Author Topic: Premier League games to be played on Friday nights from 2016-17  (Read 15051 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: Premier League games to be played on Friday nights from 2016-17
« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2015, 04:01:26 pm »
Italy now have a collective bargaining arrangement like the Premier League, although the distribution in money is a rather an odd formula to work out!

http://www.espnfc.com/italian-serie-a/story/1916857/serie-a-clubs-agree-new-tv-rights-deal

Must have changed the system when the league was increased to 20 clubs, i read a whilst ago, around then some clubs were struggling to find a broadcaster for there games.

Funny thing it if the Spanish system of signing individual rights happened here, you'd see a similar scenario to La Liga, top 3 or 4 getting most money with the others getting peanuts, Everton would be getting nowhere near £100+ million they got last season.
#Sausages

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2015, 06:47:32 pm »
I'd imagine teams playing midweek CL may welcome playing the league game before on a Friday night.

Could work to our advantage in Europe
If the Friday night games become a CL team thing does that not give them an unfair advantage in the League ?

Offline livesound

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2015, 09:10:27 pm »
5 billion? Then put the ticket prices down you fuckin criminals  :wanker :wanker :wanker

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2015, 09:14:23 pm »
If the Friday night games become a CL team thing does that not give them an unfair advantage in the League ?

It's balanced out by the fact that those teams not in the Champions League get more rest.
Better looking than Samie.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2015, 10:18:13 pm »
It started out with the money following the game, now the game is following the money.

Yup.  And a large chunk of that cash will end up in agents' pockets.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2015, 11:43:26 am »
Better than a Mon and not the first time we've played a league game on a Fri

Frozen pitch
Yellow kit
Ian Rush Hat-trick
my first birthday!

Friday, people will whinge but like monday games and like squad numbers itll be forgotten about before long
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2015, 01:02:54 pm »
Nope, absolutely not.

Thing is, until more of us "customers" vote with our wallets and stop subscribing to Sky/BT it isn't going to get any better. I thought there was a bit of momentum building this season with ticket prices being in the news a fair bit, but it doesn't look like there'll be an end to the obscene money in the game any time soon.

your subscriptions to Sky Sports or BT Sport are not even loose change for Sky or BT pundits and staff,   the BIG money is earnt by these organisations in selling the rights to every corner of the earth, that's how Sky got blown out the water in the current £2.4B over three years which I believe has just been eclipsed by the £5.7B over the next term 

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2015, 01:03:40 pm »
In Australia we have had Friday Night Football (Aussie Rules, Rugby and Football) for decades and it is incredibly successful. Friday night football has been played for at least 30 years and is now the most popular television timeslot. It gets the biggest crowds and the biggest TV audience (conversely, in Australia Sat Arvo and Sun Arvo are the least popular TV time slots, which I believe is not the case in the UK?).

Pubs and bars are full, everyone watches the game then kick off the weekend by going out after, and away fans don't have to get up for work the next morning. In Australia it is the best timeslot for clubs to play as it allows them maximum exposure for sponsorship and TV/Ticket revenue. In Aussie Rules the bigger teams generally get most Friday Night slots as the TV networks are guaranteed big attendances and television ratings.

If they have the right matchups, the TV audiences will be huge not just in the UK but also around the world, as areas like Australia and Asia can get up and watch during breakfast time on a Saturday morning.

Do not be surprised if BT and Sky are fighting for the rights to Friday Night Football for the 2020 TV rights as their main priority ahead of the Sunday fixture.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2015, 12:42:53 am »
The daily Hail saying Sky sport will go up between £4 and £10 a month all depends how much of the cost they pass on.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2017, 09:35:11 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/29/premier-league-illegal-streaming-tv-audiences

Instead of trying to overcome the hurdles that are costing them revenues (i.e. 3pm blackouts, live games only on one channel) they continue to bury their heads in the sand

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2017, 12:08:25 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/29/premier-league-illegal-streaming-tv-audiences

Instead of trying to overcome the hurdles that are costing them revenues (i.e. 3pm blackouts, live games only on one channel) they continue to bury their heads in the sand

The streaming of live football through the internet, bypassing companies such as Sky who have paid for the broadcast rights, has long been a problem for the game’s governing bodies. What was once a minority activity, available only to those with digital skills and knowledge of the more shadowy parts of the internet

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.