Author Topic: #GERRARD8 - Steven Gerrard - The final thread (as a player)  (Read 153820 times)

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
Re: #GERRARD8 - Steven Gerrard - The final thread (as a player)
« Reply #1040 on: May 30, 2015, 05:34:52 am »
Check page 26, plenty of choice there :P
Didn't see that. Brilliant, cheers.

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: May 30, 2015, 06:45:25 am »
Happy Birthday Stevie

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: May 30, 2015, 11:37:40 am »
Happy birthday skipper!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1043 on: May 30, 2015, 03:45:07 pm »
Happy Birthday Stevie.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #1044 on: June 1, 2015, 06:36:57 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RmrHvutPmQM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RmrHvutPmQM</a>
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #1045 on: June 9, 2015, 02:24:50 pm »
Steven Gerrard and Gary Lineker unveiled by BT Sport as part of their Champions League line-up
Former Liverpool captain joins as pundit while Gary Lineker will share presenting duties with Jake Humphrey

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/11662038/Steven-Gerrard-and-Gary-Lineker-unveiled-by-BT-Sport-as-part-of-their-Champions-League-line-up.html

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1046 on: June 24, 2015, 11:16:34 pm »
Just picked up on this story, which the journos tried to turn into something critical:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33258522

It made me appreciate the man, a long time pro, for his strong opinions and honesty.

We may not agree with his judgment on some things, but he is due a great deal of respect.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #1047 on: November 24, 2016, 02:48:51 pm »
BUMP

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #1048 on: November 24, 2016, 09:11:24 pm »
It's finally all over for Stevie but he lived the dream and gave us all so many precious memories.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #1049 on: November 24, 2016, 10:44:28 pm »
What a legend. Crying shame he never got the league title.

I honestly think that Chelsea game broke him. Mentally I dont think he's gotten over it.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Kenny19

• Anny Roader
  • Dreaming our dreams and drifting within
« Reply #1050 on: November 24, 2016, 11:00:11 pm »
Just as some of the younger people on here, he made me love Liverpool FC. Words can not explain how much I adore this fella.

https://youtu.be/Fi-SdzOlef4

The cheer you hear when Kompany is being filmed and the passion captured on Stevie's face around 0:39 sums it up for me. Things didn't go our way in the end but that's a moment I'll never, ever forget. Liverpool FC means the world to him and we'll never see anyone like him again. Really feel sad at the moment but what a privilege did we have, having him as one of our own.

All the best Stevie,
YNWA

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1051 on: November 25, 2016, 12:33:35 am »
The greatest player I've ever seen in the flesh and that includes Messi and Suarez.

He simply brought things to the team that you can't quantify in statistics.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: November 25, 2016, 12:54:06 am »

I honestly think that Chelsea game broke him. Mentally I dont think he's gotten over it.

He'd a decent career, better than most. He wanted it for us and when we do lift it he'll enjoy it just as much as us. I hope I'm there to sing his song loud that day, and although he won't be playing, he'll take as much satisfaction from it as we will.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: November 25, 2016, 12:56:30 am »

what.. you know him that well? to know that? maybe its you who hasn't got over it.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: November 25, 2016, 01:43:32 am »
I feel a little sad that he has retired but wow what a player this guy was, seriously disliked by the opposition mainly because he was THAT good.

He should have won so much more both footballing wise and accolades but alas either the team was not good enough or he was overlooked inconceivably.

Magnificent player and I am happy to have watched pretty much every one of his triumphs and some of those heartbreaking losses.

Steven Gerrard  I salute you!

YNWA

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: November 25, 2016, 03:25:46 am »
Gerrard deserves all the plaudits and respect for his career and leadership of Liverpool FC. Truly one of, if not the greatest Liverpool player ever.

Hopefully he will have just as great a career as coach and manager, and I am sure that the coaches and Klopp will help his development and growth in that regard.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #1056 on: November 25, 2016, 11:40:54 am »
what.. you know him that well? to know that? maybe its you who hasn't got over it.
What a whopper. Read my post first. On both occasions said 'I think' declaring it my opinion.

He has so much as said it himself in his interview with Gary Lineker yesterday. I also think its clear to see in the WC and season following.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline redbairn

• Main Stander
« Reply #1057 on: November 25, 2016, 11:58:14 am »
Stevie, come back to the club, learn about coaching under the present coaching staff and you'll no doubt go on to be a decent coach/manager.