Author Topic: Cristiano Ronaldo  (Read 24308 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2017, 11:41:26 am »

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2017, 11:48:26 am »
Ronaldo is blaming Sergio Ramos!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2017, 12:26:21 pm »
Nial Quinn Aeroporto

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2017, 01:47:44 pm »
:lmao

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2017, 01:49:35 pm »
My God that is both tremendously scary and utterly hilarious at the same time.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2017, 01:55:47 pm »

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2017, 01:58:16 pm »

Offline TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2017, 02:18:54 pm »
 ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2017, 02:25:27 pm »
Poor statue effort aside, what an honor it must be to have his hometown airport named after him

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2017, 02:26:14 pm »
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2017, 03:33:56 pm »

Is this the bust at Liverpool Ross Barkley Airport (Above us only Reds)?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2017, 03:35:55 pm »
Is this the bust at Liverpool Ross Barkley Airport (Above us only Reds)?

;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2017, 04:02:18 pm »
Love his new statue.  ;D

Looks like Gary Neville to me

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2017, 05:34:36 pm »
;D

Looks like Ryan Reynolds on that.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2017, 08:05:12 pm »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Klippity Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2017, 08:14:34 pm »

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2017, 08:28:18 pm »
Don't see what the fuss is all about really

Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #137 on: April 2, 2017, 05:53:05 pm »

Just snat on my shirt from laughing at that :lmao
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 4, 2017, 09:36:25 am »
600 career goals

Champions league top scorer 5 seasons in a role.

40+ goals in 7 consecutive seasons

With Zdane using him properly and not allowing him to stat pad he probably has another 3 years at the top

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 4, 2017, 10:29:41 am »
Great goalscorer who steps up in the big games.

Still nowhere near as good as Messi though.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 4, 2017, 10:40:54 am »
Unbelievable player. His desire to be the best is admirable. His stats speak for themselves and he has showed that he can perform in big games and tournaments. Seems like a decent bloke off the pitch as well.
His success is well deserved and he is someone that young people can look up to.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 4, 2017, 11:07:43 am »
Overrated

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #142 on: June 4, 2017, 11:12:39 am »
Beast.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 4, 2017, 11:25:31 am »
Great goalscorer who steps up in the big games.

Still nowhere near as good as Messi though.
nah, better than Messi, the last 5 years he's put the argument to bed

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 4, 2017, 11:31:09 am »

Doesn't the fact the people still don't agree mean the argument is still alive and kicking?

Ronaldos stats are stunning. Can't argue with them. But as a footballer, he's not as good as Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and a few more. He's a sensational goal scorer though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 4, 2017, 11:43:31 am »

He isn't even close to Messi.

Edit; Genuinely, how on earth has he 'put the argument to bed'? The absolute best he has done is maybe keeping a slight discussion going and stopped Messi putting it to bed.

Even then, anyone who actually watches them play rather than just looking at the goal stats would say without any doubt that Messi is obviously better. Even then, Messi and Ronaldo would be 3-3 for who's scored the most goals over the last 6 years. So literally the only argument Ronaldo has, Messi has still matched him.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2017, 11:49:55 am by JD. »

Offline JD.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: June 4, 2017, 11:44:14 am »
Doesn't the fact the people still don't agree mean the argument is still alive and kicking?

Ronaldos stats are stunning. Can't argue with them. But as a footballer, he's not as good as Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and a few more. He's a sensational goal scorer though.

Not really. Only United fans and Madrid fans think it's even a discussion.

Messi is miles ahead of him as a footballer. He's miles ahead of everyone. And goal stats don't change that.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 4, 2017, 11:49:17 am »
Not really. Only United fans and Madrid fans think it's even a discussion.

Messi is miles ahead of him as a footballer. He's miles ahead of everyone. And goal stats don't change that.

That's as much nonsense as anything else really. Laughter is the best medicine is a Liverpool fan. There are other examples of Liverpool fans on this forum alone that think it's Ronaldo. I'm firmly in the Messi camp, but it's nonsense to say Messi is miles ahead, or that only a United or Madrid fan can think Ronaldo is better.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 4, 2017, 11:49:27 am »

Are his stats even better than Messi's if you compare Ronaldo at 30 to Messi at 30 (goal scoring, assists, trophies, ballon d'ors etc.)?

In terms of who more is pleasing on the eye as a footballer I don't even think there's a debate Messi is well ahead of Ronaldo I don't think many would disagree.

Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline JD.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 4, 2017, 11:52:38 am »
That's as much nonsense as anything else really. Laughter is the best medicine is a Liverpool fan. There are other examples of Liverpool fans on this forum alone that think it's Ronaldo. I'm firmly in the Messi camp, but it's nonsense to say Messi is miles ahead, or that only a United or Madrid fan can think Ronaldo is better.

Messi is comfortably ahead of Ronaldo. It's baffling that anyone could possibly watch them both play football and think Ronaldo is better. He is as good at scoring goals as Messi. That's it.

You watch Messi play and he takes your breathe away with the stuff he does on a football park. Ronaldo is just a goal machine. A great one. An astonishing one and one of the best goal scorers the game has or will ever see. But he isn't even close to Messi as a footballer.

edit: Just looked at the numbers. Ronaldo complete less than one take on per game and makes less than one key pass a game. His game is literally about poaching goals. That's it. He is astoundingly good at it. He is incredible big game character these days. He is brilliant. He isn't better than Messi though. Not in a single aspect of the game.

