Author Topic: Pardew  (Read 52247 times)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Re: Pardew
« Reply #520 on: December 23, 2016, 02:19:17 pm »
Whereas Neville got that spot on, he skipped the first season altogether and only had to work 28 games before getting his payout.
He is obviously Kwalitee, as he feels free to criticise the cheerleading superficiality of that lucky charlatan, Jurgen Klopp, when so few see through him. I bet you in a years time one of them will be on the telly and the other will be managing a football team. You can quote me on that.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: December 23, 2016, 05:49:18 pm »
This wouldn't be a bad shout if they hadn't already appointed someone else of comparable incompetence.

Well the last England manager only lasted one game, so you never know...  ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: December 23, 2016, 06:56:25 pm »
It's the typical short-sightedness of it all that gets me mate. Last season, all the pundits were telling Eddie Howe he should abandon his way of playing football in order to get the points needed for survival. He didn't. He continued to believe in what he was doing and was duly rewarded. Premier league survival seems to be the be-all-and-end-all for clubs like Palace. No matter what it takes. This bit from Parish says it all:

Parish told the BBC. “We hope a change will change things. We all bought into the decision to play a more expansive style of football. We all believed in it. That hasn’t worked. It’s no one’s fault. The players have been running their socks off for Alan, the spirit is good. But now we’re going to wind the dial back the other way.

So more agricultural football on the way. Jesus wept.

There's so much money at stake now and massive running costs for established Premier League teams to take a gamble on an up and coming manager. If Palace stay up, they'll get something like £104 million in prize money or more, its about £98 million if they get relegated. The parachute payments for relegated teams are in the region of £33 million a season for up to 3 years if the club fails to win promotion. That's a difference of over £200 million compared to finishing 4th bottom each season, a single season out of the PL costs at least £70 million.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #523 on: December 23, 2016, 07:12:15 pm »
There's so much money at stake now and massive running costs for established Premier League teams to take a gamble on an up and coming manager. If Palace stay up, they'll get something like £104 million in prize money or more, its about £98 million if they get relegated. The parachute payments for relegated teams are in the region of £33 million a season for up to 3 years if the club fails to win promotion. That's a difference of over £200 million compared to finishing 4th bottom each season, a single season out of the PL costs at least £70 million.
That always puzzled me why does a team get a extra payment for getting relegated.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #524 on: December 23, 2016, 07:19:14 pm »

Pardieu
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: December 23, 2016, 07:25:53 pm »
That always puzzled me why does a team get a extra payment for getting relegated.

Financial cushion due to the difference in money between the PL and the Championship. Its unfair on the clubs in the Championship as it should give the relegated clubs an advantage. This seems to be borne out by it seemingly being the same clubs getting relegated and promoted over the years.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
« Reply #526 on: December 23, 2016, 07:30:35 pm »
Financial cushion due to the difference in money between the PL and the Championship. Its unfair on the clubs in the Championship as it should give the relegated clubs an advantage. This seems to be borne out by it seemingly being the same clubs getting relegated and promoted over the years.
Could go on a rant about it but it basically just rewarding failure

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: December 23, 2016, 09:33:23 pm »
No doubt the gyrating shithouse will amble into another highly paid job, despite his obvious lack of any real managerial acumen

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: December 23, 2016, 11:24:24 pm »
£5 million quid for Alan happy christmas

He's cost them a fortune considering that £5m needs to be added to the £3.5m they paid Newcastle to buy out his contract.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: December 23, 2016, 11:49:04 pm »
This seems to be borne out by it seemingly being the same clubs getting relegated and promoted over the years.
not really

05/06 - Sunderland and Birmingham back at first time, West Brom back a year later
06/07 - charlton and Sheffield united not back and now in league 1, Watford back after 8 seasons with new owners
07/08 - Derby not back, Birmingham promoted the following season and reading 4 seasons later
08/09 - Newcastle and West Brom back immediately, Middlesbrough back after 7 seasons
09/10 - hull back after 3 seasons, Burnley after 4, Portsmouth never returned in league 2 for a while
10/11 - West Ham back the following season, Birmingham not back, Blackpool in league 2
11/12 - Blackburn not back, wolves not back and went to league 1 and Bolton now in league 1
12/13 - qpr promoted the following season, Reading not back, Wigan dropped to league 1
13/14 - Fulham and Cardiff not back, Norwich promoted the following year
14/15 - hull and Burnley back at the first attempt, qpr not back

in the last 6 seasons (where they have had a chance to come back up):

- Blackpool and Portsmouth now in league 2
- Wigan, Bolton and wolves have spent time in league 1
- 5 out of 18 have come back at the first attempt
- 7 of the 18 returned at some point (Burnley and hull twice, Norwich, qpr, West Ham)
- 6 out of the 18 have been stuck in the championship

