Author Topic: Kodi / XBMC  (Read 605457 times)

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Kodi / XBMC
« Reply #4040 on: April 9, 2017, 11:14:57 am »
My shite remote makes it hard to input all the add one, can't be arsed to wait for a new one. What builds do you lads reccomend?
Try Yatse, it's a Kodi remote app.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4041 on: April 9, 2017, 11:24:42 am »
I use privateinternetaccess,only $40 a year. There are free ones but they're crap.

yep, had it a few years now...multi-platform...works a treat
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4042 on: April 9, 2017, 11:44:18 am »
Try Yatse, it's a Kodi remote app.
Is it available on iPhones?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4043 on: April 9, 2017, 12:27:47 pm »
Is it available on iPhones?
Dont think so, there is Official Kodi Remote for iOS.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4044 on: April 9, 2017, 01:32:50 pm »
Dont think so, there is Official Kodi Remote for iOS.
Going to give that a go later.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4045 on: April 9, 2017, 01:47:26 pm »
Still will probably look at builds. Any recommendations?

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4046 on: April 9, 2017, 01:52:46 pm »
I've used Paradox in the past, was always decent. Pulse CCM I've seen mentioned elsewhere, supposed to be good.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4047 on: April 9, 2017, 01:55:29 pm »
Ares wizard add on has loads of builds to choose from as well.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4048 on: April 9, 2017, 03:27:33 pm »
Ares wizard add on has loads of builds to choose from as well.
Nice one

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4049 on: April 9, 2017, 05:39:22 pm »
Installed and updated the new Kodi (Krypton) on the Firestick and Kodi won't even load up now, screen goes blank for a few seconds and takes me back the home page. Another fucking ball ache.

EDIT: Did the 'Force Stop' of Kodi and it loaded up. Thank fuck for that.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2017, 05:54:30 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #4050 on: April 10, 2017, 07:25:48 am »
Falsehood is too strong. There are a lot of streaming sites that have switched/are switching to https and the best way of accessing them is to update to Kodi 17.

If you have an outdated box then see if you can stick Linux on it first and run OpenElec or LibreElec or similar (more stable than Android anyway) and if not give FTMC a go (forum topic - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/general-tv-player-dicussions/xbmc-talk/575588-ftmc ). I would highly recommend an up to date Linux based version of Kodi to an outdated Android fork trying to keep up however.

I'm not sure why there seems to be so much resistance to Kodi 17. I've had no problems with it at all myself.

If it's just that it looks a bit different just change the skin to one you prefer.

If you are still managing to play enough stuff that it isn't an issue for you just stay on what you have until it is.

How do I find OpenElec or LibreElec   and then install on my boxes and would this bypass the limitations of android 4

Thanks for any help.
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4051 on: April 10, 2017, 11:00:24 am »
How do I find OpenElec or LibreElec   and then install on my boxes and would this bypass the limitations of android 4

Thanks for any help.
All depends on what box you have. It won't be possible for all of them but try a search for your box and openelec or LibreElec and see what comes up. Some boxes allow you to dual boot between Android and Linux so you would still keep your Android apps, other boxes don't.

Both have forums so might be worth asking there.

http://openelec.tv

https://libreelec.tv

If your box is still playing enough stuff though it's not really a big problem. I doubt that all working links are going to disappear overnight.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #4052 on: April 10, 2017, 11:32:23 am »
The Echo seem to be having a field day trying to scare people about watching the footie on "Kodi boxes".
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #4053 on: April 10, 2017, 11:43:28 am »
The Echo seem to be having a field day trying to scare people about watching the footie on "Kodi boxes".

So far every paper around the Country has run stories about Kodi and not one of them have actually got the story right as they seem to be mixing it up with downloading. But it's something that's being pushed by FACT/Premier League to try and scare people off. Now there will be a few who will move away from it but the vast majority will just laugh it off, they can chase the servers all day but they will always be one step ahead.
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #4054 on: April 10, 2017, 02:18:11 pm »
Cant believe I'm only getting onboard this now! just downloaded Kodi app from playstore for samsung S6, added Exodus and Halowtv add-ons - sorted.

Any other recommended addons?

Also, - Whats the best free VPN to use from ones experience?

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4055 on: April 10, 2017, 02:37:55 pm »
Wait until they find out you can watch streams on Google Chrome

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4056 on: April 10, 2017, 05:41:34 pm »
The Echo is part of the Trinity Mirror group I believe so you will see the same story on all of the websites belonging to that group but changed slightly to give a local angle.  EG the bit today in the Echo article says that Liverpool and Everton fans streaming live football via Kodi boxes could face harsh penalties and that Liverpool received £90m in 2015-16 from the Sky contract meaning that if people don't stop using it then Liverpool's income stream could be under threat.

It's all bollocks of course but if it puts enough people off then its job done as I suspect they now realise that it is impossible to stop.  Doesn't look like this supposed crackdown has done anything to stop games being broadcast and neither will they be able to as most of these streams originate from outside the UK anyway

They then go on to say that the UK is 4th amongst countries surveyed who's answer to the pirated content question was that sports was the most popular reason for doing so.  Probably because it is nowhere near as damn expensive to watch live sport in other European countries

Personally I hope it bankrupts Sky as I can't stand their hideous owner and the shitrag that the company is linked to for obvious reasons!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #4057 on: April 10, 2017, 06:35:13 pm »
What's the best way to get Kodi then?  Can I install it straight onto my smart TV or PS4?  Or am I best getting a Firestick?  It looks like Sportsmania is the one to get for streaming footy but is there an equivalent for watching the latest films, preferably free?

