Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Crystal Palace vs Liverpool - Saturday, 29th Oct - 17:30  (Read 31748 times)

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Crystal Palace vs Liverpool - Saturday, 29th Oct - 17:30
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2016, 11:38:57 pm »
Hopefully we'll be seeing more of these antics again on Saturday night...  ;D

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2016, 12:06:16 am »
Probably already mentioned, but it pleases me that Bolasie is no longer there, the prick used to absolutely murder us every time we played them

That would be great if they hadn't replaced him with Benteke.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2016, 12:26:26 am »
Has anybody mentioned that Benteke has a fairly high chance of scoring in this game?   ;D
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Eleven

• Voted for Trump. Not keen on LGBT rights.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2016, 12:32:28 am »
Palace were bottom three in terms of home form last season, they have only won one home game this season against a Stoke side who were playing terrible football at that time.

People will point to that we lost to Burnely away from home, Burnley's home record is among the best in the league though.

Burnley lost to Swansea at home on the opening day of the season and the other defeat against Arsenal was an absolute joke as they lost to a handball goal.

Palace have picked up 7 points on the road compared to only 4 at home, while Burnley have picked up all 10 of their points at home.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:34:57 am by Eleven »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2016, 12:51:36 am »
It seems like there are a lot of nerves for this game.

I'm not particularly concerned, actually.

Sure, they're a threat on the counter and in set pieces, but they're not particularly good defensively. They've only kept one clean sheet so far this season, and otherwise conceded everywhere else they've gone. They barely scratched out a 3-2 win against Sunderland, who have been having one of the worst starts of any team in PL history.

So if it's a question of our leaky defense versus their leaky defense, I would back us.. particularly when we have one of, if not the best attack in the league.

We'll have to be prepared to win second balls arising from their barrage of hoofs of course, but that goes without saying. Klopp will know that. So long as the team isn't complacent in their preparation and mentality, I think this will be a pretty routine win.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2016, 12:55:47 am »
think we'll win

i'll probably have to put some money on Benteke to score as well though
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2016, 02:36:17 am »
Gonna be ugly this, even if we win which I think we will

Pardew is a c*nt, not sure if that's been covered
A win for the Liverpool country

Online vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2016, 04:58:11 am »
think we'll win

i'll probably have to put some money on Benteke to score as well though

I made benteke as my Fantasy captain. Now atch him get a red card . That would be Typical.

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2016, 05:17:53 am »
We need to consistently pick up three points through this run of games against weaker sides, our rivals all look likely to be dropping points and playing each other and we have a big chance to put a run together and get some real momentum behind us this season.

Think we will win, Benteke will likely smash in a header at some point so we'll need at least 2, maybe 3. But I'm very confident in our attack.
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2016, 05:51:43 am »
I made benteke as my Fantasy captain. Now atch him get a red card . That would be Typical.

You make it sound like that would be a bad thing.

Offline dogeibbor

• Anny Roader
  • He wants to come
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2016, 06:38:11 am »
Won't be able to blame it on the sunshine if it doesn't go well.

But can we blame it on the rain?

Online vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2016, 06:44:02 am »
You make it sound like that would be a bad thing.

I would take it .

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2016, 10:07:44 am »
Probably already mentioned, but it pleases me that Bolasie is no longer there, the prick used to absolutely murder us every time we played them
Him and Gayle- the troll-looking muthaf...:

"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2016, 10:26:21 am »
Has anybody mentioned that Benteke has a fairly high chance of scoring in this game?   ;D

Don't know, but I think Benteke is nailed on to get at least one in this game.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2016, 10:26:49 am »
Wouod love us to smash them 3 of 4-0. We haven't really smashed anyone this season in the league other than Hull so putting down another marker would be nice as would keeping a clean sheet.
Believe

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2016, 10:29:21 am »
Wouod love us to smash them 3 of 4-0. We haven't really smashed anyone this season in the league other than Hull so putting down another marker would be nice as would keeping a clean sheet.
And Leicester.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2016, 10:32:07 am »
Can't wait for this game, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms having to wait between games we're so good to watch at the moment.

So what if Benteke scores, they're shit and we're good.  Very good.  We've got this, 3 more points in the bag and on we go to the next game.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2016, 10:36:51 am »
And Leicester.

