Author Topic: Champions League Matchday dates 14/15  (Read 50334 times)

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions League Matchday dates 14/15
« Reply #40 on: August 5, 2014, 10:26:56 pm »
Does anyone know how if match dates are confirmed immediately after the draw or does that happen a certain time after? Cheers.
Normally within a couple of hours.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: August 5, 2014, 10:26:58 pm »
Does anyone know how if match dates are confirmed immediately after the draw or does that happen a certain time after? Cheers.

It's usually 2 or 3 hours after the draw.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #42 on: August 5, 2014, 10:46:21 pm »
Do we know when the dates of the away games will be considering we know which pot we are in? Isnt there a particular structure (ie.pot A team will play at home week 1 against pot D team) or something similar?
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 5, 2014, 11:57:07 pm »
Do we know when the dates of the away games will be considering we know which pot we are in? Isnt there a particular structure (ie.pot A team will play at home week 1 against pot D team) or something similar?
No. The teams in each group are randomly allocated a number (NOT POT NUMBER AND NOTHING TO DO WITH POT NUMBER). Then the computer picks the matchdays. The only routine pattern is that you play matchday 1 and 5, 2 and 6, and 3 and 4 against the same opponent.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #44 on: August 6, 2014, 12:15:56 am »
Are Bilbao in Pot 4?

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 6, 2014, 12:37:50 am »

Doug, In the past I think the representatives of the clubs have sat down and sorted out  the dates out as soon as the draw has been made.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 6, 2014, 12:52:42 am »
Are Bilbao in Pot 4?
They will be if they get through. If Zenit get through tomorrow then Bilbao will be unseeded in the play off round. Hopefully put Arsenal or Napoli out if so.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #47 on: August 6, 2014, 01:01:00 am »
Usually happens that same afternoon mate.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline Master ScouseKnee

• Kopite
  • Oh, the sun is on the Harbour
« Reply #48 on: August 7, 2014, 10:26:57 am »
Gutted that Limassol are out :(

C'mon APOEL
Bored of manufactured consent

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
« Reply #49 on: August 7, 2014, 12:46:50 pm »
Gutted Sparta Prague are out!  :-[

And them Russian c*nts Zenit got through  :no
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #50 on: August 7, 2014, 05:21:46 pm »
Gutted Sparta Prague are out!  :-[

And them Russian c*nts Zenit got through  :no

no one interested got through, Apoel really seems the only nice choice.. hopefully Zenit will lose though, fucking hate them

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #51 on: August 7, 2014, 06:53:44 pm »
Was hoping Sparta Prague and/or Dinamo Zagreb would get through. :(
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 7, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »
Gutted that Limassol are out :(

C'mon APOEL
Went to Apollon Limassol in 92 no day trips to Cyprus then so had to spend a week in Ayia Napa  8)

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: August 8, 2014, 10:11:28 am »
Celtic are re-admitted to the Champions League after Legia Warsaw are thrown out of the competition for fielding an ineligible player. Brought on a suspended player in the last 2 minutes haha ;D

Would love to go up to Glasgow for a few days, Can't see them getting through the next round though
« Last Edit: August 8, 2014, 10:13:16 am by Aggers-Elbow »
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #54 on: August 9, 2014, 12:00:51 am »
Was hoping.......Dinamo Zagreb would get through. :(
Same here. Don't think we've ever played a Croatian team.

Offline RedRedTom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 9, 2014, 01:02:11 am »
Celtic are re-admitted to the Champions League after Legia Warsaw are thrown out of the competition for fielding an ineligible player. Brought on a suspended player in the last 2 minutes haha ;D

Would love to go up to Glasgow for a few days, Can't see them getting through the next round though

Nah fuck that mate, we've waited five years to be back in this competition, the last thing we want is a 'half euro away'.  Pot one - lets have Dortmund and see the yellow wall for ourselves, then PSG from Pot 2 as we don't want Juventus or to go into a warzone in Russia, and somewhere mad from pot four, but definitely not scotland!!!

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 9, 2014, 08:02:34 am »
Nah fuck that mate, we've waited five years to be back in this competition, the last thing we want is a 'half euro away'.  Pot one - lets have Dortmund and see the yellow wall for ourselves, then PSG from Pot 2 as we don't want Juventus or to go into a warzone in Russia, and somewhere mad from pot four, but definitely not scotland!!!
If Porto and Arsenal qualify they will both be in pot one. In that case, we can get Barca, Real, Atletico, Porto, Benfica or Bayern from pot one. Dortmund would be in pot 2. I'll do Juventus or Roma although would rather not. Zenit is an absolute no go. And Donetsk will have their games moved, no way will they play in Donetsk. Maybe Kiev

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 9, 2014, 03:19:08 pm »
If Porto and Arsenal qualify they will both be in pot one. In that case, we can get Barca, Real, Atletico, Porto, Benfica or Bayern from pot one. Dortmund would be in pot 2. I'll do Juventus or Roma although would rather not. Zenit is an absolute no go. And Donetsk will have their games moved, no way will they play in Donetsk. Maybe Kiev

Rome would be more human I guess than Turin, if we get Zenit I must go, cause its only a 6 hour bus ride to there, so no excuses of not going, but wouldnt like to get them though..

