Author Topic: Steve Cook, missing in Crete, can you help?  (Read 120533 times)

Offline 7sold_osfp

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Steve Cook, missing in Crete, can you help?
« Reply #80 on: October 8, 2005, 01:03:43 am »
HI FRIENDS! HERE IN GREECE ARE LOOKING FOR STEVE. TODAY IT WAS ON TV . STEVE'S FAMILY WAS ON THE TV SHOW TOO.THEY ARE IN A GOOD WAY. ALL THE INVESTIGATIONS ARE GOING VERY WELL AND WE ARE ALL HOPING TO FIND STEVE SOON .
RED OR DEAD

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #81 on: October 8, 2005, 11:29:09 am »
Thanks for the update, all of the help and support we've recieved from our friends from Olympiakos is appreciated.

We're updating another thread with any news concerning Steve, you can find it here:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=84657.0
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
Re: FAO: People travelling to (or from) Crete (esp Malia) in Greece
« Reply #82 on: October 8, 2005, 01:46:52 pm »
Latest from Chris:

urrentlyat the airport.

The show went really well with several potential sightings of steve including one in a place called argos on another island. The guy who called in is very sure that hehas seen steve. There have also been 4 other potential sightings in and around the malia area. Of course, theenglish look very alike to the locals but the appealhas definitely reignited interest over here. It has all been a real boost to our spirits.

I will update you all in more detail when I get home on sunday.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
« Reply #83 on: October 8, 2005, 02:14:28 pm »
Spike will doubtless have the full story on Sunday and I don't want to pre-empt him but after a phone conversation with Spiros, a Greek Olympiakos fan (aka GTO3000 on Rawk) who saw the show there is a bit more I can add without causing any confusion.

Spiros thought the appeal went well and was very positive having seen the show. He said there was a good response in terms of callers. These included people who thought they may have seen Steve on Crete around the time of his disappearance. As well as in Malia itself some of these sightings were in nearby resorts.

He felt the lead in Argos (which I think he said was on the mainland) was significant as there were two people who both felt that the person they had seen strongly resembled Steve.

Spiros has taped the show and will also tape tonights main news on the same channel as sometimes they include updates or developments from the previous nights show should they occur. He has written down some details from last night and will hopefully post them in more detail on Rawk when he gets back from work. He concluded by saying that watching the show had left him feeling hopeful that progress would be made.

Thanks again to Spiros for his help.

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: October 9, 2005, 08:45:56 am »
LOST BRIT 'SPOTTED ON ISLAND'
9 October 2005
By Dennis Ellam

FRESH hopes were raised yesterday in the search for missing holidaymaker Steve Cook, five weeks after he vanished on the island of Crete.

Viewers swamped a Greek TV station with calls after it screened a three-hour special about his disappearance.

"We have exciting new leads - we're more convinced than ever that Steve's still alive," said his brother Chris, 30.

Among the callers was one from the Greek mainland opposite Crete, reporting an English man looking for farm work who had a mole on his right cheek, like Steve.

And a woman on Crete tried to help a young man matching his description who seemed confused and had suffered a head injury.

The Sunday Mirror told last month how the 20-year-old student from Sandbach, Cheshire, vanished from the crowded resort of Malia on the first night of a holiday with former school friends.

Sunday Mirror

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #85 on: October 9, 2005, 02:18:01 pm »
LOST BRIT 'SPOTTED ON ISLAND'
9 October 2005
By Dennis Ellam

FRESH hopes were raised yesterday in the search for missing holidaymaker Steve Cook, five weeks after he vanished on the island of Crete.

Viewers swamped a Greek TV station with calls after it screened a three-hour special about his disappearance.

"We have exciting new leads - we're more convinced than ever that Steve's still alive," said his brother Chris, 30.

Among the callers was one from the Greek mainland opposite Crete, reporting an English man looking for farm work who had a mole on his right cheek, like Steve.

And a woman on Crete tried to help a young man matching his description who seemed confused and had suffered a head injury.

