Author Topic: Banshee - Sky Atlantic - Mondays .  (Read 19805 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Banshee - Sky Atlantic - Mondays .
« Reply #160 on: January 6, 2017, 10:52:47 am »
She is a stunner. I especially appreciate the fact that she isn't shy  :P And that Native American one (Nola?) is just eye-melting as well.

Im hoping Nola comes back for season 3.

Let us know when you've watched the fight in/through the car - you'll know what I mean when you see it  ;)
Enjoy pal  :thumbup

Is the fight you refer to in season 2 where Hood fights the English Assassin Quentin who was sent to bring back his 'Son'.?  Lets just say Quent ends up losing his head.  That fight on the highway was fucking brilliant and the Assassin was a brilliant character.

I could have sworn it was Jason Statham making a guest appearance until I saw the credits.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #161 on: January 7, 2017, 04:36:47 am »
Im hoping Nola comes back for season 3.

Is the fight you refer to in season 2 where Hood fights the English Assassin Quentin who was sent to bring back his 'Son'.?  Lets just say Quent ends up losing his head.  That fight on the highway was fucking brilliant and the Assassin was a brilliant character.

I could have sworn it was Jason Statham making a guest appearance until I saw the credits.

Nola comes back for Season 3 and is involved in the fight I was referring to  ;) I don't think that will spoil anything. You will know it when you see it, because your jaw will be on the floor  ;D
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2017, 12:52:46 am »
finally finished this last night.

weirdly enough, i started watching after finishing 'six feet under', because of alan ball's involvement... and yet there could not conceivably be a less alan ball show than banshee :)...

from any sort of narrative or character perspective, it's absolute, unrelenting shite from start to finish... i'm not surprised HBO shunted it off to cinemax, as it would have stuck out like a sore thumb amongst HBO's quality dramas.

but... it's so much fun.  which is weird, as fight scenes send me to sleep usually, but when they're shot and choreographed as well as this, you can't help but be drawn in.  the look of the thing was the real standout, for me though. i wish i'd watched in 1080p.

job's obscene wisecracks were fun, and it is undeniably sexy in a way few shows manage.

can't see myself ever watching it again (well, apart from... certain scenes), but for leave-your-brain-at-the-door entertainment, it knocks the spots off the likes of TWD (sorry, timbo :D)
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 7, 2017, 09:15:37 am »
Nola comes back for Season 3 and is involved in the fight I was referring to  ;) I don't think that will spoil anything. You will know it when you see it, because your jaw will be on the floor  ;D

Watched it last night RM. Holy shit that was a good fight sequence alright. I don't know if you meant it as a pun but my jaw did hit the floor too :)

Still think the fight with Quentin in Season 2 was the best but Burton V Nola comes a close second.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: March 7, 2017, 07:00:50 pm »
Just Two episodes left of season 3.

The early and mid-season episodes really weren't a patch on the previous two seasons and I was rapidly losing interest, but these last few episodes of season 3 have been bloody great and I cant wait for the inevitable showdown between our group of heroes and Colonel Stowe in the last few episodes.

job's obscene wisecracks were fun, and it is undeniably sexy in a way few shows manage.

Job is a such a brilliant character and is a master at delivering the expletive. :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2017, 03:35:04 pm »
Finished Season 3 last week and on the whole enjoyed it but not as much as the first 2 seasons.

Spoiler
So glad Carries DA/Mayor husband got gibbed off at the end of season 3.  I appreciate you have to take Banshee with a pinch of salt but Hopewell went from a timid office man in a suit to a gun toting sniper elite by the end.  Really hated the character and so glad he's gone for season 4.

The cast details list him as 'Gulf war veteran' and 'retired Marine'.  Sure they just chucked those details in as an afterthought when he suddenly began behaving like Arnie and Rambo all in one

The annoying daughter is equally as tiresome.

Hood, Brock, Job, Sugar, Proctor, Burton, the big mean Indian tribe leader and the rest of the cast were still great though :)

And Lil Simmons is as enchanting as ever. Oh my god :lickin

[close]

So whats season 4 like guys?  Might as well finish my Banshee ride.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2017, 03:43:29 pm »
So whats season 4 like guys?  Might as well finish my Banshee ride.

