Author Topic: Sebastian Coates  (Read 10609 times)

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
Sebastian Coates
« on: November 13, 2015, 04:14:00 am »
Couldn't find a thread in this subforum, so here's one.

Did great for Uruguay in yesterday's match against Ecuador, even if the latter won. He started instead of Gimenez (injured). Plenty of good work, especially in the second half.

Wish he can escape that sinking hellhole that Sunderland appears to be at the moment.  :P
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Sebastian Coates
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 09:02:28 am »
Think he'd have more success moving abroad to say Italy like Gabriel Paletta did.

Anyone would look bang average playing in that Sunderland team, to be fair.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 10:23:13 am »

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 01:21:13 pm »
never given the opportunity of a handful of games on the bounce,  jury was out in my opinion

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 04:48:44 pm »
never given the opportunity of a handful of games on the bounce,  jury was out in my opinion

I can't help but think he was badly mishandled and perhaps one of a few players from that period whose career we inhibited.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 05:36:37 pm »
He was good for Uruguay against Brazil on Friday and Peru yesterday.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 08:01:05 pm »
Would agree he was mishandled but sweet hay-sooz did he look slow at times.  Thought he was a monster in the making, agree that he NEVER was given an adequate opportunity.  Just look at end of last season at Sunderland when, imo, he was one of the driving factors in their signature end of year run to stay up.  He can certainly play at a high level.  Too often exposed though during his few cameos at LFC.  Could be the rare breed who does much better for country than club.  Best of luck Seba
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Milly

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • JFT 96
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 09:48:19 pm »
one of many world beaters we signed, that weren't actually world beaters....
Smash it ??

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 06:36:47 pm »
Has been doing well for Sporting, both in Portugal and the Champions League.

With Giménez injured, it is very likely that he will start for Uruguay in October's WC qualifiers. .

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1hGrHRYC6BE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1hGrHRYC6BE</a>

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 08:01:10 pm »
one of many world beaters we signed, that weren't actually world beaters....

Don't think we helped him to be honest

Seemed to put him back on the bench no matter how well he played iirc. He was dreadful for Sunderland though, so maybe he just wasn't up to the pace of the PL no matter how much he played.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 02:03:01 am »
Good luck to the lad - seems to have got his career back on track and playing well again.

We'll always have QPR:-

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9rlEg_GOyiA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9rlEg_GOyiA</a>

:)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 08:10:19 pm »
Don't think we helped him to be honest

Seemed to put him back on the bench no matter how well he played iirc. He was dreadful for Sunderland though, so maybe he just wasn't up to the pace of the PL no matter how much he played.

He did have an ACL at Liverpool. He had a good spell at Sunderland at one point but they changed managers every 5 minutes which didn't help and they've been bad defensively for years.

I think South American defenders do tend to find it tough here though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 03:07:12 pm »
Started and scored for Uruguay in the 2-1 victory against Ecuador yesterday night. It's his first goal for the national team.  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xS5fETlpwxI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xS5fETlpwxI</a>

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #13 on: February 2, 2017, 09:53:28 pm »
Has left Sunderland and joined sporting Lisbon

He's 26, how did that happen?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38850204

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #14 on: February 2, 2017, 10:21:51 pm »
Hopefully he has found a league which suits him.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #15 on: February 2, 2017, 11:08:37 pm »
Has left Sunderland and joined sporting Lisbon

He's 26, how did that happen?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38850204

He joined us 6 years ago along with Suarez.

Suarez is 30 now!  :o :o
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 2, 2017, 11:12:25 pm »
Didn't we sign him on Suarez's recommendation?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 2, 2017, 11:13:13 pm »
He played a stormer at the Bernabeu earlier this season.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 3, 2017, 12:08:11 am »

He's apparently very happy there at the moment, according to that interview with Uruguayan media.

I'll see if I can translate that article later.

Quick summary:
Food, beaches and weather better than Sunderland.
League is more technical and his team tries to have ball-playing defenders who can keep the ball, which he thinks suits him better.
Has scored several goals, and believes his England experience helped him settle very quickly this time.
His son is 2 and half years old, and confuses the hell out of Seb by speaking a mix of Spanish, English and Portuguese.  ;D
There's also a lot of information about the World Cup Qualifiers, and about an ongoing, huge legal and political dispute between Uruguay's players, the Uruguayan PFA, and a TV and image rights company.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 8, 2018, 03:39:44 am »
Scored one against Portimonense, and possibly saved his goalkeeper's life after the latter crashed head-first into the goalpost and fell unconscious.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 01:40:30 pm »
Scored one against Portimonense, and possibly saved his goalkeeper's life after the latter crashed head-first into the goalpost and fell unconscious.

Top man Seb Coates. Commendable.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #21 on: September 1, 2019, 03:02:07 pm »
Not his best day ... gave away three penalties and got sent off at home  :o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49543862

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #22 on: September 1, 2019, 03:30:45 pm »
Not his best day ... gave away three penalties and got sent off at home  :o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49543862

His wife must be a right bitch!

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #23 on: September 1, 2019, 04:19:55 pm »
His wife must be a right bitch!

;D

[inset bad tackle joke here]

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2021, 09:34:25 am »
Congrats to Seb, he just won the league with Sporting, their first title in 19 years! He played in most games.  He's been through some tough times there, including the crazy years with Bruno de Carvalho running the club which saw a lot of their squad leave. He stuck it out and I'm glad it's worked out for him.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2021, 03:57:27 pm »
I'll never forget his super goal
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2021, 11:25:48 pm »
I assume you mean this one?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9rlEg_GOyiA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9rlEg_GOyiA</a>

What a beauty it was too. The tragedy would have been that if he'd scored it now, VAR would have chalked it off. If you look at the reply the ball was headed against his arm by a QPR player in the build-up. VAR would have ruined all that joy and disallowed a stunning goal all because the ball was headed at his arm and he knew nothing about it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2021, 12:13:55 am »

I have desperately tried to forget the rest of that game though. Shaun fecking Derry scoring a goal.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2021, 12:18:08 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9rlEg_GOyiA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9rlEg_GOyiA</a>

What a beauty it was too. The tragedy would have been that if he'd scored it now, VAR would have chalked it off. If you look at the reply the ball was headed against his arm by a QPR player in the build-up. VAR would have ruined all that joy and disallowed a stunning goal all because the ball was headed at his arm and he knew nothing about it.

Someone should get a thread going of iconic goals that would have been disallowed by VAR. #1 on the list Maradona's :D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2021, 12:35:07 am »

Fabulous goal, Kwahtez...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2021, 01:45:17 am »
My main memory from Seb is his assist for Suarez against Everton in the last minutes that was wrongly ruled out. One time we could of done with var.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2021, 07:28:35 am »

Oh yeah, that one :lickin

Probably that was his only goal as well   ;D
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 7, 2021, 10:27:07 pm »
While he is currently out with COVID he’ll be captain of a side in last 16
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33 on: December 7, 2021, 11:55:53 pm »
Always quite liked him, was obvious he had it in him to be a decent defender somewhere and glad he's found that at Sporting.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #34 on: December 8, 2021, 01:19:09 pm »
Congrats to Seb, he just won the league with Sporting, their first title in 19 years! He played in most games.  He's been through some tough times there, including the crazy years with Bruno de Carvalho running the club which saw a lot of their squad leave. He stuck it out and I'm glad it's worked out for him.

As captain too, also picking up the Primeira Liga Player of the Year Award. Looks like things have gone well for Seb, which is good to see.