The Sunday Mirror told last month how the 20-year-old student from Sandbach, Cheshire, vanished from the crowded resort of Malia on the first night of a holiday with former school friends.

Sunday Mirror

I was just reading that. Hope there's something in it.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline KTS

• Loves the mods so very much, especially on RAWK
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 9, 2005, 10:22:19 pm »
HALLO MY FRIENDS!HAVE WE  ANYTHING NEWS ABOUT STEVE??
Thanks Lord-7, your help and that provided by the rest of the Greek fans and friends is greatly appreciated.

I would just like to second what Ste has said. You help is greatly appreciated by everyone.
Has no opinion as it is normally wrong.

Offline SyneDriuM

• Boys Pen
  • DOKSA VYRONA - GATE 2
    • www.ClubCento.gr
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2005, 08:29:28 am »
I Hope he will be coming  home soon.

I have translated and sent the mail to friends in Crete and posted it on the forums i participate.
I had no replies but the mail went on and many people have their eyes open.

Keeping the fingers crossed for luck hopefully someone will find Chris and he ll be heading for the Kop again

George
Byron City
Athens
Where is he from, why is he here
Nocturnal boozer on a pursuit of beer

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2005, 09:31:12 am »
Update from Chris:

Having been on the show we feel absolutely hopefull that we will get a result soon. The show reaches between 30 and 50% of the Greek population, and from the response we got it's evident that there were still a good number of people in Crete that weren't aware of Steve's case, and a number of other things came to light such as the fact that you don't need a passport to get off the island - a driving license will suffice -even though we believed that this was not the case.

As for the show, well it went on for 3 1/2 hours. Of this the first half hour was made up of updates from previous cases and then another appeal was made for a guy, a truck driver, that went missing in Heraklion. His wagon was found emptied and he had disappeared. That took up another half an hour. Me and my mate Stig (who'd flown over with me to help and support) wished them all the best beforehand with the help of Xaris (our case reporter, translater and absolute angel on the show).

At 12pm Greek time, we went on and Miss Nikoluli, the presenter, spent a good few minutes talking about Steve's case in detail, painting the picture of Steve as being a lovely guy who has everything to live for and also the details of his disappearence.

This was also supported by an appeal for every person watching the show to help, that the programme and Greeks want to help anyone from any nationality that goes missing. To me this was fantastic as English tourists don't always do their best to ingratiate themselves with the local population. I feel that they really gave a human side to steve during this bit and that's why we had such a positive response.

It was after this that I was asked if I had something to say. I'd been practising two sentences in Greek for the previous couple of days asking for their help to bring our brother home but unfortunately I bottled it biggrin.gif Of course I can remember it all clearly now. I made a short appeal in english which was translated so hopefully our point got through anyway.

After that it was onto the calls with Steve's case and the other one alternating for the rest of the 2 hours.

I must also mention at this point what an excellent job their graphics team made during the show. Whenever they switched between the two cases and had a call they showed video footage of Steve helping Ellie, our youngest niece, learn to swim, walking in Tarragona with my mum as well as pictures of the latest poster, a picture of the family at my bro Tony's wedding and also a couple of older photos which show Steve with his hair flat (which it would now be after this time). This appeared time and time again so that people would know almost exactly what he looks like and also how much of a family lad he is.

As far as the rest of the show went Xaris was asked questions as people called in, and she responded on our behalf. We all can't thank her enough for her help - she was everything and much more that we could have asked for.

So the calls came in and this is what I currently understand from them. It's testament to the Greek character that they responded so quickly and with such care for somebody that could just well be a 'typical english lad abroad' and all of the possible reasons that may entail. Xaris is emailing me on Monday with full details but this is what was said. However bear in mind that a lot of Enlgish look alike to the locals and there are a lot of people who go island hopping etc.

1) A driver called in saying that he picked somebody up yesterday morning just outside Malia who seemed lost and when he stopped near Salidas ( a couple of KM away or so) for cigarettes the guy got out. The driver claims that this guy looked like Steve.

