Author Topic: Some insight and perspective on Jurgen Klopp  (Read 29825 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Some insight and perspective on Jurgen Klopp
« Reply #80 on: February 7, 2017, 05:24:56 pm »
Wasn't too sure where to put this but I thought this excerpt from a Sid Lowe interview with Kevin-Prince Boateng was great

‘Klopp is the best coach in the world’
But footballers have to play and opportunities remained limited until Dortmund took Boateng on loan for six months in January 2009, the eve of their explosion. The manager was Jürgen Klopp and the mention of his name excites. “Yes!” Boateng says. “I could see it immediately. He’s the best coach in the whole world. He knows when to push you and when to comfort you. He knows when you need a drink, when you need water. He has this …” His voice trails off. “He has everything. Ask the players and they’ll say: ‘He’s the best, I’d die for him.’

“He knows exactly what every player needs and gives them time. There were players at Dortmund who played five minutes in six months but they were happy: happy to come to training, happy to work, because he made you feel important. Not necessarily as a player – maybe he doesn’t need you – but as a person. That’s why he’s successful everywhere. And Liverpool’s perfect; just watching his presentation you see it. ‘The normal one’: people there love that. If he’d gone to Paris, it would have been best suit, [different message]. He knows how to grab people.”

Moments, chance, decisions; they can change a career, a life. There must be times when Boateng thinks: “If I’d stayed at Dortmund with Klopp …” The response is immediate. “I’d have played a Champions League final, won the league, the cup. But: ‘if’, ‘when’ … I don’t know. I’ve had a career many dream of. I’m happy, but I know I could have done better; if I’d focused more, worked harder earlier. I’m happy to have met Klopp, to have worked with him, even if it was only six months.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/07/kevin-prince-boateng-las-palmas-interview

Well spotted Gerry. That's a brilliant article and I love his total admiration for Klopp. Someone else was talking about him, think it was one of the Dortmund players. They said they would run through walls for him, because like Boateng said, he was just so dynamic and his loaylty was absolute to them. He really was part of the team, we're lucky to have him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: February 7, 2017, 05:53:46 pm »
can't understand any fan questioning Klopps suitability to manage us to the title butrack comparisons to Rafa are not valid.Rafa had a certain way with the players that for me eventually took its toll and added to that his transfers in the final season was his ultimate downfall.Klopp would've walked a couple of leagues with the squad of 2006-2010...they would've gone to hell n back for him.Whereas I just think the players did just enough for Rafa but no more.That's Klopps greatest trait,the players obviously want to do their best and will do whatever it takes to get us to where he wants us to be.He has improved every single player or at least those that buy into his vision.It's going to be a roller coaster ride however long it lasts but let's hope it's Klopps decision when to go and not some knobs on a forum or cretins in the media who like nothing better than to knock us.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #82 on: February 7, 2017, 05:59:15 pm »
and to think some myopic gobshites are already saying the honeymoon's over....reality is we're still outside the church...getting the order of the photos right...forming an orderly procession and waiting for the nuptials to begin

*other metaphors are available
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #83 on: February 7, 2017, 08:14:19 pm »
I think the honeymoon period is over for some. We're all unhappy about the results over the last month. I said when we got Jurgen Klopp that their was nobody I'd rather have as manager than him and I still feel that way now. We need to avoid knee jerk reactions and get behind him and the team because if he can't do the business for us then I'd genuinely question if anybody out there can.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 7, 2017, 09:17:10 pm »
Might aswell throw my 2 bob's worth in. Jurgen Klopp is one of a kind, I can't think of any other managers around who has the presence he does, and can galvanise  a club like him.
I always think there's only 2 or 3 managers in the world who players wold give up a lot to come and play for and he is for sure one of the few.  By the way I think we'll see that this summer, we'll see real quality.
He talked from day one about changing the mentality of the club, the players. For me he done that for a while and to an extent,  but when the going got really tough, we seen what some payers are made of and I'm fairly sure Klopp has realised that.
Yes he has made mistakes, but a lot of points dropped have been because of individual errors by players that can't just be bad luck. Quality, lapses and personality plays a part.
If that can't be changed within a player, we'll upgrade I'm sure of that.
You only have to look at the Dortmund team he built to see what he can do when he gets his own team the way he wants it.
The media can fuck right off if they think they chip away and throw a few hand grenades in here and there, its in their nature to destruct.
You could argue Chelsea, but I'll bet every other set of fans in the league would take Klopp over their current manager
How often do you get a manager who every football fan loves, plays brilliant football, respects opponents and is a right mad bastard on top of all that ?

