Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4567816 times)

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
Re: The Malevolent Orange Ball of Gas. Squirrel!
« Reply #24360 on: March 29, 2017, 12:04:22 am »

I love how stupidly brazen Murray is. The whole reason coal companies wanted to lose the stream protection rule was because they blow off the tops of mountains in Appalachia and fill the valleys, and therefore streams, with the slag. The reason they do this is because it is cheaper to mine this way in West VA and Kentucky precisely because you only need a fraction of the employees of shaft mining. DT scratched the industry's back (the owners and shareholders that is), but there will be virtually no one in these states put back to work in coal because of it. Quite the contrary.
He has had headlines for a few years. Climate change denier, called Obama the nation's greatest destroyer, laid off workers the day after Obama was elected for a second term. Asshat of the highest order.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #24361 on: March 29, 2017, 12:15:59 am »
If I was the head of one of the big power companies I would be going ahead like the rules were still in place.

You cant deny the future and the laws will be back in place at some point.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24362 on: March 29, 2017, 12:27:37 am »
Of all the executive orders, this one is the useless and most full of bluster of them all. As if they are ever going to go back to the old style mines. Its just a massive photo opportunity.

Dont know about everyone else though but despite there being other people who have done far worse than Trump, everytime I see his face on the TV or on a news site there is no one else I wish a painful, slow, life destroying disease on than him.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #24363 on: March 29, 2017, 12:54:59 am »
To paraphrase the words of Lester Freamon and Hal Holbrook as Deep Throat in All the President's Men, follow the money

Richard Engel‏Verified account @RichardEngel
Banking sources tell @nbcnews Trump’s ex-campaign chair Manafort was linked to at least 15 accounts and more than 10 companies in Cyprus.

Some talk of suspected money laundering via NBC News
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:57:44 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24364 on: March 29, 2017, 01:03:38 am »
The real problem will be trying to control the implosion.  When this collapse happens it could be so fast it leaves a vacuum at the very top of the US government and that is not a good thing.

I really don't think there'll be a collapse, he'll continue to trundle on, his voters will continue to lap it up while his critics will get sick of talking about him and every now and then someone will be forced to resign, but ultimately he'll finish his term and just carry on being him.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #24365 on: March 29, 2017, 01:06:29 am »
North Carolina Representative Walter Jones becomes the first member of the GOP to call for Nunes to recuse himself  (The Hill). Even The National Review thinks he needs to go.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:18:20 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #24366 on: March 29, 2017, 01:33:11 am »
Indeed. Again I accept that Trump has probably caused a bit of a downturn and especially after he went Executive order crazy but from many Muslims I have spoken to very few were keen on any trips to the states even before he came into office. They have been reluctant and apprehensive going to the States for years and not just the really religious ones either.

The point is, it's no longer just Muslims or Muslim-looking visitors who are having problems getting in. It's now people who worry their names will trigger a customs investigation, people who worry their skin isn't quite white enough, people who worry about maybe getting in but then maybe not getting out without a hassle, etc. It's to the point where the Girl Guides of Canada are cancelling trips. The fucking GIRL GUIDES. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/girl-guides-of-canada-cancelling-trips-to-the-u-s-citing-travel-concerns-1.4022985 It's well, well past being an issue about Muslims.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #24367 on: March 29, 2017, 02:59:12 am »
If I was the head of one of the big power companies I would be going ahead like the rules were still in place.

You cant deny the future and the laws will be back in place at some point.

Businesses are ahead of government on climate change. They are responding to their customers and they are following the age old survival instinct.

They actually want government to bring in a gradual response to climate change they can plan for rather than a reactionary drastic measure late in the game.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #24368 on: March 29, 2017, 06:37:15 am »
But Donald is bringing back "millions of jobs" in coal, "good jobs" too!
No one is bidding for coal apparently, there is currently a glut of coal according to the guy on the BBC, so no one will buy this bigly amount of coal dug by millions of miners re-employed in his fantasyland.
I can't believe he is able to hide behind Spicer and not have to defend his lies
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #24369 on: March 29, 2017, 07:13:00 am »
It's more than anything a hit on the airlines - Qatar, Turkish, Etihad, etc - that have hubs there and fly to the US. It doesn't apply to US airlines flying from those places.

It's old-fashioned protectionism for his airline buddies that he met with a few weeks ago.

Seems like there are others who agree with you, they must read RAWK😎

Laptop cabin ban 'ineffective' says IATA
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39425532
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24370 on: March 29, 2017, 09:07:51 am »
I really don't think there'll be a collapse, he'll continue to trundle on, his voters will continue to lap it up while his critics will get sick of talking about him and every now and then someone will be forced to resign, but ultimately he'll finish his term and just carry on being him.

All things being equal I would agree with you.  However all things are not equal.

After less than 70 days in office this is a president whose administration is mired in scandal and incompetence.  No government of a democratic nation could be expected to function at this level of corrupt idiocy for an extended period, much less a full term. 

The back scenes look on Trump's treatment of Merkel alone is enough to show he is incapable of governing effectively; the collapse of their ACA replacement and Trump's decision to just move on to something else because he's bored is another.  The only reason the GOP might have been prepared to keep Trump in charge was to rubber stamp the deals they want to make, but it's been proven now they can't even get that.

There's literally no reason to keep him - other than it being too much of an effort to remove him because it means admitting Russia got one over on them.

If Trump survives till 2020 it will be only because the GOP are so morally bankrupt that they are prepared to prop him up at all costs.  I can't believe that will happen, I just can't.  Even if they don't axe him for the sake of their own country, they'll do it for simple self preservation.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24371 on: March 29, 2017, 09:15:54 am »
But Donald is bringing back "millions of jobs" in coal, "good jobs" too!
No one is bidding for coal apparently, there is currently a glut of coal according to the guy on the BBC, so no one will buy this bigly amount of coal dug by millions of miners re-employed in his fantasyland.
I can't believe he is able to hide behind Spicer and not have to defend his lies

"[purses middle finger and thumb together] We're gonna bring back millions of jobs to the coal sector. [hand slash gesture]  You'll be amazed - AMAZED - by the amount of coal we're gonna dig up. [raises pointy finger] We're gonna have so much coal we wont know what to do with it all. [smug grin and head tilt]"

Hoping I've done a good job of conveying his mannerisms there...

As for the tourism, it's still too early to say if this is just reactionary to Trump and his policies and we'll see a rebound, or this is the start of a genuine slump.  I'd say the figures will rebound if people have time to acclimatise to Trump's shit, but the wont go back to their original levels; and I reckon we'll see a steady decline that might increase towards 2020 as Trump ranks up his election rhetoric.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #24372 on: March 29, 2017, 09:31:57 am »
Congress Is Headed to Another Government Funding Showdown

The New York Times
By JENNIFER STEINHAUER
7 hrs ago

WASHINGTON — Ten legislative days before funding would run out, Congress is heading toward another government shutdown showdown. Democrats and many Republicans are likely to refuse to go along with President Trump’s request for money for a border wall financed in part by outsize cuts to medical research. And the specter of another fight over Planned Parenthood funding is also in the offing.

Fresh off the humiliating implosion of the House health care bill last week, Mr. Trump appears to be courting another disaster. To help pay for his proposed border wall with Mexico, Mr. Trump has asked for $18 billion in cuts to domestic programs, including many with broad bipartisan support, and an additional $1.5 billion in funding as part of the spending bill to keep the government open for the rest of the year.

Among the cuts, the administration proposes a $1.2 billion reduction to the National Institutes of Health — which Congress enriched last year in a bill to fight cancer and other diseases — and a $2.8 billion reduction to the State Department and other international operations as well as major cuts in grants for transportation, infrastructure and housing.

Democrats said such a plan would arrive dead at the doorstep of the Senate, and Republicans on Tuesday sounded no more enthusiastic. “We just voted to plus up the N.I.H.,” said Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas, who has also been lukewarm on the border wall plan. “It would be difficult to get the votes to then cut it.”

Senator Susan Collins, Republican of Maine, was more blunt. “I think it is too late for this year,” she said about the proposed cuts, echoing several Republican colleagues. As for a border wall, which is not well supported by American voters, “that debate belongs in the next fiscal year,” she said.

Congressional Republicans are desperate to avoid another legislative failure and demonstrate their ability to effectively govern with one-party control of Washington. Another fight over funding to keep the government open would do little to advance their cause.

Mr. Trump’s proposals also run counter to House and Senate appropriators, who have been working in a bipartisan manner for weeks trying to come up with a series of spending bills that could be bundled together in some form to avoid a shutdown.

The spending talks also could be threatened by pledges of House Republicans to stop funding Planned Parenthood, a proposition that has little chance of success in the Senate.

For now, House Republicans are pressing ahead to attack Planned Parenthood through either a revived health care bill or a bill to overhaul the tax code, both of which would require only 51 Senate votes to pass, known as reconciliation. “We think reconciliation is the tool, because that gets it into law,” Speaker Paul D. Ryan said Tuesday.

But if that process seems to lose steam — it is going to be difficult for the House to put together another health care plan or any other budget plan that would defund Planned Parenthood before next month — some House Republicans may once again wage the Planned Parenthood fight, which would spell trouble for the measure.

“There is a path to a positive outcome, which I define as a bipartisan omnibus,” said Representative Nita M. Lowey of New York, the highest-ranking Democrat on the House appropriations committee, referring to a collection of appropriations bills cobbled together as one.

“It’s going to require Republican leadership to reject poison-pill riders like defunding Planned Parenthood and wasting billions of dollars on a border wall,” Ms. Lowey said.

The current funding bill expires on April 28, and Congress is set for a two-week recess just before that deadline.

The Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky, saw the sticky path forward from the day Mr. Trump was elected, and pushed for a longer-term spending bill, an idea the White House rebuffed.

In the interim, the House Republicans’ failure to get a bill to repeal the health care law passed — or even voted on — complicates the process. Some of the more conservative House Republicans, who helped bring down the bill, may want to show that they have muscle to flex on the spending process. But others may be eager to build confidence among voters and have a spending bill pass quickly.

But it remains unclear if the debacle of last week will bring House Republicans closer together in the interest of producing something or make them more factionalized. For now, they have to clear the way forward on a spending bill, tax reform and an infrastructure plan, all made more difficult by failing on health care.

In the Senate there is more unity among Republicans, but not in ways that are favorable to the White House. “I’m not going to spend a lot of money on a wall,” said Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina. “I’m not going to support a big cut to the N.I.H. I’m not going to support big cuts to the State Department.”

Democrats on the other hand feel emboldened. They say Republicans will need their votes to pass a measure to keep the government open, and they will continue to fight against Mr. Trump’s proposed cuts and the border wall.

“The administration is asking the American taxpayer to cover the cost of a wall — unneeded, ineffective, absurdly expensive — that Mexico was supposed to pay for, and he is cutting programs that are vital to the middle class in order to get that done,” said Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader. Mr. Schumer added that he did not see that happening.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/congress-is-headed-to-another-government-funding-showdown/ar-BByZd52?ocid=SK216DHP
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24373 on: March 29, 2017, 10:07:37 am »
Kushner, taking new White House role, faces rare scrutiny

Associated Press
By JONATHAN LEMIRE and JOSH BOAK, Associated Press
34 mins ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Jared Kushner has been a power player able to avoid much of the harsh scrutiny that comes with working in the White House. But this week he's found that even the president's son-in-law takes his turn in the spotlight.

In a matter of days, Kushner, a senior Trump adviser, drew headlines for leaving Washington for a ski vacation while a signature campaign promise fell apart. The White House then confirmed he had volunteered to be interviewed before the Senate intelligence committee about meetings with Russian officials. At the same time, the White House announced he'll helm a new task force that some in the West Wing have suggested carries little real influence.

Kushner became the fourth Trump associate to get entangled in the Russia probe. North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr, the chairman of the intelligence committee, said Tuesday that Kushner would likely be under oath and would submit to a "private interview" about arranging meetings with the Russian ambassador and other officials.

The news came as the White House announced Kushner would lead a new White House Office of American Innovation, a task force billed as a powerful assignment for Kushner. But the task force's true power in the White House remained unclear, according to a half-dozen West Wing officials and Kushner associates who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The official White House line is that the group would have sweeping authority to modernize government, acting as strategic consultants who can draw from experiences in the private sector — and sometimes receive input from the president himself — to fulfill campaign promises like battling opioid addiction and transforming health care for veterans. White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Monday that it would "apply the president's ahead-of-schedule-and-under-budget mentality" to the government.

But others inside and outside the White House cast doubt on the task force's significance and reach, suggesting it was a lower priority for the administration and pointing out that similar measures have been tried by previous presidents with middling success. The assignment revived lingering questions about whether Kushner had opted to focus his time on a project that would put him at some distance from some Trump's more conservative and controversial policy overhauls.

The announcement came just days after Kushner and his wife, Ivanka Trump, were photographed on the ski slopes of Aspen, Colorado, as the GOP health care deal began to unravel amid protests from conservative Republicans that it did not go far enough in replacing President Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act. Kushner rushed back to Washington on Friday but it was too late to save the bill, which was scuttled hours later by House Speaker Paul Ryan.

Two people close to Kushner vehemently denied the president was upset at his son-in-law for being absent, saying Trump had given the trip his blessing. And a senior White House official insisted the timing of the task force announcement was planned weeks in advance.

Kushner, who has been at his father-in-law's right hand since the campaign, has long been viewed as a first-among-equals among the disparate power centers competing for the president's ear. Kushner, who routinely avoids interviews, draws power from his ability to access Trump at all hours, including the White House residence often off-limits to staffers.

His portfolio is robust: He has been deeply involved with presidential staffing and has played the role of shadow diplomat, advising on relations with the Middle East, Canada and Mexico. Though Kushner and Ivanka Trump have been spotted with some frequency on the Washington social circuit, the president's son-in-law is routinely in the office early and leaves late, other than on Fridays when he observes the Sabbath.

While those close to Trump flatly state that Kushner, by virtue of marriage, is untouchable, this is a rare moment when he has been the center of the sort of political storm that has routinely swept up the likes of White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, chief of staff Reince Priebus and senior counselor Kellyanne Conway. It points to a White House whose power matrix is constantly in flux.

Kushner has been closely allied with senior counselor Dina Powell and National Economic Council director Gary Cohn, the former Goldman Sachs executive and a registered Democrat. That group has, at times, been at odds with conservatives led by Bannon, who to this point has been the driving force behind the White House's policy shop.

When Kushner officially joined the administration in January as a senior adviser, it was suggested that the real estate heir would draw upon the private sector to streamline and modernize government. His task force has been meeting since shortly after the inauguration and started talking to CEOs from various sectors about ways to make changes to entrenched federal programs.

"Jared is a visionary with an endless appetite for strategic, inventive solutions that will improve quality of life for all Americans," said Hope Hicks, Trump's longtime spokeswoman.

A list supplied by the White House of some of those who have met with Kushner reads like a who's who of the American business world, including Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, Tim Cook of Apple and Jamie Dimon of JPMorgan Chase. Kushner usually does more listening than talking in the meetings, largely avoiding ideological arguments while asking questions about efficiency and best practices, according to a person who has attended a gathering but is not authorized to discuss private conversations.

But the Trump team is hardly the first seeking to improve how the government operates. The Reagan administration tasked the Grace Commission in 1982 with uncovering wasteful spending and practices, while the Clinton administration sought its own reinvention of government in 1993 with what was initially called the National Performance Review. Previous commissions have not produced overwhelming results in changing the stubborn bureaucracy, casting some doubt on what Kushner's team can accomplish.

Philip Joyce, a professor of public policy at the University of Maryland, said the domestic spending cuts in Trump's budget blueprint suggest that this new committee would most likely focus more on shrinking the government than improving its performance.

Even then, any change would be unlikely to deliver significant budget savings compared to reforming entitlement programs such as Medicare and Medicaid.

"It's not the main thing we ought to be focusing on," Joyce said. "It's at the margins of the big issues facing the country, certainly in terms of the budget."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kushner-taking-new-white-house-role-faces-rare-scrutiny/ar-BByZwph?ocid=SK216DHP
Kill the humourless

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24374 on: March 29, 2017, 10:16:25 am »
That Jared Kushner is a very weird looking guy. Definitely has the serial killer look about him with that smile.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24375 on: March 29, 2017, 10:38:46 am »
Can't help but wonder watching that MSNBC article about Nunes and a pertinent point it makes - what whistleblower is going to leak something to a GOP member now, for fear they may go running straight to the White House with the information? 

"Hey, Donald!  I got a leaker here!  So and so told me this!"

"A leaker?  Is she Russian?  Get me my bed!"

Popcorn's Art

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #24376 on: March 29, 2017, 11:10:23 am »
Can't help but wonder watching that MSNBC article about Nunes and a pertinent point it makes - what whistleblower is going to leak something to a GOP member now, for fear they may go running straight to the White House with the information? 

"Hey, Donald!  I got a leaker here!  So and so told me this!"

"A leaker?  Is she Russian?  Get me my bed!"

I'd ask which whistleblower was going to do that in the first place? Nunes was on Trump's transition team. It really would not be surprising to learn that this was someone on the Trump staff giving it to Nunes in order for him to then give it to Trump and make Donald happy again. Even the information given to Nunes was bizarre - people related to the Trump campaign were picked up in a totally legal surveillance operation and had their names redacted according to the policies governing the collection of that information. This isn't even newsworthy after the National Security Advisor had to resign because he lied when the evidence was there for a very small group of people to show that he'd done (and said) what he claimed he hadn't. But it does kindofsortofvaguelywithoneeyeclosedwithatotaldisregardofwhatTrumpactuallypostedontwitter allow Trump to say "look - they spied on us!". Even if it is information he could have accessed for himself just by asking.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24377 on: March 29, 2017, 11:25:58 am »
I'd ask which whistleblower was going to do that in the first place? Nunes was on Trump's transition team. It really would not be surprising to learn that this was someone on the Trump staff giving it to Nunes in order for him to then give it to Trump and make Donald happy again. Even the information given to Nunes was bizarre - people related to the Trump campaign were picked up in a totally legal surveillance operation and had their names redacted according to the policies governing the collection of that information. This isn't even newsworthy after the National Security Advisor had to resign because he lied when the evidence was there for a very small group of people to show that he'd done (and said) what he claimed he hadn't. But it does kindofsortofvaguelywithoneeyeclosedwithatotaldisregardofwhatTrumpactuallypostedontwitter allow Trump to say "look - they spied on us!". Even if it is information he could have accessed for himself just by asking.

A good point.  But you have to ask why bother involving Nunes in the first place?  Why did somebody think that this information coming from Nunes would put Trump in a better mood than, say, coming from Conway, or the person who had the information themselves?  All it has achieved is to compromisd Nunes, implicate Ryan, and damage the bi partisan relationship and functioning of the committee.

If THAT was their aim then I suppose it's worked great as a stalling tactic - Nunes is effectively trying to put the whole investigation on ice as he repeatedly postpones and cancels hearings - but that can't last.  All he really accomplishes in the medium to long term is ruining his own credibility.  What kind of a demented, weak minded fool does that for Donald Fucking Trump?

There wont be that many people so willing to fall on their swords for him, and he's spending those jokers mighty early in this poker game.  Pretty soon he'll be out of cards to play.

Popcorn's Art

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24378 on: March 29, 2017, 11:36:42 am »
All things being equal I would agree with you.  However all things are not equal.

After less than 70 days in office this is a president whose administration is mired in scandal and incompetence.  No government of a democratic nation could be expected to function at this level of corrupt idiocy for an extended period, much less a full term. 

The back scenes look on Trump's treatment of Merkel alone is enough to show he is incapable of governing effectively; the collapse of their ACA replacement and Trump's decision to just move on to something else because he's bored is another.  The only reason the GOP might have been prepared to keep Trump in charge was to rubber stamp the deals they want to make, but it's been proven now they can't even get that.

There's literally no reason to keep him - other than it being too much of an effort to remove him because it means admitting Russia got one over on them.

If Trump survives till 2020 it will be only because the GOP are so morally bankrupt that they are prepared to prop him up at all costs.  I can't believe that will happen, I just can't.  Even if they don't axe him for the sake of their own country, they'll do it for simple self preservation.

I think Trump will get bored and tired of battling at some point and the GOP will start to get their way more and more as he delegates everything. He's making a big show of doing what he said he would now but at some point he'll claim "mission accomplished" even if he's been nothing but destructive.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #24379 on: March 29, 2017, 11:48:56 am »
A good point.  But you have to ask why bother involving Nunes in the first place?  Why did somebody think that this information coming from Nunes would put Trump in a better mood than, say, coming from Conway, or the person who had the information themselves?  All it has achieved is to compromisd Nunes, implicate Ryan, and damage the bi partisan relationship and functioning of the committee.

If THAT was their aim then I suppose it's worked great as a stalling tactic - Nunes is effectively trying to put the whole investigation on ice as he repeatedly postpones and cancels hearings - but that can't last.  All he really accomplishes in the medium to long term is ruining his own credibility.  What kind of a demented, weak minded fool does that for Donald Fucking Trump?

There wont be that many people so willing to fall on their swords for him, and he's spending those jokers mighty early in this poker game.  Pretty soon he'll be out of cards to play.

Politico`s Nerdcast touching on the failed replacement of ACA and the investigation of collusion with Russia (which has been hijacked by Nunes and Co. ,as directed by Fat Donnie, to talk about leaks and Obama). Basically they are saying that after the opening pleasantries of bi-partisanship both sides are pushing their own agenda: Dems trying to get transparency/the dirt, Republicans backing up Trump`s attempts to obfuscate.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/politics-podcast-donald-trump-paul-ryan-health-care-236449

The pod makes a really good point about the question of "What`s in it for Nunes?" beyond being loyal to his President, as his district was not one of the most vocal or supportive of Trump.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24380 on: March 29, 2017, 11:49:07 am »
I think Trump will get bored and tired of battling at some point and the GOP will start to get their way more and more as he delegates everything. He's making a big show of doing what he said he would now but at some point he'll claim "mission accomplished" even if he's been nothing but destructive.

If we were a year or 18 months in I'd readily agreed with you. But after just 70 days I have to admit I'm sceptical about this being an option.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #24381 on: March 29, 2017, 12:29:19 pm »
If we were a year or 18 months in I'd readily agreed with you. But after just 70 days I have to admit I'm sceptical about this being an option.

If he gets sick of the GOP, he will just veto their bills out of spite. He would happily inflict political damage on himself to exact revenge.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #24382 on: March 29, 2017, 01:21:38 pm »

Nunes was meant to have credibility and be an outside voice. There are also a limited amount of people who could access the information - it seems to be related to FISA warrants. Nunes and Burr (chair of senate intelligence committee) phoned up the media to deny newspaper stories because the White House asked them, so it's not even the first time Nunes has done something purely to please Trump. I don't think the consequences have been quite what was expected. Nunes didn't want to sit on the grenade with his whole arse so he's given himself wriggle room back out of the mess he's placed himself in - if it proves politically expedient to need that.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #24383 on: March 29, 2017, 01:37:05 pm »
Daniel Dale‏Verified account @ddale8 3m3 minutes ago
Daniel Dale Retweeted Donald J. Trump
This is a lie. Never happened

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 33m33 minutes ago
Remember when the failing @nytimes apologized to its subscribers, right after the election, because their coverage was so wrong. Now worse!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #24384 on: March 29, 2017, 01:57:24 pm »
Daniel Dale‏Verified account @ddale8 3m3 minutes ago
Daniel Dale Retweeted Donald J. Trump
This is a lie. Never happened

What's the context here?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24385 on: March 29, 2017, 01:59:12 pm »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #24386 on: March 29, 2017, 02:00:37 pm »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #24387 on: March 29, 2017, 03:18:12 pm »
If he gets sick of the GOP, he will just veto their bills out of spite. He would happily inflict political damage on himself to exact revenge.

Wouldn't  require him to have a clue about what's in them?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24388 on: March 29, 2017, 03:22:02 pm »
Democrats, once threatened by Trump, see little reason to worry

The Washington Post
David Weigel
10 hrs ago

President Trump meets with Democratic senators tonight, but he has already put them on notice. On Friday, he announced that the American Health Care Act had been pulled by warning that the health-care system would “explode,” and that voters would blame Democrats.

“I think the losers are Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, because now they own Obamacare,” the president said.

Corey Lewandowski, the president’s former campaign manager, told the weekend hosts of “Fox and Friends” that 10 Senate Democrats up for reelection in November 2018 are from states carried by Trump.

“You know what that means: They’re going to negotiate with the president,” Lewandowski said.

But with a few exceptions, Democrats are feeling no public pressure to work with Trump — and not expecting blame if the health-care system bristles under the new administration. Before the failure of the American Health Care Act, the president’s approval rating was underwater in most of the country. Afterward, Democrats are speaking more confidently about resisting the president and being rewarded at the polls.

“If people have a sense that he’s not just rooting for failure but creating it, that’s not a good position to be in,” said Sen. Robert P. Casey Jr. (D-Pa.), a member of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, and one of the 10 Democrats up for reelection next year in a state that voted for Trump. “It’ll be clear to people who did the damage.”

In conversations Tuesday, a dozen Democrats from Trump-voting states and districts generally dismissed the political threats from the White House — which, confusingly, have alternated with rhetoric about the president reaching across the aisle to cut deals. Badgered in hallways about what sort of negotiations they could have with Trump, most suggested long-standing Democratic policies.

“I’d like to see the public option back on the table,” said Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.).

“I’m grateful that their ineptness and incompetence and demagoguery ensured that 900,000 Ohioans still have insurance, 1 million Ohioans still have the expansion of Medicaid, and every Ohioan still has those protections,” said Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), another “Trump state” Democrat.

Some of the Democrats’ attitude comes from the Republicans’ off-message response to the AHCA failure. In several Trump-won states, such as Kansas, Republicans were restarting debates about whether to accept expanded Medicaid funding. In Congress, several Republicans were talking about ending a lawsuit against the American Care Act. As first reported by The Washington Post, House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) told donors that he would revisit the repeal effort; on Tuesday, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said it was over.

“Our Democratic friends now have the law that they wrote in place and we’ll see how that works out,” he said at a news conference.

On Tuesday, House Democrats shared a polling memo with reporters that revealed just how toxic the AHCA had been over its short existence. With theatrical surprise, Rep. Joseph Crowley (D-N.Y.), who chairs the Democratic conference, noted that the Greenberg Quinlan Rosner survey found 54 percent of voters “in congressional battleground districts” opposed to the bill, and 51 percent disapproving of Trump. Tabling the bill, Crowley said, would not save the Republicans who Democrats wanted to hold accountable.

“It’s the letters that they signed, the statements that they made, and the rule they voted for to bring the bill to the House floor,” he said, pointing out online advertisements that ran against members of a key committee after it moved the AHCA.

The poll’s findings about the president underlined the other major reason for optimism. Since taking office, the president has struggled to reach even 50 percent approval ratings. During the fight over the AHCA, his approval rating in the Gallup poll tumbled to 36 percent — lower, the pollster pointed out, than it ever sank for former president Barack Obama.

As Democrats discovered in 2016, when Trump lost the popular vote but won the White House, the president’s supporters are clustered in states and districts that are more electorally valuable. But in 2002, the last time that a party failed to gain seats in a midterm election, the president was widely popular. The final Gallup poll taken before the 2002 midterm elections found President George W. Bush enjoying a 63 percent approval rating, which helped the party win Senate races in Georgia, Minnesota and Missouri, while gaining eight seats in the House. (The elections also came after a 2001 round of gerrymanders that helped Republicans gain Southern and Midwestern seats.)

Trump has never come close to that level of support, even in the 10 states seen as most winnable for Republicans in 2018. In the five states lost by Mitt Romney but won by Trump — Florida, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — Trump’s average favorable rating on Election Day was 40 percent. In Florida, Michigan and Wisconsin, his favorable rating was actually lower than Hillary Clinton’s.

Since then, Trump has seen his numbers sink even further. This week, New York’s Siena poll found the president at just 34 percent approval in his native New York. That had a lot to do with his toxic ratings in New York City. But when the poll was broken into regions, the president was unpopular everywhere. In Upstate New York, where he lost to Hillary Clinton by just five points, Trump’s approval rating was just 39 percent. In the suburbs of New York, where the president actually won, the approval rating was down to 44 percent.

“The intensity between the parties really flipped overnight after Nov. 8,” said Ron Kind (D-Wis.), one of 13 House Democrats who represent a district won by Trump. “There’s a lot of scratching of heads by his supporters. He hasn’t really done a lot to improve people’s lives. I’m not sure how much time they’re going to give him.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-once-threatened-by-trump-see-little-reason-to-worry/ar-BByZ2cI?ocid=SK216DHP

Trump supporting incumbents will be bailing soon as they see the folly of their existence.  They'll have much more difficulty getting re-elected having backed this shower of shite.
Kill the humourless

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24389 on: March 29, 2017, 03:26:51 pm »
You're all wondering about the wall, aren't you?  Want to know the latest, courtesy of Interior Secretary Zinke:

Mexico are going to pay for the wall. And build it on their side of the border.   Jesus fucking wept.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #24390 on: March 29, 2017, 03:27:59 pm »

Nope. He's probably signed stuff already that he knows nothing about.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #24391 on: March 29, 2017, 03:28:29 pm »

I'd be surprised if he's actually read one full order he's signed off on.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24392 on: March 29, 2017, 03:31:23 pm »

No. He can just veto them because he does not like the people sponsoring them.  You don't need to know what is being vetoed.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24393 on: March 29, 2017, 03:52:04 pm »

That's literally how Steve Bannon got onto the National Security Council: Trump signed an order without reading it.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24394 on: March 29, 2017, 04:01:14 pm »
Oh great. Dead-Eyed Mike Pence is even more creepy and weird than you imagined.

Xeni Jardin @xeni
VP Mike Pence's 'conservative Christian' faith is the explanation given for why he won't be in a room alone with a female who's not his wife.
As @espiers noted in a thread today, this means he'd be unable to work with a female colleague as a peer in a professional setting.
Sincere question. How is this different from extreme repressive interpretations of Islam ("Sharia Law!") mocked by people like Mike Pence?

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24395 on: March 29, 2017, 04:01:53 pm »
I'd be surprised if he's actually read one full order he's signed off on.
Wasn't he said to be furious at the one he signed which made Bannon part of the national security council or something?

You can see he knows fuck all about the EOs he signs. He'll have to look at it to read the title, repeat that a couple of times, show it to the cameras and sign off.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #24396 on: March 29, 2017, 04:04:59 pm »
Oh great. Dead-Eyed Mike Pence is even more creepy and weird than you imagined.

Xeni Jardin @xeni
VP Mike Pence's 'conservative Christian' faith is the explanation given for why he won't be in a room alone with a female who's not his wife.
As @espiers noted in a thread today, this means he'd be unable to work with a female colleague as a peer in a professional setting.
Sincere question. How is this different from extreme repressive interpretations of Islam ("Sharia Law!") mocked by people like Mike Pence?

Sounds a lot like Mike might be keeping to rules of the kind one usually sees imposed after an "error of judgement".

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24397 on: March 29, 2017, 04:16:45 pm »
Sounds a lot like Mike might be keeping to rules of the kind one usually sees imposed after an "error of judgement".

He kinda strikes me more of a 'Republican making an error of judgement in an airport toilet' sort of guy.

Not that there's anything wrong etc etc.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24398 on: March 29, 2017, 04:18:56 pm »
Was that before or after he became Vice Pussy Grabber?
Kill the humourless

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #24399 on: March 29, 2017, 04:27:01 pm »
Was that before or after he became Vice Pussy Grabber?

There was a piece in the WaPo yesterday on Pence's wife.  In it the writer talks about having Trump having to apologise to her over that, etc.
It's a long-standing thing he has - he said to The Hill in 2002 that he doesn't touch alcohol in a place with women if his wife isn't present.

You know, cos all women are brazen floozies who prey on righteous men weakened by the demon drink.  We can all at least agree on that.