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #58 on: August 9, 2014, 11:37:16 pm »
Rome would be more human I guess than Turin

I doubt it mate

Offline RedRedTom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2014, 12:24:24 am »
Rome would be more human I guess than Turin, if we get Zenit I must go, cause its only a 6 hour bus ride to there, so no excuses of not going, but wouldnt like to get them though..
They are utterly vile mate.  Fortunately for me after last time I have technically forfeited a Russian visa so I can't go back even if I wanted to.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2014, 09:20:41 am »
They are utterly vile mate.  Fortunately for me after last time I have technically forfeited a Russian visa so I can't go back even if I wanted to.

more than meets the eye, no wonder you don't want to be drawing them hahaha that gold passport you picked up was class though ;D
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline RedRedTom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2014, 12:29:56 am »
Lovely, isn't it.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2014, 12:10:25 pm »
Rome would be more human I guess than Turin,

Just dug this out of my euro away photo album.  Outside the Stadio Delle Alpi in 2005.

It was as ugly outside the ground as it was inside, although no bottles of piss and offensive Hillsborough banners outside which was nice.

New stadium or not, Fuck Turin. If we draw them then its a day-trip to Milan for me and a quick in and out match day.

Don't want Rome either like.

To be honest after watching the TV program Gommorah about the criminal underworld in Naples, I don't want a draw against Napoli anytime soon in case i get pissed and end up in the wrong part of town :)

only wish Udinese was an option again as I could have kicked back in Venice for a few days  8)

Offline tylerjnorton

• Kopite
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2014, 03:51:22 pm »
Could someone explain to an American reds fan who has never been to Euro-away games what happened in Italy to make everyone hate it? Much appreciated.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2014, 04:11:57 pm »
Could someone explain to an American reds fan who has never been to Euro-away games what happened in Italy to make everyone hate it? Much appreciated.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/heysel

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2014, 07:25:39 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/heysel

thats not the full story. Euro aways in italy were a nightmare long before heysel.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2014, 09:27:54 pm »
thats not the full story. Euro aways in italy were a nightmare long before heysel.

I get that, but a starting point for someone who has no idea

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2014, 02:35:21 am »
I get that, but a starting point for someone who has no idea

Rome 84. Cup final. Is a good start. Brutal treatment of our fans there.
In recent years Rome, Naples & Turin. Have all been uncomfortable.
Milan not - the away against Inter was great, their fans, the city folk and the cops were great.
In my opinion there is a deep animosity in Rome. What's the reason for that? I'm not sure. Maybe 84. Maybe 77 has got something to do with it?  I've asked a few match going Roma fans, they hate us but none was quite sure they knew why. (These were lads in their 30s when I spoke to them over a few beers about 10 years ago)
Look up the threads on here when we played those teams in Italy.
Another theory is that when we were in our prime we were often the only club side from England to play year in - year out in Europe. I think some in Italy and elsewhere came to associate liverpool with England. Co incidentally England's fans at the time were fucking awful. A right bunch of rioting dickheads. The paradox of course is that our fans were not part of that england supporting crew but got tarred with the same brush.
Just my 2 pennies worth. You Could ask Rhyl red or Beninar Col on here. They Went to all of those games.

Also I think Any English team that goes to Rome or Naples can expect a similar reception
West ham had a bad experience in Sicily.
So Yea fuck that, most liverpool fans would rather swerve Italy.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:47:04 am by kavah »

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2014, 06:58:14 am »
Rome 84. Cup final. Is a good start. Brutal treatment of our fans there.
In recent years Rome, Naples & Turin. Have all been uncomfortable.
Milan not - the away against Inter was great, their fans, the city folk and the cops were great.
In my opinion there is a deep animosity in Rome. What's the reason for that? I'm not sure. Maybe 84. Maybe 77 has got something to do with it?  I've asked a few match going Roma fans, they hate us but none was quite sure they knew why. (These were lads in their 30s when I spoke to them over a few beers about 10 years ago)
Look up the threads on here when we played those teams in Italy.
Another theory is that when we were in our prime we were often the only club side from England to play year in - year out in Europe. I think some in Italy and elsewhere came to associate liverpool with England. Co incidentally England's fans at the time were fucking awful. A right bunch of rioting dickheads. The paradox of course is that our fans were not part of that england supporting crew but got tarred with the same brush.
Just my 2 pennies worth. You Could ask Rhyl red or Beninar Col on here. They Went to all of those games.

Also I think Any English team that goes to Rome or Naples can expect a similar reception
West ham had a bad experience in Sicily.
So Yea fuck that, most liverpool fans would rather swerve Italy.

I'm not sure it's just us and Roma, didn't United fams have a rough time a few seasons ago, fighting in the stadium weren't they, or have I got that wrong? Also spurs fans had a bad one a not so long ago in Rome but with the Lazio fans.