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #85 on: February 7, 2017, 09:43:42 pm »
I think it would be a big help to really belt out the Jürgen Klopp song again, not heard it sung in ages. He's taken over power, he's only just begun

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2017, 11:16:34 pm »
The amount of quivering and analysis when we lose some matches does my head in. And now Klopp? Our best manager for ages. An inspirational, ambitious manager most other teams would take in a heartbeat.

Just give him time, give him support and fucking back off with your negativity. We've not won the league for years and even worse we've won one trophy in ten years. You could actually argue we're performing above par at the moment yet this horrific fan base still feels it has some divine right to be challenging for the league year on year.

Klopp has my backing 100% and will do for a good long while yet.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2017, 11:25:55 pm »
The amount of quivering and analysis when we lose some matches does my head in. And now Klopp? Our best manager for ages. An inspirational, ambitious manager most other teams would take in a heartbeat.

Just give him time, give him support and fucking back off with your negativity. We've not won the league for years and even worse we've won one trophy in ten years. You could actually argue we're performing above par at the moment yet this horrific fan base still feels it has some divine right to be challenging for the league year on year.

Klopp has my backing 100% and will do for a good long while yet.

:thumbup

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2017, 08:37:57 pm »
His record in big games just blows my mind.

Since he took over against the rest of the Top 7 (Arsenal, Spurs, City, Utd, Chelsea, Ev) record is P22 W11 D10 L1 - that's just batshit insane.

This season it's P9 W5 D4 L0 conceded only 7 goals in these 3 of which were in one game against Arsenal. We actually defend really well in big games which makes our shambolic defending against lesser sides that much more baffling.

All this tells me if we qualify for CL next season we'll make a lot of noise imo as not many manager set-up their teams this good in big games - our set-up against the teams that want to pass the ball around is really something else.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2017, 08:53:21 pm »
His record in big games just blows my mind.

Since he took over against the rest of the Top 7 (Arsenal, Spurs, City, Utd, Chelsea, Ev) record is P22 W11 D10 L1 - that's just batshit insane.

This season it's P9 W5 D4 L0 conceded only 7 goals in these 3 of which were in one game against Arsenal. We actually defend really well in big games which makes our shambolic defending against lesser sides that much more baffling.

All this tells me if we qualify for CL next season we'll make a lot of noise imo as not many manager set-up their teams this good in big games - our set-up against the teams that want to pass the ball around is really something else.

More than anything I think this highlights what we already know which is that we have a decent first team who can beat anyone on their day, but struggle to remain consistent across a season, particularly against less technical opposition who will look to play fairly defensively. I think this just highlights how thin our squad is. Add 4-5 top players to the squad we have and we'd see such a difference in terms of how many competitions we'd be looking to win.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2017, 08:54:00 pm »
He is a big game manager. Some of those Dortmund fans make me think Klopp can be ruthless behind the scenes. Passion goes both ways.

Every game must be won. The confidence problem must be solved.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2017, 09:08:48 pm »
Good to see looking so happy after the game, didn't want to name any player as the whole team played well. But then couldn't resist doing just that. Well played Jurgen.  ;D

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2017, 09:11:17 pm »
Didn't need a plan B for this game. Tottenham play to our strengths!!!

It's still the lower team syndrome we need to address...

Champions League would suit the way we play to the ground..badly wanna get there

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2017, 02:17:28 pm »
We can afford to give Klopp time. We're on solid ground financially so don't need to panic. We have a manager who excels in developing players and ample financial clout to buy the right players, i.e. the ones Klopp wants, and develop them over a period of time. It's not a matter of life and death to qualify for the Champions league this year (although it would be a welcome help on many levels). The work put in to action by Klopp and his team can and will go on either way.