Odds are less than 1/3 to come back up immediately and just over 1/3 to come back up eventually, stretch that out over the last decade it's 1/3 that come up at the first time of asking (interesting only 1 has come up the second season after, probably as that's when the big cost cutting happens for the majority as they become championship clubs). 7/30 teams had a further relegation, some of these are probably down to poor management (Pompey, wolves, Wigan, charlton spring to mind here getting relegated again within 2 years of leaving the prem)

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: December 24, 2016, 12:20:23 pm »
It's the typical short-sightedness of it all that gets me mate. Last season, all the pundits were telling Eddie Howe he should abandon his way of playing football in order to get the points needed for survival. He didn't. He continued to believe in what he was doing and was duly rewarded. Premier league survival seems to be the be-all-and-end-all for clubs like Palace. No matter what it takes. This bit from Parish says it all:

Parish told the BBC. “We hope a change will change things. We all bought into the decision to play a more expansive style of football. We all believed in it. That hasn’t worked. It’s no one’s fault. The players have been running their socks off for Alan, the spirit is good. But now we’re going to wind the dial back the other way.

So more agricultural football on the way. Jesus wept.

It was dreadful advice, no question. Howe's side had been moulded and trained to a certain way, it could be tweaked but trying to turn them into a Pulis side (for example) would have failed utterly given the players they had and the amount of time it would have taken to adapt, to sign new players.

Do Palace need to go "back to basics" in medium term? Probably not, the right coaching and January buisness to help fix a few things, I think they could play good stuff. In short term, yes to help plug the defensive gaps and get results, get confidence up. At the moment I'm not sure the board or the players believe they can play Howe football though.

No doubt the gyrating shithouse will amble into another highly paid job, despite his obvious lack of any real managerial acumen

Of course he will, he is no John Carver. For a club in Palace position, Pardew isn't a top top choice becuase he does bring embarrassment to the club and there are other managers who won't be so patchy but alas the type of managers those kind of clubs will want aren't always available.  With Pardew, you get ego, erratic form and at some point in the future you will have to replace him but for a few years you will get midtable, a good squad built up and a possible Fa Cup final. For a lot of clubs, that few years security, a rare cup run and leaving a good squad behind will be worth the trouble.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #531 on: March 29, 2017, 02:46:27 pm »
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/my-win-percentage-was-healthy-i-was-let-down-by-transfer-dealings-32wwgp9b0

Someone needs to post this full Alan Partridge dew interview article, sound hilarious.

"As he drove to meet Steve Parish in the chairman’s offices in Soho just a few days before Christmas, Alan Pardew did not think he was about to be fired as manager of Crystal Palace. His mind was ticking over with plans, targets, thoughts of staging a recovery.

“I was thinking about training for the next day, changing the team, who do I buy in January,” he says. “When I went to see Steve I thought I was going to talk transfers. Did I think there was a chance it was ending? I’m not daft. It was maybe a 35 per cent chance in my mind."
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: March 29, 2017, 02:49:41 pm »
cock piss Pardew.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: November 29, 2017, 10:58:34 am »
cock piss Pardew has been appointed as west brom manager
bollocks

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: November 29, 2017, 11:00:00 am »
Dancing gif please
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: November 29, 2017, 11:00:31 am »
its quite extraordinary,,,look in the search function for pardew(topics only)..sacked,sacked,sacked,sacked etc..........
bollocks

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: November 29, 2017, 11:01:14 am »
John Carver appointed as his assistant. :lmao

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: November 29, 2017, 11:02:29 am »
its quite extraordinary,,,look in the search function for pardew(topics only)..sacked,sacked,sacked,sacked etc..........

Easy fucking money.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: November 29, 2017, 11:04:24 am »
Recycled manager. These failed managers are the ones blocking budding British managers. Not the foreign manager that they pin the blame on
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #539 on: November 29, 2017, 11:05:08 am »

Paddy Power‏Verified account @paddypower

The smell of Brut wafts through the streets of West Bromwich. A sense of undue smugness follows. It is Pardew. He hath come.

10:52 AM - 29 Nov 2017

:lmao

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: November 29, 2017, 11:27:21 am »
Paddy Power‏Verified account @paddypower

The smell of Brut wafts through the streets of West Bromwich. A sense of undue smugness follows. It is Pardew. He hath come.