2) On around 3rd Sept an englishman came into a shop in Hesonissous (about 5km away from Malia). He had a cut on his head, didn't know where his hotel was and he was asking for help. The woman thinks this may have been Steve and she suggested he went to the tourist police. The tourist police then called in and say that no report was logged that day.

3) Around the 8th Sept a woman in the hills near Malia heard a noise in her backyard. She looked outside and there was a man wearing a pink shirt with a collar (Ste was wearing a pink t-shirt when he vanished), jeans (Ste was wearing combats) and with no shoes on, just black socks, out back. She asked him what he was doing (in Greek I think), what hotel he was staying in. The guy said nothing and walked off. He looked confused and lost she said.

4) A caller from the mainland in Argos (?) called in saying that a young english lad, about 19 (Ste's 20) came into his work on saturday asking if there was anything going jobwise in the orange groves. The english lad claims that he had no money and nowhere to stay. He was asked to return the next day or so to see if there would be anything. Interestingly, the fella said that this lad had a mark on his right cheek. After checking pictures Steve does indeed have a mole on his upper right cheek. This fella that called in, and one of his co-workers, seemed very sure that this lad could have been Steve. The programme are following this lead up. Beforehand I thought this scenario unlikely but given that you don't need to have a passport to get off the island...

5) A caller at a security company called in saying he knew about an english lad that was lost. He is speaking to his colleagues to see of he can get more details.

6) A caller asked about the possibility that his friends had stripped steve and thrown him into the see (they refered to this as an english 'custom'). This was largely discounted due to the fact that Ste was on his own and a good couple of km from the beach when he was last seen.

7) Somebody from Heraklion (in Crete) called in saying there was an english lad working in a cafe there who looked like Ste. THis was checked and discounted.

8 A hospital worker called in saying that an English lad had been in for a blood test. This was checked and discounted as being Ste.

9) A major Cretian radio station picked up on the story and started running appeals that night (as far as we were aware there were no radio stations that run news on Crete).

There were a few other minor things as well but the show has opened up a lot of possibilities for us and, as I said, really raised awareness over there which we need to capitalise on now.

In the meantime we have to wait and see but it's comforting to us all that we have such great professionals as Xaris and Miss Nicoluli (the presenter) working on our behalf.

It's been a real lift.

Added to that our MEP called whilst I was away so I need to speak to them in more details about things now I'm back.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 03:32:18 pm by Armin »

Offline GTO3000

• Kemlynite
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2005, 11:49:59 am »
Hello again.
What Crhis said above is accurate, so far there is not any more news.
The radio station Chris is talking about is called HYDROGIOS and broadcasting also Live
(audio/video) on the internet.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 11:52:51 am by GTO3000 »
OLYMPIAKOS

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2005, 01:04:48 pm »
Keep the faith Chris...

YNWA
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2005, 03:14:49 pm »
 Still saying a prayer for Stevie every night.   
Never give up

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
« Reply #92 on: October 11, 2005, 09:51:26 am »
The appeal fund for Chris was generously supported but now all the money has been spent on the search.  The appeal is therefore being relaunched, to try to help the family bear the cost of keeping the search alive. 

If you can help in the search you can donate money via Paypal - ynwa@bromage-smith.com or via www.findstevencook.co.uk  Remember to state that your donation is for the Steven Cook search.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
« Reply #93 on: October 11, 2005, 03:11:41 pm »
The folks are flying out there for the first time this Thursday. They have felt well helpless with just being back home so it will be good for them to see the lay of the land etc.

Will also inject some more publicity over there.

Got the BBC coming around tomorrow too.

Nothing yet confirmed from the leads from the show but I'll get in touch with them tomorrow to see how things are.

If all else fails I'm going over there with my tent, rucksack and all and fecking slumming it in the mountains for a while with a couple of mates.

Chris

Offline Chris C

• Anny Roader
  • I'll show you that British craftsmanship is alive!
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2005, 12:43:11 am »
Hi, I'm Steve's brother Chris. Firstly, apologies for not posting sooner than I have, but also thanks to Armin and our Greek friends and you all for the kind words. THanks also to all at YNWA.