If we were in United's shoes however, qualifying for CL is pivotal. Crazy debt that needs to be serviced, lots of huuuuge wages to cover,  sponsorship deals that will decrease in value if they miss it etc.

So yeah, I want success now as much as any of you, but too many people are panicking far too prematurely and seem to lack, bewilderingly, faith in Klopp.

Sit down and enjoy the ride.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2017, 03:13:08 pm »
Klopp's tactics or coaching was never the issue during our poor run. It was our players who let him down.

A Liverpool without Mane is toothless. This is the same for every club if their key player is missing. In the end, no matter how good the tactics are, we still will need the players to execute it and without a special player like Mane, nothing clicks.

I wish we could also have one or two more special players so that the Jan f*** u* doesn't happen again.

Offline shader

• Main Stander
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2017, 06:49:39 pm »
Go read the Dortmund board now.  99% of them would take Klopp back in a heartbeat.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2017, 06:56:21 pm »
Go read the Dortmund board now.  99% of them would take Klopp back in a heartbeat.

i think Tuchel is finding it difficult at the moment. But he had something to live up to following Klopp. Having said that, they're not having him.  :)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2017, 08:48:05 pm »
Klopp and Liverpool - a deadly combination.

Our club can bring the best out of players and managers.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2017, 01:54:11 am »
i think Tuchel is finding it difficult at the moment. But he had something to live up to following Klopp. Having said that, they're not having him.  :)

He also has an really young team doesn't he?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2017, 03:13:26 am »

So did Klopp

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2017, 05:24:08 am »

but isnt tuchel better than klopp.

i read somewhere in some tactics board that klopp methods were ancient and tuchel is the way forward when tuchel was hired. something something about breaking the lines. or was it klopp was too linear and vertical.

anyway. Klopp is ours and tuchel is theirs. Maybe they should give tuchel the time like they did the klopp.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2017, 07:15:17 am »

He has and also he plays slightly differently as well. But his personality is very different too, which isn't his fault obviously, but he seems more aloof. It may just be it is taking longer for it to all click together.

Offline MrBernard

• Kemlynite
  • Don't make me laugh... bitterly.
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2017, 07:50:40 am »
Have I been dreaming or was the word when he arrived he would play the 433 formation until the team was ready to make the transition to 4231?
Forget your beaches and jungles; we're going somewhere where I can read, sit and have a quiet drink.

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2017, 09:33:34 am »
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread those supporters who lived through our years of success and who are now in their 60s or 70s and must be wondering if they'll ever see Liverpool win the league again in their lifetimes. Well, I'm one of those - in my mid-60s now - and the thought has occasionally crossed my mind. But ...

Frequent use has also been made, not only in this thread, of the word "perfect", as in "Jürgen Klopp isn't perfect". Quite so, but then nor is Liverpool FC. The club itself has made plenty of mistakes in the past, not least the long-term error of not capitalising on the years of success, assuming they were just automatic and would continue without the need to adapt to changing circumstances. There have been plenty of other glitches along the way - we were a hair's breadth from completely going down the pan a few short years ago.

And there was certainly no perfection even in the glory days. Michael Thomas and Wimbledon come to mind as two jarring reminders that complacency may be comfortable, but is never a friend.

So no person or institution is "perfect"; in fact, in my view the only proper use of the word in our context is when applied to the combination of Klopp and LFC. In my eyes, they mesh seamlessly, warts and all, which is just how it should be. So the baleful prophecy that Liverpool may not win the title in my lifetime has long ceased to worry me. I'm just enjoying having a manager I admire at the club I love. Where that may lead is not up to me, I'm just going to keep doing what I've always done and look forward to watching the next match. Of course, I'd prefer to win it, but my mantra at the start of every match I've ever watched is simply "Play your best and make us proud". And when that happens, win or lose, that's perfect enough for me.
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2017, 09:34:00 am »
The players are now motivating themselves without Jurgen! :D

