Author Topic: Premier League games to be played on Friday nights from 2016-17  (Read 15052 times)

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Premier League games to be played on Friday nights from 2016-17
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2015, 05:13:44 pm »
So what does it mean in terms of any differences to the current setup?

Sky get the 12.45 Saturday. BT now 5.30 is about it.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2015, 05:16:45 pm »
Sky get the 12.45 Saturday. BT now 5.30 is about it.

BT get some Saturday 12.45pm kickoffs, & Sunday 12pm kickoffs when there's a Sunday treble header.

Think Friday nights will be mainly involving teams playing in the Champions League the following Tuesday.
#Sausages

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2015, 05:17:10 pm »
5.1 billion is an insane amount of money. Good that Sky have the majority I guess. BT are shite.

They certainly could ring fence a certain amount of the extra 2 billion to subsidise ticket prices as what always happens  is agents know the extra cash is there and the players get it accordingly .

Offline mjk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2015, 05:18:59 pm »
Sky will be showing Saturday 12:30, Sunday 13:30 and 16:00, Friday 8pm/Monday 8pm and bank holiday games, BT will be showing Saturday 17:30 and midweek games.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2015, 05:28:12 pm »
Rob Harris @RobHarris  ·  17m 17 minutes ago
The £5.136billion Sky and BT are paying for Premier League TV rights 2016-19 is a 70 percent increase on what they paid for 2013-16

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC  ·  17m 17 minutes ago
In 1992-93, broadcasters paid £663,000 per game. In 2001-4, that rose £3.6m. In 2013, it was £6.53m pg. Now - £10.19m pg.

Good God!

My heart goes out to Sky who may now drop the Super Sunday slogan now they lost the Sunday lunchtime package.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2015, 05:30:41 pm »
Norwich made more in TV money than AC Milan. That's how stupid this money is becoming now.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2015, 05:31:44 pm »
Norwich made more in TV money than AC Milan. That's how stupid this money is becoming now.

It's been stupid for a while and will be for along time yet by the looks of it
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2015, 05:35:59 pm »
Ten million quid per game they're paying? Mental.

If this doesn't come off ticket prices then the whole thing can fuck off up it's own arse and I'm out.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2015, 05:37:42 pm »
Rob Harris @RobHarris  ·  17m 17 minutes ago
The £5.136billion Sky and BT are paying for Premier League TV rights 2016-19 is a 70 percent increase on what they paid for 2013-16

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC  ·  17m 17 minutes ago
In 1992-93, broadcasters paid £663,000 per game. In 2001-4, that rose £3.6m. In 2013, it was £6.53m pg. Now - £10.19m pg.

Good God!

My heart goes out to Sky who may now drop the Super Sunday slogan now they lost the Sunday lunchtime package.

Nah they still have the 1.30 and 4pm Sunday slots so Super Sunday will remain.

At least they can get rid of that awful SNF with the live audience.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2015, 05:38:45 pm »
No, everyone's in too deep. But why Liverpool fans would ever subscribe to Sky just baffles me. It's the same money that funds that rag as far as I'm concerned. I know most people disagree but that's how I see it, it's the same puppetmaster holding the strings. Fuck em all. Of course, I'm too lazy to have done extensive research into absolutely everything he owns but I wouldn't buy the Times either.
Truth.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2015, 05:55:22 pm »
All this extra money at the very least they should use half of it per match to bring down prices my bet ticket prices will go up.

Greed breeds greed.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2015, 06:06:16 pm »
No, everyone's in too deep. But why Liverpool fans would ever subscribe to Sky just baffles me. It's the same money that funds that rag as far as I'm concerned. I know most people disagree but that's how I see it, it's the same puppetmaster holding the strings. Fuck em all. Of course, I'm too lazy to have done extensive research into absolutely everything he owns but I wouldn't buy the Times either.

Too right mate, was offered all sorts free from Sky when they took over O2 broadband. Could of saved myself a packet. But Fuck Off Murdoch aint getting a shilling of me. Its either Anfield, Pub or a free stream.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2015, 06:07:42 pm »
Ten million quid per game they're paying? Mental.