After nearly six weeks we more hopefull than ever that Steve is alive. I know that this sounds grim but if Ste was in the sea or murdered in such a busy resort he would have most probably turned up by now such are the tidal conditions and heat out there.

We are doing all we can to find Ste and even though it's completely uncharacteristic of him to disappear (our last conversation beforehand was about sorting Chelsea CL tickets whilst he was away) I have every faith that he'll turn up safe.

Firstly because Crete is a massive island and at this time of year there are still bar  / farm jobs going if he is out there and well but trying to get money together.

Secondly, although they have a high level quality of healthcare not everything is in one central database of information so this makes checking records more of a manual task.

Crete is also the kind of place that has lots of natural vegitation so if he was out in the hills with amnesia he'd be able to sustain himself with oranges, olives, bananas etc. This may sound strange but I have lots of emails about people that couldn't find their hotel on the first night and walked into the mountains at the back of malia.

There are still no witnesses after the girl who he was asking for directions off. Maybe this is because he was taken by something that wouldn't arouse suspicion such as a taxi or ambulance (particularly taxis as there's a town a couple of km away called Sisi and perhaps Ste thought they said Cisse and being a liverpool fan said yes or summat).

All of the above is just the tip of the iceberg of info or possibilities that we have. All of the info we and the authorities have collated lead us to believe that he's out there and it's just a case of finding him or finding the person that can help him if he is wandering around.

Once more though I'd like to thank the people of Greece for their help. Everyone when I have been over there has treated us like family and it's comforting to know that we have such good people helping to bring my brother home.

YNWA

CHris

Werthers Hag

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red & White Kop
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2005, 12:59:17 am »
GATE 7# OLYMPIAKOS , I'm still pushing on the Olympiakos site and I truly commend your efforts, you are true gentleman! :scarf

From a personal perspective, I hope this helps.

Whilst at Art College, I met quite a few people who were searching souls, along with myself - this is'nt generational at all, it's part of human nature. It willl keep happening. A friend of mine said 'fuck it!' and went off to Crete and found his solace on the south coast of Crete where there are numerous honeycomb like caves that had been used previously by a previous generation at the time called 'Hippies'. He stayed there for six months! Crazy! I know! He still shivers at the concerns that he caused! His mother and father have never let him forget it!

Kids never change, nor do parents! When we are parents the switch is subtle, we are not kids anymore or the youngsters we would wish to be, our offfspring  make us eternal, knowing the family line will continue, and we question our purpose- where is the time for me?

The time for me, we are born with self interest, we would not survive otherwise.

My point here, is that due to the lack of news,  he could simply be hiding.

Hiding or disconnecting?

I truly hope that this is the case.

YNWA
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2005, 10:08:45 pm »
Chris posted this on the thread on the LFC forum but I know many of you will be checking this one...

Hi, I'm Steve's brother Chris. Firstly, apologies for not posting sooner than I have, but also thanks to Armin and our Greek friends and you all for the kind words. THanks also to all at YNWA.

After nearly six weeks we more hopefull than ever that Steve is alive. I know that this sounds grim but if Ste was in the sea or murdered in such a busy resort he would have most probably turned up by now such are the tidal conditions and heat out there.

We are doing all we can to find Ste and even though it's completely uncharacteristic of him to disappear (our last conversation beforehand was about sorting Chelsea CL tickets whilst he was away) I have every faith that he'll turn up safe.

Firstly because Crete is a massive island and at this time of year there are still bar  / farm jobs going if he is out there and well but trying to get money together.

Secondly, although they have a high level quality of healthcare not everything is in one central database of information so this makes checking records more of a manual task.

Crete is also the kind of place that has lots of natural vegitation so if he was out in the hills with amnesia he'd be able to sustain himself with oranges, olives, bananas etc. This may sound strange but I have lots of emails about people that couldn't find their hotel on the first night and walked into the mountains at the back of malia.