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2017, 10:08:56 am »
The players are now motivating themselves without Jurgen! :D

Sack him.....he's not needed anymore  ;D

Spend those wages on a shiny new striker instead  ;D

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2017, 10:24:26 am »
Make Klopp the sole director and Hendo player manager! :D

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2017, 12:40:18 pm »
but isnt tuchel better than klopp.

i read somewhere in some tactics board that klopp methods were ancient and tuchel is the way forward when tuchel was hired. something something about breaking the lines. or was it klopp was too linear and vertical.

anyway. Klopp is ours and tuchel is theirs. Maybe they should give tuchel the time like they did the klopp.

From what I've read, it's not that Klopp's methods are ancient and Tuchel's is the way forward it's just a different method of training.  Tuchel spent a lot of time with Guardiola in his year off and is a big proponent of "juego de posicion", which is basically "positional play" and is  a completely different way of playing then Klopp's gegenpressing philosophy. 

You are correct in your last line though.  It took Klopp 3 years to start winning with Dortmund.  They should give Tuchel the time that he needs to get it right. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2017, 12:42:00 pm »
He has and also he plays slightly differently as well. But his personality is very different too, which isn't his fault obviously, but he seems more aloof. It may just be it is taking longer for it to all click together.

I don't get the sense that he's 'aloof'.  I think he simply doesn't have the same outward excitement on the sidelines that you see with Klopp.  There are actually very few managers in the world with like Klopp and most are more similar to Tuchel in that respect. 

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2017, 05:29:45 pm »
I don't get the sense that he's 'aloof'.  I think he simply doesn't have the same outward excitement on the sidelines that you see with Klopp.  There are actually very few managers in the world with like Klopp and most are more similar to Tuchel in that respect.

I am not saying I agree with them, just reporting what some fans have said. It will take time for the team to knit together, I am sure things will improve in the meantime.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2017, 06:14:03 pm »
From what I've read, it's not that Klopp's methods are ancient and Tuchel's is the way forward it's just a different method of training.  Tuchel spent a lot of time with Guardiola in his year off and is a big proponent of "juego de posicion", which is basically "positional play" and is  a completely different way of playing then Klopp's gegenpressing philosophy. 

You are correct in your last line though.  It took Klopp 3 years to start winning with Dortmund.  They should give Tuchel the time that he needs to get it right.

I supposed their frustration may stem from that when Klopp took over those 3 years were from taking a team recovering from financial meltdown with little to no talent what-so-ever and making the Bundesliga champions inside 3 years. Tuchel on the other hand has inherited some fine players and has been able to pick up some of the best young talents about. I do agree though with him it'll probably take time given he's working with youth and they won't have the consistency to win a title yet.

That said people go on about the blip in Klopps last season at BVB when it was basically an extreme scenario much like Leicester last season; in that in the same way Leicester punched way beyond what a spreadsheet would tell you they statistically should be achieving Dortmund were doing the opposite. Maybe he should be doing better although it's obviously worked out for us in that regard. :D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2017, 06:40:48 pm »

Whereas yes  they should give Tuchel time (and will), there is no comparison to the state of the club when both took over. Tuchel took over a stable club that's become a power, with a strong squad, Klopp took over a team in financial turmoil and who'd totally lost their identity. He barely had a transfer budget to work with for his first 3 seasons there. Tuchel is being backed to the hilt financially.

Yep, just like Jürgen Klopp did there, he won the league with two 19 year old central defenders for starters ;)

Tuchel has plenty of experience in that squad, but chooses not to use a lot of it.

As for Kloppo, I can't even be arsed to come here when we lose, cos the vitriol would make my blood boil. And as mentioned previously and rightly in this therad, if fans turn on him as they did Rafa then that's it for me.

When Klopp arrived at Liverpool I couldn't believe he took the job, he didn't need to. But he did, cos he's brave, he's got guts, he's different, and he's not a manager who needs the safety net of deep pockets to pay astounding transfer fees and huge wages, such as the likes of Guardiola, Ancelotti and Mourinho.

Klopp is this team's greatest asset, and it isn't even close.

