Author Topic: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 15572 times)

Offline Danthemanaussiered

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #320 on: March 17, 2017, 10:11:17 AM »
Because we want more people to sit (stand) together. Also selling in blocks of 10 means less single/double seats in later sales. In the later sales it would be hard to find a chunk of tickets together and by only allowing 4 a time, its fairer for smaller groups, a bigger groups needs just 1 of 10 people to get through to sort the group.
Finally in later sales the chances of a group of 10 being in a similar credit level is rare, but higher levels with people on lots a different credits being in the same sale it would be easier to get a group of 10

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #321 on: March 17, 2017, 10:17:35 AM »
10 when it's guaranteed I think, 4 when it isn't so more people have a chance. Think that is what someone said b4 on here.

Still only one per qualifying FC/ST though
We are a team of one half.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Golly! An alien judge!
« Reply #322 on: March 20, 2017, 10:02:50 PM »

Emirates Air Miles can be used to get semi-final tickets. Against modern football.
It's the same old story, all love and glory. It's a pantomime.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #323 on: March 20, 2017, 10:16:01 PM »
That's absolutely mental

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: March 20, 2017, 10:37:14 PM »
And the media  do genuinely debate why the FA cup has lost its way over the last decade and a bit
Teams(ahem) not entering - ridiculous match scheduling -  collect airmiles for semi final..repeat semi final tickets

Bellends
+6 ticket exchange

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #325 on: March 20, 2017, 10:57:13 PM »
That is outrageous! Imagine struggling to get a ticket and hearing about shite like that happening.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline lfc79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #326 on: March 21, 2017, 12:09:51 AM »
mot great marketing but those tickets are coming out of the sponsor allocations so would be going to either competition winners or corporate freebies anyway.
It is far to much that 1/3 of the stadium goes to corporate seats but 8000 or so for the fa grassroots are also tickets that should go to actual fans or should come out of the sponsors tickets.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #327 on: March 21, 2017, 12:10:07 AM »
Presumably these are in the neutral sections? Still wrong like, but there are so many tickets which aren't given to the two finalists.....

Offline ABJ

• Believer
  • Internet terrorist @ABJ_LFC
« Reply #328 on: March 21, 2017, 07:54:28 AM »
Presumably these are in the neutral sections? Still wrong like, but there are so many tickets which aren't given to the two finalists.....
They are not in the neutral sections, the are guaranteed to be in the end of whichever club you follow.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline willfc

• Anny Roader
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #329 on: March 21, 2017, 11:14:42 AM »
Had a lad outside the tram station at the etihad on sunday offering 300 for away end tickets and home end tickets as well, had to 'contact the lad if we wanted them' and he'll be there in minutes, what a joke
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline nayia2002

• It was all down to suarez.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #330 on: March 21, 2017, 04:33:53 PM »
They'll always be touting unfortunately as demand always outstrips supply
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #331 on: March 21, 2017, 04:48:15 PM »
Compulsory 15% like fa cup games would solve it.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #332 on: March 21, 2017, 06:37:46 PM »
Then our fans at home would lose out. No easy solution  :-\

Offline Prest078

• Kopite
« Reply #333 on: March 21, 2017, 07:27:12 PM »
10 percent for aways would be great well worth taking the hit at home.

Years ago before seats you got loads of away tickets , this fell due to reduced capacity after seats but loads of grounds have expanded now giving them the same or more than before, Old Trafford, Arsenal, West Ham, City and soon to be Chelsea and Spurs not forgetting ourselves.

Offline willfc

• Anny Roader
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #334 on: March 21, 2017, 07:55:58 PM »
I'd be more than happy to lose 2k more if it meant less touting and bigger aways at bigger grounds 100%
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #335 on: March 21, 2017, 09:56:48 PM »
Thing is, most clubs don't take a full allocation at aways as it is, so upping it to 10% / 15% or whatever isn't going to benefit many clubs at all

Offline andy07

• Believer
« Reply #336 on: March 21, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »
Thing is, most clubs don't take a full allocation at aways as it is, so upping it to 10% / 15% or whatever isn't going to benefit many clubs at all

We need more tickets,  we could have taken 10000 to City on Sunday (maybe more).  If we had an unlimited number of tickets what would our lowest away following be?  Posssibly 5000 at an unattractive venue in midweek December.  Quite happy to take the hit on the home tickets at Anfield provided we get extra tickets for aways.   Easily done without any effect on the atmosphere if you weed out the arl'arses, bellends and whoppers.
Scouse and English (with a bit of Scots)

Offline swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Believer
« Reply #337 on: March 21, 2017, 10:39:47 PM »
We need more tickets,  we could have taken 10000 to City on Sunday (maybe more).  If we had an unlimited number of tickets what would our lowest away following be?  Posssibly 5000 at an unattractive venue in midweek December.  Quite happy to take the hit on the home tickets at Anfield provided we get extra tickets for aways.   Easily done without any effect on the atmosphere if you weed out the arl'arses, bellends and whoppers.

Don't disagree it'd benefit us in the slightest. But I'd say maybe 5 out of 20 clubs in the Premier League would take the maximum 10/15%. That's why I never see it happening.

Offline Prest078

• Kopite
« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2017, 12:50:48 AM »
Think you'd be surprised how many teams would take, especially with the £30 being in place. If Newcastle and Leeds came up they would take loads everywhere.