Author Topic: #GERRARD8 - Steven Gerrard - The final thread (as a player)  (Read 153874 times)

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Gerrard Mosaic last home game
« Reply #200 on: May 12, 2015, 11:04:11 pm »
Are volunteers required for laying out the cards again?

Presumably laying them out on the Friday?

I'm off work Friday. Anyone got any details?

Offline GeneticRed

• Anny Roader
Re: Steven Gerrard - The final thread (as a player)
« Reply #201 on: May 12, 2015, 11:05:13 pm »
The greatest icon in Liverpool Football Club's history did not arrive when we were already on top of the world; he appeared in one of our most humble eras, to remind us who we were. He's inextricably linked with all the amazing, wondrous things of the time; with Alonso, with Torres, with Suarez. He's pulled us from the brink more than once. He's taken the full blame when we've fallen short. He has glorious finals gilded in his honour. He's experienced public low moments of barely conceivable human sporting agony, befitting classic Greek tragedy. He's a mortal champion, awesome and fallible. He's a story, destined to be an implausible old romantic legend, one that will be recounted for countless generations, but one that will never play out in front of us again. We've been blessed to follow it stanza by stanza, in real time. We sigh as we sense the adventure approaching its end... but it's a good sigh.
I'm compelled to repeat how great I think this post is.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2015, 11:07:21 pm »
'Thank you!' would have done me.....are we laminating the cards?

"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2015, 11:34:12 pm »
You write like a girl, Haemoglobin. There's no crying in football Brines for seasoning your steak before you eat it without a fork....... Its all thoughtful and delightful wordsmithing and skilful, imaginative imagery until someone posts up a picture of Emre Can without a shirt on, thats all im saying......Mate!  ;D

ahh just pulling your ponytail....nice posts. But my souls not leaking theres just something in my eye , ok.....carbonized nail dust or something manly like that...caught in my eye.... im not even sad right now.....wistfull, thats as far as i'll go.......a little bit wistfull.......HOnk....stop looking at me like that dont you people have anything better to do than watch a man not cry .....fucks sake. Go away. Leave me alone.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2015, 11:54:43 pm »

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #205 on: May 13, 2015, 12:14:58 am »
I don't think Carra will ever understand what Gerrard (and us) will feel when its his last time at Anfield. Carra loved this club, but never really had the temptations Gerrard did. Carra is an icon. Gerrard is a legend. He's our generations Kenny.

I don't know if Gerrard will cry when he leaves that field for the last time...but I will.
Carra grew up an Evertonian,Stevie has being a Liverpool supporter his whole life and what fucking difference does it make to Jamie if he cries or not ? I for one would be surprised if Stevie didn't bawl his eyes out and I hope he does.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 13, 2015, 12:18:29 am »
I don't think Carra will ever understand what Gerrard (and us) will feel when its his last time at Anfield. Carra loved this club, but never really had the temptations Gerrard did. Carra is an icon. Gerrard is a legend. He's our generations Kenny.

I don't know if Gerrard will cry when he leaves that field for the last time...but I will.

Carra grew up an Evertonian,Stevie has being a Liverpool supporter his whole life and what fucking difference does it make to Jamie if he cries or not ? I for one would be surprised if Stevie didn't bawl his eyes out and I hope he does.

I see people have managed to miss the obvious sarcasm and humour in what he was saying.

Carragher is close friends with Gerrard, he's just taking the piss, chill out.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 13, 2015, 02:11:10 am »
Bit odd that a thread dedicated to Lucas Leiva's time at Liverpool is easily keeping pace with this one. Weird place, RAWK.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #209 on: May 13, 2015, 02:40:15 am »
I see people have managed to miss the obvious sarcasm and humour in what he was saying.

Carragher is close friends with Gerrard, he's just taking the piss, chill out.

Seriously hahahha.....
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #210 on: May 13, 2015, 03:18:26 am »
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/29327/9846911/jamie-carragher-urges-steven-gerrard-not-to-cry-on-liverpool-farewell

Disappointing comments from Carra really I think. If he wants to tear up then who cares? Theres no good reason why him crying would be a bad thing.

Really odd comments.
never warmed to Carragher, respect what he did, particularly in 05 his form was amazing, but as a person think he's a fool. What I think of when I hear Carraghers name is " plays like an Englishmen, complains like a Spainard"

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #211 on: May 13, 2015, 03:28:44 am »
The Bluenoses-ness resurfaces when they retire? Dunno.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline wannabdoc

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool is a conviction
    • my blog
« Reply #212 on: May 13, 2015, 05:06:39 am »
goodbye stevie G. thanks for the wonderful memories. had the honour to watch u play live once at anfield too.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #213 on: May 13, 2015, 05:18:47 am »
Can you imagine the weight on this man's shoulders? The sheer burden on this Atlas, lugging around the hopes and dreams of millions of Liverpool supporters worldwide for all this time? The critical mass of his own dreams and hopes of glory for his own club? It's not measurable. It's not comparable to things you and I have experienced or ever will. His rewards have been great - the luxury and comfort of a great life, the acclaim - but the weight on his shoulders? The screaming catcalls of his inferiors mocking his every mistake at every turn, thousands of horrible cretins giving him two fingers, emptying the reservoirs of their abuse in his face, plastics eponymously laminating signs to commemorate an error that had almost nothing to do with them. He's a human being and all these barbs left their marks, surely.

But he's so much more than a man, isn't he? He is an avatar of our potential greatness manifest. People will argue that he was born great, but this discounts the countless hours he spent breaking himself down and building himself up again, getting himself fit for club and country year after year after year. Never failing to answer the call when it rang out across the commons.

I am a soft c*nt, sitting here with wet eyes trying to find words worthy of a man who has meant so much to me. That goal against West Ham, the violence of that strike, a howitzer like I've never seen before, in a moment when mere mortals would have shit themselves to death. And coming hot on the heels of number 5 a year earlier. It felt like we had turned a corner and would never stop winning things again. It didn't work out that way.

BUT ...

You say the word "Istanbul" in this context enough times, it becomes nearly a cliche. Our enemies and naysayers far and wide remind us that it was 10 years ago and ask what we have done for them lately. We know better, don't we? Miracles never devolve into the mundane - they are, by their nature, eternal, immortal. We had no business winning that title. We could have folded at any point and no one would have blamed us. We were undermanned, overmatched, at just about every stage of that tournament.

But we had Steven Gerrard, and that made all the difference. That always made all the difference. He always made all the difference. His imperfections and mistakes kept him close to us, because he was and is one of us. He's only human.

But he's so much more than that.
Fuckin ell, lets not go over the top, Gerrards a great footballer, not Ganghi.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 13, 2015, 07:32:44 am »
Steven Gerrard reveals Brendan Rodgers' decision to use him as a squad player convinced him to leave Liverpool

"I think the signs this year were that I'm going to become a squad player, play less," said Gerrard, speaking at the 5Times Liverpool Former Player Association Gala Dinner.

"I'm going to come on as a sub and the buzz changes.

"For me, I go to work on a Monday morning and I look forward to Saturday, to prepare to go to battle with some wonderful people - with good mates - and that's my buzz.

"When a manager gets you into the office and says that's going to change and it's going to become more limited - that's when you make your decision.

"It's not a selfish thing; coming on as a sub's just not the same buzz so things have changed this year."

Full article: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/steven-gerrard-reveals-brendan-rodgers-decision-to-use-him-as-a-squad-player-convinced-him-to-leave-liverpool-10244859.html

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #215 on: May 13, 2015, 08:13:43 am »

I have never seen Gandhi live, so I couldn't give a damn about him.

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #216 on: May 13, 2015, 08:21:42 am »
Our greatest ever player.

If we are capable of kicking on next season without him, I'll be amazed.

Will be very interesting to see if Rodgers becomes the manager many of us thought he would be last year, and guides us seamlessly through the transition into life without a talisman - Or if we experience more disappointment. If we get 4th next year, Rodgers is a very very good manager - In consideration of what we're up against.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline Zürren

• Main Stander
« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2015, 08:38:12 am »
Football is about making people dream. And nobody has ever made me dream half as much as Steven Gerrard. Nobody.
At the end of a storm...

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2015, 08:46:28 am »
I have never seen Gandhi live, so I couldn't give a damn about him.
Sound mate yeah, not really sure what to do with that useless piece of info there.