Messi scores like Ronaldo, creates like Zidane and beats players like Maradona. He's a freak.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2017, 11:57:05 am by JD. »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 4, 2017, 12:10:13 pm »
He isn't even close to Messi.

Edit; Genuinely, how on earth has he 'put the argument to bed'? The absolute best he has done is maybe keeping a slight discussion going and stopped Messi putting it to bed.

Even then, anyone who actually watches them play rather than just looking at the goal stats would say without any doubt that Messi is obviously better. Even then, Messi and Ronaldo would be 3-3 for who's scored the most goals over the last 6 years. So literally the only argument Ronaldo has, Messi has still matched him.
messi is more enjoyable to watch but when it comes to doing the business Ronaldo is ahead now, Ronaldinho was more enjoyable to watch than Messi but he wasn't better, Ronaldo is just ridiculous at what he does and that he's better than him at 32 than Messi at 30 says so much about how Ronaldo has adapted to Father Time and he doesn't look like he's going to slow down soon.

Besides, just see the CL later stages, Ronaldo played a massive part in Madrid beating juve whereas Barca couldn't score past them, Ronaldo basically knocked out Bayern and atletico in the previous rounds as well.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: June 4, 2017, 12:11:08 pm »
Messi is comfortably ahead of Ronaldo. It's baffling that anyone could possibly watch them both play football and think Ronaldo is better. He is as good at scoring goals as Messi. That's it.

You watch Messi play and he takes your breathe away with the stuff he does on a football park. Ronaldo is just a goal machine. A great one. An astonishing one and one of the best goal scorers the game has or will ever see. But he isn't even close to Messi as a footballer.

edit: Just looked at the numbers. Ronaldo complete less than one take on per game and makes less than one key pass a game. His game is literally about poaching goals. That's it. He is astoundingly good at it. He is incredible big game character these days. He is brilliant. He isn't better than Messi though. Not in a single aspect of the game.

Messi scores like Ronaldo, creates like Zidane and beats players like Maradona. He's a freak.
doing it in the big games is what makes you great, it's why nobody takes higuain seriously as one of the elite players in the world.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: June 4, 2017, 12:11:35 pm »
Last 5 years he's actually made it an arguement you mean.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: June 4, 2017, 12:12:22 pm »
Suarez is the best.
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline JD.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: June 4, 2017, 12:14:19 pm »
messi is more enjoyable to watch but when it comes to doing the business Ronaldo is ahead now, Ronaldinho was more enjoyable to watch than Messi but he wasn't better, Ronaldo is just ridiculous at what he does and that he's better than him at 32 than Messi at 30 says so much about how Ronaldo has adapted to Father Time and he doesn't look like he's going to slow down soon.

Besides, just see the CL later stages, Ronaldo played a massive part in Madrid beating juve whereas Barca couldn't score past them, Ronaldo basically knocked out Bayern and atletico in the previous rounds as well.

Messi isn't just about being enjoyable to watch. He's about the fact he scores just as much as Ronaldo whilst still creating FAR more for his team mates. He is so far ahead of him as a footballer. Ronaldo offers nothing to games other than scoring. That is nothing against him. He is amazing at scoring goals, but Messi is miles ahead.

Messi is basically an Zidane/Maradona hybrid whilst scoring a goal a game. It's ridiculous.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: June 4, 2017, 12:14:58 pm »
Last 5 years he's actually made it an arguement you mean.
2012-15 he made it an argument, 2016+ he won it

Offline JD.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: June 4, 2017, 12:16:04 pm »
doing it in the big games is what makes you great, it's why nobody takes higuain seriously as one of the elite players in the world.

Lucky Messi is a big game player then as well then. The biggest game in football is El Clasico. Which Messi has scored more goals in than anyone in history.

Offline JD.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: June 4, 2017, 12:16:51 pm »
2012-15 he made it an argument, 2016+ he won it

:lmao

How? How has he won the argument?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: June 4, 2017, 12:29:39 pm »
I think he's incredible. But come on, he's not on the same level as Messi. Nobody is.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #159 on: June 4, 2017, 12:33:50 pm »

Let's be honest about it, the only reason the argument is still alive and kicking is because he's a former Manc. If he hadn't played for them then I doubt people on these boards would be so dismissive of him. To some, he'll always be a greasy diving showboating manc twat - regardless of what he accomplishes with Madrid.

He might not have the silky skills of Messi, Ronaldinho etc etc. But the objective of the game of football is to score goals. That's ultimately the aim of the game, isn't it? We can muse and theorize about what makes a player great all day long, but at the end of the day it's all about putting the ball in the net. And no one in the history of top flight professional football has ever hit figures like Ronaldo. Only Messi can catch him now goal wise

Put it this way: if you asked me to name my dream all time 11 then I'd probably bump Ronaldo for Maradona, Cryuff and Brazilian Ronaldo. Only because the thought of those 3 playing together is stuff of fantasy. On the other hand, If you asked me to pick a player - any player - to build a team around, then it would be Ronaldo all day long. Couldn't be arsed about who and so and so who have silkier skills. His goal record is SO insane that he has to be top of the list IMO

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.