only one so far and I would even be happy with a draw tomorrow/today. Am I enjoying it!? Fuck yeah. The only annoying thing is that for me and my mates that rely on spare tickets that when we do well we have little to no chance of getting any.

It's always a test. Hull at home. West Brom. Now palace with Benteke away. Win this one lads. 3 more points. And I'll fucking be enjoying it
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2016, 08:12:33 am »
we look like a team, i feel like the players play for the team again, not for themself only... and added to that there is fight and hunger and finally some good quality competition for places... it is exciting.

i don´t even look at the table, all i know is i look forward to next match whoever is the oponent, cause i know we will be exciting to watch again :)

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2016, 08:44:51 am »
Every morning I find myself singing various Liverpool songs in the shower with a big smile on my face. Life is good at the moment as a Liverpool supporter.

Momentum is sometimes an overused word so maybe 'belief' is more accurate. At absolute minimum, we are vey much heading in he right direction and with a manager who I would t swap for anybody in the world, it makes me very excited!

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2016, 02:37:33 pm »
Amazing OP HC. I really learned something: challenging for the title is stressful... enjoying the wonderful football on offer is not. In fact it's the opposite it's a relief. It's life-affirming.

Let's do away with the 30 years and counting bollocks. Let's get behind the team, the manager, the players. Let's just enjoy the ride. Everything else is a bonus.

Offline Youb

• tue.com
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2016, 04:57:08 pm »
It's 4.55am,  our match kicks off in 35 mins.  Had my alarm set but been up for an hour anyway,  can't sleep, can't wait.  I've watched all our games live this season despite the 12 hour time difference.  I'm no kid either I need by sleep but even though I could just watch the games when i wake up,  I just have to watch us live.  Loving every minute of it!

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2016, 06:24:30 pm »
Enjoying it? Sure! Might cause a few heart attacks in the process.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline InRed

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2016, 10:11:09 pm »
Great op. I'm not sure I've ever known a manager be made for a club like Klopp is for us!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2016, 10:15:20 pm »
Great op. I'm not sure I've ever known a manager be made for a club like Klopp is for us!

Well there has been a few.