10:52 AM - 29 Nov 2017

:lmao

I'd laugh but fuck paddy power. Those c*nts paid Nigel Frottage to make a 'hilarious' Ryder Cup promo ad for them for example. They have no morals or professional ethics.
Fucking S*n reader level 'banter' dickheads.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:32:33 am by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: November 29, 2017, 11:29:45 am »

It's remarkable it really is.  If any of us were sacked that often for poor performance, we certainly wouldn't be walking in to another role on a several million pound contract to do the exact same thing.  Sad testament to the lack of vision from club owners and the desperation that the Premier League money will disappear.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: November 29, 2017, 11:33:32 am »
I'd laugh but fuck paddy power. Those c*nts paid Nigel Frottage to make a 'hilarious' Ryder Cup promo ad for them for example. They have no morals or professional ethics.
They're a betting company...  ;D

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: November 29, 2017, 11:41:31 am »

That makes them even bigger c*nts.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: November 29, 2017, 11:47:52 am »
John Carver appointed as his assistant. :lmao
They should employ Denis Wise as Director of Football as well then they really would be fab.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: November 29, 2017, 11:48:59 am »

Erm, yes?

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: November 29, 2017, 12:23:55 pm »
british managers never get a chance
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #547 on: November 29, 2017, 12:27:00 pm »

Yeah of course, but infinitely funnier marketing than our own Club's gambling/betting Sponsor  ;)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #548 on: November 29, 2017, 12:52:57 pm »
My natural prejudice tells me Tiny Penis was a better manager than Pards has shown himself to be. But then when you look at how it all went wrong at the baggies, he somehow failed to integrate most of his signings. Not even sure how that comes about, unless he had very little shout on their coming in. Of the three Brum teams they are the least offensive, but pards is still a twat. He may well make Birmingham like Bristol, a major city without Premier league presence. Amazing for a place that is probably the only English city outside London with a seven figure population.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:02:38 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #549 on: November 29, 2017, 12:53:35 pm »
How on Earth does he keep getting Premier League jobs? (also see David Moyes, Sam Allardyce..................)

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #550 on: November 29, 2017, 12:59:04 pm »
F Hell. I can see Swansea and WHU surviving and this witless bunch going down with Crystal Palace and Everton. Oh the joy!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #551 on: November 29, 2017, 01:06:40 pm »

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: November 29, 2017, 01:14:09 pm »
How on Earth does he keep getting Premier League jobs? (also see David Moyes, Sam Allardyce..................)

....Hodgson, pulis etc.  Honestly don't get it. They whinge about English managers not getting a chance at the top level but these donkeys are the biggest reason why. Shit rag arse tactics and negative football.  Everytime I see one of them get employed I want the club relegated. Only problem is they get sacked on a multi million payout and manage to find another fucking job. Ill be made up when more managers like eddie howe come up through the leagues and these lot fuck off for good. Unless its to everton

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: November 29, 2017, 02:43:37 pm »
Mediocre English club appoint mediocre English manager because the sum of their ambition is to stay in the Premier league. Only Megson and Pullis find themselves out of work now, I expect their friends in the media to start bigging up their credientials for any soon to be open Premier League job very soon.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: November 29, 2017, 02:52:44 pm »
It's amazing that of the 5 premier league vacancies this season. Hodgson, Moyes, Pardew and Fat Sam have filled 4 of them. What's the betting that if Swansea or Bournemouth or someone else find themselves in trouble, they'll be on the phone to Pulis.
To think that at the start of the season all those 4 were in various stages of rest / retirement / punditry and now they'll be clogging up our screens with their egos, excuses, dourness and shit football.
Smacks of directors wanting to cover their arses and keep the TV money rolling in at any cost.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #555 on: November 29, 2017, 03:16:21 pm »
Pardew, Moyes, Allardyce and Hodgson....really do find it genuinely bewildering that the incompetence of this quartet of kunts is repeatedly rewarded with huge contracts and untold millions....you can also guarantee that Pulis will also cop for a hugely lucrative top-tier gig by the end of the season....and if and when Steve Bruce finds himself out of work again, he too will take a 6 month sabbatical in Dubai before returning to a clutch of Premier League halfwit owners clamouring for his signature.........Exhibit A as to why football at its highest level is as dumb as fuck.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: November 29, 2017, 03:18:22 pm »
I agree, Paddy Power can fuck off

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: November 29, 2017, 03:22:00 pm »
Pardew, Moyes, Allardyce and Hodgson....really do find it genuinely bewildering that the incompetence of this quartet of kunts is repeatedly rewarded with huge contracts and untold millions....you can also guarantee that Pulis will also cop for a hugely lucrative top-tier gig by the end of the season....and if and when Steve Bruce finds himself out of work again, he too will take a 6 month sabbatical in Dubai before returning to a clutch of Premier League halfwit owners clamouring for his signature.........Exhibit A as to why football at its highest level is as dumb as fuck.

While Black coaches struggle to even get in the door for an interview.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: November 29, 2017, 03:24:39 pm »
Have there ever been any really successful black coaches throughout the league system?, asking genuinely btw without racial connotation, I'd thought John Barnes would have been a good manager, alas I was wrong about that.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #559 on: November 29, 2017, 03:36:03 pm »
While Black coaches struggle to even get in the door for an interview.

Completely irrelevant and nothing to do with this.