Author Topic: LFC Ticket Prices 2016/17  (Read 95443 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Re: LFC Ticket Prices 2016/17
« Reply #80 on: February 1, 2016, 07:20:58 pm »
Why can't they?

If you ask that question then you don't understand the debate, the dynamics or the squeeze that is taking place.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 1, 2016, 07:21:47 pm »
Probably between £120-£130 for the best seats, if the Red Sox general admission ticket pricing is anything to go by. Hell, man. FSG really seem to be slowly implementing an American-style pricing scheme. Most working class locals will be up in the rafters before too long, just like they are at Fenway. Baseball in Boston has become a middle-class game, and it looks like FSG are trying to make football in Liverpool the same way. Shame really. 
and they've got far less games here too!

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: February 1, 2016, 07:22:04 pm »
How many junior ST are there actually in the ground? Theres ~266 aged 18-21, we know that. A nice, but insignificant gesture to try get people to justify or defend what they're doing.

Also where is this Junior ST bit from by the way, I missed it
I am not defending the club at all just that, so far, all this thread is about is the minuses not the pluses. To be honest I don't see why the SOS statement couldn't have waited until tomorrow when everyone would have access to both sides.

I would also suggest that to keep posting how the club could, technically, let all the GA and ST in for free every week is doing SOS a disservice as it suggests that their is the ultimate aim and yet everyone knows it is never going to happen.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 1, 2016, 07:23:53 pm »
I am not defending the club at all just that, so far, all this thread is about is the minuses not the pluses. To be honest I don't see why the SOS statement couldn't have waited until tomorrow when everyone would have access to both sides.

I would also suggest that to keep posting how the club could, technically, let all the GA and ST in for free every week is doing SOS a disservice as it suggests that their is the ultimate aim and yet everyone knows it is never going to happen.
What pluses are there from out pricing fans from the local area? Am I missing something?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 1, 2016, 07:24:00 pm »
The Bayern Munich president put it to bed pretty well in this quote:
We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?

'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

'That's the biggest difference between us and England.'

in fairness bayern do have some fairly expensive tickets and quite a few, along the sidelines is over £50

https://www.fcbayern.de/media/native/tickets/Preisliste%202015_16_081015.pdf

Near £100 for juve game!!!!

https://www.fcbayern.de/media/native/tickets/Preisliste%20UCL_Achtelfinale_1516.pdf
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 07:25:41 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #85 on: February 1, 2016, 07:24:30 pm »

No, that is clearly not their ultimate aim, but it is a fact to point out that the gravy entering the train is at an all time high, the money entering is so much that you could make tickets FREE for an entire season for GA/ST and still be better off, yet they will stay roughly the same or increase.

It's scandalous. I don't know why it's so hard to comprehend.

I can only assume some people don't go so arguing the Devil's Advocate online is some way to pass the time.  I'm off to do my weekly shop. Thankfully I can afford that.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 1, 2016, 07:24:39 pm »
The proportion of ticket income relative to income from other areas falls as a percentage (and this in importance) every time there is a new TV deal.

Good point. But that will also hold true for all the clubs. I guess the club is just seeing this as an assured income source and doesn't want to compromise on guaranteed income. In an ideal world they would decide to take a hit here and redouble efforts in getting monies from somewhere else.

Anyway, assuming the new TV deal next season, what percentage of our total revenue would be from ticket sales ?

Also, wouldn't it make sense to go for much bigger disparity between the cheapest (regular fans) and the costliest (corporate/hospitality) tickets. Essentially, regular match goers being subsidized by people coming in for a one time experience who can afford it.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 1, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »
What pluses are there from out pricing fans from the local area? Am I missing something?
from the owners perspective I can think of a bloody good reason to do that

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 1, 2016, 07:25:08 pm »
Nobody knows what the pluses are yet, that is my point.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: February 1, 2016, 07:25:12 pm »
in fairness bayern do have some fairly expensive tickets and quite a few, along the sidelines is over £50

https://www.fcbayern.de/media/native/tickets/Preisliste%202015_16_081015.pdf

It's called balance.

LFC don't have that.
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 1, 2016, 07:25:58 pm »
If you ask that question then you don't understand the debate, the dynamics or the squeeze that is taking place.

Explain it to me then

Because from what I can tell (and bare in mind I haven't seen the figures, only what FSG have stated in the past). That SOS basically want the model that FSG said that they want, only a much more extreme version

FSG said they want to facilitate the need for cheaper seats by moving to a structure where premium seats such as the half way line cost premium money. The extra money gathered from those can then allow the reduction in price for other parts of the ground. That's sensible and fair to me. But SOS want 30% of the ground to subsidise £30 tickets for the rest. What if I like a seat in that 30%, how much will I have to pay then?