There are still no witnesses after the girl who he was asking for directions off. Maybe this is because he was taken by something that wouldn't arouse suspicion such as a taxi or ambulance (particularly taxis as there's a town a couple of km away called Sisi and perhaps Ste thought they said Cisse and being a liverpool fan said yes or summat).

All of the above is just the tip of the iceberg of info or possibilities that we have. All of the info we and the authorities have collated lead us to believe that he's out there and it's just a case of finding him or finding the person that can help him if he is wandering around.

Once more though I'd like to thank the people of Greece for their help. Everyone when I have been over there has treated us like family and it's comforting to know that we have such good people helping to bring my brother home.

YNWA

CHris

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2005, 09:25:31 am »
Missing man's family fly to Crete 

The family of a student who went missing while on holiday in Crete will fly to the island on Friday to meet police investigating his disappearance.

Steve Cook, 20, from Sandbach in Cheshire, disappeared on the first night of a holiday with friends in Malia on 31 August.

Some of his relatives have flown to Crete to help police in their search.

Several people reported seeing the student after an appeal on Greek television two weeks ago.

His family said he was last seen walking away from his hotel after becoming separated from a friend following a visit to a bar.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4340902.stm

Offline GTO3000

• Kemlynite
« Reply #98 on: October 15, 2005, 12:33:46 pm »
After watching the program again last night i'm sorry to say that there was not news or leads for Steve  ???
No news is not always bad news .
OLYMPIAKOS

Offline GTO3000

• Kemlynite
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2005, 04:07:00 pm »
Something New
The radio station Hydrogios www.1069.gr  in Crete will be broadcasting the show
Light in the tunnel live.  http://67.15.143.16/alter-tv-live
Keep Searching.
OLYMPIAKOS

Offline The Albert Cock

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2005, 11:39:40 am »
agony for all involved, obviosuly were all hoping for some good news soon and that Steve returns home.

Offline Chris C

• Anny Roader
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2005, 12:27:29 am »
Thanks to all for your comments and help.

I apologise for not updating too regularly but these past few days I have been conducting a 'lifestyle' profile of Ste as well as racking my brains as to what else we can do to help find him.

The latest news is that the police in the UK don't suspect that his friends are implicated, that Steve hasnt simply decided to 'run off' nor that he has met a girl. By the same token it's unlikely that Ste would have gone down to the beach that night.

So where does this leave us?

Well I have had loads of emails of support and folk offering information or help and we have forwarded these on to the authorities to look at.

To understand Malia, you have to go there and after this amount of time we have been told that had Ste gone into the see, or had been thrown in, he would have been found by now. Also the land is very dry and hard and if he'd been done in it would be obvious by either a shallow grave, the smell in the heat or by animals milling around the place. Most folk that are killed are found within 5KM of the scene. Sniffer dog and helicopter searches have found nothing. We have also had over 100 folk searching the area by grid references.

Also, due to the nature of the land over there all burials are above ground and any man made grave would be shallow. Not only that but most folks don't have gardens so it's highly unlikely someone would have the equipment to dig a grave. He'd most likely have been dumped somewhere.

So, we keep on searching and hoping. We won't give up, that's for sure, and we all believe he is out there and alive.

I'll try and keep you all updated but in the meantime sing YNWA for Ste.

Werthers Hag

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2005, 09:43:04 am »
Singing it for Ste as I type Chris.  There's no need to apologise.   With so much on your mind its very kind of you to post on here at all.   God keep him safe and grant you and your family the strength to carry on until you find him alive.   You are all in our thoughts.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Liverpool O5

• Boys Pen
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2005, 02:17:07 am »
Pray to God this lad is Ok, YNWA.

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2005, 09:40:10 pm »
Is there any update on this?
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline Chris C

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2005, 11:40:34 pm »
the latest is just been round to see the folks this afternoon after they flew home in the wee hours of this morning.

Whilst waiting in the airport they mentioned that the Olympiakos team arrived for  / from their game versus Iraklion and the locals gave the Olympiakos team a 'warm' welcome :D

They also got chatting to a family from Liverpool (two blues one red) about Ste and they had a good natter for half an hour or so.

