Author Topic: FT: WBA 0 - Liverpool 1 (Firmino 45+1')  (Read 40400 times)

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FT: WBA 0 - Liverpool 1 (Firmino 45+1')
« Reply #680 on: April 18, 2017, 09:31:25 am »
It takes one to know another. The blocking of defending players is classic Tony Pulis. Undone at every [Pulis] level.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: April 18, 2017, 09:50:33 am »
On MOTD they were highlighting the goal. It seems the tactic was for Firmino to block the defender and for the flick on to go to Lovren on the back post. Pulis was complaining about the way Firmino was blocking the defender.

Ha ha, fucking hypocrite. 3rd against Arsenal, fella on the line whose only job is to block the defender and keeper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv_CKL0221k
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #682 on: April 18, 2017, 10:05:44 am »
Ha ha, fucking hypocrite. 3rd against Arsenal, fella on the line whose only job is to block the defender and keeper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv_CKL0221k

Yes, hypocrite and a real anti football manager.

Playing at home, big crowd, sitting safely in 8th, and he insists on defending en masse in case we inflict a big defeat on them by making it an open game. Those fans won't put up with that for many seasons.

I saw no foul by Bobby at all.

Also, realised why he started with Robson-Kanu up front. He scored within a minute of coming on against Arsenal. He is one of the worst strikers in the league and I was very happy to see him start.

My predictive text named him Robson-Kangaroo there!!  He is a bit of a Joey.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #683 on: April 18, 2017, 10:31:48 am »
Just saying about the Moreno miss: it wasn't that bad. Sturridge to his left was offside and that's the only Reds player Moreno saw. It was correct to shoot instead of playing a blind pass to the right. I do think he should score that one though...
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #684 on: April 18, 2017, 10:31:49 am »
FINALLY beat Pulis away

THIS is what we need to do more often next season, what we've done in the last 2 games.....grinding out the ugly wins.

Gives me a lot more confidence in these lads and Jurgen to have just seen us put 6 points in the bag away to Stoke and West Brom.

Now to get more consistent at it.

Not long left, hope we keep this momentum up....we're in a great position to finish in the top 4
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #685 on: April 18, 2017, 10:38:54 am »
Until Sturridge and Moreno came on am I right in thinking we played the game with only right footed players?

If true that sounds like a Masonic Illumanati conspiracy. It worked, let's do it again.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #686 on: April 18, 2017, 11:04:34 am »
Just saying about the Moreno miss: it wasn't that bad. Sturridge to his left was offside and that's the only Reds player Moreno saw. It was correct to shoot instead of playing a blind pass to the right. I do think he should score that one though...

Firstly the pass to Sturridge was on when Sturridge was still in his own half, secondly Moreno should be aware of who was around him and thirdly there was no keeper and 50 yards of space to run into just push it past the last man and turn it in to a foot race.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: April 18, 2017, 11:17:13 am »
Firstly the pass to Sturridge was on when Sturridge was still in his own half, secondly Moreno should be aware of who was around him and thirdly there was no keeper and 50 yards of space to run into just push it past the last man and turn it in to a foot race.

So push the ball wider to Sturridge, closes the angle to goal which will also allow more time for the cover defence. The ball would also be further to goal.
  Cannot be aware of what is behind him unless you expect him to have eyes in the back of his head. Furthermore there is nothing to his right in his peripheral vision from the outset.
Open goal with a clear view. Right decision all day long. Just fluffed the execution. If you cannot see this and continue with the criticism, I say you have an agenda. Give the kid a break. Scapegoating on this level is taken to new levels week by week. Some have even suggested that he is to blame if we get pipped on goal difference. Blaming a player who has played how many minutes in the season. It is so laughable but equally sad. Lucas it is fortunate that he is playing well and contributing otherwise he would been in the sights of those same very fans.