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #91 on: February 1, 2016, 07:26:49 pm »
Needs a mass boycott, the only way they'll listen.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: February 1, 2016, 07:27:10 pm »
It's called balance.

LFC don't have that.
see the edited post, average price for juventus game is around £60

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 1, 2016, 07:27:14 pm »
£1m is a player on less than £20k a week.

We would lose massive competitiveness here would we?

WEST HAM (cue ignoring them as they are financially doping of course.......):

West Ham United are delighted to announce major price cuts across the board for Season Tickets for the first season at the Club’s magnificent new home on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.

The key details are as follows:

Every Season Ticket price band will see a reduction as the Club uses increased broadcast revenue to offer dramatically cheaper tickets to its supporters

A new entry-level Band 5 adult Season Ticket will cost just £289 – the cheapest in the Premier League

All Season Tickets for Under-16s will be cut to just £99 – the equivalent of only £5 per game

A family of four can buy a Season Ticket for just £776 – the equivalent of £41 per match

West Ham United Joint-Chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold and Vice-Chairman Karren Brady have long been champions of trying to make football more affordable for supporters.
Far more likely that ... seeing as they current even fill their current ground, they are shit scared that their new one is going to be half empty every week.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 1, 2016, 07:27:55 pm »

And will never happen realistically. The club know this too.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #95 on: February 1, 2016, 07:28:33 pm »
Explain it to me then

Because from what I can tell (and bare in mind I haven't seen the figures, only what FSG have stated in the past). That SOS basically want the model that FSG said that they want, only a much more extreme version

FSG said they want to facilitate the need for cheaper seats by moving to a structure where premium seats such as the half way line cost premium money. The extra money gathered from those can then allow the reduction in price for other parts of the ground. That's sensible and fair to me. But SOS want 30% of the ground to subsidise £30 tickets for the rest. What if I like a seat in that 30%, how much will I have to pay then?

And what when they charge more for some seats - but don't reduce the others at all or by much? And then proceed to make more money from tickets than they currently make?

And if you read the release properly - they were our first proposals when we went in. We sat down and wanted to discuss it, we were willing to compromise. They weren't.

You will see all the numbers tomorrow.
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 1, 2016, 07:28:35 pm »
stop the flags

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 1, 2016, 07:29:24 pm »
Explain it to me then

This makes a lot of sense. Nothing wrong with the approach. But are they doing it ?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 1, 2016, 07:30:01 pm »

Back to boycotting club sponsors again? The last thing they want is their precious sponsorship deals getting hurt.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #99 on: February 1, 2016, 07:30:03 pm »
As do I. Fact remains, that's the only thing that would ever get them to act.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 1, 2016, 07:30:39 pm »
No comment SOS on the alleged best part of £100 reduction in a junior ST next season? Is that true/false ? And if true why not praise the club for doing what would be a 10% decrease in prices?

Ha ha.

We won that - the supporters - it was a PL prize fund the supporters won.

The Club asked the supporters' groups where it should be applied and we said Under 21 season tickets - reduction of £75 per person for this season.

It was your money and you're giving FSG the credit - the world has gone mad.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 07:39:58 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 1, 2016, 07:31:36 pm »
Nobody knows what the pluses are yet, that is my point.

There are some pluses around a limited number of local youth tickets.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #102 on: February 1, 2016, 07:32:12 pm »
What a fucking joke. They don't give a shit about the fans  :wanker

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 1, 2016, 07:33:13 pm »
Can I ask has the £70 a game been confirmed anywhere or is it juat Twitter crap like the 100% increase on the previous page?

There is absolutely no need to increase ticket prices with this new tv deal, it is a really poor move by the club. When we are paying players nowhere near the first team like Enrique over £3m a year- we should be targeting the low hanging fruit to increase our competitiveness not looking to milk even more from fans.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 1, 2016, 07:33:57 pm »
Good point. But that will also hold true for all the clubs. I guess the club is just seeing this as an assured income source and doesn't want to compromise on guaranteed income. In an ideal world they would decide to take a hit here and redouble efforts in getting monies from somewhere else.

Anyway, assuming the new TV deal next season, what percentage of our total revenue would be from ticket sales ?

Also, wouldn't it make sense to go for much bigger disparity between the cheapest (regular fans) and the costliest (corporate/hospitality) tickets. Essentially, regular match goers being subsidized by people coming in for a one time experience who can afford it.