Oh yeah, forgot about them. Well we haven't rattled anyone away yet so would be nice to do that. Did it loads in 13/14 which made teams shit scared to play us anywhere, home or away. Be great to do that again this season.
Believe

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2016, 10:40:38 am »
Oh yeah, forgot about them. Well we haven't rattled anyone away yet so would be nice to do that. Did it loads in 13/14 which made teams shit scared to play us anywhere, home or away. Be great to do that again this season.

We put 4 past one of our direct rivals at their ground.........ok we did concede 3...........but we did score 4!

Offline YourFaceGoesThroughALot

• Boys Pen
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2016, 10:55:09 am »
Pardew. Starkers in an empty dressing room. His dull eyes, like frogspawn on a cockles stick, survey his slag of cockney skeleton. He glares at his limp bookies pen that hangs from the clump of blunt wire-wool between his legs. “I just want to feel…something” he murmurs. And with that he snatches his Trench from its peg. In a fit of utter rage, he lifts it up and brings it crashing down upon his lifeless Michael Thomas. Barely a pulse is registered in the terrible tendril. He stoops and scoops up the coat, and once more flings it down upon his vanishing and veined arctic roll. “Live gawd damn you! Just breathe!” he screams. But the jellied eel still fails to awaken. And so with one final flourish of desperation, he picks up his coat, lifts it skywards and smashes and smites it down upon his shard like what that God did to Moses that one time. The changing room falls silent. Nothingness………Then……BOOM! True Being! The doorhinges fly off in a rainbow cloud of bursting stars and happy gurning energy positive thought process happy happy lovely warm bed of perfect moments. Jurgen Klopp, with a stonk-on the size of several foamy steins, bustles into the room. The strip lights fizzle and glow brighter. “Hey Alun! Really cool what you did for me today! Really cool openings. Yeah, really cool moments we shared! I wouldn't say I felt it 100% but yeah really boz that!” Pards collapses down onto the slats. He sniffs and gobs on the tiles. He rubs his sockets, and in a low voice says “...wrong fucking changing room mate”. A  pause, then. “Oh sorry Alun! See you soon. My place next time would be cool yeah?!”. And with that Alan’s little Pard resolves into a dew.

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2016, 10:59:52 am »
If we play high up the pitch like we have been then we have nothing to worry about  ( I Hope)

Benteke is awful if he has to try play in behind. If we end up deep in our own half then they can make the game tricky with crosses and second balls etc. but I don't think we will allow that to happen.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2016, 11:11:36 am »
Still early, at this stage of the season in 13/14 we'd only scored more than two away from home once (same as this season) and our away fixtures this season have included Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs. Burnley was an opportunity missed though.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2016, 11:12:20 am »
Pardew. Starkers in an empty dressing room. His dull eyes, like frogspawn on a cockles stick, survey his slag of cockney skeleton. He glares at his limp bookies pen that hangs from the clump of blunt wire-wool between his legs. “I just want to feel…something” he murmurs. And with that he snatches his Trench from its peg. In a fit of utter rage, he lifts it up and brings it crashing down upon his lifeless Michael Thomas. Barely a pulse is registered in the terrible tendril. He stoops and scoops up the coat, and once more flings it down upon his vanishing and veined arctic roll. “Live gawd damn you! Just breathe!” he screams. But the jellied eel still fails to awaken. And so with one final flourish of desperation, he picks up his coat, lifts it skywards and smashes and smites it down upon his shard like what that God did to Moses that one time. The changing room falls silent. Nothingness………Then……BOOM! True Being! The doorhinges fly off in a rainbow cloud of bursting stars and happy gurning energy positive thought process happy happy lovely warm bed of perfect moments. Jurgen Klopp, with a stonk-on the size of several foamy steins, bustles into the room. The strip lights fizzle and glow brighter. “Hey Alun! Really cool what you did for me today! Really cool openings. Yeah, really cool moments we shared! I wouldn't say I felt it 100% but yeah really boz that!” Pards collapses down onto the slats. He sniffs and gobs on the tiles. He rubs his sockets, and in a low voice says “...wrong fucking changing room mate”. A  pause, then. “Oh sorry Alun! See you soon. My place next time would be cool yeah?!”. And with that Alan’s little Pard resolves into a dew.
   It's Friday night. I'll have one of what you're on  :)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2016, 11:15:57 am »
I think Can might just get the nod because of his extra physicality. Palace have some strong lads in their team and Pardew will pump long balls into the box all game long.