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4058 on: April 10, 2017, 09:36:41 pm »
What's the best way to get Kodi then?  Can I install it straight onto my smart TV or PS4?  Or am I best getting a Firestick?  It looks like Sportsmania is the one to get for streaming footy but is there an equivalent for watching the latest films, preferably free?
Exodous is the best for films mate, it's free. You may be able to download it onto your smart TV if it's android, but most aren't. As I am aware you can't download it onto a ps4. You can get a firestick but, as I was advised on here, it's better to get an android TV box. It's a similar price with better specs.
As for sports mania don't have a clue, there's a thread for it.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4059 on: April 10, 2017, 09:38:06 pm »
Also, could you send me your profile picture please, boss tha

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: April 10, 2017, 10:16:30 pm »
Try it on your phone /tablet /laptop first.

Exodus /Specto /iStream/SALTS /Phoenix are all good for films and telly.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #4061 on: April 12, 2017, 08:02:05 am »
Thanks to all the assistance in this thread. I'm a bit late to the party but Ive got kodi n exodus on my MacBook and a fire stick now. Reasonably straightforward, had to manually get the zips as the install from zip wouldn't work but other than that I am up and running. Thanks guys.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #4062 on: April 12, 2017, 07:16:52 pm »
If you sign up to Sportsmania you don't even have to install Kodi.  It will run directly from a web browser on your laptop or the browser on the PS4.  Get yourself a week's trial for £6 if you want but I guarantee you'll stay longer than that!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: April 13, 2017, 05:17:52 pm »
The easiest way of doing this is by downloading and installing FreeTelly from here

https://www.tvaddons.ag/freetelly-windows-kodi/

It's already set up as a custom version of Kodi with a load of addons. You can run it on the same computer as official Kodi and should be able to add more addons to it in the same way.

You can also just download Kodi and then put a custom build on it.

Once you know which addons you are actually going to use, you can then have a stripped down version of Kodi with only those addons installed which is much easier to navigate but the likes of FreeTelly and the builds are handy to see what's available.

Thank you for your help.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #4064 on: April 19, 2017, 09:04:24 am »
Been using Kodi off and on for a while. Not used it in a while but I have a new laptop now, so I thought I'd give it a go. But i'm out of the loop in terms of good addons, so please give me some tips. Mainly looking for sports. Is UK Turk still going? I thought that was decent. I liked the sports and stand up comedy sections.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #4065 on: April 29, 2017, 08:27:56 am »
Got an android box with Kodi pre installed recently, it's been very good so far. Just wondering what the best way to watch the fight tonight would be with the box? Thanks.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4066 on: April 30, 2017, 04:17:03 pm »
Can you use the same amazon account for 2 seperate fire sticks?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4067 on: April 30, 2017, 04:51:33 pm »
Can you use the same amazon account for 2 seperate fire sticks?
You can yes.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #4068 on: May 1, 2017, 03:20:33 pm »
Are there any decent PL footie channels these days?  I cannot get NJM or Adrian Sports to work
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4069 on: May 2, 2017, 12:07:59 pm »
Sportsdevil mate. If you want to combine it with good quality, find a Plexus link there if available.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4070 on: May 5, 2017, 02:07:19 pm »
So, the missus has seen the article in the independent saying users of Kodi could be prosecuted etc and she's starting to panic. I've told her its fine and a scare story - but what is the legal position on Kodi and streaming?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #4071 on: May 5, 2017, 04:22:16 pm »
So, the missus has seen the article in the independent saying users of Kodi could be prosecuted etc and she's starting to panic. I've told her its fine and a scare story - but what is the legal position on Kodi and streaming?

Guilty as charged, 10 years! Just get a vpn mate and you should be fine  :)

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: May 5, 2017, 06:25:23 pm »
Guilty as charged, 10 years! Just get a vpn mate and you should be fine  :)

With his name mate, I think he'd rather just do the time  :D
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #4073 on: May 5, 2017, 07:25:37 pm »
Anybody recommend a VPN?

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #4074 on: May 5, 2017, 09:33:05 pm »
Anybody recommend a VPN?

This one seems to be the favorite: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

32 quid a year

HTH
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4075 on: May 5, 2017, 11:03:49 pm »
This one seems to be the favorite: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

32 quid a year

HTH

Thanks

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #4076 on: May 5, 2017, 11:45:20 pm »
I can also recommend PIA. Works on up to 6 devices so even Mr Mingebag should be happy

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #4077 on: May 6, 2017, 01:35:32 pm »
I've just signed up for privateinternetaccess for a year and have installed it on my MacBook. So does that mean only my laptop is protected? Do I need to somehow install it on my iPad?

Also, I use kodi on a firestick (plugged into the tv) - how do I get the VPN to work on that?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4078 on: May 6, 2017, 01:55:16 pm »
I've just signed up for privateinternetaccess for a year and have installed it on my MacBook. So does that mean only my laptop is protected? Do I need to somehow install it on my iPad?

Also, I use kodi on a firestick (plugged into the tv) - how do I get the VPN to work on that?

This might help.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-vpn-on-a-firestick-ipvanish-vpn/

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!