Offline heylookitsjacob

• 's Cream Crackers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #688 on: April 18, 2017, 03:34:52 pm »
This other dude lacks game intelligence as well. He had time to control the ball and pass it in, but he instead just sky-highed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG8M581LzJc

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #689 on: April 18, 2017, 03:40:15 pm »
Fantastic result. Two strong willed victories back to back now. We're putting to sword the unfair accusation that the team has a weak mentality. Those are hard earned victories that could hopefully push us over the line in the search for Champions League football. Bobby popping up with a crucial goal again and the Lovren/Matip partnership proving strong when the can play together once again. Brilliant Reds!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #690 on: April 18, 2017, 03:42:22 pm »
Fantastic result. Two strong willed victories back to back now. We're putting to sword the unfair accusation that the team has a weak mentality. Those are hard earned victories that could hopefully push us over the line in the search for Champions League football. Bobby popping up with a crucial goal again and the Lovren/Matip partnership proving strong when the can play together once again. Brilliant Reds!

And Simon Mignolet playing like a No.1 goalkeeper for Liverpool when it matters most.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #691 on: April 18, 2017, 04:16:05 pm »
And Simon Mignolet playing like a No.1 goalkeeper for Liverpool when it matters most.

Indeed. He's stepping up to the plate when needed these days. Hopefully the days when he almost conceded every shot he faced are long gone.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #692 on: April 18, 2017, 04:26:31 pm »

Agree credit where its due he's been magnificent over the last few weeks.

He's given me too many heart attacks over his time here to be fully certain he should be the clubs No1 going forward.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #693 on: April 18, 2017, 04:27:45 pm »

Sturridge is not the fastest and would have had defenders closing him down that far out. And anyway:

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/31/en/football/international_football/1409508445.html
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: April 18, 2017, 11:04:33 pm »
Massive win. Out Pulis-ed Pulis.

Don't think we out Pulised them, we still played our game, we were just conservative and didn't overcommit to nullify them having counterattacks. And we also never just slung it in from wide to let their grocks head away, we usually recycled it from out wide or Clyne drove to the byline (which is what he should always do because his aerial delivery is poor).

I thought Jürgen's comments after the game were interesting where he said about the first half that we were doing the right movements but the timing was all off so that passing didn't get going, that they were only doing the movements as if they had been told to do them, not because they knew why they were doing them. It felt like an interesting insight.

Also thought the Atléti game showed that no matter how good you are, if a team who's well coached wants to launch an aeriel onslaught, it's difficult to stop it from happening. You just have to deal with it. The fact that it took until the 91st min for West Brom to get their second corner was really disciplined and we dealt brilliantly with nearly all the set pieces – I think the first long throw we made a hash of getting a good clearance on, but from then it was pretty great.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: April 19, 2017, 09:30:28 am »
nicely done. It's great to win beautifully, goals galore, outpass, outplay and totally dominate a side. It's also nice to win ugly as well.

Mignolet for me has probably earned himself another season at the club with his recent performances, he's saved us 4 points now in the last 2 games and you can see the confidence in him from the defenders now so that helps. Defending wise, it was good, there was a couple of chaotic moments, but the way we are right now, we can deal with that and that's what matters. I like the fact that we kept their set pieces to a minimum, and especially corners, was it just 2 from them all game, and the first one resulted in a free kick to us after the ball had been kicked? That's impressive.

Anyway nice to get 3 points and onwards and upwards we go.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: April 19, 2017, 01:54:57 pm »
Sturridge is not the fastest and would have had defenders closing him down that far out. And anyway:

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/31/en/football/international_football/1409508445.html

Surely Al means why didn't Moreno knock it past the last defender and run onto it? I don't get why he didn't do that - not like he hasn't got the pace!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: April 19, 2017, 02:00:55 pm »
Surely Al means why didn't Moreno knock it past the last defender and run onto it? I don't get why he didn't do that - not like he hasn't got the pace!
Personally I think he took the correct decision to shoot. It shouldn't be that difficult for a pro footballer to get the ball on target from that distance, but on this occasion he got the execution wrong.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: April 19, 2017, 02:04:06 pm »
Personally I think he took the correct decision to shoot. It shouldn't be that difficult for a pro footballer to get the ball on target from that distance, but on this occasion he got the execution wrong.

I think he made to correct decision not to pass on this occasion, and I think he was right in shooting - but think he could have gone 10-15 yards further up the pitch
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid