Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 661238 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Origi, chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker
« Reply #1600 on: March 24, 2017, 01:43:05 pm »
When Kane was 20/21 he was on loan at Leicester wasn't he?

Aye he was, and hand on heart he's one of the worst players I've seen down there in his admittedly pretty short time. And this was when they had such luminaries as Martyn Waghorn and Marco Futacs, and a fifty year old fifty stone Yakubu.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1601 on: March 24, 2017, 01:48:24 pm »
He. Is. Twenty. One.

I'm 33. So what??

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1602 on: March 24, 2017, 02:02:49 pm »
I'm 33. So what??

Being 33 you surely don't need it explaining why judging a 21 year old kid around 'reaching his potential' is a bit daft?

*Checks posts*

Oh.

Its a bit daft judging a 21 year old kid around reaching his potential, because he's absolutely nowhere near the age where strikers generally come into their own and show their best form. He's had injuries, and as a 21 year old who notoriously struggle for consistency unless you're a superhuman like Fowler or Owen, its been hard to come back into the side and show the same form he's shown previously. He's had excellent cameos, but he's been asked to play wide as well as up front and again that's difficult to find any sort of consistency when you're a youngster still learning your trade.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1603 on: March 24, 2017, 02:31:15 pm »
I think the most important thing in regards to Origi is that the manager clearly likes him. When asked initially about Origi Klopp said something to the tune of 'I think we're gonna have a lot of fun with him.' There were reports, unconfirmed admittedly, that Klopp originally wanted him at Dortmund.

He's shown how good he can be, he's quick, he's young, he's got a manager who believes in him and he's going to get much more game time next season with the extra European games (providing we don't nosedive over the next couple of months). I can pretty much assure you that many people in this thread will go very quiet in regards to Origi in about 12 months time.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1604 on: March 24, 2017, 03:10:29 pm »
Christ. People acting like the argument is pressing vs goals are completely missing the point.

There are natural goalscorers that you could bring in to a team who, if you built the system around them could score 20+ goals.

From Defoe to Lukaku to Ibrahimovic.

The type of player that needs the system to be built around them. If you swapped Firmino for Lukaku in our team this season, the latter would possibly have scored more goals, but as a team we'd probably have scored less.

So many of our goals and chances are caused by turnovers and quick breaks. Having one third of your front three not working with the rest doesn't just mean one third less turnovers/chances - it's even more dramatic than that as it works to nullify the pressing of the other two.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: March 24, 2017, 03:10:41 pm »
Firmino will be number 1, Origi will be number 2 with cup games next season, with CL he'll get his chances. We'll probably sign a German kid who we heard nothing about as Ings's replacement/competition, of course Woodburn will have another year of development. Don't be surprised if we don't sign anyone of note following Sturridge's departure.

I'll  be surprised /disappointed  is thats the case. We'd be a firmino injury from depending on Origi to deliver. I'm hoping we sign a first choice striker. Time"ll tell.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1606 on: March 24, 2017, 03:14:28 pm »
Christ. People acting like the argument is pressing vs goals are completely missing the point.

There are natural goalscorers that you could bring in to a team who, if you built the system around them could score 20+ goals.

From Defoe to Lukaku to Ibrahimovic.

The type of player that needs the system to be built around them. If you swapped Firmino for Lukaku in our team this season, the latter would possibly have scored more goals, but as a team we'd probably have scored less.

So many of our goals and chances are caused by turnovers and quick breaks. Having one third of your front three not working with the rest doesn't just mean one third less turnovers/chances - it's even more dramatic than that as it works to nullify the pressing of the other two.

But a goalscorer that fits into the current set up is what people want. Not a goalscoring lump. How difficult such a player is to get remains to be seen.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: March 24, 2017, 03:16:11 pm »
But a goalscorer that fits into the current set up is what people want. Not a goalscoring lump. How difficult such a player is to get remains to be seen.
Yeah. Absolutely. Or whether Firmino can improve his finishing.

Remember that when Suarez arrived there was a huge swell of opinion early on that he wasn't clinical enough.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1608 on: March 24, 2017, 03:23:04 pm »
Yeah. Absolutely. Or whether Firmino can improve his finishing.

Remember that when Suarez arrived there was a huge swell of opinion early on that he wasn't clinical enough.

Yea, he kinda knocked that on the head☺. Mind you he was prolific before he arrived and did seem to believe he had to do it all here. Firmino is a great signing but Id love to see a better finisher. I really don't know an option that suits us so klopp has his work cut out.   Origi should get plenty time to step up. Hope he does.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: March 24, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »
Its not a straight comparison, as youve said, but I'd wager Firmino has played more minutes this year than Benteke did for us last year in the league in order to reach his league goal tally.
The goal tally that I posted was from this year. 

Point is that Benteke was judged to not score enough goals to compensate for his lack of suitability to the team, so was quickly moved on.
Benteke was clearly not suited to the team but it had nothing to do with whether he scored goals or not.  He's obviously more of a target man while we require someone with much more mobility who can create space for others.  Something Firmino does really well. 

Firmino is hardly blowing him away in terms of the numbers game, however he's clearly a much better fit. But that issue of us having someone who should be the focal point of our attack, who plays closest to the opposition goal, more often than anyone else between the width of the 18yd box who's not putting up great numbers still remains.