The shortest and the worst by a distance. It went out with a whimper I felt but then again watching them closer together will help as by the time the final season came out, I'd kinda forgotten all about Banshee.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2017, 09:43:01 am »
Finally started Banshee season 4 last night and i wasn't too disappointed to be honest.

The show actually feels a little more accomplished than previous seasons which could turn out to be a bad thing or a good thing.

It definitely seemed a little more serious than its predecessors but still had a nice bit of the usual Banshee shit kicking action.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2017, 09:52:02 am »
Well my Banshee journey is finally over. Watched the last few episodes of Season 4 last night.

Rollicking good fun all the way and I will miss it.

Some amazing fight scenes and set pieces along the way.  Burton v Nola undoubtedly being the best fight sequence but my favourite set piece and finishing move was the fight between Hood and the hitman Quentin

A little list just for my own amusement :)

Favourite regular character: Job
Favourite non Regular: Quentin the Hitman
Favourite eye candy: Lil Simmons as Rebecca Bowman ( I really cannot see her ever being bettered in any TV show, simply amazing!!)
Favourite scene: The one below, the fight between Hood and Quentin

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1RyDBe3jb4Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1RyDBe3jb4Q</a>

Offline slamjam

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2017, 01:10:22 pm »

Well my Banshee journey is finally over. Watched the last few episodes of Season 4 last night.

Rollicking good fun all the way and I will miss it.

Some amazing fight scenes and set pieces along the way.  Burton v Nola undoubtedly being the best fight sequence but my favourite set piece and finishing move was the fight between Hood and the hitman Quentin

A little list just for my own amusement :)

Favourite regular character: Job
Favourite non Regular: Quentin the Hitman
Favourite eye candy: Lil Simmons as Rebecca Bowman ( I really cannot see her ever being bettered in any TV show, simply amazing!!)
Favourite scene: The one below, the fight between Hood and Quentin

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1RyDBe3jb4Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1RyDBe3jb4Q</a>

I'd agree with you but change regular character to kai proctor.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2019, 12:39:42 am »
Just finished Warrior from the Banshee lot, Job (Hoon Lee) is in it too. It’s from the Bruce Lee writings about the Chinese immigrants in San Fran.

Like Banshee there’s some great violence and sex. What more could you want? I think it starts on Sky next week. 

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2019, 11:18:27 am »
Just finished Warrior from the Banshee lot, Job (Hoon Lee) is in it too. It’s from the Bruce Lee writings about the Chinese immigrants in San Fran.

Like Banshee there’s some great violence and sex. What more could you want? I think it starts on Sky next week. 

Oh brilliant, cheers for the heads-up. Would have missed that.
Aspinwall called it The Knick meets Banshee, except with more hatchets and then I knew that Inception is real.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2019, 11:29:23 am »
I got excited when I saw this thread I thought they were making another season  :(

Warrior is ok, Much preferred Banshee but it’s worth a watch.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2019, 12:33:17 pm »
I got excited when I saw this thread I thought they were making another season  :(

Haha. Me too

Banshee was great fun

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2019, 05:02:24 am »
For anyone that likes Antony Starr, Amazon released The boys on friday, in which he’s one of the stars. It’s a subversive superhero take, loosely based on the DC Justice League. Starr is the Superman. Rather being the anti hero he was in Banshee, he’s the hero who’s actually a massive c*nt.

It’s well worth a watch.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: July 29, 2019, 05:36:17 am »
For anyone that likes Antony Starr, Amazon released The boys on friday, in which he’s one of the stars. It’s a subversive superhero take, loosely based on the DC Justice League. Starr is the Superman. Rather being the anti hero he was in Banshee, he’s the hero who’s actually a massive c*nt.

It’s well worth a watch.

Yeah and he's fucking great in it.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2019, 10:37:16 am »

It’s well worth a watch.

It took me 2 episodes of thinking he looks really familiar! I had to google it  ;D