I think it has been a real tonic to them having gone out there and it's provided a lot of peace of mind for them to see the place for themselves.

They have also met quite a few ex-pats over there who are going to be keeping their ear to the ground and speaking to their greek friends.

Like the rest of the family they have been astounded by how concerned and surprised the locals are about the whole situation and also very reassured by the support they were given by them.

They have done extensive searches of hospitals etc including a psychiacric hospital and god knows how tough it must have been for them to do that, but they are back in good spirits.

They have been making sure that posters continue to be placed out in the island and have done everything they can.

It has to be said though that it's so good to see them home again.

We are all upbeat and there are several lines of thought that we all share about what could have happened and we still remain totally positive for a happy ending to it all, moreso know that we know that folks out there are doing all they can in their own way to find out what they can. We feel like we have the whole local community on our side and that they know what kind of person Ste is and the type of family he comes from.

Another positive is that we understand that the TV show, Light at the end of the tunnel, actually has had a team of investigators out in the area over the past week so hopefully they can turn something up.

None of us really believe that there's much point in going out there again for the forseeable future as we have so many people on hand to help if we do hear any rumours or information worth following up on.

Now we'll be focusing our efforts on cutting through whatever red tape we can to get the investigation proper moving forwards. Whether we can do this we don't know but we'll bloody well do our best.

YNWA

Chris 
Werthers Hag

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2005, 11:58:56 pm »
Keep us updated Chris.

You know you are not alone and loads of Worldwide Reds are wishing you and yours all the best. When you get down, use us for strength, we're here for you.

YNWA..

Offline Chris C

• Anny Roader
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2005, 12:48:08 am »
Cheers Mel,

It's apprecated. Will email you soon mate (when I get a break from hassling MP's, MEP's etc).

Say hi to Mike BTW.
Werthers Hag

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2005, 01:15:19 pm »
Cheers Mel,

It's apprecated. Will email you soon mate (when I get a break from hassling MP's, MEP's etc).

Say hi to Mike BTW.

No problems..

and will do...

YNWA

Offline Sarah Deane

• The Artist Formerly Known As sair37. RAWK Pornographer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only woman to be sacked by Houllier
    • Tales From The City
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2005, 09:12:05 am »
Thanks for keeping us informed, Chris. Everyone knows how consuming this is for you all. Appreciated. :)

Offline rob w

• Main Stander
  • Tynesider
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2005, 11:39:41 am »
Aye - we drop in from time to time from the newcastle board to see if owt has turned up on the lad

fingers crossed!!!
"I only drink champagne - anything else muddies the complexion" - Miss Piggy

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
« Reply #111 on: November 4, 2005, 04:34:41 pm »
I've merged the thread in the LFC forum into this one which will remain the main Rawk thread for information on the search for Steven Cook.  It was getting confusing having updates in different threads.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2005, 12:36:04 am »
Any news on the lad?

Saw his picture in the Liverpool Univeristy when i was with James, James told me about it.

Hows it going? Hope he is found safe and well!
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline sydney_gal

• descended from pomegranates
  • Legacy Fan
  • Evil Twin
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2005, 08:16:17 am »
I keep checking to see if there is some good news on here.

Thinking of you and your family Chris.

Really hope Steve turns up well soon.
"you've gotta fight for every dream cause who's to know which one you let go, would have made you complete.."

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2005, 12:21:46 am »
Argos is on the mainland in the Pelopennese.

If Steve has a skull injury, this indeed may be worrying. The basic instinct that we all have is to survive and get to a safe place - home. My main point is here that he will not  be confined to Crete. In his mind he could well be heading north or north west. If Steve has suffered violence by anothers hand this will have a traumatic effect on his psyche. His trust in other people will be severely compromized. His instincts will make sure that  he is wholed up in a safe place on his travels.

The contact I have had with Olympiakos has been responsive in the sense of acknowledgement of my posts for Steve, I am a member, due to holidays and Greek friends, but I am not a modern Greek speaker! My commununication is English and basic Greek. Olympiakos have just posted me their latest footy news in Greek and it wll either take me an hour to translate it all, or I request the English version!