People will say the attacking unit benefits even if Bobby isnt the one putting up strong numbers, and that we've made strides forward in that sense. And they'd be right to an extent. But Benteke didnt have Mane, he didnt have Lallana in midfield instead of the front 3 so the degree to which Firmino is a boon to our front line and we can overlook his lack of pure numbers remains a conversation that needs to be taking place, imho.

Do we really need a focal point to our attack though?  We have a very fluid front 5 who have a great understanding of each other's movement.  If we bring in your typical #9 then I think we'll need to change tactics as the space for Lallana and Wijnaldum to make late runs won't be there, the space for Mane to make outside to inside runs won't be there.  Our attacking system relies on someone with the attributes of a Firmino rather then your typical #9. 

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #1610 on: March 24, 2017, 04:28:36 pm »
I think the most important thing in regards to Origi is that the manager clearly likes him. When asked initially about Origi Klopp said something to the tune of 'I think we're gonna have a lot of fun with him.' There were reports, unconfirmed admittedly, that Klopp originally wanted him at Dortmund.

Meh... post a list of quotes where Klopp has talked down one of his players?!

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #1611 on: March 24, 2017, 04:39:10 pm »
Being 33 you surely don't need it explaining why judging a 21 year old kid around 'reaching his potential' is a bit daft?

*Checks posts*

Oh.

Its a bit daft judging a 21 year old kid around reaching his potential, because he's absolutely nowhere near the age where strikers generally come into their own and show their best form. He's had injuries, and as a 21 year old who notoriously struggle for consistency unless you're a superhuman like Fowler or Owen, its been hard to come back into the side and show the same form he's shown previously. He's had excellent cameos, but he's been asked to play wide as well as up front and again that's difficult to find any sort of consistency when you're a youngster still learning your trade.

Hey, I know I'm a bit of a divvy!

I wasn't judging origi, I just don't agree that he is anywhere near the level of lukaku and thought it was funny that someone prefers a striker to be able to press rather than score goals??
I like origi as a player and I think he's got all the physical attributes to be a really good player regardless of his age.
I do feel as though he's been a bit of let down this season, nowhere near the level of performance he put in last season.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: March 25, 2017, 08:11:54 pm »

He's shown how good he can be, he's quick, he's young, he's got a manager who believes in him and he's going to get much more game time next season with the extra European games (providing we don't nosedive over the next couple of months). I can pretty much assure you that many people in this thread will go very quiet in regards to Origi in about 12 months time.

Lots of young players are fairly inconsistent to start out with. He's gone from spells of being very very good to being quite anonymous.

With regards to his comments about not enough game time, well he needs to make it very hard for Klopp to leave him out. He certainly has the tools to be a good striker - but its the game intelligence that needs to develop at the moment.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
What a cameo, great hold up play, silky touch, gave their defence a torrid time and obviously the finish.

Where is that divvy who said he was rubbish and one of the worst striker's he's seen in a red shirt?  :butt
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
Origi is to Klopp what Pongolle was to Rafa

:o
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
Didn't need to have a heart attack throughout the 2nd half, cheers Divock
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What an impact he had! Hopefully he gets a few more over the next couple of months!

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
If he plays he needs to play centrally up front. Looks like he will be given a chance with Mane's injury too ..

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
Great skill and hold up play today, good goal too :D
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
can you smell what Divock is cooking?
The change is cast

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
Origi 1- 0 Lukaku :D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Lovely finish. Thought he did well when he came on

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So happy the big man is allowing me to use this again.
 8)

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
Depending on the severity of Mane's ankle, Origi could be called on over the next month.  This would be a great time for him to rediscover his confidence and form.  Looked very lively today.
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
This time last season he was a beast. He'll be so again.

Let's hope Mane is alright but i trust Origi to step up. He was far more aggressive in his game today.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
his best performance for months - he actually held the ball up... don't know why he hasn't been using his physicality like that recently.
Great finish too

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Depending on the severity of Mane's ankle, Origi could be called on over the next month.  This would be a great time for him to rediscover his confidence and form.  Looked very lively today.

Would be awesome to have both Mane and Origi scoring for fun next season!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
his best performance for months - he actually held the ball up... don't know why he hasn't been using his physicality like that recently.
Great finish too

Wanted to show who's Belgium's main striker.  8)

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Class finish nice fade ;)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
You can knock him for a couple of things but you can't deny he's got goals in him.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
Would be poetic for it to be this game in which he found his form again.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
Getting into groove again eh ? Love him. He's such a physical presence and his trickery on the ball always makes me smile. Good goal too. Hopefully a start to the kind of form he was in at the same time last season.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
So happy the big man is allowing me to use this again.
 8)

;D

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Would be poetic for it to be this game in which he found his form again.

Yep, little bit of retribution for him after the c*nts ended his season last year when he was our first choice striker.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
He did really well when he came on, lovely finish for the goal. If Sadio is out a chance for Divock to have a run in the team, hope he takes his chance.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Big div can do that, he's s bit Lukaku esque. Saying that it's tricky because on one hand he needs games to improve and fulfill his ability but on the other he doesn't provide what Firmino does.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's got a good shot on him, great to see him back on the scoresheet.

Hopefully, he can rediscover the form he showed towards the end of last season.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
Great goal - glad every time he smashes one past the blueshite after the shithouse tackle.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Robles face when the ball hit the back of the net, was like a magic trick!

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
Origi's hold up play is so much superior to Lukaku. Lukaku just got eaten up by Lovren today.