People keep saying this about Palace having strong players- who are they talking about? Benteke is strong. As are their centre backs. Kelly is tall, but not overly strong. Anyone else?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2016, 11:28:13 am »

Fucking hell mate, it's too early for the Class A's, still 30 hours till we kick off

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2016, 11:52:54 am »
drugs

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2016, 11:54:08 am »
People keep saying this about Palace having strong players- who are they talking about? Benteke is strong. As are their centre backs. Kelly is tall, but not overly strong. Anyone else?
yeah fair shout that

Offline Joe Allens chicken

• got roasted
  • Main Stander
« Reply #147 on: October 28, 2016, 12:04:02 pm »
They've got the 2 most accurate crossers of the ball this season along with a striker who has won more aerial duels in the league (64) than anyone else. Our highest is Lovren (24).

All we need to do is stop them crossing the ball and we'll win. Easy peasy 🙂

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #148 on: October 28, 2016, 12:07:26 pm »
drugs

And that's how the story ends lads

Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2016, 12:31:50 pm »
Sooo am I the only one who thinks we'll keep a clean sheet?

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2016, 01:06:30 pm »
Sooo am I the only one who thinks we'll keep a clean sheet?

Yes, that would be correct. Benteke is bound to score -- it has been written in the starts. Even Nostradamus said it would happen.
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #151 on: October 28, 2016, 01:14:33 pm »
While we are doing so well, all games will be cause for concern. And I'd rather that , than for us to be already staring at a mid-table finish.
Having to face a striker we paid a huge fee for also makes things feel worse.

Arsenal, Spurs and City will all have played before us. Klopp won't let those results affect the players, but it'll affect the fans.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: October 28, 2016, 01:34:32 pm »
Milner may miss out, can't remember if Klopp said he was feeling unwell or injured.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2016, 01:40:10 pm »
Milner may miss out, can't remember if Klopp said he was feeling unwell or injured.

Unwell, but took part in a running session yesterday. Personally wouldn't be fussed if Moreno had to play.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2016, 01:40:46 pm »
Back to our first choice 11 for this one.

Karius
Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
Hendo
Lallana Wijnaldum
Mane Firmino Coutinho

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 28, 2016, 01:41:36 pm »
Yes, that would be correct. Benteke is bound to score -- it has been written in the starts. Even Nostradamus said it would happen.

He won't score.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #156 on: October 28, 2016, 01:57:53 pm »

Probably not the right place to bring it up , but Milner is such a pro. Both in the way he plays the game and his attitude. Absolute steal.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2016, 01:59:07 pm »
Smash these twats!

Offline EltonRed

• Boys Pen
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2016, 02:09:38 pm »
Have only watched a smidgeon Palace this season at all so not a huge idea of the threat they carry but I do know that Pardew hates Klopp and will be out to try and spoil our great recent run by utilising the counter attack that has been so effective against us in recent years. I really can't see them going for a draw by packing their defence (never really seen a Pardew side do that) and they definitely won't try to go toe to toe with us by playing football so countering us is probably their best chance of getting something out of the game.

This means we're going to have to be patient when we have the ball and then press like crazy if we lose it. If anything, this type of game could be perfect for us because the oppo won't know whether to stick or twist. Cabaye could be a threat to them getting a foothold in midfield but then he won't have a runner ahead of him (Benteke) and if we can stem the outball to the wingers we should be able to nullify their threat pretty easily.

All in all I think this is a game where if we take our chances we could run out easy winners, after all, it's not as if we're giving a load of shots on goal away at the moment.

Up the stingy reds.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2016, 02:11:08 pm »
If we match our ambition with a strong work ethic, as we have done so admirably thus far, we're good to go.

Yes we have to win the second ball knock downs from Benteke and track the runners in behind but we should have most of the ball as well so that should keep them on the back foot and mitigate those occasions.

Still Palace have a lot more to be concerned about than we do.