I must say that the Greeks have been proactive in looking for our fellow scouser and any sightings should and must be noted! The Greek communities, their towns, their villages are always aware of newcomers and are hospitable to them, this makes it easier for the Greek police to trace his whereabouts. If Steve mistrusts, if he is in difficulty, his iniitial instincts will be to hide and elude for self preservation. Obviously this is a complication in trying to find a lost person, yet another mitigating factor for the Greek police.

I don't know if this helps - personally I think that Steve will be found.

My thoughts and prayers are with Steve's family.

:thumbup

Socrates

Offline Socratease

• RAWK Philosopher
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2005, 12:37:47 am »
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Socrates

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2005, 12:04:17 am »
hope the young lad is found . youll never walk alone steve come back to your family as they are missing you
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline Chris C

• Anny Roader
« Reply #117 on: November 26, 2005, 03:10:07 am »
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Argos is on the mainland in the Pelopennese.

If Steve has a skull injury, this indeed may be worrying. The basic instinct that we all have is to survive and get to a safe place - home. My main point is here that he will not  be confined to Crete. In his mind he could well be heading north or north west. If Steve has suffered violence by anothers hand this will have a traumatic effect on his psyche. His trust in other people will be severely compromized. His instincts will make sure that  he is wholed up in a safe place on his travels.

The contact I have had with Olympiakos has been responsive in the sense of acknowledgement of my posts for Steve, I am a member, due to holidays and Greek friends, but I am not a modern Greek speaker! My commununication is English and basic Greek. Olympiakos have just posted me their latest footy news in Greek and it wll either take me an hour to translate it all, or I request the English version!

I must say that the Greeks have been proactive in looking for our fellow scouser and any sightings should and must be noted! The Greek communities, their towns, their villages are always aware of newcomers and are hospitable to them, this makes it easier for the Greek police to trace his whereabouts. If Steve mistrusts, if he is in difficulty, his iniitial instincts will be to hide and elude for self preservation. Obviously this is a complication in trying to find a lost person, yet another mitigating factor for the Greek police.

I don't know if this helps - personally I think that Steve will be found.

My thoughts and prayers are with Steve's family.

:thumbup

THanks Socratease. You would not believe how much I have thought similar things. Ste, although having lived in Liverpool for 2 years is quite niave in some ways - he's from a small town and if he has had a blow to the head - especially on his first night before he got to know his bearings  and location - even being taken a few KM away would confuse him and I agree, survival instinct says to keep your head down and make your way back - especially when you don't know where you are. Homing instinct may kick in.

Here's the latest:

The UK police went out to Crete on Tuesday and they are now on the way back and I spoke to my dad earlier and they'd called him. The tone of the DCI and the family liaison officer was positive but whether that's positive in police terms and that they'd got some info, whether it was because the two forces were very receptive and found whatever info they both had of use - we don't know.

I must admit having had so much info passed on and being exposed to a lot of the gossip and conjecture that the various scenarios run through your head time and time again without any logical conclusion. However, for all of that we all feel in our hearts that Steve is out there.

One more positive thing is that both police have done a few joint press conferences and I received an email today saying that it had a full page in the Crete paper and has been featured on tv.

Fingers crossed and prayers that Steve will be home for Christmas, god I hope so.

There are still several leads from the tv show to be followed up on and we hope that one of these people who are lost, can't speak or whatever is Steve so we can bring him home and get him better.

If anybody can help to spread the word in Greece we now have a Greek language version of the site up and running at http://www.findstevencook.co.uk/gr_index.htm

Please distribute this as freely as possible.

YNWA

Chris

PS - Armin - have your email and will get back ASAP.
Werthers Hag

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2005, 01:41:51 am »
Chris...keep the faith

I wear the scarve he gave me for every match.

He's in a lot of peoples thoughts..

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #119 on: November 27, 2005, 11:49:28 pm »
any news on steve i keep checking this thread to see if he has been found, keep the faith he will turn up walk on walk on
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone