Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2606429 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs
« Reply #4280 on: March 22, 2017, 01:51:59 pm »
League cup final two years ago.
FA cup semi final this season.

And that makes you on our radar???

2017- League Cup Semi
2016 - Europa League Final
2016 - League Cup Final
2015 - FA Cup Semi
2015 - League Cup Semi
2012 - League Cup Winners
2012 - FA Cup Final

and none of us are happy with that as we,ve won fuck all but somehow you are on our radar because of what excactly???

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4281 on: March 22, 2017, 02:28:50 pm »
And that makes you on our radar???

2017- League Cup Semi
2016 - Europa League Final
2016 - League Cup Final
2015 - FA Cup Semi
2015 - League Cup Semi
2012 - League Cup Winners
2012 - FA Cup Final

and none of us are happy with that as we,ve won fuck all but somehow you are on our radar because of what excactly???
You're wasting your time,he'll find something else that makes Spurs relevant in football and "on the radar".

And why is he bigging up some new stadium as being the best in the world,why because it will have a Kop and retractable pitch. ::)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #4282 on: March 22, 2017, 03:26:54 pm »
I'd hardly call finishing third last season choking.

You certainly didn't choke away the title but you were within 3 points of Leicester following Matchday 28 and that gap continued to increase over the remainder of the season.

You did however manage to finish third in a two horse race after losing 5-1 to an already relegated side on the last day of the season. I would absolutely call that choking away the chance to finish above your local rivals and finish in second.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline SyukriJ

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Out of darkness cometh light
« Reply #4283 on: March 22, 2017, 08:38:04 pm »
Three Spurs players in the England starting eleven tonight vs

One from Liverpool
One from Utd
One from Chelsea
None from Arsenal
None from City

They're on everybody's radar...not just Liverpool
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog you must stick together" - Bob Paisley

Online ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4284 on: March 23, 2017, 07:52:29 am »
True noone knows. I'll err on the side of positivity. You're within your rights to hope or expect things might not work out well and we do struggle. Your prerogative.

I really don't see where I'm gloating by the way. Spurs fans have every reason to be happy and optimistic about our club, team and direction we are heading in.

You are right to be positive, (gloating was perhaps too strong a word). It's all about improvement & context. Arsenal could end up overtaking Spurs & finishing 2nd or 3rd (not looking likely) & get to the Final or even win the FA Cup, but Wenger will still get slated. Meanwhile there is an air of positivity around Liverpool & Spurs quite rightly because it seems like there is improvement being made on & off the park. It was just a word of warning that things can change quickly.

With Barca and potentially Atletico looking for new managers it's not out of the realm of possibility one of these clubs may go after Pochettino and if so I think it would be very difficult for him to say no.

They truly lucked out finding a coach who can consistently overachieve on a shoestring budget. If they lose him they'll need all the luck in the world to find another manager who can provide such stability and progress without a significant investment. That is their biggest concern because with stadium investment they can't afford to have managerial instability and everything that it brings.

This is what i was hinting at with regards Spurs fans being cautious. If they struggle at Wembley next season for instance, which they might, it could be a struggle for top 4. They will probably be ok however regardless. If however they struggle to adapt to the new stadium the next season, which does happen a lot, then how patient will Levy be, with a new stadium to pay for? How patient will Pochettino be, perhaps having to work with a limited budget with big clubs circiling? Or players like Lloris, or Kane etc, who will get money thrown at them by richer clubs?

This isn't wishful thinking by the way. These are genuine concerns, as history tells us these struggles during adaptations do happen, & in the modern game with little or no patience by fans, chairmen, managers, players etc, rarely does anyone get time for 1 season of struggles, let alone 2. That's why i urged a sense of caution. Of course, this will all be a moot point if Spurs adapt to Wembley & their new stadium with ease.   
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:54:42 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4285 on: March 23, 2017, 08:52:12 am »
Awww leave the poor lad alone!!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline My Original Username Back

• Kopite
« Reply #4286 on: March 23, 2017, 09:10:54 am »
Are you still talking about Spurs?  ???

And I think you're wrong. I think, though they all might like to be doing better now, they'd all prefer to have the trophy (which was TNB's point).

Kane, Rose, Eriksen, Alli, Lloris, Alderweireld, all some of the best players in their positions in europe. The stats and performances for the past few seasons all back this up.

I don't think I'm being fanciful.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4287 on: March 23, 2017, 09:13:37 am »
But the trophies don't.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #4288 on: March 23, 2017, 09:25:33 am »
But the trophies don't.

What does our recent trophy haul say about our players then?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4289 on: March 23, 2017, 09:28:19 am »
That we don't have enough boss ones, I'd have thought that and finishing mid table all the time would have made that pretty obvious but I guess not!

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4290 on: March 23, 2017, 09:39:52 am »
Kane, Rose, Eriksen, Alli, Lloris, Alderweireld, all some of the best players in their positions in europe. The stats and performances for the past few seasons all back this up.

I don't think I'm being fanciful.
Come on mate, Kane and Alderweireld aside, some of those players are not even clear standouts to their counterparts in the league, let alone the whole of Europe. And surely one of the measures of being "the best players in their positions in europe" is how they actually performed in Europe, in Europe's premier competition. How many of those made a name for themselves in the Champions League?

They're all very good players, no doubt, but let's not go overboard.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #4291 on: March 24, 2017, 02:44:54 am »

Brent Council has approved their planning application to host 27 matches at full 90,000 capacity at Wembley next season.

Online Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4292 on: March 24, 2017, 08:44:43 am »
In 100 years no one will remember that time Spurs consistently finished top 5 or higher unless they actually win something because of it.

To be fair, nobody will remember Portsmouth winning the FA Cup in 100 years time either.  :P Well...Nobody but some ardent Pompey fans anyway.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4293 on: March 24, 2017, 09:30:51 am »

To be fair, nobody will remember Portsmouth winning the FA Cup in 100 years time either.  :P Well...Nobody but some ardent Pompey fans anyway.

It'll be on the rolecall of winners though. If you look up FA Cup Winners on future Google, it will always say Portsmouth. Spurs' only honour will be 'being there in the league while other people won stuff'.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4294 on: March 24, 2017, 09:51:41 am »
It'll be on the rolecall of winners though. If you look up FA Cup Winners on future Google, it will always say Portsmouth. Spurs' only honour will be 'being there in the league while other people won stuff'.

I know that mate. I wasn't being serious.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4295 on: March 24, 2017, 10:27:40 am »
But the trophies don't.

see that's one area where I think it's unfair to hold it against players (or coaches) to a large extent. You can be a top class player, but not be on a fantastic team, same for a coach.

Although Spurs do have enough good player to not be so shit in Europe, that's for sure.

But that list of Prms is obviously written with rose tinted specs (Get it? ;) ).

But fans will always do that. Goodness knows Liverpool fans will do the same.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:29:16 am by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4296 on: March 24, 2017, 10:46:43 am »
Spurs are doing well, they were our whipping boys for about 15 years. When we were winning doubles they were fighting relegation. They have come a long way, beyond the expectations of most spurs fans. Especially when they lost Modric, then Bale, world class players. They rebuilt and come strong again.
At a crossroads now though, another club reaching that point. I think they need to win the fa cup this season, or with the move unhelpful to Wembley, they may go on a negative spiral soon.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4297 on: March 24, 2017, 01:54:59 pm »
Quote from Colin Farrell "In Bruges" when talking about purgatory;

"Where you go if you weren't really great, but you weren't really shit either - you know, like Spurs".

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4298 on: March 24, 2017, 02:45:36 pm »
Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli has been banned for three European matches after being sent off against Gent at Wembley in the Europa League in February.

Alli was dismissed for a challenge on Brecht Dejaegere in the 2-2 draw.

Should Spurs secure a top-three Premier League finish, Alli would miss half of their Champions League group campaign.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4299 on: March 24, 2017, 02:54:49 pm »
I'm not sure of the mathematics behind, "we recently have a net spend of zero. When we are paying 800 million for a stadium, our net spend will remain zero."
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4300 on: March 24, 2017, 02:56:56 pm »
800 million is an eye watering amount of money to load on to any club. I'm sure there's plans to alleviate some of it but I just don't see anyway this doesn't hamstring Spurs for a long time.

And once it starts turning a profit? You'll be like Arsenal post-stadium or us post-Hicks/Gillette. Way behind the curve in a league that waits for nobody.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #4301 on: March 24, 2017, 04:57:34 pm »
800 million is an eye watering amount of money to load on to any club. I'm sure there's plans to alleviate some of it but I just don't see anyway this doesn't hamstring Spurs for a long time.

And once it starts turning a profit? You'll be like Arsenal post-stadium or us post-Hicks/Gillette. Way behind the curve in a league that waits for nobody.

We already are way behind the curve - need to take high risk punts, its the wages that mean we cant compete with a certain level of player not the fees.  I am led to believe the 800m is for the full project not just the stadium (so profit on housing / supermarket can come straightt off that)and it may or may not include the 150M already spent.  My opinion is Levy is chucking everything he can at the headline figure to help with negotiations with both the local council, FA etc. 

Either way it will be a huge investment I do however trust Levy to have properly crunched the numbers.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4302 on: March 24, 2017, 05:19:37 pm »
We already are way behind the curve - need to take high risk punts, its the wages that mean we cant compete with a certain level of player not the fees.  I am led to believe the 800m is for the full project not just the stadium (so profit on housing / supermarket can come straightt off that)and it may or may not include the 150M already spent.  My opinion is Levy is chucking everything he can at the headline figure to help with negotiations with both the local council, FA etc. 

Either way it will be a huge investment I do however trust Levy to have properly crunched the numbers.

I'd say you're on the cusp of success, although you could say that has been the case for a while. Unfortunately being a London based team with a small stadium I guess your options are pretty slim.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #4303 on: March 24, 2017, 10:38:09 pm »
I'd say you're on the cusp of success, although you could say that has been the case for a while. Unfortunately being a London based team with a small stadium I guess your options are pretty slim.
All down to a great manager who is willing and able to give our kids a run, the manager is the key without him think we sink back to 5/6 occasionally pushing for 4th where resources indicate we should be. Imo

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4304 on: March 24, 2017, 10:55:44 pm »
All down to a great manager who is willing and able to give our kids a run, the manager is the key without him think we sink back to 5/6 occasionally pushing for 4th where resources indicate we should be. Imo

Claude Puel is doing well. If he's gone just get whoever replaces him.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4305 on: March 31, 2017, 04:30:26 pm »
Delayed the decision if to play at Wembley next season for a month, seems there is some doubt over if the new stadium has progressed enough for them to have to move out of WHL.

Over budget and over schedule it seems  ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4306 on: March 31, 2017, 10:16:32 pm »
Mauricio Pochettino Rules Out Ever Managing Barcelona

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/30/mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-barcelona

Mauricio Pochettino has ruled out ever managing Barcelona due to his history with their crosstown rivals Espanyol.

Pochettino was linked to Barcelona's upcoming managerial vacancy when Luis Enrique announced his departure.

Pochettino was spotted in a bar in Barcelona with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu, which reignited links to the job.

“It was a coincidence in a bar in Barcelona last Tuesday,” Pochettino said. “I know him [Bartomeu] for a long time – before he became chairman of Barcelona. Our children went to the same school in Barcelona. We spent five minutes together. That was the reality. After that, you know the rumour is impossible to stop.

“But I am an Espanyol supporter. I think I don’t think I need to speak too much. It’s like if one day, [the Tottenham chairman] Daniel Levy sacked me – in a few years it would be impossible for me to manage Arsenal.

“In football, I know it is so difficult to keep your values and to be loyal – with your heart, with your emotion. But, for me, before being a manager, before being a player, being loyal is more important. I am an Espanyol fan.

“I love Espanyol. It’s like Tottenham for me now. It will be impossible, one day, to move to Arsenal. It will be impossible.”

David Hytner/The Guardian

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4307 on: March 31, 2017, 10:17:41 pm »
Guarantee if they offered him the job he'd fucking walk there from London to take it.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4308 on: March 31, 2017, 10:23:44 pm »
so he's ruled out managing Barcelona and Arsenal in one week  ;D

He may want to achieve a bit more in football before ruling out teams bigger than the one he currently coaches.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4309 on: March 31, 2017, 10:24:22 pm »
Exactly what we need at Arsenal. A manager who's never won anything, with a decent record of finishing in the top 4 then flopping in Europe. Would be just perfect.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4310 on: March 31, 2017, 10:31:58 pm »
Guarantee if they offered him the job he'd fucking walk there from London to take it.

;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4311 on: March 31, 2017, 10:32:40 pm »
so he's ruled out managing Barcelona and Arsenal in one week  ;D

He may want to achieve a bit more in football before ruling out teams bigger than the one he currently coaches.

To be fair many in La Liga thread was suggesting it's either him or Sampaoli

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4312 on: March 31, 2017, 10:37:23 pm »
Exactly what we need at Arsenal. A manager who's never won anything, with a decent record of finishing in the top 4 then flopping in Europe. Would be just perfect.

I bet you are so gutted at this news.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #4313 on: April 1, 2017, 05:05:00 am »
Am I the only one finding it a bit mental? The guy's won fuck all! Fair play you got your team running around a lot and performing 20% better than they normally have done in the league, not exactly ready to manage the world's biggest club though.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4314 on: April 1, 2017, 09:55:29 pm »
Am I the only one finding it a bit mental? The guy's won fuck all! Fair play you got your team running around a lot and performing 20% better than they normally have done in the league, not exactly ready to manage the world's biggest club though.

To be honest, he is a better manager than your current one.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4315 on: April 1, 2017, 10:52:28 pm »
He's a better coach then Enrique and martino for me though  , so pochettino would hardly look out of place there.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2017, 10:55:10 pm by Greatness »

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #4316 on: April 6, 2017, 01:55:18 am »
Fucking jammy c*nts.

That's 17 points now that they have won after coming back from a losing position.

They always seem able to get a late winner.  :butt

They still have Leicester and West Ham away and United and Arsenal at home to play yet though.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4317 on: April 6, 2017, 01:56:12 am »
Fair play , they're a proper machine.

If they continue with their points per game ratio they'll improve on like a 10pts or so compared to last season. Still it baffles me that Pochettino can achieve such levels of consistency in the PL for two years now but fail so terribly in Europe , it doesn't make much sense as their defensive solidity should have counted for much more in CL. Definitely a best young coach in the game, Spurs will do really well to keep him in the summer.

Online Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4318 on: April 6, 2017, 06:13:37 am »
Fucking jammy c*nts.

That's 17 points now that they have won after coming back from a losing position.

They always seem able to get a late winner.  :butt

They still have Leicester and West Ham away and United and Arsenal at home to play yet though.

Nothing at all jammy about it mate.

That's 17 points won after coming back from losing positions. How many points have we dropped after being in winning positions? We could learn a thing or two from these lot.

« Last Edit: April 6, 2017, 06:15:16 am by Lycan »

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4319 on: April 6, 2017, 06:24:11 am »
Very good team, they'll probably win nothing again.