Good shout about Inter though, also would mention Fiorentina and Udinese, both good Italian aways. 
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline RedRedTom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2014, 11:10:06 am »
I love Italy as a country, and Rome as a city.  I find it staggering that so much violence can happen towards visiting football fans in Rome though given that it is probably the most tourism centred city in all of Europe, the police must want to protect the reputation, and surely the locals are familiar with people from literally fucking everywhere being in their city, but none the less, it's as much of a gauntlet for visiting teams as it ever was.  Napoli fans have the reputation of being vile and horrible and so it proved when we went there, Turin will always be a moody away for us, nothing will ever change that.  No problem with Milan, Udine, or Florence though they were all brilliant.

I think it's just a couple of whackjob sets of fans in Naples and Rome, and the obvious ill-feeling from Juventus which influence the feeling of Italian aways being shite and scary.

Unfortunately this season, Napoli, Juventus and Roma have all qualified.

I'm hoping for a trip to Spain. :-)

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2014, 01:46:59 pm »
I love Italy as a country, and Rome as a city.  I find it staggering that so much violence can happen towards visiting football fans in Rome though given that it is probably the most tourism centred city in all of Europe, the police must want to protect the reputation, and surely the locals are familiar with people from literally fucking everywhere being in their city, but none the less, it's as much of a gauntlet for visiting teams as it ever was.  Napoli fans have the reputation of being vile and horrible and so it proved when we went there, Turin will always be a moody away for us, nothing will ever change that.  No problem with Milan, Udine, or Florence though they were all brilliant.

I think it's just a couple of whackjob sets of fans in Naples and Rome, and the obvious ill-feeling from Juventus which influence the feeling of Italian aways being shite and scary.

Unfortunately this season, Napoli, Juventus and Roma have all qualified.

I'm hoping for a trip to Spain. :-)
Napoli have a very tough play off round against Bilbao so may not make the group stage. If they do, they are in the same pot as us so we can't get them. Juventus in pot 2 and Roma in pot 4 are both possibilities. I hope Bilbao get through as it's a good place to visit and their fans are partisan but in a non threatening way.

Offline Redman92

• Main Stander
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2014, 04:55:00 pm »
Have a few mates who are Middlesbrough fans and back in 2005 when they were in the once UEFA cup drew Rome.

They got chased down backstreets and into a popular bar for away fans (irish bar i think), and somehow the police presence decreased to which the rome ultra presence became apparent and smashed the bar up along with a lot of unfortunate boro fans. A couple of lads got stabbed with one being stabbed in the arse twice.

They also said there were lads flying around on mopeds throwing oranges with razor blades sticking out at them as well, and lets not forget the police brutality inside and outside the ground.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2014, 05:06:13 pm »
http://youtu.be/eopT6FH4sYU that's what happened with united in Rome

Remember seeing it before, thats pretty brutal and it all kicked off cause of Roma fans, who were only guarded by couple of stewards, then united fans respond and the army police gets called... not fair play really

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2014, 06:23:19 pm »
So....Roma, Juventus & Napoli are no gos.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2014, 07:21:10 pm »
Not necessarily a 'no go' just keep yer feckin wits about ya. Not as pleasant and chilled out as other places but just the luck of the draw as it is for the team we support. I'm sure the team would prefer to get drawn against a nice easy team from Cyprus or Greece but if it's those nasty lads from Rome (or Naples Gaz!) then so be it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:22:52 pm by ACLE »
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2014, 10:00:14 pm »
Most trips are pretty chilled as Andy ( ACLE ) says but you certainly need your senses primed when playing some of the Italian sides. However when the ale comes into the equation you tend to drop your guard. That's when the nasty bastards pick you off. Hopefully if we draw one of them we'll travel in numbers.

Looking forward to the Euro aways big time.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2014, 01:20:23 pm »
Most trips are pretty chilled as Andy ( ACLE ) says but you certainly need your senses primed when playing some of the Italian sides. However when the ale comes into the equation you tend to drop your guard. That's when the nasty bastards pick you off. Hopefully if we draw one of them we'll travel in numbers.

Looking forward to the Euro aways big time.

Cheers mate. Yeah to be fair we had no issues at Udine but we just followed the crowds and made sure we didn't isolate ourselves.

Im really looking forward to going the euro aways...especially after the atmosphere at Anfield yesterday!

Offline tylerjnorton

• Kopite
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2014, 01:20:35 pm »
Wow, I thought this was stuff of the past honestly. Thanks lads.

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2014, 05:58:49 pm »
Not long now Matchball and Doug and yes safety in numbers is the best plan and most fun.
Looking forward to finally meeting up with rhylred and GeeF Jay, but not really sure why? And the rest of RAWK. Anyone got any spares?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:08:43 pm by ACLE »
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2014, 11:05:16 pm »
All a bit new to the euro aways but going to make the most of it this year after a taste of it in Udine a couple of years ago.

If anyone fancies a beer, let me know as there will only be 2 of us travelling. Would be good to meet the regs and the RAWK lads