Author Topic: Cable/sat tv boxes  (Read 551025 times)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Dodgy cable boxes
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2012, 09:10:30 pm »
thanks again.

ive been checking those websites out for the cloned boxes, they dont look like the cloned versions as they are around the normal asking price as an original. is there anywhere else i can get cloned versions?

thanks

;D

Mate - the boxes such as Vu+/BladeMedia/Xtrend are in essence clones. They aren't Dreamboxes. Dream Multimedia ones are pricier. They will run the same underlying linux based Enigma 2. For a guide from about a year ago of a set up from scratch see posts earlier in this thread. I did one with screenshots for an xtrend box when i first got into it.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2012, 09:14:58 pm »
h**p://www.skyboxgenie.com

They're doing these on another website for £160, would usually set everything up myself but this isn't for me and they need something to just plug and play.

Anyone used these before?
:D

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2012, 09:38:48 pm »
h**p://www.skyboxgenie.com

They're doing these on another website for £160, would usually set everything up myself but this isn't for me and they need something to just plug and play.

Anyone used these before?

I've not personally. They don't really give much detail on how they handle channel changes etc as and when Sky do channel frequency changes

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2012, 09:46:22 pm »
anybody used this site? http://www.dreambox.me.uk/

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2012, 10:10:52 pm »
Openbox s9's. Not used them or the site but this is what some of the forums out there say

http://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/f19-other-receiver-discussion/openbox-s9-10-11-12-a-6231/
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3388-Sky-UK-on-a-Openbox-S9-set-for-the-older-person
http://www.avforums.com/forums/satellite-tv/1386349-openbox-s9-hd-owners-thread.html

What twin tuners would you recommend for a first time user? baring in mind i want 2 of them and want them to be able record at the same time etc, ideally i want clones because the are cheaper etc, i have roughly £500/£600 to spend on the full setup with the dish as well.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2012, 10:56:09 pm »
What twin tuners would you recommend for a first time user? baring in mind i want 2 of them and want them to be able record at the same time etc, ideally i want clones because the are cheaper etc, i have roughly £500/£600 to spend on the full setup with the dish as well.

Box wise a solid and well supported box is the vu+ duo. Not the cheapest clone but a dependable one.

Dish wise if you have a sky dish already you're sorted. Not had to buy a dish (motorised or otherwise) so not in best place to advise but they vary from 60/70 quid upwards to 150.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2012, 10:59:06 pm »
Box wise a solid and well supported box is the vu+ duo. Not the cheapest clone but a dependable one.

Dish wise if you have a sky dish already you're sorted. Not had to buy a dish (motorised or otherwise) so not in best place to advise but they vary from 60/70 quid upwards to 150.

i want to be able to watch every saturday kick off so i will be purchasing a 100cm motorised dish, how much does a cloned vu+ duo cost? can 2 boxes and a dish be bought on my budget?

thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:00:42 pm by Teapot »

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2012, 11:09:07 pm »
i want to be able to watch every saturday kick off so i will be purchasing a 100cm motorised dish, how much does a cloned vu+ duo cost? can 2 boxes and a dish be bought on my budget?

thanks for the help!

hi. vu+ duo IS a clone of sorts. Personally would speak to someone off this thread like Duglish/Fish 77/Trada who have the dishes yer after set up. A bit of google and those sites mentioned earlier and you'll see a variety. Just remember if it doesn't say Dream Multimedia etc it's a clone :)

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2012, 11:15:44 pm »
my situation is like this, my friend knows a guy who will come round and install everything ie satellite, boxes etc, but he wants money up front to order the boxes himself, he usually adds a bit of coinage etc, i want to buy the boxes myself and just pay for the installation, so the satellite side of things doesnt really bother me, to be honest me and pappa bear could install the whole lot by ourselves but we want a helping hand first time round etc!

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2012, 11:39:55 pm »
my situation is like this, my friend knows a guy who will come round and install everything ie satellite, boxes etc, but he wants money up front to order the boxes himself, he usually adds a bit of coinage etc, i want to buy the boxes myself and just pay for the installation, so the satellite side of things doesnt really bother me, to be honest me and pappa bear could install the whole lot by ourselves but we want a helping hand first time round etc!

Understood. You'll definitely need a dual tuner box. If you bought the stuff yourself i think it will nudge just past the 600 mark. Vu+  Duo is around 250-270 and a 100 cm dish is about 130 odd

http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/p563/VU+-DUO-+-Technomate-97cm-Motorised-Dish-Package/product_info.html gets you half way. Add a vu+ duo on its own to get 2 of them. Give these folks a call and charm them into your price range :-D. You'll need a quad lnb to achieve all of what you want.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2012, 11:41:59 pm »
Understood. You'll definitely need a dual tuner box. If you bought the stuff yourself i think it will nudge just past the 600 mark. Vu+  Duo is around 250-270 and a 100 cm dish is about 130 odd

http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/p563/VU+-DUO-+-Technomate-97cm-Motorised-Dish-Package/product_info.html gets you half way. Add a vu+ duo on its own to get 2 of them. Give these folks a call and charm them into your price range :-D. You'll need a quad lnb to achieve all of what you want.

you sir are a credit to these forums, thank you!  :)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:22 pm »
you sir are a credit to these forums, thank you!  :)

ha - anytime mate. I owe anything I know to the folks on this thread who treaded this path to enlightenment!

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2012, 02:22:48 pm »
Teapot, depending on what satellites you want to pick up (and how far north you live) you should be fine with a 80cm dish which will cost under £30 (including fittings) then around £50 for a motor, this will easily get you 13 &19.2 east which is all i've ever used and the only game i've missed over the past few years is northampton

you can get a vu+ duo for £220 from here who're uk based and are very reliable with fast delivery

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2012, 05:41:53 pm »
Teapot, depending on what satellites you want to pick up (and how far north you live) you should be fine with a 80cm dish which will cost under £30 (including fittings) then around £50 for a motor, this will easily get you 13 &19.2 east which is all i've ever used and the only game i've missed over the past few years is northampton

you can get a vu+ duo for £220 from here who're uk based and are very reliable with fast delivery

Thanks for the info, i will be purchasing 2 of them tomorrow.

i have a few questions tho if anybody can help me?

1. if ive got the 2 boxes connected to the 1 satellite dish, will i be able to watch the footy on a foreign channel and the parents watch some else on sky? ie if im on a different satellite they can only watch whats on that chosen satellite?

2. i was contemplating putting the satellite up with my dad, hes put many up before, how would i know what way to point the dish? (do i need to have a cardshare package before we start aligning? ie if we see an image on screen it means its alligned right or can it be done without a package first?)

3. if i have the satellite up and boxes installed with their images, in this case the image is blackhole (any better out there?), should i just go ahead and do the rest of the installation myself seeing as its nearly done or is it worth paying a guy to come round and finalise it all for me? how much more is there to do after this point? i can install the C lines and stuff so thats not a hassle. i can use computers!  ;)

4. to cut costs im going to install the internal hard drives myself, i think 500gb will be fine but what physical size hard drive will fit the receiver? & where can i buy a usb wifi dongle to use with these boxes?

5. what card sharers should i be looking at to get the full sly tv package and all saturday afternoon kick offs? my friend said he uses ..... has anybody heard or used him?

Thats all for now.

I really appreciate all the help guys, its helping me out big time.

thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:11:41 pm by Teapot »

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2012, 06:23:05 pm »

1. if ive got the 2 boxes connected to the 1 satellite dish, will i be able to watch the footy on a foreign channel and the parents watch some else on sky? ie if im on a different satellite they can only watch whats on that chosen satellite?

2. i was contemplating putting the satellite up with my dad, hes put many up before, how would i know what way to point the dish? (do i need to have a cardshare package before we start aligning? ie if we see an image on screen it means its alligned right or can it be done without a package first?)

3. if i have the satellite up and boxes installed with their images, in this case the image is blackhole (any better out there?), should i just go ahead and do the rest of the installation myself seeing as its nearly done or is it worth paying a guy to come round and finalise it all for me? how much more is there to do after this point? i can install the C lines and stuff so thats not a hassle. i can use computers!  ;)

4. to cut costs im going to install the internal hard drives myself, i think 500gb will be fine but what physical size hard drive will fit the receiver? & where can i buy a usb wifi dongle to use with these boxes?

5. what card sharers should i be looking at to get the full sly tv package and all saturday afternoon kick offs? my friend said he uses http://www.digitalsatkey.com/cccam-server.html has anybody heard or used him?

Thats all for now.

thanks again.

On 1 - the dish is motorised so the lnb will move so not really possible.

On 2 - google be your friend. There are items that help get it pointing the right way and for line of sight for the Astra satellite as a starter

On 3 - You don't need anyone really post the sat install. Even you can put the cables in the back of the box. Remember they need to be connected to the internet for card sharing to work. I would say if your router is far from where the box will be use Powerline solutions to overcome. Beats wifi. Images wise, the ViX image is good one and really well supported. Would go with this one. I started off with Egami and moved to ViX

On 4 - regular 3.5" drive same as one that goes into a desktop PC is fine. The hard drive will be for your recordings. Most recordings are in .ts format so high in quality and size. 500Gb should be fine. If you really do need a wifi dongle see the sites posted by me earlier for boxes as they will stock them

5 - Not really one for linking here as don't want to risk RAWK and legalities etc. I've PM'd you who I've used and a starter for 10 for others

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2012, 06:54:46 pm »

5. what card sharers should i be looking at to get the full sly tv package and all saturday afternoon kick offs? my friend said he uses http://www.digitalsatkey.com/cccam-server.html has anybody heard or used him?

Thats all for now.

thanks again.

1. you won't be able to do this with a motorized system, what you'd need is a fixed dish with a multibracket, i'm not sure exactly what you'd need though but have a look here and scroll about 3/4 of the way down and look for Triax 20 degree Multibracket kit optional LNBs and diseqc switch. i think this bracket is designed for a triax dish so you might need to modify it to fit another make

something like this should enable you to get signals from satellites 20 degrees apart which will cover hotbird 13e, astra 1 19.2e & astra 2 28.2e, i'm not sure what size dish you'd need though to pull in a reliable signal from all 3 satellites, you would also need a lnb with 2 outputs for sky so you can run cable to both receivers and a 4-way DiSEqC switch so you can connect the cables from all 3 lnb's to your box

easiest solution is to put a separate sky dish up for your parents box

2. you don't need a card share set up to test if the dish is aligned, if you're gonna set up a motorized dish you need to make sure it's pointing south (buy a decent compass as it's worth it and will save you a lot of messing about) and the elevation is correct for where you live, then it's a matter of going into the satellite settings on the receiver and adding the satellites you want to pick up then do a manual scan on each satellite to find the channels, if you've got everything set up right you'll pick up over 1000 channels on astra 2 (sky) and you'll be able to view all the free channels without a card share

i'm not sure about vu+ duo as i've never used one but the images are enigma 2 based so it should be similar to setting a dreambox up so i should be able to help you out this once you've got everything installed

3. the hardest part is getting the dish aligned, if you've got some basic networking & pc knowledge you should be able to set the box up yourself

4. think you can use 2.5 & 3.5 inch hdd's in the vu+ duo, i'd recommend one that's 5400rpm as they're quieter and produce less heat though there's a lot more room in the vu+ than dreambox 800 so heat might not be an issue for them, wouldn't bother with wifi but go with homeplugs instead if you can't physically hardwire it to your router

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2012, 10:27:38 pm »
right, im just about to order all my gear, can somebody scan their knowledgeable eye over it to make sure everything looks tickety boo?

2 x vu+ duo twin tuners @ £220 each from here http://ukdreamshop.co.uk/prestashop/6-v

1 x 80 cm motorised satellite dish with quad lnb @ £120 from http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/Dishes-and-Dish-Packs-Satellite-Dish-Packs/c73_79/p566/Inverto-80cm-Motorised-Dish-Pack/product_info.html

im going to purchase 1 home plug for the downstairs vu+ box, other box will connect directly to router.

2 high speed hard drives to install into the boxes.

i can cable cable from my dads work.

will this get me up and running? all i would need after this is the card share service then once its all going?

Also, is it possible to buy an adapter or something that i can add to one of the vu+ boxes so it accepts RF out? my dad likes to have the satellite beamed all around the house downstairs.

thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:30:42 pm by Teapot »

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2012, 10:47:18 pm »
right, im just about to order all my gear, can somebody scan their knowledgeable eye over it to make sure everything looks tickety boo?

2 x vu+ duo twin tuners @ £220 each from here http://ukdreamshop.co.uk/prestashop/6-v

1 x 80 cm motorised satellite dish with quad lnb @ £120 from http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/Dishes-and-Dish-Packs-Satellite-Dish-Packs/c73_79/p566/Inverto-80cm-Motorised-Dish-Pack/product_info.html

im going to purchase 1 home plug for the downstairs vu+ box, other box will connect directly to router.

2 high speed hard drives to install into the boxes.

i can cable cable from my dads work.

will this get me up and running? all i would need after this is the card share service then once its all going?

Also, is it possible to buy an adapter or something that i can add to one of the vu+ boxes so it accepts RF out? my dad likes to have the satellite beamed all around the house downstairs.

thanks again.

Boxes are good. Speak to the shop owners re: dish. When I first started off they answered my questions so are approachable

Re: rf out and boxes etc not really had the need for it but a quick google sets you on your way http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?35666-RF-Modulator-With-Scart-and-Phono-for-the-VU

Also an app for the ipad called dreambox live and hey presto you've now got it on your ipad and independent of the box i.e. watch independently on ipad

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2012, 10:51:02 pm »
Thanks teapot for asking all the questions I wanted to ask. :)
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2012, 10:55:13 pm »
thanks Harinder.

Ferg its these guys you should be thanking  ;) im just glad the guys on here are so friendly and are willing to put up with my nursery school questions!

is there anywhere that sells the hd satellite cable cheap? i spoke with my dad an i think hes getting confused over the cable type so im just gonna buy it online here.

a big thank you again guys!

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2012, 10:58:06 pm »
thanks Harinder.

Ferg its these guys you should be thanking  ;) im just glad the guys on here are so friendly and are willing to put up with my nursery school questions!

is there anywhere that sells the hd satellite cable cheap? i spoke with my dad an i think hes getting confused over the cable type so im just gonna buy it online here.

a big thank you again guys!

it's the same sat cable that comes with sky that you need mate

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2012, 06:17:39 pm »
Just a quick question, how is the motorised satellite powered? is there a separate power cable or is it controlled via the satellite cable that plugs into the box? its been bothering me all day and im baffled.

thanks

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2012, 06:20:39 pm »
Draws the tiny amount of power needed from the box.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2012, 06:31:48 pm »
thanks, i will be having 2 vu+ boxes connecting to the dish, do they just connect to the quad lnb ive bought then? its just i read a few guides and some people word it in a way that it sounds like it connects to the actual motor which doesnt sound right. made me think i may need a separate power cable.

also can somebody confirm i can receive HD on both boxes at the same time?

sorry for what may be obvious questions, just need things cleared up  :)

thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:36:35 pm by Teapot »

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2012, 06:35:03 pm »
thanks, i will be having 2 vu+ boxes connecting to the dish, do they just connect to the quad lnb ive bought then? its just i read a few guides and some people word it in a way that it sounds like it connects to the actual motor which doesnt sound right. made me think i may bed a separate power cable.

thanks again.

You can recieve HD on both boxes.

No idea on the lnb bit though. Don't have a motorised dish mate

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2012, 07:30:24 pm »
Hi,

does anybody know how 2 receivers connects up to a motorised dish? looking at videos on youtube on motorised dishes, it looks like i will have to have 1 box connected to the motor then to the lnb, do i simply connect the second receiver to the lnb as well?

is there anyway to have both boxes control the dish, not at the same time tho.  :)

thanks.

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2012, 07:44:37 pm »
thanks, i will be having 2 vu+ boxes connecting to the dish, do they just connect to the quad lnb ive bought then? its just i read a few guides and some people word it in a way that it sounds like it connects to the actual motor which doesnt sound right. made me think i may need a separate power cable.

thanks again.

the coaxial cable from the receiver powers the motor

your best set up would be to run 2 cables direct to the tuners in your parents receiver, from your box run a cable from lnb1 input to the motor then a short piece from the motor to lnb, then another cable from lnb2 input to the lnb, i've not had to do this as i only have a single tuner so need just the one cable from my receiver to motor then one from motor to lnb but it should work ok in theory

your parents won't be able to watch sky or record anything on it when you move the dish, you also won't be able to record anything on sky if you have the dish pointing at a foreign satellite

one other thing regarding card share you'll more than likely need to take out a sub for each box, don't try and use the same c lines on both boxes, also some server operators will give you more than one line so there's a backup if a server goes down, don't try using one on one box and one on the other without asking first as you'll more than likely get kicked off without a refund

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2012, 07:56:41 pm »
the coaxial cable from the receiver powers the motor

your best set up would be to run 2 cables direct to the tuners in your parents receiver, from your box run a cable from lnb1 input to the motor then a short piece from the motor to lnb, then another cable from lnb2 input to the lnb, i've not had to do this as i only have a single tuner so need just the one cable from my receiver to motor then one from motor to lnb but it should work ok in theory

your parents won't be able to watch sky or record anything on it when you move the dish, you also won't be able to record anything on sky if you have the dish pointing at a foreign satellite

one other thing regarding card share you'll more than likely need to take out a sub for each box, don't try and use the same c lines on both boxes, also some server operators will give you more than one line so there's a backup if a server goes down, don't try using one on one box and one on the other without asking first as you'll more than likely get kicked off without a refund

i dont mind not having the ability to control the dish with both boxes, i was just reading old threads and i thought a newer solution might have popped up.

so, receiver 1 which is in my room, connect it to the motor, then a short piece of coxial to the lnb, this gives me control of the motor and satellites, receiver 2 just connects directly to the lnb?.

both boxes will always be watching the same thing regardless, the only time it will be on another satellite is when we are all watching saturday kickoffs, after that its back to the sly satellite.

what ever the boxes are watching on the same satellite can we record at all times and watch in HD?

thanks again for all the help.

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2012, 08:04:37 pm »
Hi,

does anybody know how 2 receivers connects up to a motorised dish? looking at videos on youtube on motorised dishes, it looks like i will have to have 1 box connected to the motor then to the lnb, do i simply connect the second receiver to the lnb as well?

is there anyway to have both boxes control the dish, not at the same time tho.  :)

thanks.

You're getting in the area where I'd say fuck it and put a 2nd dish up  :D

It can be done but you'd need either a switch or a loop through, it's a bit advanced for me so you'd be best off asking on somewhere like digital kaos or techwatch

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2012, 08:07:09 pm »
You're getting in the area where I'd say fuck it and put a 2nd dish up  :D

It can be done but you'd need either a switch or a loop through, it's a bit advanced for me so you'd be best off asking on somewhere like digital kaos or techwatch

hehe! no, im past that question  :)

look at my post before your last message  ;D

thanks!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:08:59 pm by Teapot »

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2012, 08:16:21 pm »
Yeah seen it

On my phone 'ere and it's too slow to keep up

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2012, 08:19:56 pm »
Yeah seen it

On my phone 'ere and it's too slow to keep up

ah sorry.

i think you should call over to n.ireland and install it for me  ;)

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2012, 05:12:47 pm »
what satellite should i look out for it i wanted all the saturday afternoon kick offs? ie astra 19.2 / hotbird 13 etc?

im browsing alot of suppliers and i dont know which one to get as ive no idea what satellite or station the afternoon kick offs are on?

thanks

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2012, 05:57:20 pm »
astra 19.2 & hotbird 13 should be all you need, http://liveonsat.com/index.html shows which channels are showing which games usually around a week before the match

i use 2 servers, one which only has sly which is spot on then i have another that i only subscribe to during the football season which has just about every satellite that can be picked up in europe available, the sly channels on this one can be very glitchy though which is why i keep a sub to the other one, works out at £19 p/m during the season & £10 p/m over the summer

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2012, 06:08:46 pm »
can you pm me the subscription you use for the footy?

thanks!  ;)

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: July 9, 2012, 06:41:43 pm »
here's a question, we have cable from UPC in ireland (they bought out NTL), we also have a satellite dish from back when we had Sky, the connection comes in from a box outside for both signals, it's only wired to take one signal, is it possible to run two signals down the internal aerial wiring in the house or is it impossible, i'm guessing impossible.

I'd like to be able to have Satellite and Cable at the same time using the internal aerial points? Am I mad?
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 9, 2012, 07:51:56 pm »
The Sky and Cable should come into the property completely independently of each other. Cable usually have a box on the exterior wall and Sky cables are normally fed directly through your wall after he's drilled a hole through your exterior wall.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 9, 2012, 09:04:55 pm »
sadly our sky is connected into a box on the side of the  house that splits it round the various rooms in the house, we switched to cable and this same box was used for the cable, it only has one input

didn't think it was feasible
STFU and agree with me.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 9, 2012, 09:14:57 pm »
TV''s not really my area but if you were putting two signals on similar frequencies going into one box without it being designed to do it (shielding etc) it might cause a problem with interference.

That's if it's even physically possible for you to do it.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.