Between 10% and 15%
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 1, 2016, 07:34:40 pm »

And what when they charge more for some seats - but don't reduce the others at all or by much? And then proceed to make more money from tickets than they currently make?

And if you read the release properly - they were our first proposals when we went in. We sat down and wanted to discuss it, we were willing to compromise. They weren't.

You will see all the numbers tomorrow.

So why does the release not state what your final position was? And, again, why release now and keep telling people 'you will all see the numbers tomorrow'? If the numbers are as bad as SOS are making them out to be then you had no need to saying anything today.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 1, 2016, 07:36:31 pm »
It's what they did at Boston, so why would they be any different here.

Its the modern world of sport.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 1, 2016, 07:36:44 pm »
This makes a lot of sense. Nothing wrong with the approach. But are they doing it ?
Yes - unless you believe the current prices people pay for different areas of the ground are not different? And unless you think FSG were lying when it was announced a few months ago that pricing in the new stand would enable price reductions elsewhere.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 1, 2016, 07:38:33 pm »
Explain it to me then

Not asking other parts of the ground to subsidise the 70% of reasonably priced affordable seats - saying that the Club's revenues as a whole and their complete business model should be applied to create the position that tickets become affordable - and no one was saying do it in one massive jump.

£1m next season would have started the journey.

20,000 seats could have been reduced in price for all league games by £2.50 a match or £47.50 a season. That's an example - you can play with the numbers.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 1, 2016, 07:40:46 pm »
As do I. Fact remains, that's the only thing that would ever get them to act.

Absolutely.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 1, 2016, 07:41:27 pm »
Yes - unless you believe the current prices people pay for different areas of the ground are not different? And unless you think FSG were lying when it was announced a few months ago that pricing in the new stand would enable price reductions elsewhere.

And unless you swallow the FSG narrative that the starting point for ticket prices is currently fair.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #111 on: February 1, 2016, 07:42:02 pm »
Need new owners.

That's not being flippant, can't afford it anymore.

You think new owners who part with better than £500 mil to buy the club will lower ticket prices?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #112 on: February 1, 2016, 07:42:42 pm »

So why does the release not state what your final position was? And, again, why release now and keep telling people 'you will all see the numbers tomorrow'? If the numbers are as bad as SOS are making them out to be then you had no need to saying anything today.

Because if we put our numbers in there, it won't make sense without the clubs. They won't release until tomorrow. We will respond, with factual points about the numbers. This release was to tell all those who had been asking that it was over and we planned to put it out before the club decided to move forward their release to tomorrow.

You clearly think we are making it sound worse. I will let the numbers speak tomorrow. See what you think.

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #113 on: February 1, 2016, 07:43:41 pm »
Can't we just lock this until tomorrow when it's actually fact and not guess work ?

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 1, 2016, 07:44:22 pm »

Fair play if that happens. I usually give the owners the benefit of doubt in such matters. For me they have been doing a pretty good job.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 1, 2016, 07:44:50 pm »
Can't we just lock this until tomorrow when it's actually fact and not guess work ?

This please!

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 1, 2016, 07:45:49 pm »

Can I ask has the £70 a game been confirmed anywhere or is it juat Twitter crap like the 100% increase on the previous page?

We will all see the numbers tomorrow apparently.

Though SOS have already confirmed in this thread that the 100% price rise was bullshit - though you'd have to be an idiot to have believed that. Not sure why they haven't confirmed/denied the £70 rumour - probably bound by some sort of NDA which hadn't, though, stopped them start this thread.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 1, 2016, 07:48:13 pm »

Makes perfect sense.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 1, 2016, 07:48:59 pm »
And unless you swallow the FSG narrative that the starting point for ticket prices is currently fair.
I didn't say it was fair or unfair.

Merely pointing out the fact the differentials already exist and will be increased next season. To say otherwise would be to accuse the club of lying.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 1, 2016, 07:49:01 pm »

We will all see the numbers tomorrow apparently.

Though SOS have already confirmed in this thread that the 100% price rise was bullshit - though you'd have to be an idiot to have believed that. Not sure why they haven't confirmed/denied the £70 rumour - probably bound by some sort of NDA which hadn't, though, stopped them start this thread.

This thread was started by all the supporters' groups - including the Club's 'own' Supporters' Committee who were part of the TWG.

It hasn't breached any agreement about number and it won't until the Club publish their's and the narrative of what was asked can be disclosed.

The point about this thread was that the supporters' groups decided to publish a joint release that wanted to start a discussion about the fact that the process had come to an end.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892