We need him more than he needs us, maybe time for some to remember that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:45:19 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2017, 08:06:36 pm »
Be nice to see Jurgen get some decent gear on. Maybe a nice jacket. Not a fan of the Pulis tracksuit gear.

Get a suit on every once in a while. He wears jeans well, we saw when he signed  8)

Not a big deal like. But he does look a fucking scruff sometimes.

Not arsed if he keeps the tracksuits, just a thought.

Let the fucking moaning at me begin....
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2017, 08:14:42 pm »
Be nice to see Jurgen get some decent gear on. Maybe a nice jacket. Not a fan of the Pulis tracksuit gear.

Get a suit on every once in a while. He wears jeans well, we saw when he signed  8)

Not a big deal like. But he does look a fucking scruff sometimes.

Not arsed if he keeps the tracksuits, just a thought.

Let the fucking moaning at me begin....

You'll only get moaned at for bringing the name 'Pulis' into the discussion :D

You may be out of luck mind - Kloppo will never change his 'style'. Only way you'll see him in a suit on the touchline again is if we get back into the CL and only cos he'd have to wear one! And once, even then he went against the rules for BVB, wearing a hoodie and tracky pants in a game vs Arsenal I believe, claiming his new club suit wasn't ready in time  :P

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2017, 08:16:59 pm »

You may be out of luck mind - Kloppo will never change his 'style'. Only way you'll see him in a suit on the touchline again is if we get back into the CL and only cos he'd have to wear one! And once, even then he went against the rules for BVB, wearing a hoodie and tracky pants in a game vs Arsenal I believe, claiming his new club suit wasn't ready in time  :P

Haha Pulis loves a trackie.

I run a mens clothing business so I take notice of these things - I like decent clothing, and he turns up every week in a scruffy tracksuit. I expected better from Jurg.

I'd like to see him every now and again in some decent clobber. Big fan of Pochettino's coats.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2017, 08:23:10 pm »
Haha Pulis loves a trackie.

I run a mens clothing business so I take notice of these things - I like decent clothing, and he turns up every week in a scruffy tracksuit. I expected better from Jurg.

I'd like to see him every now and again in some decent clobber. Big fan of Pochettino's coats.

the funny thing is, he always turns up to Anfield on match day, in a suit (again, cos he has to), and yep, it really suits him! 

Whatever he's comfortable in, basically. He's always been like that, look back to how he was at Mainz and earlier BVB days, he was even more 'scruffy' than he is these days. He did used to wear jeans sometimes on the touchline mind.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2017, 08:41:58 pm »

I like his style the way it is. My favourite picture was that one when he was stuffing a great hot dog down his throat, was it at a CL press conference? The moment I saw that I laughed out loud, have your hotdog first makes the bastards wait for the questions.  ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2017, 08:57:13 pm »
I like his style the way it is. My favourite picture was that one when he was stuffing a great hot dog down his throat, was it at a CL press conference? The moment I saw that I laughed out loud, have your hotdog first makes the bastards wait for the questions.  ;D

:lmao

this maybe, although there's a fair few instances of him and food at press conferences lol.

Hell, once during a friendly, he asked a photographer to go get him and his coaches some bratwurst to eat during the match. 

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2017, 09:00:05 pm »
:lmao

this maybe, although there's a fair few instances of him and food at press conferences lol.

Hell, once during a friendly, he asked a photographer to go get him and his coaches some bratwurst to eat during the match.

Thanks. Thats the one.  :lmao

Love it. We need a few more anecdotes on Jurgen's earlier years mate, any new ones would be much appreciated.  :thumbup

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2017, 09:49:25 pm »

When Klopp arrived at Liverpool I couldn't believe he took the job, he didn't need to. But he did, cos he's brave, he's got guts, he's different, and he's not a manager who needs the safety net of deep pockets to pay astounding transfer fees and huge wages, such as the likes of Guardiola, Ancelotti and Mourinho.

Klopp is this team's greatest asset, and it isn't even close.

We need him more than he needs us, maybe time for some to remember that.

Yep. Right on all counts.