If this doesn't come off ticket prices then the whole thing can fuck off up it's own arse and I'm out.

It almost certainly won't. Probably the opposite. Greed knows no bounds.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2015, 06:10:15 pm »
All this extra money at the very least they should use half of it per match to bring down prices my bet ticket prices will go up.

Greed breeds greed.

Yep, reckon your correct there..rich get richer an all that

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2015, 06:12:55 pm »
Wonder how much Sky Sports will be going up next year then ::)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2015, 06:24:52 pm »
The FSF ‏@The_FSF 4m4 minutes ago

@GNev2 The increase in domestic rights alone = £40+ for every fan at every single game. Let that sink in!

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2015, 06:31:55 pm »
If more money is pumped back in to grass roots and (hopefully) cheaper ticket prices then this can only be a good thing.

There's nothing wrong with relegation fodder receiving more money than AC Milan, the model in the Premier League is actually very good and that's (arguably) what makes it more competitive than most.

I'd hate to have the Spanish model where Barcelona and Real Madrid hog all the rights and build massive squads, it's a joke.
:D

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2015, 06:38:17 pm »

Not really. For tv companies football is strictly a product. On the one hand you have a club in the most marketable and popular football league on the planet (no matter how small the club is) on the other hand you have a declining club in a decaying league nobody really cares about.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2015, 06:42:07 pm »

Last season for coming 20th, Cardiff earned more from tv than anyone in Spain, Italy, Germany and France with the exception of the top 2 in Spain and the top 3 in Italy.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2015, 06:45:01 pm »
Last season for coming 20th, Cardiff earned more from tv than anyone in Spain, Italy, Germany and France with the exception of the top 2 in Spain and the top 3 in Italy.

Here's the full list of money:

Spain's deal is just ridiculous, crazy to think how utterly dominant top English teams would be if they took a similarly large % portion of the TV deal as barca and real do
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2015, 06:53:32 pm »
Here's the full list of money:

Real and Barca with 140m each, fucking hell. Really is amazing how Atletico won the league with that much money being allocated to those two.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2015, 07:14:39 pm »
BT get some Saturday 12.45pm kickoffs, & Sunday 12pm kickoffs when there's a Sunday treble header.

Think Friday nights will be mainly involving teams playing in the Champions League the following Tuesday.
According to the BBC article, BT Sport now only have Saturday 5:30 and Bank Holidays whilst Sky have everything else?? If that is true then that is a reduction in real terms for BT isn't it?

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2015, 07:21:00 pm »
According to the BBC article, BT Sport now only have Saturday 5:30 and Bank Holidays whilst Sky have everything else?? If that is true then that is a reduction in real terms for BT isn't it?
Package F: 6 midweek; 8 at Sat 12.30pm or Sat 5.30pm or Sun 12pm - BT
- 3 1st picks
- 7 2nd picks
- 4 4th picks

Package B: 28 at Sat 5.30pm - BT
- 9 1st picks
- 12 3rd picks
- 7 5th picks

It's not far off what they have at the minute.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2015, 07:23:40 pm »
And the over seas bidding isn't done yet and they are saying that maybe another 2 Billion.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2015, 07:26:17 pm »
Sky have probably paid over the odds as BT took Champions league off them.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2015, 07:28:43 pm »
5.1 billion is an insane amount of money. Good that Sky have the majority I guess. BT are shite.

To think the Post office was valued at £3.3billion at launch that nearly two billion more for 3 years of tv rights insane.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2015, 08:08:42 pm »
Last season Newcastle raked in 77 million and they are saying it will go up another 10 million at least.

Fat Bastard Mike Ashley is never going to fuck off from here, and I can't blame him.

Money for old rope sweet fuck all.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2015, 07:55:07 am »
So ... the new TV deal equates to £10M a game. Let's say, for example, the clubs get a third of that ( not that unlikely ); after just 3 games LFC would have enough money to HALVE the price of every single ST or even shave at least £10 off the price of every single league game ticket.

Will they?? Will they bollocks not unless they are ordered to do it by the PL ( who won't do it either ).

Should Sky/BT have insisted on it in the contract? Damn right they should have

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2015, 08:02:37 am »
In that list Juve earned a good amount. Surprised Germany's is so low.

Oh and I hope we never have individual rights like Spain. Talk about a gap between rich and poor(er).

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2015, 09:19:25 am »
Not really. For tv companies football is strictly a product. On the one hand you have a club in the most marketable and popular football league on the planet (no matter how small the club is) on the other hand you have a declining club in a decaying league nobody really cares about.

Serie A is a shit league I agree but most people would rather watch Milan v Inter rather than Norwich v Stoke. The money being pumped into this league is ludicrous but I guess it meets the worldwide demand.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2015, 11:43:47 am »
Spain & Italy is different that it's up to the clubs to negotiate there own TV deals, were as in England it's done collectively by the League, not sure how it's done in Germany, but Cardiff City got twice as much money as Bayern Munich who won the Bundesliga. :o
#Sausages

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2015, 11:55:06 am »
I'd say that potentially the overall package for PL clubs will be doubled.  The foreign rights have not been sold yet and last time around they got £2bn.

There's potential for the foreign rights to gross more than the domestic rights as interest from abroad continues to increase.

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2015, 12:04:44 pm »
If PL clubs can't reduce ticket prices after getting £5.1b from UK ALONE then they never fucking will.

Just worked out,

5.136b is 2.118b more than the previous 3 year period.

Taking last years total fan figures for all 380 games, 13,944,100 people attened the matches.

If all these people paid £45 per ticket, that would be £627,484,500 per season in money.

If all these 13.9m people paid £45 , across 3 seasons it is £1.88b (£1,882,453,500).

So in theory, the premier league or clubs, could let every single fan into every single match played for 3 seasons - for FREE - and still be £238 million better off over the previous/current 3 year period

That £238 million is greater than the increase in TV deal between the 07/10 and 10/13 period (£67m)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31384481
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:09:03 pm by mabbympb »

Offline LondonRapLondon

• "Please leave me alone.....These little forum games are annoying."
  • Kopite
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2015, 12:17:31 pm »
I'd imagine teams playing midweek CL may welcome playing the league game before on a Friday night.

Could work to our advantage in Europe

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2015, 12:29:55 pm »
Personally except for Bank Holidays the Premier League should bin Monday nights, & stick with Friday nights, Fridays have that start to the weekend feeling, Mondays feel like an anti climax.
#Sausages

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2015, 01:21:20 pm »
Prefer Friday nights to Monday. Although with only 10 per season I don't think we'll play in more than 1. Crafty fuckers moving the 12:45 forward by 15 minutes an all. Very glad that tv audience gets fucked off on Sky.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2015, 01:29:19 pm »
12:45 on Saturday is a lame time for people who watch the games on TV. Eats into Saturday shopping time.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2015, 01:35:49 pm »
12:45 on Saturday is a lame time for people who watch the games on TV. Eats into Saturday shopping time.

Get up earlier and be back from shopping before the game starts then :P

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2015, 03:29:24 pm »
Spain & Italy is different that it's up to the clubs to negotiate there own TV deals, were as in England it's done collectively by the League, not sure how it's done in Germany, but Cardiff City got twice as much money as Bayern Munich who won the Bundesliga. :o
Italy now have a collective bargaining arrangement like the Premier League, although the distribution in money is a rather an odd formula to work out!

http://www.espnfc.com/italian-serie-a/story/1916857/serie-a-clubs-agree-new-tv-rights-deal
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2015, 03:33:22 pm »

I loved it when I was still studying, as a 12:45-kickoff meant it was already 13:45 here in Austria. It was the perfect excuse to go to the pub around the corner while still hungover from the night before, have a beer, a chili and watch some footy... ;)