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #219 on: May 13, 2015, 09:00:29 am »
Deserves the crowd to sing his name for the WHOLE game, all the songs, all the memories.

Quite simply the best central midfielder we HAVE EVER HAD.

I'm probably going to cry on Sunday, wouldn't surprise me if Stevie did too.

Hope to see him as our manager in a few years time.

YNWA

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 13, 2015, 12:03:51 pm »
Fuck. It's absolutely gutting that he's leaving. Starting to sink in now
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #221 on: May 13, 2015, 12:17:21 pm »
Sound mate yeah, not really sure what to do with that useless piece of info there.

Offline _00_deathscar

• Has a quite operational deflecsor shield.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • The Suite Life by Chinmoy Lad
« Reply #222 on: May 13, 2015, 01:20:40 pm »

Didn't he do one great movie then fuck off? What's he done since? Hardly tops Gerrard's career as a footballer.
All things luxury travel. Be inspired for your next trip: https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 13, 2015, 01:31:22 pm »
Really going to miss him.  His loyalty is unprecedented and as given so much to the club on and off the pitch. Massive loss and its beginning to sink in now.

Thank you Stevie for all the memories and watching you develop into the world class legend.  It's been an absolute pleasure.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #224 on: May 13, 2015, 01:37:15 pm »
I hope Gerrard gets into coaching and management. Rather than getting into punditry anyway.

I disagree.

Stevie's gonna be living and playing in LA for a coupla three years.  He, the wife and kids will become media darlings, get tons of endorsement oppos and please God no reality tv series.  But it will be pitched.

He's handsome, knowledgeable and speaks better Universal Scouse than Carra.

He'll be a huge draw on Yank and international footy broadcasts and probly become the #1 in demand personality for the next couple of World Cups and huge matches.

If he wants it.

Coaching the pros sucks.
Kill the humourless

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 13, 2015, 01:38:28 pm »

Any idea where/who the original is from? Would love to get a print of this from a higher-res image.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #226 on: May 13, 2015, 02:06:47 pm »
Was an absolute beast in midfield at his best.  Can't even imagine what it'd be like, being on the opposition team and doing ok when Stevie would start to really step it up and drag the team with him.  Everyone knows what's coming next and there was usually fuck all that could be done to stop it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2015, 02:15:42 pm »
Legend. Couldn't ask for more from him.

I feel he's been used wrong this season, and still feel he should be finishing his career with us, used sparingly and maybe a coaching role too.

Shouldn't be going States but I wish him all the best

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #228 on: May 13, 2015, 02:20:07 pm »
40 odd thousand of these on saturday?

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 13, 2015, 02:20:49 pm »

I'm guessing 'no'.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #231 on: May 13, 2015, 02:21:40 pm »

Erm. No.

Offline _Redman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: May 13, 2015, 02:42:30 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VOIYOqr3aLM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VOIYOqr3aLM</a>

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 13, 2015, 02:47:14 pm »
Didn't he do one great movie then fuck off? What's he done since? Hardly tops Gerrard's career as a footballer.

haha that`s the one, the useless twat.

Offline friendofrocky

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #234 on: May 13, 2015, 03:01:49 pm »
Has to done with laminated cards or won't have the right effect. ;)

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #235 on: May 13, 2015, 03:08:23 pm »
Play some Phil Collins at half time for the lad, he's earned it.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #236 on: May 13, 2015, 03:21:09 pm »
Boss idea. We should take a leaf out of Chelsea's book and laminate them.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #237 on: May 13, 2015, 04:22:23 pm »
Boss idea. We should take a leaf out of Chelsea's book and laminate them.

We could get the club to put a plastic LFC flag on every chair as well.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #238 on: May 13, 2015, 04:30:46 pm »
Legend. Couldn't ask for more from him.

I feel he's been used wrong this season, and still feel he should be finishing his career with us, used sparingly and maybe a coaching role too.

Shouldn't be going States but I wish him all the best

Agree with all of that, but unfortunately Gerrard doesn't want to be used sparingly which is a massive massive shame.
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #239 on: May 13, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »
That 05/06 season was unreal. He was unplayable. Perhaps his best?